Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 moonchildMN
Msg: 38
Is he flirting? Trying to get my attention?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I'll say this to you again, since your other thread was deleted.

YOU are messing with him. YOU are baiting him. Unfriend him from facebook, stop sending him text messsages with sexy innuendo. Stop contact with this guy. He told you he wasn't interested in a relationship with you, he was honest, what else do you need. Yes, rejection sucks the big one and it's a confidence killer if you let it be but it's a natural fact of life.

Keep this up, you're going to end up in a FWB relationship with a guy who has told you he does not want to be in a commited relationship with you.
 SunForSome
Msg: 39
Is he flirting? Trying to get my attention?
Posted: 10/29/2012 2:52:14 PM
Just double check to make sure that you aren't dealing with abandonment issues by....let's say.... someone older than you and well... someone who is male. You seem a little hooked on this guy.

Personally, IF someone ended things with me, without giving a good explanation as to why they were ending things, I probably wouldn't be so excited that they initiated contact, rather I'd be VERY skeptical. Really???? If there was something about ME that wasn't acceptable at the time he pushed me away... why would anything change about me in one or two months: A new found appreciation for things he took for granted? Lonely? Just haven't gotten F**** lately? Whatever! So, why pull me back into the relationship now? I would think that the same dynamics in the relationship would tend to exist or they might be even worse... no problems have been solved....and why would I want to go through round two and potentially waste another six months of my time with someone who is either not right for me; doesn't think I am right for him, or... someone who is not capable of being a healthy partner.

Also... if you are going to date, why fill the empty space with someone you already know isn't a keeper. That doesn't make any sense - not very productive. It's better to just take time off and hang with your girl friends than to do that. Since you don't appear to be over this guy maybe that's what you need to do for yourself.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2012 10:33:34 AM
Yup, do that.

The sex is good, right? Why not?
 Debisusanne
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/4/2012 11:06:35 AM
It just sounds like the OP was trying to get his attention.. and DID

Good Luck OP. ... hope it works out for you.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2012 12:21:29 PM
Just in case this isn't clear yet.

This guy has told you he isn't interested in a relationship with you.

Now, in reponse to prolonged and persistent manipulation by you, he has remembered that the sex was good.

You are throwing yourself at him with such wild abaondon, that he is thinking: Why not, if she wants it THAT badly ....

So, now his imagination is in overdrive, because he's thinking of the good sex. In order to make sure that it actually happens, he's telling you all those sweet nothings you so love to hear.

Of course I can't see the future, but my guess is that at some point within the next two weeks, you WILL have sex with him. Then you'll start making demands. Then he'll act all hurt and confused and say: What's wrong? I TOLD you I wasn't interested in a relationship with you? Why in the world would you think that I changed my mind on that?

Then you'll come here and complain about what an evil player he is. And some people will agree with you.

But some other people will say what we have been saying ever since you started posting about this.

You're inviting everything that's happening to you with this man. It's on you. You are responsible for taking care of yourself. It's not on him.
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/30/2012 1:23:26 AM
whats ur point? do u want to keep him on a string as a phuk-buddy or do you miss the pancakes? LOL...
 Debisusanne
Msg: 51
Posted: 11/30/2012 8:40:45 AM
I am glad its working out for you..l.

Lots of negative people in forums.. ( i can be one).. I think people 'fill in the blanks' and use past experiences to fill those blanks.. MOST of the time.. when someone breaks up with you.. its because.. they just dont want you.. this is not the case here..
 SunForSome
Msg: 52
Posted: 11/30/2012 1:03:53 PM
Actually... I think that it is sort of predictable for at least one person to come back to the relationship around the two month mark. It's usually the person who was initially rejected who initiates. My only concern for you would be is to watch yourself to make sure that you aren't knocking yourself out trying to prove to him what a great girlfriend you are. The need for approval can sometimes do that to people.

Also... I would wonder (since he mentioned something about thinking that this might be just a fling)....how does he define long-term relationship? Does he expect the relationship to progress? Or, is he happy with things continuing just the way they are for many more years? Do you want to get married in the future? Is this an issue?

Anyhow... as long as you are happy... that really is the only thing that matters.

Oh yes... sorry about negativity.
 FairOaksChick
Msg: 55
Posted: 12/1/2012 11:53:59 AM
^^^I agree with the above post. You really need to listen to the "something was missing" part. He now is saying, oh what I really meant to say was....

You seem to be having a difficult time with the fact that he rejected you. Let it go. The other thing to consider is do you really want to be buying this guy his Depends in 10 or 15 years?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >