Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 600
Favorites List?????Page 9 of 46    (6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46)
A disagree would not put some one on list. The troll who try to "expose the truth" of women will probably.
 mummyd
Msg: 601
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/23/2008 6:00:45 AM
ive added to my favourites list twice cause it was the only way to say hi as they had so many limitations as to who could contact them.
 tim549
Msg: 603
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/23/2008 1:05:16 PM
Haven't or dont look at Favorites on profiles as seems to be just a popularity thing.
Usually favorites to me are people youve contacted and want to keep in contact with.

Seems hard enough to get replys most of time anyway when u email.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 605
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/23/2008 4:33:47 PM

I swear I am going to really write an "Online Dating For Dummies" book. (smile)

Online Dating for Dummies (Paperback) by Judy Silverstein (Author), Michael Lasky (Author) seems someone beat you to it.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 608
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/23/2008 5:19:20 PM
"I read as much as I could but thats NOT what I got out of it at all?"

Me either, but people tend to see what they want to. Any predetermined mindset of how people should behave is a projection of that own person's standards of behavior on other people. That to me, is uncool.

Just as many that gripe don't give a wingding, those that gripe tend to be more verbal.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 610
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/23/2008 8:11:42 PM
"I'll bet your one of those gals that go check snopes.com for every email?"

Heard about the website, never gone there. I do go to bookstores, no worries, you don't me I don't know you. I was joking too, should have put a smilie, sorry you took it the wrong way.

I bet many could write something funnier!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 611
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/23/2008 8:21:37 PM
DirtyDeeds....actually...I kinda sorta already have a sh1tlist! ;) Though it is a mental one! ;)

Actually...I agree with the poster who said it would never work...people would use it every second that someone disagreed in a forum, did not reply to an email, or...faved them but did not say hello! ;)

However...making our "sh1tlists" not visible...just for own convenience...and not having to go as far as "blocking" someone...would be priceless! It could be done the same way as the faves, with a "notes" option! ;) Just for each of US to view!

Regarding faves lists...I think it would be far more telling, and far more interesting, to see how many faves someone has on their list, instead of how many faved them! ;) After all...I would think dude with 669 faves speaks volumes, compared to being ON 669! I usually have no clue as to who faved me, unless they write and tell me...and I would NEVER delete myself from someone's list...what's it hurting?
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 613
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/23/2008 8:38:37 PM

Why add someone if your not going to speak?

OMGawd...how many times does it need to be said...let me count thy ways!

Here are the main reasons I am on the faves list that I am....they like to follow my forum posts...they know I host POF events and can refer to my profile easily to see such...they think I am hawt **lol...hey, a girl can dream!**...we have met in person, usually at a POF event...we are realllly friends, versus the imaginary sort!
 blueangel1023
Msg: 615
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/23/2008 9:58:58 PM
I don't think anyone on my fav's list ever contacted me...The more I delete, the more people who keep adding me back! Ahhh, it's the neverending cycle! I feel like part of the garbage pail kids collection
 Angelnurse10
Msg: 623
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/27/2008 8:30:35 AM
I get put on favorites list daily, but these people never contact me. I always wondered about that to.
 CourtandSparkler
Msg: 625
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/28/2008 6:52:15 AM
I think it is flattering. An icebreaker so to speak.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 626
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/28/2008 7:13:47 AM
Cowboy

Contact her !!! She didn't just view your profile and go Ewwww! She added you to her favs so you intrigue her. Write her right now and tell her thank you and tell her that you also liked her profile. Go add her to your favs also first.

Your right,, but when you write your book,, suggest to women,, if they are going to add you to their fav. list,, they should remove some of their restrictions,, so men can contact them,, such as,, distance,, age,, etc,, ....... so really what was their point in them adding us men,, when we can't contact them, or if they voted on a picture,, their restrictions,, really does stop a lot of communication,, just a thought,, for your book...
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 630
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/28/2008 11:13:57 AM
^^^What a sad loss! People are favorited for a bevy of reasons, and some of us just do not see a need to delete such, and be a b1tch!

90% of peeps who faved me...are from the forums. Most common reason when you see someone with multiple faves. Next time you see a high number...look at their forums history! ;)

Gawd...I feel like an echo!
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 636
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/29/2008 7:02:14 PM

I have to admit..that if I find someone intersting that I would like to meet I do look at the favorites count ....and if they have more than say 5 I don't even bother. Some folks on here that I have seen have more than 50 counts. To me that meant that they are more interested in the flavor of the week and not a LTR.

I do not understand. How does the number of people favourite me say anything about me? Can you explain more?
 rdcnorm
Msg: 637
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/29/2008 7:19:41 PM
Alexy

I do not understand. How does the number of people favourite me say anything about me? Can you explain more?

I agree with you,, there are 125+ women who put me on there fav list.. they added me, I didn't add them,,,

so for the poser who said this,,

I have to admit..that if I find someone intersting that I would like to meet I do look at the favorites count ....and if they have more than say 5 I don't even bother. Some folks on here that I have seen have more than 50 counts. To me that meant that they are more interested in the flavor of the week and not a LTR.

please explain,, how you can form your opinion,,
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 641
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/30/2008 6:15:29 AM

A lot of women like Angelnurse10 have limits on their profiles that prevent someone from contacting them to say they are interested. I've found that by putting someone on my favorites list when I can't contact them otherwise, it opens the door for them to think "hey, even though this guy doesn't meet XYZ that I might be interested in letting him talk to me"!!! And it's worked a number of times, actually. I've even had women say they didn't realize that putting those limits there would prevent someone from writing to them... duh....

This is brilliant, Rebel!!

Congratulations, CaughtInaHook! :)
 Fun_Jess
Msg: 642
Favorites List?????
Posted: 7/30/2008 6:20:44 AM
lol yeah I have alot of people on mine and I have not even met anyone on here yet, and I don't think half have even messaged me.........maybe they are getting around to it eventually lol
 Ignoble
Msg: 650
view profile
History
Favorites List?????
Posted: 8/3/2008 9:46:13 PM
Ya I do. Maybe they just like my posting, that's what I usually figure.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 655
Favorites List?????
Posted: 8/5/2008 6:32:54 AM
beadonna
I have a couple guys who fav me,, one follows my forums ,, the other every now and then we send an email, our common ground is,, we are both widowed,, he is newly widowed,, so I try and help him through it,, it's just like having male friends in real life,,
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 657
Favorites List?????
Posted: 8/5/2008 6:58:54 AM

ok, so what about when someone of the SAME SEX adds you to their faves, and when you look at their profile there seems to be no indication that they are homosexual?
confused by this one, as it just happened to me.....got added as a fave by a female who lives very far away?? and just to clarify, i am clear that i am looking for a male :-)

1. She reads your posts in the forums and likes what you say...follows such for her giggle or fix of the day?? I personally have a handful of people who's posts I KNOW I am guaranteed a giggle outta...LaughingLibra, HardCandy, Kyn, PackageDeal, FatBottomGirlie, and more! I fave them...then I can go straight to their posts. :)

2. She thinks you might be perfect for her brother, friend, father, ex?! LOL In faving you...she may pass your profile on to one of them?

3. She just LIKED your profile for some reason....maybe in a mentorship sort of way, maybe you caused a giggle, or whatever?
 Fantome Slashwrist
Msg: 660
Favorites List?????
Posted: 9/30/2008 12:54:16 PM
I go to message a woman and am blocked by a zillion restrictions, so I add myself her already tons of favorites in hoping that I seem pathetic enough to be contacted by her through the haze and mirk of it all...

never happens, contacted I mean...
 Westlin
Msg: 661
Favorites List?????
Posted: 9/30/2008 7:15:58 PM
At one time I was on maybe 20 guy's favorites list. I kind of thought it was pretty cool at first--until I just kept being added to their lists without ever hearing anything from them! Only about 3 of them had ever emailed me or anything so I deleted the ones I really didn't know--who knows, maybe I wouldn't want to be on their favorites list if I had known them!
 Sweet J-me Baby
Msg: 670
Favorites List?????
Posted: 10/3/2008 6:31:38 AM
I know I have posted someplace in this thread, but have no clue as to which page my posting is on...I opened an email just this morning from a man who liked my profile, thought we had a few things in common, but was turned off by the number of 'faves on my list'. He wished me luck in my search and that was the end of it.

Soooooooo, I sent him an email back that the number at the bottom of my page is the number of lists I am on and not the number on my list. Nobody knows that number but me and to me, it is the ones on MY fave's list that matter.

I also explained (even though I did not feel I owed him an explanation) that the people who add me may be friends, folks who track my posts in the forums or who have added me, but have never bothered to say hello.

So, I figure if he is going to make a false assumption based on a silly number at the bottom of my profile, then it is his loss.

rdcnorm
Msg: 673
Favorites List?????
Posted: 10/3/2008 6:54:48 AM

Soooooooo, I sent him an email back that the number at the bottom of my page is the number of lists I am on and not the number on my list. Nobody knows that number but me and to me, it is the ones on MY fave's list that matter.

I also explained (even though I did not feel I owed him an explanation) that the people who add me may be friends, folks who track my posts in the forums or who have added me, but have never bothered to say hello.

So, I figure if he is going to make a false assumption based on a silly number at the bottom of my profile, then it is his loss.

I agree completely,, that happens to me often,,and I say the same thing,,
Some woman suggest I'm a player and have a harem,, and they don't even know me,,

That holds true to this as well,, I state I drink often,, I get emails that say,, too bad you drink so much, I think we would have been a good match,, How do they know how much I drink,, often,, does not mean volume of consumption..right..
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 675
Favorites List?????
Posted: 10/3/2008 8:38:00 AM

Actually, its equally hilarious that people will be ADDED TO someone's favorite list, but not drop an e-mail and say "hey, I saw you were interested in me). It goes both ways, and both people are to blame.

First, if someone add me to their favorite, I would never know because I do not check the list. Second, it is he who notice and have interest in me, I have no interest in him at this time because of my first point.

He can gather enough courage to type three sentence to me or he is not interested so much. I do not see this as my fault.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >