Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 andy1961
Msg: 7
view profile
History
What do men really want in a lass?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

Which begs the question what do guys want??..... I am a nice person who works pt, I also work as a volunteer at a company who helps the homeless, I am a loving caring person ( ok maybe to caring), I am honest I don't see the point in not being honest as it fools no one and saves time..I am just me. I work hard and try and play hard... life is for living and I am living it.

It doesn't matter how nice, caring, loving and honest you are. These attributes are not going make men be attracted to you. Well. not initially anyway.

I am a happy confident person however something is obviously putting a lot of guys off. I am a single parent with two older children is that it? I am overweight...a lot. is that it? are a lot of people that shallow not to see the inside and judge on the outside. I am starting to think this is the fact and the evidence speaks for its self. My ex was in a wheelchair as he lost a leg eight years previous and when was his last relationship...eight years previous.... Lovely guy just not for me really good friend. I am not down about being single I am a happy person who gets out when I can to party !! I was just wondering what is it guys really want???....

For guys round your age - younger and older - there's no question that you having older kids could be a problem. That won't be the case with all men, but it will be with many who are single and looking to possibly get married and have kids of their own. It works both ways - many single women without kids will feel exactly the same.

The "overweight" issue will most definitely be a problem to a lot of men - particularly men who are not only not overweight, but work hard to stay fit. And it's exactly the same for women who are not overweight and want to find the same in a man.
There is absolutely nothing shallow about men or women who refuse to find out what's on the "inside" when they point blank are not attracted to what's on the "outside"!

Oh I have what I want -- a nice house, grt kids, friends and a grt job which I adore. I am going out socially and most of all I am happy. I do not need a man in my life... I may want one but I don't need one.

Oh well, with all these things you've got in your life, and you not needing a man in your life, you appear to have nothing to worry about...
 Chuzz16
Msg: 9
view profile
History
What do men really want in a lass?
Posted: 11/7/2012 10:01:15 AM
[There is absolutely nothing shallow about men or women who refuse to find out what's on the "inside" when they point blank are not attracted to what's on the "outside]

I couldn't agree more.
It makes me a little bit cross when people say otherwise.

We all have an idea of what we like. People can be as nice as pie, but really....we do have to find them snogable...don't we?
 Brodigy
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/7/2012 10:25:39 AM
Someone who shags all night long and then turns into a pizza.

Clearly you're not a man - you forgot the BEER !

Sorry, shags all night and turns into a pizza and a 6 pack of beer

Better - now I know what I want a stage of Heaven to be like, lol
 GeordieColin
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2012 7:01:20 AM
A bit of Geordie.
What this Geordie does not want in a lass is a condom that was not his. ;-)
 ~Hams~
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2012 5:06:36 PM

A blond with big boobie's who's deaf and mute and owns a pub!

I wouldn't mind about the pub!

Its all about preference as we don't all like the same
thing however one day someone will come along that ticks all the boxes.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2012 4:49:26 AM
I could not agree more with theoldbill. With any ltr that I have had I have adapted to some degree without ever changing who I am.
I believe that many people are too selfish minded which is one reason they struggle to adapt to being with a partner long term.
 Loose_end
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2012 1:44:54 PM
If you message 100 Men, you'll probably get 100 different answers. Well, maybe you wont.

All Men aren't an entity that think with one mind & have the same needs, wants or aspirations. Don't wait for Barry Brilliant to drop into your lap, make a list (if you like) of all the things you desire in a Bloke. Then go looking for it. There must be thousands of eligible blokes on here, armed with a search button you shouldn't have any problem separating the wheat from the chaff.

Then take that step

Failing that, put up loads of photos of your cleavage.
 algha
Msg: 64
Posted: 11/21/2012 4:49:48 PM
Ok, this is what I want.

I'm hoping to meet someone pretty quickly for a serious relationship, leading to marriage as I have already chosen my wedding suit and present

If we talk online I will come across as being cool and never clingy or needy and have my own life, but as soon as we meet that will all change.

I will ring you constantly, checking where you are and who you are with.

I wont want you going out with your mates and will want you to only do the things I like doing.

I will want to see you every day.

I will probably only want you for any jobs you can do around the house.

You will need to be good looking and I don't mind if you have a crap personality as I will never listen to you anyway.

You will need to be strong but sensitive, enjoy watching action films but be very womanly.

You will not enjoy any soaps, watching or playing but you will have a hour glass figure.

Oh and all this work hard and play harder crap...really?

I will want you to work hard to look after me anyway so I shouldn't be worrying about that should I!

If this sounds right up your street you know where I am!

Just joking!
 athenrye
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2012 9:07:16 AM
All men want and are differant honey,its up to u what u are looking for,it will come when u dont expect it , hope u are lucky xx
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >