Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 509
Favorites List?????Page 8 of 46    (6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46)
Eddie,
You say one thing. (people get ego boost from adding other)
A person ask about it. (msg 633, msg 642)
You reply by explaining totally different thing. (the people being added have ego boost)
Sorry, it is very confusing. :P

lol at the rest. No offence, it is just silly. People adding someone to favourites are usualy not waiting nervously for the person to talk to them. So who are these favoured people who are thinking that? People can be crazy but I can not agree that many people with a big number is thinking that.

I would not see you on 35 different favourite lists because I cannot see anyone else's list (only the number). Your "secret" would be safe. :)

I believe if a woman does not reply to you it is not because of a number on her profile. You were not her type maybe. Is that not a possibility?

Anyways I repeat what I say before. Altho I have not been favourited 700 times like your example. If someone judged me or was turned off because of a number on my profile, I would be happy. I do not want that insecure person in my life (not even my inbox). .

motownmaniax
Msg: 510
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/23/2008 4:07:59 AM
I sometimes write a woman that has had me on her list for a long time, but never communicated, and say hello, hope everything's going well, how's the kids?....treat her like we've been corresponding the whole time.

I usually get this puzzled, tentative reply back saying, "Uh, do I know you?". I always feel like responding, "Well, you thought me important enough to put on your favs list at one time, so you should at least know my profile?"

MaccaFan
Msg: 515
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/24/2008 9:32:20 AM
I'm not sure I get the whole "favorites" list....
What does it mean?

Does it mean you like my profile? Then why not say something to me?
Does it mean you're kinda interested and saving my profile, in case you want to contact me at another time?
Does it mean you just want a collection of pictures to look at? (This one worries me)
Does it mean you want me to contact you? (Unless I REALLY am interested, this isn't going to happen)

Just another mystery of life, I guess.

Another question~what's up with the car question?? I haven't figured that one out yet, either.......
Maybe I'm not cut out for this POF thing.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 517
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/24/2008 9:53:45 AM

Another question~what's up with the car question?? I haven't figured that one out yet, either.......

That's easy,, some woman won't date a man who doesn't have a car,, but they forget so many men live in big cities,, where they don't need a car..

OT, as for the fav list,, let people do what they want,, I used to think differently,, but not any more..
 GrinOnLI
Msg: 520
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/24/2008 10:44:43 AM
Actually, I have people on my favorites list that I will probably never contact. They are men whose answers here in the forums have captured my attention, and their profiles would have garnered a response from me IF they lived in my state.

~Grin
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 522
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/24/2008 10:54:10 AM
Is not always a good idea. Not all people check who had favourited them. I don't even look at my profile unless to change a picture. :)
 bucsgirl
Msg: 527
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/25/2008 4:04:36 PM
Well, Eddie I gues you can read what I wrote and take it however you care to.

I don't recall arguing per se just sharing my own experiences. That's the thing really, everyone has a little bit different experience with the favs list, the site and the people they interact with here. I don't expect everyone to have the same as mine or think or act the way I do or vice versa. Like life, it's what you make of it.
 TxSippiGal
Msg: 528
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/25/2008 6:23:37 PM
I use favorties list to remind me of people who I find attractive who I don't want to forget about... I don't like having to go through hundreds of profiles to find a guy I liked.. way back when..

Sometimes I put my friends on it too so I can keep up with them.. if they haven't been on for a while I will send them a note and check on them.
 fancynanci
Msg: 540
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/27/2008 10:58:37 AM
the favorite list thing is a joke. I'm on 282 mens' favorite lists - and have no date this weekend
 jenni236dd
Msg: 548
Favorites List?????
Posted: 6/29/2008 12:09:48 PM
I THINK POF ADMIN SHOULD UPDATE THIS DATING SITE AS TO ASK MEMBERS IN A MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS FORMAT WHY THEY WANT TO ADD SOMEONE AS A FAVORITE, THAT WAY EACH PART CAN HAVE AN IDEA AS TO WHY THEY ARE ON SOMEONE'S FAVORITE LIST. HERE'S AN EXAMPLE OF SUCH MULTIPLE QUESTIONS TO BE ASKED BEFORE POF ALLOWS ADDING A MEMBER TO ANYON'E FARORITE LIST:
I AM ADDING YOU ON MY FAVORITE LIST BECAUSE:
(A) I WOULD LIKE TO CONACT YOU AT LATER DATE
(B) I AM TOO SHY TO MAKE THE FIRST MOVE
(C) I AM IN A RELATIONSHIP NOW BUT IT WILL SOON END
ETC,ETC
 Boricua Papi
Msg: 557
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/6/2008 12:07:04 PM
In other words do not be discouraged to contact someone just because this someone is on 500 other someones' favorite list! I have contacted cute women that are on hundreds of people's favorite list, and guess what? They contacted me back and we have even met!
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 560
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/6/2008 10:44:27 PM
I respect that people are different and have other feeling, but I still do not have an idea why it would bother anybody to be added. If they talk, good. If they do not, who care, is not my problem. Is far too much careing about a thing does not affect anything, really.
 splashes
Msg: 561
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/6/2008 10:52:51 PM
sometimes I favorite people because I unable to email them because I'm not within their emailing parametres but I would like them to know that I am interested.
 Boricua Papi
Msg: 562
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/7/2008 11:04:20 AM
Adding people to your Favorites Lists without even contacting them sounds more like full stalker mode than anything else. The person added does not has to contact the person who added her/him. If you did it, respond like a mature person and explain why you did it!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 563
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/7/2008 11:27:32 AM
All I can say is, thank the good Lord that this is a 2 year old thread, and not yet another "favorites debate!"

Here is the deal...some people...especially those who are more here for the forums...fave someone who's post they like to follow.

Some people fave someone cause they liked their pic and want to come back to the profile when they have time to check them out additionally...read the profile and their forums, etc.

Some people fave others just because they are too shy...and they think of it as making the first move.

So if you are someone who thinks it is so *gasp* weird to be on someone's fave list who has not attempted to contact you...CONTACT THEM! ;)

People on my faves list are there for one or more of three reasons...I either like their forum posts (they are prolly a smart ass or debate well!)...I met them at a POF event and like to, as a hostess, keep notes on what they may have done or offered to help...or I already know them.
 fancynanci
Msg: 567
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/8/2008 11:12:47 AM
What's funny is being on 280 mens' favorite list and having no date this weekend.
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 570
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/11/2008 11:39:22 PM
Eddie, everybody know people who add you should reply when you mail them. You are spend too much time repeating same point many time inside same post and argueing with nobody. Everybody got it. :)
 bucsgirl
Msg: 572
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/12/2008 1:22:08 AM
"now if roses have been sent by the other person elsewhere then i dont bother emailing as they have designs on someone else and would be a waste of time."

So close.....I don't pay attention to how many roses someone has. If you're so fixated on a site feature, then well...

If I kept track, I've mostly likely sent as many or more to my lady friends here, or to give someone a smile or to cheer them up.

But then I'm the odd duck, no worries. I don't "worry about" or consider who has designs on anyone else by the roses they have on their profile.

If it puts a smile on someone's face or makes them feel good or encouraged, then why not? If I had to feel like I needed a rose to send to get a man to write back to ensure that I wasn't having designs on anyone else....cold day in Hades.

I don't consider interaction with another human being a waste of time, it's all an investment, but it does depend on your perspective. Apparently, mine's different.
 komodo
Msg: 577
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/16/2008 7:30:31 PM
Some people just use the favorites list as a "Bookmark"
 L80nw8ng
Msg: 578
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/16/2008 7:49:07 PM
If I like someones profile, I will add them with the intention of contacting later when I have more time. Sometimes that doesnt happen- I get busy or they fall thru the cracks. Its my "wink and a smile" that shows I'm interested.

When someone adds me.. I often will thank them...

Why dont you try that.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 580
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/19/2008 9:31:03 AM
I favorited someone so I can see when they are online and stalk the hell out of them!

NOT!

Seriously though...I recently faved someone who is from my parts...but moved. Total hottie with a great head and heart, it seems. But too long distance for me! However...if he moves back here...or visits... ;)

Edit to add: And sometimes I wish we had a "Sh1t List" option available, as well! I know we can block someone from emailing...but what if you just wanna tag some idiot as a sh1t, from what they post in the forums, or something?? LMAO
 Mickey_2007
Msg: 585
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/19/2008 5:43:44 PM
I don't even speak to 98% of the guy that added me to their favorite list but i mean they must have a reason why they choose to add me right lol.
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 589
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/21/2008 4:22:57 AM
^^^ Or some don't bother to look at the number or do not care to erase them only because of the opinion of other.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 592
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/21/2008 1:42:08 PM
The only list I look at is the one I generate (80% women, the other are men that I actually do communicate with from time to time.) The other list? I don't know who's there or who isn't because I learned long ago, it means absolutely nothing.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >