Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Walts
Msg: 20
Does she stay or does she go?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
One word:

JADED

Talk to us Saturday morning. Even better, tell your "sister" to give us a story. I'll be hung, but, more than willing to listen to the fairy tale ending/begining. I've been known to be wrong at least once a year. This could be it.

Edit to add: My raised eyebrow probably has something to do with you joining this site not 2 weeks ago, and you are right in the middle of your "sister's" POF "situation".

And add again,

John contacted me three weeks ago.

reminds himself to get one of those new calenders
 femaleconnection
Msg: 23
Does she stay or does she go?
Posted: 11/1/2012 8:07:01 AM
OP, glad you were able to make contact.

Some people here, have seen such train wrecks via the forums that they cannot believe people can be genuine anymore. Sorry you have been bashed in here, it really is a fun place if you ignore posts that are not relevant to your topic.

I love how people are analyzing this and saying your sister is this or that...all because she forgot to ask for contact info before deleting an account online. Yes, I can see the correlation between that 1 act and everything they have posted. NOT!

Hope the meet goes well! If nothing else, she has a date she didnt have before POF and that IS the point of the site after all.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/1/2012 8:43:34 AM

I love how people are analyzing this and saying your sister is this or that...all because she forgot to ask for contact info before deleting an account online.

To be fair, though -- that's a pretty wtf-messup -- not a common "oops". To couple that with having a sister follow up with him, because the sister set her up with POF -- she's not taking it seriously enough. She wasn't taking the date-to-be serious to do that.

Although it may not warrant bashing the gal from head to toe, it does at least show a sloppy/careless attitude that isn't minor, if she had a long chat with the guy, etc. And giving out at least an regular email (yahoo, hotmail, etc) if you were thinking of cancelling the account would be the first thing to come to mind.

She could be a responsible gal in life -- and maybe really just didn't give a ratz-ass about it all, but the sister wants to be matchmaker and is the one who really cares. :)
 OutMind
Msg: 26
Posted: 11/2/2012 7:20:27 AM

As far as the whole giving out our number to strangers...no way. I don't do that either. Got burned once with a stalking caller from someone who never even showed on the date so, I won't do that again.

I understand how you feel about that, but if you and I were talking, this is where I would tell you that I do not meet with anyone that does not provide me a phone number. Period. The only no shows I've ever had were women that felt weird about giving their number.

In this day and age, it's more important to protect your private email than the phone number. If I get a stalker. I press a button on my phone. Blocked.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >