Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 musicnut46
Msg: 106
Favorites List?????Page 3 of 46    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
So e-dating is a sport,is it,go-out and play,might get into a shoot-out I bet if wasn't "single" I wouldn't be on herePerhaps a whole new dating site"limited entryhungingofanimals" just a way for some people to "break the ice" with people they never could to inperson Life be a journey of constant discoveryI'm alway open to dancing
 musicnut46
Msg: 113
Favorites List?????
Posted: 3/5/2007 2:07:02 PM
If you don't understand the purpose of features,why put-up a profile? Be careful what you wish for. It be a tool,some people don't know how to use tools. Make a list,check it to see if it gets youn viewed,see if you can e-mail them. If not,block 'em. I personaly get curious when out of towners add me. Be nice to know why you get added. The site keeps getting better,use it peeps.
 ProgrockVentureman
Msg: 114
Favorites List?????
Posted: 3/5/2007 7:11:52 PM
I find no gain/profit to my dating experience whatsoever with this "favorite lists" feature. Does not make a bit of difference.
 .tiamat.
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 3/5/2007 7:52:02 PM
Whoever made the wish list comment, I second that. Occasionally I'll do a search, and you know how it is, you can't stop at just one! When I send out a contact email, I like to put a bit of thought into it, so I save the ones I find interesting for later... in the hope that eventually I'll get around to contacting them. Sooner or later I'll revisit their profile and think, why did I add this person? Then they come off. I do get around to contacting everyone sooner or later, just sometimes it's much later. In the meantime, they can feel free to take it as a hint that I found them interesting on some level, and contact me if they wish. I've only ever had that happen once though. It's odd you know, I always figured that adding someone to your favourites list was the online equivalent of giving someone a come-hither look from across the bar. Apparently not.

Then of course there are the ones I've added because I enjoy following their forum posts (it's NOTHING like stalking, I swear!)

As for the ones that add me, it's not like the number is large or intimidating. I used to delete people, but lately I don't even bother, I just let 'em pile up. Some of them are 'forum friends', some of them I have no idea what was in their mind when they added me. Probably best I don't know.
 Cynderella
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Favorites list of a woman
Posted: 3/11/2007 10:19:15 PM

Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I use my "favorites" as more of a "wish list".

I with you on this one
 evrybdy
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 3/12/2007 4:56:45 AM
Well, for me, it's almost 400 people now and I wish I could send a thank you to everyone that added me, but I just try to keep up with the 10+ emails each day and figure those that email me should take precedence. I got no problem with the list being long, as I often just get emails from people complementing my pics, and that they just like to look at my pics or read what I write in forums, or whatever. I don't mind entertaining people.lol I am also on dialup, and so it would take forever for me to go through and do too much about it, so enjoy!

I do get the "you are on how many faves? you'll never write me" and then I write them back. It usually shuts them up

M
 lindy_3333
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 3/12/2007 5:52:30 AM
Someone said that they delete everyone on their list because others on that list get a hold of each other and talk about you? When I look at a profile, all I see is the numbers of people who are on someones list. I don't see a link where I can look at all the people who have them on their lists. I can only go to MY profile and see a link for me to go to check mine.

Is this person paranoid, or am I missing something? Can someone email me and let me know lol.... I may not get back to this particular forum.

As I say on MY profile and have heard many more say on these forums, the list has NOTHING to do with much of any one thing! lol..You can keep track of ones who are on forums so you can go see their comments on any topic. You can keep track of people contacted or who contacted you, or you can just put on people you would like to contact. I have a lot of guys on mine. I have yet to meet one person from the list. One on my list I met from elsewhere. 99% of the guys who have me on their lists, haven't contacted ME. As someone said, it should be renamed or at least defined what "Favorites" list means, since it seems to mean different things to different people.

Happy fishing everyone!

Linda
 justlooking_69
Msg: 125
Favorites List?????
Posted: 5/9/2007 2:27:49 PM
well i am on 26 favorites and i have made good friends from those favorites
 scorpiomover
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 5/9/2007 6:40:06 PM
I put loads of people on my favorites.

But I do get nervous about emailing people.
I'm really not sure if they really would appreciate a stranger emailing them.

Also, sometimes, someone catches my eye, something about the cheeky grin they have, or what they wrote. But then I think: Ahhh, but would they like to talk to you, or are they here just to meet a potential partner? What if they have some foible about height, location, or such other?

Also, right now, I'm not comfortable with the whole dating thing, having put my heart into a 2000 C oven of heartbreak over the last 7-8 months. I'd like to email, talk, etc. Just so's I have some idea of where I am coming from. Just to have fun. I really just want to date to have people to flirt with and take to dinner - nothing expected after. Just be nice to go somewhere with a woman on my arm.

Is it OK to just randomly email people?
Are there any rules?
The last thing I want is to come across like a pervert, or a creep, or something like that.

Also, what if you like to remember someone, but their mail settings won't let you mail them?
 dgei
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 5/9/2007 7:56:10 PM
i do not mind,maybe they just enjoy looking at someone beautiful or handsome. i have favorites ,but i only communicate with one woman at a time. if it doesnt work out i go to my favorites. sometimes you only come across a profile once so its a good idea to save it. snooze ya lose!
 codedout
Msg: 132
Favorites List?????
Posted: 5/15/2007 3:39:58 PM
Hmm I got a nasty email from one person cause I added them to my favourites. The reason I add people is I like their refresing posts on the forums. If they are on my favourites then I can quickly go and read their posts without having to read each topic. Guess I wont be reading any of her stuff anymore.

Anyway all is well, if people dont want to be on my favourites I don't really care. The other friends I have will suffice.
 justlooking_69
Msg: 133
Favorites List?????
Posted: 5/17/2007 11:11:35 AM
well i am moving up quick lol i am on 32 now its just easy to talk to a woman about how her day is and just stuff in general i just never bring up the sex shit its just nice to know that you can find friends out there
 mj824
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 5/17/2007 11:46:20 AM
I agree when someone puts you on their favorites list as being a compliment. To me it shows there is obviously interest of some kind. But I do find people rather fickle. You could have three people put you on their favorites list in one day and then be dumped by more than that the next day. Ah, the perogative of quickly changing your mind.
 waltah1962
Msg: 135
Favorites List?????
Posted: 5/22/2007 2:11:17 AM
When I first signed up onto PoF, I used my Favorites as a place to "store" women that I was interested in. There are so many appealing women on this site, though, that the list quickly got a little unruly. I recently took steps to correct that, removing anyone who hadn't been active in over a month. I had previously been removing anyone that I contacted that read and deleted, or failed to read at all, my message.

There are other factors, too - some people's lives get busy and they don't get around to making those contacts. No sense in adding to a complicated life by trying to date in the middle of it.
 Applette
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 5/22/2007 4:03:27 AM
All of the time .......... I am racking them up like hotcakes on a cold winter morning!

kinetix1975
Msg: 138
Favorites List?????
Posted: 5/22/2007 11:06:32 PM
Actually, I think this list is some kind of "ego booster" for some peoples. The more peoples add them on their list, the more they feel "valorized".

The amount of reasons why peoples can come on such kind website is uncalculable. However, I'm ready to bet that about 20% of members of any dating website makes it only to boost their ego, to see if they could be considered as attractive by other peoples.
 Marjabu
Msg: 141
Favorites List?????
Posted: 5/23/2007 6:37:54 AM
I find it pretty amusing as well....I think I have talked to 2 men that have me on their lists.....I on the other hand, have talked to the people on my list and usually ask them if I can add them.
 mj824
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 5/23/2007 7:11:09 AM
I think the favorites list is very flattering. It shows interest on someone else's part. It could mean alot of things- they like your profile and may want to contact you someday if even just to talk, they like to read what you say in the forums, or they may just like to keep you in their memory for now. As for someone that won't contact you because you have a large favorites list that's just plain stupid. Even if someone is on 300 people's lists it doesn't mean she's been pursued by all of them, alot of them could even be from girls who she's made friends with.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 143
Favorites List?????
Posted: 5/23/2007 9:35:54 AM
Trying to figure out favorites is a good deal like trying to read minds.

I put people on when I find them interesting. Sometimes in aid of possibly matchmaking, sometimes simply because either their profile or their forum postings are interesting. I've formed some very good friendships with those who have put me on theirs.

I think regular forums posters prolly have higher numbers on both lists. And are also more interested in actually communicating than your average PoFfer. I wouldn't know much about those that are intimidated by the numbers because they don't contact me. Those that *have* contacted me have been stellar human beings, and there have been enough of them to keep me busy.

I'm guessing it evens out: those that hate the feature don't use it and find others who don't. And those that do, also find others who do. Just another filter for matching up personalities, eh?

justlooking_69
Msg: 144
Favorites List?????
Posted: 5/23/2007 3:55:56 PM
i am doing well on the favorites as well jumped to 41 and they are really nice ladies made a lot of friends this way i love this site its awesome
 Living in Colour
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 5/25/2007 9:04:54 PM
Oh Dear!
Now you have me wondering if I have totally misunderstood the idea behind the favourites list (though I think it should be called 'interested')
In my opinion, adding somone to my favourites list is saying to them that I am interested. If they are interested in me they should add me to their favourites list. Then one of us can send a message. Sort of like smiling at someone from across a room and receiving a smile back.

But if I'm wrong.................. Hey! Maybe some of those lovely guys I have added to my favourites list might actually be desperate to meet me but here I am thinking they aren't interested because they haven't added me to their list. There's hope yet........
 dpd22
Msg: 161
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/10/2007 6:17:16 PM
IMO the favorite list is useless just like the "Viewed Me" section. Some women have put me on their favorite list. I contacted them and they never responded so I simply removed them. Other times they would put me on their favorite list and contact me. I would reject them for various reasons. Lack of common interests, completely unattractive to me, having multiple kids, smoking etc. After I turned them down, they would remove me which is reasonable. Some women ( who obviously live too far from me or are too old/young for me ) will contact me and say that I'm attractive or they liked my profile, but never added me to their favorite list.
 Imagine1947
Msg: 168
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/17/2007 6:03:24 PM
I put people on my favorites list even though I'm not ready to date or contact anyone....some I added because I like what they said in a forum, some I added because I think they seem attractive, some because I like their profile for some reason or other...some because I want to be able to find their profile again in case I ever do want to contact them in the future.
 orchidtigress
Msg: 174
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/24/2007 8:49:28 PM
Yep- think they are going on lots of other dates before contacting me to perfect their technique...of course that may be my ego talking....lol
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >