Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AnAustralianWoman
Msg: 2
What would you do? Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
YOUR on here listed as 'Single', so what's your point?
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 3
What would you do?
Posted: 11/5/2012 7:36:42 AM
Were you secretly snooping through his cellular telephone?
What evidence do you have about his online activity?
He could say you are still active in POF given that you ARE posting here.
 Devilsfan58
Msg: 7
view profile
History
What would you do?
Posted: 11/5/2012 7:49:54 AM
I believe until you put a ring on it the game is all fair. I come here and to other forums to read posts, ****es, moans...whatever you want to call it. I like the ability to get feedback from others who maybe experiencing or going through similar events in their lives without having to ask or talk to the person. I am one of those ideation people from strengthfinders. I like to see and read about how others feel about things. I am not looking to hook up but I often wonder if those who complain about these type of people would have any problems with the same person going to a library or any other type of place. I often wonder if sometime this is what the Duluth Wheel of Domestic Violence refers to as controlling.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 16
What would you do?
Posted: 11/5/2012 8:58:20 AM
I never know what to say about these questions.
I don't have a big online presence and it's been awhile since I have dated anyone from online.

I don't text unless I have to. Maybe twice a year with family.

Anyway, I think that lying is a bad sign. The problem is that these online "contacts" seem so hard to define. I would probably not be compatible with someone who had a bunch of fuzzy relationships with people who are text/ online buddies.
Good luck!
 irish_smackie
Msg: 22
What would you do?
Posted: 11/5/2012 10:33:07 AM
Gosh, this is such a common problem with meeting men on these sites... the "candy store" mentality. I have nothing new to add, except I am really sorry so many women are having this problem (maybe men too, though I don't see them posting about it very often), and doubly sorry about there being kids involved.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 23
What would you do?
Posted: 11/5/2012 10:59:56 AM

Gosh, this is such a common problem with meeting men on these sites... the "candy store" mentality. I have nothing new to add, except I am really sorry so many women are having this problem (maybe men too, though I don't see them posting about it very often), and doubly sorry about there being kids involved.

I believe most men don't post issues like this because we know the answers,, It's time to move on in life.. once a liar always a liar. As you suggested so many women post this exact subject, What are they looking for validation to move on.. or validation to stay in a relationship. Either way, I would suggest there are other issues going on in all if not most cases that would prompt a person to post about their relationships in a negative way,,hey that is just my openion.

OP all I can say do what is right for you,, the decisions you make have no affect on most of us here,, it's you who have to take responsibility for them,, good luck.
 daynadaze
Msg: 26
view profile
History
What would you do?
Posted: 11/5/2012 5:17:03 PM
I would leave him to his collection of women and know that I wasn't in any relationship with him and that he's a liar & a cheater and I would move on because drama isn't my idea of being involved. That's just me, some would love the drama, stay and fight and make up and fight and make up and end up with a lying cheater. It all depends on what you want and how you allow yourself to be treated.

Why would he be any more considerate of his children than he is of you? He doesn't care, you need to get that in your head. Where is the children's mother? Why are you so involved with his children if you've only known him for a year? These are choices you are making, I feel horribly sorry for those poor kids but shouldn't their mother be taking care of the mothering needs & attachment?
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 27
What would you do?
Posted: 11/5/2012 5:24:13 PM
Ok ... ALL other things aside, no dating profile, no lies, etc ...

Did you say you've been together over a year and women are still calling him? Really? And you believe when he says they just won't stop calling him? No matter how hung up I was on someone a couple of unanswered calls for me and I would get the point. I wouldn't call 2 months later, 6 months later, etc.

Not going to say 100% he's cheating, of course,but he's keeping contact for a reason.

As far as the children, remember, little eyes are watching and learning everyday.
 mcmarble
Msg: 28
view profile
History
What would you do?
Posted: 11/5/2012 5:25:39 PM
its what should you do? he is not with you in his head,or heart get the book never to be lied to again. mike
 Walts
Msg: 29
What would you do?
Posted: 11/5/2012 5:30:44 PM

Been together seriously a year and four months.

Which by my calender would be that you have been with him since, July or August of last year, yet,magically you joined this site on December of last year?????

I really have to go buy myself one of those new fangled calenders,mine seems to be phucked
 1966ok
Msg: 31
What would you do?
Posted: 11/5/2012 7:49:14 PM
How long ago did you find the phone numbers? Are you sure they're not just from his lady friends,nothing wrong with having friends of the opposite sex. Regardless he's still on dating sites.

Have you ever read any of his texts,there's many ways to catch a cheater.Best to find out now than waste anymore time.But my guess is that he's cheating on you or planning to,good luck.
 Walts
Msg: 33
What would you do?
Posted: 11/5/2012 8:49:04 PM

I had not been on here since I met him.

After four months we were still trying to figure one another out getting to know each another. Nothing held during this time

Been together seriously a year and four months.

All I know is I am really confused. I mean really,really, really confused.

I'm betting he is too.

That is all.

off to get that new "relationship" calender,whatever the phuck that is but, I'm sure someone at the store will know
 AnAustralianWoman
Msg: 34
What would you do?
Posted: 11/6/2012 7:23:06 AM

True it does say single, but my status is clearly known.
.....To who?
I'm happy you have changed your profile to 'Divorced' BUT you say you are 'Seeking a relationship' and 'Looking for a true genuine honest man'.....Good luck with that one. Are you not in a relationship already?
To be honest I think YOU see this thing as a relationship but I don't think he does.....You need to talk with this man.
 James44P
Msg: 35
What would you do?
Posted: 11/12/2012 12:56:57 PM
I would move on. If I was really into someone I would not be on any site.

I look at what the person does and not what they say. If it were me, I'd move on.
 James44P
Msg: 36
What would you do?
Posted: 11/12/2012 12:57:36 PM
LOL I like it PassionGent; nice comments
 jlynn1955
Msg: 37
view profile
History
The person is still on several sites posting their contact number and information
Posted: 11/12/2012 4:09:03 PM
if someone lies to me I am outa there. Life is too short.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 38
What would you do?
Posted: 11/13/2012 11:21:20 AM
Take your feelings for him and his children out of this equation....What would you tell a close female friend, or even your daughter...if thier B/F was advertising themselves as single, and still taking calls/tesxts from other women a year onto thier relationship??? Would you not point out that he is acting like he is single?

What would I do?

Well, first, Id never move in with someone I had not already kown for at least 2-3 years. Second...as soon as I found he was still acting single online I would also be single and not just online. I say let him be single, all of the time. His actions are telling you who he really is. You just are not listening.
 AvailableinIndy
Msg: 39
The person is still on several sites posting their contact number and information
Posted: 11/16/2012 11:54:58 AM
This one is soo easy...say good bye!
 jan1025
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2012 3:45:43 PM
Defyned,

If he is hiding something from you, if he lies there is nothing you can do to change it. If he had nothing to hide then he would of showed you his phone...

You know the answer, you just can't let go....

Time to say goodbye....

Good luck!
 GFriend51
Msg: 41
view profile
History
What would you do?
Posted: 11/16/2012 5:22:47 PM
Wow, you are really a thoughtful , intelligent lady. i am part way through reading this thread but I am very interested to hear how things go as you digest the comments and work with your partner[?]
regards,
C.
 GFriend51
Msg: 42
view profile
History
What would you do?
Posted: 11/16/2012 5:27:57 PM
I would like to compliment you on the quality of your responses, I felt they were very insightful and diplomatically expressed and you still left the reader with the dignity of coming to their own conclusions in their own time. Not enough men speak to women with the honesty and sensitivity that you demonstrated in this and your previous post. Thankyou for taking the time to write.
regards, C.
 Ontario47
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2012 7:16:23 PM
Run run run as fast as you can. I had one of those and eventually he left me for one of those girls on line. He didn't even have the balls to tell me to my face he called me at work and was moved out by the time I got home 1/2 hour later.

They are users and pigs and if you think you are the only one he is having fun with - you aren't. Move on girl you are too attractive to put up with that..........life alone and dating is much more fun.........
 firefly416
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2012 11:57:41 AM
I was dating someone for 1 1/2 years whom I met on another site. I didn't even know until I started hanging out in the forums that there was such a thing as hiding a profile. I just didn't look at the POF site until after he broke up with me. In your case I'd just come out and say "oh see you're still on POF, any special reason for that?"

Firefly
 bestcheflover
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/19/2012 12:41:28 AM
Get rid of him. No ifs or buts, tell him to f**k off.
Bestcheflover
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >