Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fancynanci
Msg: 453
view profile
History
Favorites List?????Page 7 of 46    (6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46)
I'm on 260 favorite lists, yet none of them want to date. Is this a dating site or a popularity contest???
 sunnychic78
Msg: 455
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/19/2008 8:27:58 PM
I usually put guys on my favorites list for one of a couple of reasons.... 1. they're attractive and I want to read their full profile when I have time, 2. I like what they have to say and want to message them but don't have time to, 3. they've added me and I want to check out their profiles at my leisure. or 4. I can't decide whether or not I want to contact them, so I save em and go back and look at them later.
 Sunshine-99
Msg: 460
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/20/2008 7:42:23 AM
I think the Favorite List is a good feature on this site.

- TO me, being on someone's favorite list is a huge complement. However, I probably live a good 70-100 miles from some of them.
 Sunshine-99
Msg: 463
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/20/2008 8:58:14 AM
Testimonials - cheesy, tacky, dumb!.

It's usually someone's friends confirming that he or she is a great person. Of course everyone's friends think they are wonderful. Testimonials usually have no bearing on a person's dating potential or anything for that matter.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 466
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/20/2008 12:00:41 PM
~OT~ I don't believe it means jack. I spent 5 hours deleting favs about 6 months ago ~ from 450+++ to about 50. I hid my profile for 5 months and it's climbing again. I don't get much new mail, but that silly list creeps up and up. My list (that I generate) has 43 people on it. 6 men, the rest women. That's the ONLY list I care about. JMO
 Bornnsyn
Msg: 467
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/20/2008 12:31:20 PM
the favs list is kind of like the who viewed me list, they look over and over never email or anything I don't understand it. its more like whose stalking me, I emailed a guy once he never responded. then one guy i told him to stop looking week after week if he isn't going to email or chat with me.
 itsjustme328
Msg: 468
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/20/2008 2:12:11 PM
Hard to believe this thread has gone on for nearly 3 years and 24 pages!! Geez!! LOL

I, too, have had men add me to their faves list without contacting me or responding to my attempts at contact. I find it peculiar, but I'm not losing sleep over it. I think it's flattering to be added for the most part. I normally send an email to the guy once he's added me to just to let him know I noticed. I use the note section to jot some reminders to myself about the guy (i.e. name, specific things he shared about himself, things we have in common, etc.).

Sapphireeyes
Msg: 469
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/20/2008 2:19:23 PM
I really hate the favorite's list...I have deleted mine down about four times in less than 4 months to the men who have made contact with me, or me with them and if after a while there is no communication I dont see the need to keep them on ...what are you a trophy????
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 470
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/20/2008 2:33:10 PM

I have a few in my favorites but i talk to them. These with 100, 200, 300, on up is just plain ridiculous and a huge turn off. When i see one with over 15 or 20 favorites i just keep going. The first thing i think is they are collecting trophy's.
Geeze; you have 3 in your favourites that you "talk" to.. Anybody interested in being his 4th.... what's that about?.. Two on the front burner... Two on the Back?

See.. assumptions can go either way.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 471
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/20/2008 3:05:59 PM
It's there to use as anyone sees fit. Someone that's JUST here to date, well maybe they use it differently than someone just here for friends and/or forums.

Use it or not the way that works best for you, it's the assumptions as wishes said that is the rub. Do any of you truly think that everyone thinks and acts just like YOU do? I don't personally know anyone that's that self-important.
 DLo!
Msg: 472
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/20/2008 3:16:01 PM
ha.... I'll admit to adding people to my favs and never contact them because at the time I'm just browsing and I mean to write them later and I forget.... So, I guess just take it as a compliment that someone thought you were "cute" then hit "delete"....at least give me a few days to write...I gotta think of some clever shit to say and get over my nerves and jitters just thinking someone so gorgeous will be reading what I have to write... I'm nervous already..
Xo~D'Lo!
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 474
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/20/2008 3:51:39 PM
Msg 576:
lilmslefty...... I just came back over here and looked at this thread again. I have added you to my list. Feel free to do so yourself. Thanks for the compliment and the kind words
Msg 587:
Favorites list is just another way to play with some peoples emotions. Favorites list should be done away with. You are either interested or your not.
So, fellow poster.. are you saying it's okay for you to have a friend add you and you add them.. but everyone else with a larger amount of friends .. is playing with peoples emotions? Talk about Contradictions and Assumptions Msg 603:
Use it or not the way that works best for you, it's the assumptions as wishes said that is the rub.
Thanks I'd add you to my favorites.. but yur already there *winks*
 bucsgirl
Msg: 476
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/20/2008 4:08:04 PM

I have a few in my favorites but i talk to them. These with 100, 200, 300, on up is just plain ridiculous and a huge turn off.

Ridiculous, well I suppose then that you also call everyone in your personal phone/address book every day, and email everyone in your contacts list constantly. That's what I'd call ridiculous. I don't have to talk to my friends all the time for them to know they ARE my friends. Maybe yours are a little more needy and require a lot of attention.
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 477
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/20/2008 4:21:46 PM
People really care about this? People are so strange. :P
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 483
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/20/2008 11:56:13 PM

There has to be a reason for a person to have 100, 200,300 400 people on there list that a person doesn't know, they don't speak to and never cull them out. Sounds like ego to me.

I do not have even 100 but I do not delete because it does not bother me. Even one click to delete is more effort than I want against something that has no effect for me.
 SpiritGael1
Msg: 486
Yeah, I get it.
Posted: 6/21/2008 1:03:31 AM
It's 2 or 3 a.m. and I've been online too long to communicate coherently any longer , so I put the pretty lady in my favorites file in order to contact her later. Personally , I have genital herpes and am upfront about it; I get worn down by women flamin' on me for contacting them ( esp. when they claim to be looking for "friends"). If they want to talk, they can respond to my placing them in my favorites. It happens.
 SpiritGael1
Msg: 487
Yeah, I get it- I think ....
Posted: 6/21/2008 1:06:44 AM
Doesn't your profile show the number of people who have YOU on THEIR favorites list ?
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 488
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/21/2008 1:08:46 AM

I think your profile said you have 96. All i can tell you is there is a lot of guys that will not take you serious with a large number of favorites. Read around the forums. Find out for yourself.

If someone does not like me or take me serious because of something so trivial, I am very glad to not talk to that person, we would not very compatible. This makes everybody happy. :)
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 491
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/21/2008 6:55:26 AM

There has to be a reason for a person to have 100, 200,300 400 people on there list that a person doesn't know, they don't speak to and never cull them out. Sounds like ego to me.
Perhaps You didn't read far enough back either, Sport cause there are several Very Good Reasons why someone may have more than "6" people who have favored them.
Personally.. I answer every email sent to me.. I've never gotten a rude comeback to a decline.. perhaps it's because of my gentle nature and sense of humour.

Anyone who passes anyone by due to a number at the bottom of their profile doesn't have enough confidence in themselves for me to find them attractive anyway.. so you, and anyone else like you, are doing me a huge favour. Thanks! Good luck in talking to your "6" dames of interest... cause with your thinking and ridgid views... right now everyone of them are competing with each other for your sincere interest... good luck to you "6" may the best gal win
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 497
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/21/2008 12:20:02 PM
You want respect, but judge people so quickly because of small things. Having a bad opinion of someone only because of a number on thier profile is not treating that person like a human being.
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 499
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/21/2008 2:24:04 PM
I am confused. lol
You are thinking people add you to their favourite list to boost thier ego? Why would that be a trophy (not personel to you)? I understand a misconseption of the number of people who have favourited a girl is a trophy for the girl. A large number boost her ego. But I do not understand how the person who adds is boosting thier ego.

I have been added to more favorites list than i can count at one time or the other. Everyone of them have had favorites list of 200 and up.

How can you see someone else favourites list?

Anyways, my point is the same. You judge somebody because of a number on thier profile. That is equaley wrong as somebody being rude and not replying, in my opinion.
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 501
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/21/2008 5:35:04 PM
I decline emails from POF. But that is different than my question.

I ask how you can see how many people someone has favourited. I do not mean the number on thier profile, which is how many other people have added that person. How do you know a person has added 200 people to their favourites?

Edit: Thank you Bucsgirl vvvv
 bucsgirl
Msg: 502
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/21/2008 5:39:24 PM
You only have access to your two favorites lists...the member you added (the number doesn't appear on your profile) and those who've added you (the number that shows).

I can scroll through both, and for those who've added me, it's limited. I can only "see" a limited number. I read it on help/suggestions, go there to the FAQs I can't remember the "correct" answer so I wouldn't want to post something that's incorrect.

I guess if it meant a lot, I'd remember or have dug into the details more. I do scan the help/suggestions so just happened to read that thread. Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away....help me, Obi Wan...
 Toymaker61
Msg: 504
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/22/2008 6:18:01 AM
I usually contact the people I have put on my favorites list. I find it easier to have all the profiles in one place.

It has been my experience that sometimes, a woman will put me on her list as an enticement to contact her. Sometimes I will and sometimes I won't. Just depends on the situation. But yes, I do agree that if you put someone on your favorite's list you should send them an email.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 508
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/22/2008 9:03:34 PM
quote] 300 men have added this woman to there favorites
Eddie, your tripping over your OWN assumptions. You have no idea who's on my favs list, or the male/female ratio. You carry on your assumption
"Look at all these men i have just standing in line waiting for me to speak to them"
Umm...yeah right. I have replied and responded to any email that isn't blatantly offensive. Been only a handful vs..thousands...been here a while so do the math.
Sheesh, yes, I do write different profiles and post them, have done that since '05. I write profiles that make ma laugh. I'm not "looking" never have been...met a few..dated very few. But made a lot of great friends...people I've known for years. They write, they call, ..only men? Yes, men and women. It's always fabulous, we have such great times.
I will never delete any of the men or women that save me to favs...I talk to them, not every day not every one. But we have talked and made contact...we've gotten to know each other beyond the profile.
So yeah...all my favs..I'll have to check...it's all men...and they all lined up and pounding on m door. Just looked..turned on the porch ligtht...there are no lines.
Honestly if you DID have women lined up around the block...would that make you feel better? I'll just ask, you post a LOT to this thread...how many women have saved you to favs just because of this thread. From what you posted...I'm asuume.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >