Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 63
Separated vs DivorcedPage 4 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Unfortunaltely, some married men claim they are separated, to try to lure in an unsuspecting woman for sexual purposes only.
They lie & manipulate & say they're separated when they have no intention of moving out or filing for divorce. That is why, to me, being separated means you are married. I've had a married man claim he & his wife are separated, but they live in the same home, he claims is separate bedrooms. Another claimed they are married in name only, & although they share a home & a bed they are separated.
I stay away form anyone who claims they are separated because of my past experiences, to me, separated means you are still married. Your situation is different, as you are actualy separated, & waiting for the final papers.
 Maleman999
Msg: 69
Separated vs Divorced
Posted: 11/13/2012 10:15:58 AM

clearly show that the vast majority of women willing to comment have this separated means leper idea.

I think the main reason women seem so turned off about it is because a lot of women are still dreaming of having a fairy tale wedding, even if they previously had what was considered a fairy tale wedding, which turned into a fairy tale divorce. Most women not only have a biological clock for breeding, they also have a biological clock for getting married. If a woman's clock for getting married is ticking, she's not going to wait for Prince Charming's divorce to be finalized. She is going to look for another Prince Charming who is available for marriage at any point in time.
 love2laugh130
Msg: 71
Separated vs Divorced
Posted: 12/22/2012 11:51:19 AM
Yes, I pay attention to it. I have learned that after a divorce you need some time to discover yourself. I know it gets lonely, but don't rush into a relationship. I will not date anyone that's separated. But that's me; every one is different.
 Debisusanne
Msg: 74
Separated vs Divorced
Posted: 12/22/2012 6:36:01 PM
i dated a separated man once.. he lied lied lied.. he said it was "almost final" .. when it wasnt even filed yet..

liars are liars.. has nothing to do with whether they are separated or divorced.

I dated a divorced man once... he was STILL married/separated AND had a live in girlfriend..

like i said..... liars are liars
 Maleman999
Msg: 76
Separated vs Divorced
Posted: 1/9/2013 3:11:29 PM
I know a woman who has been separated for over 5 years, but can't file for divorce because her husband took off without prior notice and she hasn't had any contact from him and has no idea where he is. Getting a divorce would require contact and signatures from her husband. She has no idea if he's dead or alive or where he could be and has no interest wasting time and money looking for him. She has no interest in ever remarrying, so it's not a problem for her. She never had trouble getting guys contacting her on any dating sites, even though she lists separated as her marital status.
 benita50
Msg: 81
Separated vs Divorced
Posted: 1/13/2013 2:01:06 AM
TALK ABOUT LIVING IN FEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I checked your profile. Engage in BDSM, I see, and Separated,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Bondage, Discipline, Sado- Masochism and who knows what other sexual fetishes??

I Volunteer at a Women's Crisis Center---We've had several girls come in with PTSD,,,,,from ABUSE,,from guys who like to beat them, tie them up, and degrade them, etc, etc,,,,,

Real Man huh,,,,abusing women,,,,,,,Real Tough Guy,,,,,,,,,,you should be in Prison,,,,,I suspect
 14everBlessed2
Msg: 86
Separated vs Divorced
Posted: 1/13/2013 10:24:43 AM
I hesitate to contact a separated person but feel it has to be a case by case basis. My preference is for either the separated or divorced person to have been on their own for at least 2-3 years to avoid the rebound effect but even that isn't always enough time for some people to move on to a new healthy relationship.
 benita50
Msg: 87
Separated vs Divorced
Posted: 1/13/2013 6:00:12 PM
Pits burg vixon
=================================================================================
Google it genius---and see what the American Academy of Psychiatry has to say about it,

You've been a troll on the only other thread I've ever commented on,,,,,You are following me around, trying to harass me. I suspect cause you seem like a very jealous, and insecure person

Not all women are volunteers in sadistic, ,bondage, sado-masochistic sex. Many are manipulated into it,,and come out of the relationship,,,abused, and with PTSD..

Look it up,,,just like the last time you were wrong about something I said. Your ignorance is astounding and hateful in it's origin, I suspect
 benita50
Msg: 88
Separated vs Divorced
Posted: 1/13/2013 6:19:54 PM
Your Brand New Guy

Toilet trained huh

Thanks for proving my point.!!!!!!!!!!!It appears to me that you live to Abuse women,,,especially verbally.

As Evidence by the e-mail you just sent me,,, trying to threaten, intimidate, and degrade me.

I'm curious, if that had anything to do with why your wife left you, or why you guys divorced.
Most divorce proceeding are Public Records. It could be easily looked up.

You also came to a thread I started and tried to degrade me there as well. It seems to be a pastern with you,,at least in my case. Does that turn you on?? Is that part of you BDSM????

Does impotence play any part, in your fetishism?? I had never even heard of you, before you brought you abusiveness to my thread.

Here's some advice---leave me alone, and quit stalking me. There are laws against Cyber Stallking
 benita50
Msg: 90
Separated vs Divorced
Posted: 1/13/2013 8:22:08 PM
You Came to my thread first, and insulted and tried to degrade me,,,,,You owe me an apology!
I just unblock you, in case you are not Man enough to do it in Public.

I also just sent all the info I could amass about you to a Mountie friend I know in Canada. Along with a copy of every comment I could find that you have made on people threads.
He's gonna run a background check on ya. I

My friend is also a Criminal Psychologist. He was worried/alarmed/stunned, after reading many of your comments on threads, and said he would make this background check a priority.

Your barrister can call my lawyer tomorrow if you like. His name is W. Clon
 benita50
Msg: 91
Separated vs Divorced
Posted: 1/13/2013 8:22:55 PM
W, Clonta,,,Morganton, NC-usa
 benita50
Msg: 93
Separated vs Divorced
Posted: 1/14/2013 1:10:11 AM
I have a Dr Friend, and he's a Criminal Psychologist , He thinks you are quite possibly a danger to society.
It's just not a background check to see what you; have been doing the last few years.

It goes back to when you became a legal adult. And he'll get a printout of everything you have been charged with, all complaints against you,,and what you were convicted of. Outstanding warrants, and if you are behind on child support,,any child abuse,,etc,etc
. My guess, is there will be a lot of abuse against Women and children show up. Restraining orders to protect women from your obvious and abusive ways., which you demonstrate here every time you blog.,

The RCMP, most certainly does have the authority to run criminal checks. .
It always cracks me up, when High School drop-outs, trys to insult my IQ,,lmbo

Your word comprehension is obviously very poor. I said, have your lawyer contact my lawyer since you made a threat to sue. My lawyer is also checking the Cyber stalking laws here int he US, and also Canada.

He's one of the best, has dual citizen ship,,and appreciates His name being associated with that fact,

If you have none of theses on your criminal record,,and are not a Registered Sex offender,,you don't have anything to worry about,,,However, everyone I have talked with about you,,the first word that comes up,,,is what a Foll This Guy is, and POF has strict rules about sexual predictors.

Enjoy your blogging,,you may not be able to do much more of it here on this site.
 vestaceres
Msg: 94
Separated vs Divorced
Posted: 1/14/2013 2:42:25 AM
OP, separation is a grievous state of affairs in which you can't automatically convince anybody that you're healed and ready to move forward. Even if you wanted this divorce, you can't escape the natural process of healing from such a relationship that is required before you can move forward to the next relation. This may include some time after your divorce becomes absolute and all lingering issues with children and finances are securely solved.

Let's assume the people you are meeting are truly aware of your situation: it's a superficial arrangement that will dash away as quickly as you were able to ascertain it through this medium. Are you warning these women that what you want is just to meet and maybe enjoy a little NSA intimacy? You'll face declination after declination through this process, until the course has completed and you're truly free to have a serious and enjoyable relation with somebody. It's never a one way street on which you travel when you live your life in parallel to another; they, too, will have a voice in this. Trust me, no self-respecting people with integrity or self-respect will entertain the idea of becoming serious with you, until your life is in order.

As we are aware of your point of view and your expressed need to fill this void in your life with such expediency, please take the opportunity to see it from the point of view of your prospective partner(s) who may want an ever-lasting, serious relation with you, but the interference from your mess may make it difficult for them to make a clear decision or it may create a blockade in their lives which they can't meet a more suitable suitor. Had you considered this, in your search? Please do - it'll make your life easier and you'll not repeat the same mistakes had you made in your previous marriage.

I will also disagree with another poster who assumed that we women don't want to entangle ourselves in a man's marital situation that is not yet dissolved because we want a fairytale wedding, This isn't so. I would not have wanted such a situation, as the grief it would cause for everybody involved.
 benita50
Msg: 97
Separated vs Divorced
Posted: 1/14/2013 10:54:46 AM
Well it came back,,very enlightening. They are running you through US and Interpol now to see if there is more.

My attorney will get back to me when they get through with it all,,, about where I can post them, and in what context. Seems you've been a badddddddddd boy.
 cooldog65
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Separated vs Divorced
Posted: 1/15/2013 3:06:26 AM
^^^^^
Time to cue "The People's Court" theme music.
 OMGyaa
Msg: 113
Separated vs Divorced
Posted: 1/15/2013 3:28:27 PM
Les Miserables is also a movie and it is playing in Brockville.

Btw I like most if not everyone are happy you know people in Brockville.
 benita50
Msg: 115
Separated vs Divorced
Posted: 1/15/2013 9:35:34 PM
YourBrandNewGuy is you are innocent then why did you change your profile? Why did you delete all your pics? You are from Brockville, Ontario. Brockville is a crappy town that are full of haters. LOL Law suit? You are weak dude, I have been on the internet since 97 and I never threatened to sue someone. You sir are an idiot that feeds the trolls, now trolls will come out in full force, do you realize that?

Too late i have copies of your pics and profile info. Maybe i should spread them through out Brockville.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's Most Important would be,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,That The Proper Authorities,,,,,,,,,,,Have Everything They need,,,,,,,

Instead of posting ,,,there is soooo much,,,might have to make a Web Site,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,still waiting on IP

I'm afraid, an apology at this late date, will be totally futile,,,It's mostly out of my hands,,,,,,,You make your bed, gonna have to lay in it

Good Luck,,,life is full of TRIALS,,,,,,,,,,,,,pun intended
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 119
Separated vs Divorced
Posted: 1/16/2013 5:28:55 PM
Divorced=potential for drama

Seperated=great potential for drama
 cooldog65
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Separated vs Divorced
Posted: 1/19/2013 7:25:21 PM
^^^^^
Funny she hasn't been back since you countered her attack and thread hijacking.
 Bella5849
Msg: 133
Separated vs Divorced
Posted: 1/19/2013 9:05:35 PM
Separated means you are still not free. You are still in a legalized marriage. It usually is a deal breaker for most men and women. There is always that potential that you might change your mind. For whatever the reason.
 InActingLive
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Separated vs Divorced
Posted: 1/19/2013 11:18:32 PM
I would date someone who was divorced. I would not date someone who was separated.
Divorced implies some finality to the previous relationship. Separation implies a trial period, a marriage that could still be mended, or a messy legal situation that is not yet resolved.
If you are separated it might be too soon to be moving on. Check with me when you are divorced :-)
 LathaMath
Msg: 139
Separated vs Divorced
Posted: 1/22/2013 8:13:21 PM
You are from Brockville, Ontario. Brockville is a crappy town that are full of haters.
Actually Brockville is a rather nice quiet gentrified town on the St Lawrence River near here, a busy commercial centre back in the days when goods moved by water, now bypassed by railroads and highways, and a favourite of retired civil servants. Where *does* this military person get her ideas?
 justdeb1111
Msg: 142
Separated vs Divorced
Posted: 1/30/2013 10:04:42 PM

Divorced=potential for drama

Seperated=great potential for drama

PoF forums = unlimited potential for drama (Where do you guys get those cool emoticons for "rolling on the floor laughing"?)

I feel so boring for commenting on the original thread, (as in sans Interpol) and I did post early on in here before the, erm, "festivities", but I've started conversing with a separated man on this site and my perspective of the subject has changed.

Every person, regardless of their marital status, has the potential to be decent or a jerk. Separated vs divorced vs single and never married can be nasty people or caring. It has about as much correlation as blue vs green vs brown eyes but that is just my opinion.
 cooldog65
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Separated vs Divorced
Posted: 1/31/2013 1:21:27 AM
(Where do you guys get those cool emoticons for "rolling on the floor laughing"?)

Type "roll" between colons like this :roll:
 justdeb1111
Msg: 145
Separated vs Divorced
Posted: 2/1/2013 5:30:32 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^

I wonder if he felt "single" when he was married too. As I said, legals status doesn't make much diff---there are jerks who are married, divorced or single. Glad you avoided one of them.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >