Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SportsDude
Msg: 19
The top phrases said in a personal adPage 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Bingo. I had a woman write in her profile "hang out" or "friends" and shje was like did it ever occur to you the reason I didnt respond to you was because I'm not attracted to you. I had no idea that people only want to hang out with or be friends with other people they only find physically attractive
 SportsDude
Msg: 20
The top phrases said in a personal ad
Posted: 7/31/2005 8:07:14 AM
and not because they are a decent guy with a great heart
 bucsgirl
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/31/2005 9:57:22 AM
Can one of you guys enlighten me as to what a good hearted woman is? You almost never see good hearted man.
 astrosky
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2005 10:16:29 AM
"I'm intelligent" (and half the time they can't even spell it)

Like nobody will be able to figure out your intelligence or lack thereof by the way the rest of the profile is written.

I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't think they're intelligent....who's going to say "I'm stupid"? Its about as subjective as "good looking", few will admit they're NOT.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 27
Posted: 7/31/2005 11:08:32 AM
Thanks random....hmm may have to reconsider the going steady thing. haha I guess it's just that crazy song that's stuck in my head, I tend to look at good hearted woman as someone who'll put up with a man who drinks too much, can't hold a job, runs around on her and she just puts up with it all. It's a negative image to me.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 33
Who changed this tagline???
Posted: 7/31/2005 6:09:01 PM
I think that'd be a good thing for your profile. Can manage a cart through the snarled web of grocery shoppers who have no list, children running amok screaming for candy and sugar sugar pop breakfast cereal because of a cheesy plastic piece of crap "prize", people on their cell phones discussing choices of coffee "well the mocha nut sounds good, whatdaya think?" and people who leave their carts in the middle of the aisle like the're the only ones shopping and oh yes, the evil demons on the motorized wheelie things. Those people are the worst!! I think you're onto something, that'd make a new catchphrase grocery shopper marathon man. Women will be stuffing your inbox!!!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 36
Posted: 7/31/2005 6:47:57 PM
Here's a few more, how about "open minded", visual of grey matter spilling out, "fun loving" lampshade on head sideways, in sox trying to balance on one foot, drink in hand. tie on sideways. "Spontaneous"....don't GET me started, or "looking for adventure" , I think join the navy, it's not a job, it's an adventure. Yeah I got you adventure, talk to the voices in my head...hahaha
 Fcukmeplease
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/8/2005 11:43:28 AM
horny and looking for someone to f_uck
 viceguy2
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/23/2005 11:16:32 AM
1. Dance like no one is watching
2. I like to have fun on the first date..go skydiving (give me a fuking break!!)
3. Im adaptable..I can dress up in a gown and work a room or just hand out in a t-shirt

Yuk........
 badgirl17
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/23/2005 3:48:12 PM
I was done wrong and looking for the right girl and she never came along! HE SAID ALL the things she did wrong but NEVER what he did!!!!
 nsbanffman
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2005 3:56:31 PM
@hambone eh, thanks, i,ve never heard that one before but then again i look only at the womens profiles!
 wattafind
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/23/2005 4:25:53 PM
My personal favorite: women who are "willing to try anything once", or "willing to try new things"

Makes me run through the list of sexual perversions and try to imagine what I could come up with that she hasn't done before.
 Toad4U
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/23/2005 5:27:23 PM
Many, many men now are quoting from David DeAngelo's email newsletters about kocky comedy in their own profiles. They are very easy to spot.
 Luciouslonglegs
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/23/2005 5:45:45 PM
Big butt's are a plus!!
I love cheese
Experienced cage fighter's wanted
Are you my babies dady???
long walks down allies late at night
bear wrestling

Those are just a few I've noticed
 badgirl17
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/23/2005 7:14:46 PM
Barbie you have too much time on your hands that's the longest shi* I've ever seen!!!!
 badbadgirl
Msg: 57
Posted: 8/23/2005 8:00:35 PM
first date:coffee
 bucsgirl
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/24/2005 3:13:55 PM
Angie's got a great profile, from someone who is totally unbiased. I just happen to LOVE this woman....in a totally friendly way...hehehe!!
 Suzy_Chestnut
Msg: 66
Posted: 8/24/2005 4:32:45 PM
Angie's profile is great!! While I was reading it, I started to think maybe we were twins, separated at birth. But then I realized she would be my slightly older sister. I guess that explains why she likes to go fishing?
 bucsgirl
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/24/2005 4:37:41 PM
Hey Angie, nice pooch!! I can see they love...hehe and Suzy you oughta meet her....I met her for karaoke the last 2 Thursday nights and we had a POF picnic saturday. She is a scream and our temperments and senses of humor are very nearly alike. Darn girl, you're gonna have to come visit Florida we do live in a tropical paradise really. We could go out as the different aged triplets...hahaha!!
OT: I love the phrase "laid back" I wanna say well sit up so I can see your darned face, okay? Otherwise I'm talking to your kneecaps....hehehe!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 71
Posted: 8/24/2005 5:30:58 PM
Angie Okay, I officially retract my earlier statements. Angie is a raving bytch!! She's mean and nasty and ah.....I can't do it, hon. Lying doesn't become me. I just think you're a bunch of fun and giggles. We make each other laugh like loonies and I like that!!! I also love the fact that you shoot from the hip, tell it like it is and say what you think. When I ask you something I get a straight answer not open to interpretation or no interpretation necessary. Now if I could find a MAN like that, woohee.....
 carribeanking7
Msg: 79
Posted: 10/6/2005 2:41:28 AM
No mind games

no jerks or jerks stay away

no pic = no reply

only real men need apply

must have own car & a job

"looking for a gud gentleman"
...(this one actually has a profile here-stalked me from another site....regret reccomending POF to her...even put my name in the first date section of her profile.....arrrrghhhh)
 carribeanking7
Msg: 80
Posted: 10/6/2005 3:44:26 AM
How do you know someone is intelagunt anyway...

do they have "intel inside" logo on their foreheads
 TechnoBear
Msg: 95
Posted: 11/2/2005 4:36:39 PM
"Family is very important to me"
 TechnoBear
Msg: 96
Posted: 11/2/2005 4:40:13 PM

dressed up in a funny costume, like a nun or something....

For some reason I still don't understand I had sex dreams about my pregnant wife being a nun and I was a priest trying to seduce her.

And weird dreams about the baby too.

!!!
 crystalise
Msg: 98
Posted: 11/2/2005 6:00:31 PM
well not sure if the phrase TOP 10 lines is meant to be a good thing that is what we consider are the best or the top things we look for but after reading posts seems like its a make fun of thing

However....

I do like the ones

likes to camp and outdoors. My radar is honing in on that one
I also dont think fun always means the bedroom kind and I love the line about laughter and sense of humour. Ding my radar goes off again - they are my top drawcards...

but to keep with the poke a stick at ones:

I have to agree the nauseous, "Im one of a kind""" take the gong oh and my favourite that makes me move on

" if you want to know anymore just ask"

when they have put nothing more than Prefer not to Say..... or Not Specified - thats just lazy !!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >