Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > What age should parents stop showering with their kids?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CoffeeCanuck
Msg: 7
What age should parents stop showering with their kids?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Personally in my opinion a 7 yr. old girl bathing with her father is just sick. Same as a 7 yr old boy bathing with his mother. I'm no prude, but there are certain bounderies one doesnt cross. I see nothing wrong in kids no matter how old being nude around the parent of the same sex, thats normal in my book, but bathing together especially after about age 2, no way.
 techgirl27
Msg: 8
view profile
History
What age should parents stop showering with their kids?
Posted: 10/4/2005 10:20:12 AM
my older son has only ever showered with his dad once or twice.

Since then he does it on his own, or sometimes with his little brother if he can convince him to get in.

Now they shower and bathe on their own and are fine with it as long as an adult is somewhere in the house.
 UrbanMyth
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/14/2005 12:01:19 PM
I think it is a bit old. My daughter is 4 and hasn't seen my 'package' for quite some time. She'll unlock the door sometimes to try to sneak in, but I just tell her I want my privacy. Seven years old sounds a bit too old to me.
 MellyBabez
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/6/2006 11:59:47 AM
^^

I agree, as soon as the kids are at a certain age, as soon as they start to realize that "you" are different than "me", showering together should be stopped.

As soon as they are old enough to bathe by themselves, then they do so.

If your kid is 7, and still showering with you, that is too much.

What nobody has mentioned yet, is that it shouldnt be ok for a father to be in the bathroom, helping the girl bathe herself. That is wrong as well. Especially at 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 years of age...

If it's happening.
 coach771
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/6/2006 9:46:40 PM
I agree with who ever said 3 or 4 I mean come on when you child is old enough to start pointing fingers and asking you what's that, it's time to give him or her their own space... just my opinion
 Carol27
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/18/2007 2:43:02 PM
Hmmm, well, personally I don't think it is necessarily appropriate, but that is completely just my opinion.....

I stopped letting my son (3 years old now) come into the bathroom when I was showering because the last time he did (about 6 months ago) he pointed at my chest and said, "Big buttons!" and tried to push my buttons! I figured it was high time he didn't come in the bathroom anymore! haha :)
 lizbeth2
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/6/2007 2:50:05 AM
I honestly think that kids will let you know when they become uncomfortable being naked in front of a parent...or seeing a parent naked....it is all up to the kid...however, saying that I only mean to include biological parents in this respect.
Your kid will let you know when they want some privacy....no need to make mountains out of moehills
 want to travel
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2010 5:09:19 AM
i never showered with my son,but i know a couple of families that are nudists, and in the house they have nudity, the children are are fine
 shosegood
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/26/2010 8:42:45 AM
I used to shower with my boys when they were little. it saved time. It came a point, although I'm still not sure when it changed, but it did, and my boys shower together but i shower while they are sleeping, or if they are watching tv or something. it worked for us. As well as it should work per individual family.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/26/2010 3:24:33 PM
I never really thought about it one way or the other. I dont bring my kids in my shower because i love the water hot as i can stand, plus they would be in the way while i am shampooing, conditioning, scrubbing body parts, shaving legs, just seems impractical. I dont think people who do it to save time are freaks or anything, whatever works. If they pop in while im drying off or changing, it doesnt bother me, but i dont really want an audience while washing my cooch and ass.
 TX9
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/8/2010 3:30:16 AM
I think the age that they can have a bath and shower on their own with no help needed then there's no need to have a bath or shower with them. But now these days some parents do it to help save money for heating water and the cost of water usage and in Aus you get nailed alot if you go over the water limit per day.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > What age should parents stop showering with their kids?