Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Favorites List?????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 deadgirllivin9368
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Favorites List?????Page 5 of 46    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Exactly, I have over 100 people on my favorites and maybe talked to 5. What really is the point? Looks bad for the person like me to have that many guys, it's a turn off for other men reading your profile and then making some smart ass comment about how many people have you on their list. I guess they don't realize, YOU are on THEIR list, They are not on YOURS. Well anyway, no control over people who find something about you they like and want to show it somehow and hide behind a pic, never speak up and at least say hello.
 Cher-Bear
Msg: 102
Favorites List?????
Posted: 1/1/2007 8:12:25 PM
I'm not sure about the favorite lists....for the life of me I can't figure out why someone would add me to their favorite lists and not even bother talking to me......doesn't make sense and every now and then, I will go through it and delete myself from others lists....if they don't contact me.....
 tranehopper
Msg: 103
Favorites List?????
Posted: 1/1/2007 8:18:01 PM
100 to 400 ? Ive seen those. Go check out the hottest 500 people on this site. I think its all an ego trip. This #1 person has to go to a dating site to find a guy. Have you seen this person. Just looking for friends ,yea right. Like they would have time for 389 friends. Check out the screen name. It says it all. JMO Nothing personal.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 104
Favorites List?????
Posted: 1/1/2007 8:40:00 PM
jesusmaryandjoesph

I am on over 100 lists....and I talk to ALL of the people who put me on their list.....if they don't correspond with me, I delete myself.

I go to a lot of events and I post alot as well so I have interacted with hundreds and hundreds of people. Apx 85% of people who put me on their lists are other WOMEN...it has nothing to do with "ego" or stroking or a popularity contest.

sheesh
 tranehopper
Msg: 105
Favorites List?????
Posted: 1/1/2007 9:03:01 PM
Are you speaking for yourself or everybody. How do you do people are not on here looking for popularity.350 plus people. Im sure they have mailed people at least once. But to keep in touch with that many people . B.S. nice edit vt sheesh to you too
 SinnamonTears
Msg: 106
Favorites List?????
Posted: 1/1/2007 9:09:31 PM
I agree...they should name it something else lol. I just remove myself from their lists if they dont make contact..or if after making contact it doesnt pan out...matter afact....mine should be at zero agian lol....guess I don't appear to be too popular ....oh well...
 lauire
Msg: 107
Favorites List?????
Posted: 1/1/2007 9:16:34 PM
if you are on mine i might not have said anything but im thinkin you can read my mind and know you are interesting to me and click a hi-ya to me....mmmmm....i wonder about the sanity of that now that i see it in black and white.......:LAUGHLAUGHsmilelaurie
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
 musicnut46
Msg: 108
Favorites List?????
Posted: 1/1/2007 9:45:51 PM
exactly...that's a song title"you had from hello" Maybe at least make a "e-friend",perhaps decide to "meet" and maybe even "click" and who knows THe wonders of E-Getting to know someone Chill-out People Just have some fun getting to know someone as well as you both might please
 lauire
Msg: 109
Favorites List?????
Posted: 1/1/2007 11:01:21 PM
I bet if a draped a sheet ovvrr rmy curves id look favoriite....sometimes i wish i had more feminine confidence...but i dont....the kind of handsome masculinity that i attract operate directly from the intellectual hip of sexuality for hims he knew the trophy when he aimed****d and fired---BULLZZ'EEYEZzzz ....(eehwwhh got me Daddy)smileHIMS dont want a neon light to announce his approach kills the hunt....we all know that....

*****ohohohust find out i could of said hello as a newbie on a specific thread.......and got a warm welcome....i woulda like that alot i learn lots here...but now i dont want to re-arrange my page...take care and i watch you guidelines...i am always open to pullups.....smile
 musicnut46
Msg: 110
Favorites List?????
Posted: 1/7/2007 4:38:13 PM
So e-dating is a sport,is it,go-out and play,might get into a shoot-out I bet if wasn't "single" I wouldn't be on herePerhaps a whole new dating site"limited entryhungingofanimals" just a way for some people to "break the ice" with people they never could to inperson Life be a journey of constant discoveryI'm alway open to dancing
 BSGRL
Msg: 111
Favorites List?????
Posted: 3/4/2007 9:09:34 AM
How stupid do you guys think women are? Favorites list ... I don't know what your talking about ... OMG!!!!!!!!!!
 ForneyRider
Msg: 112
Favorites List?????
Posted: 3/4/2007 9:28:10 AM
I thought we were supposed to use it for Fantasy Powder Puff Football league.

Dammit.
 BSGRL
Msg: 113
Favorites List?????
Posted: 3/4/2007 10:20:27 AM
crap....I knew it was for somthing....gezzzzzzzz^^^^^^ I keep the numbers low.. damn it back up with the boob picture... have to build up my numbers again!!!!!!!
 tickle124
Msg: 114
Favorites List?????
Posted: 3/4/2007 7:34:35 PM
yes I get them...I appear on 63 men's fav list....havent heard from all 63 tho...which is fine I guess LOL
 celebrityeyes
Msg: 115
Favorites List?????
Posted: 3/4/2007 7:45:11 PM
I think the Favourite's List is one of the negative things I personally found with this site. People put alot of emphasis and talk in it. I wish administration would give us the option whether or not we want others to see how many people are on the list. I think the information should be personal. I have rewrote my profile just to put in a paragraph telling people not to add me to their list. Personally I could care less whether people add me/delete me, or their reasons why, but I received enough hate mail because of it, that I had to start my own recycling plant!
 daria123
Msg: 116
Favorites List?????
Posted: 3/5/2007 11:42:32 AM
some people use the favorite feature to mark profiles they would like to go back to at the later time
 musicnut46
Msg: 117
Favorites List?????
Posted: 3/5/2007 2:07:02 PM
If you don't understand the purpose of features,why put-up a profile? Be careful what you wish for. It be a tool,some people don't know how to use tools. Make a list,check it to see if it gets youn viewed,see if you can e-mail them. If not,block 'em. I personaly get curious when out of towners add me. Be nice to know why you get added. The site keeps getting better,use it peeps.
 ProgrockVentureman
Msg: 118
Favorites List?????
Posted: 3/5/2007 7:11:52 PM
I find no gain/profit to my dating experience whatsoever with this "favorite lists" feature. Does not make a bit of difference.
 tchriffic
Msg: 119
Favorites List?????
Posted: 3/5/2007 7:43:12 PM
Yeah, I am on like 13 favorites list of guys and I have only ever talked to one of them. So crazy!!!
 .tiamat.
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 3/5/2007 7:52:02 PM
Whoever made the wish list comment, I second that. Occasionally I'll do a search, and you know how it is, you can't stop at just one! When I send out a contact email, I like to put a bit of thought into it, so I save the ones I find interesting for later... in the hope that eventually I'll get around to contacting them. Sooner or later I'll revisit their profile and think, why did I add this person? Then they come off. I do get around to contacting everyone sooner or later, just sometimes it's much later. In the meantime, they can feel free to take it as a hint that I found them interesting on some level, and contact me if they wish. I've only ever had that happen once though. It's odd you know, I always figured that adding someone to your favourites list was the online equivalent of giving someone a come-hither look from across the bar. Apparently not.

Then of course there are the ones I've added because I enjoy following their forum posts (it's NOTHING like stalking, I swear!)

As for the ones that add me, it's not like the number is large or intimidating. I used to delete people, but lately I don't even bother, I just let 'em pile up. Some of them are 'forum friends', some of them I have no idea what was in their mind when they added me. Probably best I don't know.
 crc2007
Msg: 121
Favorites List?????
Posted: 3/5/2007 7:57:42 PM
not true nick....I think you are nice looking..colleenrae...make me your favourite
 mizbex
Msg: 122
Favorites list of a woman
Posted: 3/10/2007 5:09:36 AM
Most of the men on my favorites list have contacted me, with really nice emails. There have been a few who have contacted me with something sexual in nature or what I find even more offensive some sort of dead animal/dead dog story, I promptly remove myself from those individuals lists. And there are a few women who have added me to their favorites lists, which I find very flattering because they are witty and wise women themselves and they are on my favorites list too. I don't really care if you add me to your favorites list and never contact me it's your list do what you what you will with it, just keep your mean animal stories to yourself.
 Dj48060
Msg: 123
Posted: 3/11/2007 5:43:19 PM
After reading your post,,,the first thing that caught my attention was your so fixed on your favorites list,,,to fixed,,like you like to get some satifaction over how many you have,,,myself,,I delete all after first contact as they are not a staistic,,to me those that make contact are human beings,,,hearts seeking emotions,,,,yes even sharing a pain of the heart when they lost a dog,,,,romance,,yes,,I have recieved so very personal ones,,yet some people just being human or not understanding the beauty of sensuality or sexuality,,,just do not know how to express themselves with class or as YOU DEMAND,,,I do know I would be embarressed to be on your LIST,,,,at the same time I would feel cheap by being on anyones list,,,out of respect,,,contact can be made,,,you learn about them as indivuals,,not opther profiles they can use to say the things you want to hear,,, you set yourself up to be anothers small fish,,,eaten by a bigger fish,,,,,,
 Cynderella
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2007 10:19:15 PM

Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I use my "favorites" as more of a "wish list".

I with you on this one
 kissxoxo84
Msg: 125
Favorites List?????
Posted: 3/11/2007 11:57:48 PM
I get the same thing, and if I'm at all interested I will also add them to my favorites so they will know that I am interested and STILL won't get a message from them...I'll never understand men
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Favorites List?????