Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Please give me your honest options      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 26
Feedback Please is my profile ok?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
^^^^^^
Hey, I was close.
At least he doesn't have a hipppopotamus in his head !
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 27
Feedback Please is my profile ok?
Posted: 12/29/2013 7:58:40 AM
GT18:
No doubt you make some great points! I like hippopotamuses....it's just when I am glancing through profiles, I see Hippocampus, I immediately think Hippos - rather large animals. Now, that I know a Hippocampus is a seahorse, sooooo cute. Hippocampus (seahorse) is a monogamous creature who mates for life and the male bears the unborn young. (gotta love National Geographic) I even liked what others thought - a brain. But, I still think of hippos in the generic sense, when I first see it.
And GT18 - since we cannot email each other.....send your jokes to our buddy and he can tell me....hahahaha! I'm always up for a too salty joke :)
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 28
Posted: 12/29/2013 12:05:30 PM
^^^^^^
Just think - when you are 65 and I'm 80, we STILL will be too immature to message each other.
Maybe Markus can start a sister site called POOF : Plenty Of Old Farts .

Mr. Hippo is on the right track, , , he knows what to do, and has a much sharper wit than most of us.
Hippo - I wish I could tell you all the adventures I have had with POF women, but again, those stories are too salty to relate . It's up to you to create new ones!
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/29/2013 12:17:59 PM
HippoCampus can also be a hippopotamus who embraced further education after high school and was quite popular on campus. That can be the alternate reading of his chosen screen name.
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/29/2013 12:42:07 PM
Eric: that was wayyyy funny and too cute!
Hmmmmm, I'm going to take a bit further....it's Sunday, why not...

HIP (likes women's hips) or (he's got it going on....hip!)
PO (does not want a poor woman)
CAM (studied at Cambridge)
PUS (ok, I'll stop there)

In any case, Hippocampus has now grown on me. I like it :)
 Hìppocampus
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2013 9:11:59 AM
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

On the whole question of the name as people have worked out my reason for choosing it was in relation to the "sea horses" mainly as they mate for life and that's what I'm looking for. I must be honest in saying Id forgotten the male also looks after the babies, but that would also apply to me as id still love to have kids and feel doing my fare share when it comes to it is only right. The reference to a Hippo had honestly gone straight past me I had not thought about it being read in that way. Any ideas on a good way to explain the name or make obvious its not a reference to a Hippo. As Id rather not change it again.

As for the other comments when I get time tonight after my piano lesson I make some changes.

Thanks again everyone it so very much appreciated.
 tatersprout
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/30/2013 9:44:25 AM
Leave it as is. I like it, and it never made me think of hippos. Everybody knows how to web search a word, and it is an opening for a chat topic :).
 Hìppocampus
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Update my Profile
Posted: 12/30/2013 4:14:37 PM
I think I've taken on board all the comments and completely updated my profile. My only concern now is it much longer than most I of women's ones I look at.

Is it now too long or just right?
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 34
Update my Profile
Posted: 12/30/2013 8:42:33 PM
You don't have to worry about being too long, you do not get unlimited space for your profile.
The question is this- Will viewers get bored and click you off, or will they keep reading? I love a long profile if it is entertaining, and so do women. Not all women, but who cares, you don't want all women, you want someone who "gets" you and you gotta do what you gotta do to make it happen.
If you think it's better to add more, then add more. Don't compare your profile to women's, they have a whole different set of rules that does NOT work for 99% of us men.
 Nj2ut
Msg: 35
Update my Profile
Posted: 12/30/2013 9:25:04 PM
Too long isnt a problem as long as there is quality content which you clearly have. Too many people just have fluff to make it looks like there more there than what is really. You have plenty of connection points like photography. For example if a woman was interested in getting into photography, she now has someone who could teach her a few things.
 Hìppocampus
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Update my Profile
Posted: 12/31/2013 3:24:15 PM
Thanks for the update guys. I just hope it keeps the reader wanting more.
 ouija2013
Msg: 37
Update my Profile
Posted: 12/31/2013 4:06:05 PM
Think of me as your Doctor
The piano playing photo not good
Honest it isn't
When I see your name I think Harry Nilsson. The movie the arrow
Dancing hippos
Hope your dreams come true :)
 Hìppocampus
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Update my Profile
Posted: 12/31/2013 4:37:12 PM
ouija2013,

"Think of me as your Doctor" Thanks I will and id like reply to your answers

The piano photo was put in so that at least one of the shots in just a portrait shot. Would I be right in assuming it more my posture which is not good in the photo and as such make it less appealing?

Not sure about Harry Nilson reference I assume you do you mean the same person who is famous for sing "without you" and "Everybody's Talking" from the midnight cowboy?

I understand where the Dancing hippo reference comes from but I'm not sure I wish to change my name and really since my name is not just hippo or the like. So would hope that ladies on here would have a bit more nous to think of other connotation's for the name. Plus to be honest to me when I look at people it's the name a look at but there photos and profile.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 39
Update my Profile
Posted: 12/31/2013 5:15:40 PM
Hippo - Your choice of photos is unusually strong - with the exception of the piano pic, which is a bad photo. We LIKE extremely busy backgrounds, clashing colors, and men's rears, just not all at the same time :) You can do better, we KNOW it !!
As for the name - it will keep 'em guessing , we know because we all tried :)
Use it in good health, for as long as you care to, and have a great 2014.
 ouija2013
Msg: 40
Update my Profile
Posted: 12/31/2013 5:19:07 PM
Yes. He did all the music for an animated movie " The Arrow"
Dancing Hippos is a bi, pretty
the piano shot, no, not so flattering . even Elton faces the camera :P
 Hìppocampus
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Update my Profile
Posted: 1/16/2014 5:13:11 PM
Well guys I still can not stop tinkering with my profile tried to cut it down a bit. I spell checked and played it back to hopefully put in all the missing words. However I thought I would posted here first for options before I modify my current one.
=================================================================================
Hi I'm Adrian,

Imagine walking through a wood on an autumn day, watching a red sky sunset or strolling through the market of an ancient city that has been walked for centuries, well my love for photography takes me to all kinds of different places. So you see! There really is no need to imagine if you drop me a line you could join me too.

The world is our oyster! So to speak. There is so much yet to discover and plenty of places we have still to visit from Nepal to the Northern Lights or just too dear old Blighty. No matter where I go I'm just looking for that special someone to share them with.

I'm also a keen runner and a member of my local club and have done 2 London marathons and hope to do more and to stretch my muscles I do Tai Chi. I also like football and support Spurs, though it does not rule my life!

Music is also a love of mine from Pop, Rock, Ska to Jazz anything really as long as it has a great melody and invokes an emotion. I also play piano and keyboard originally self-taught, but now taking lessons. If you ever want to listen I will play you a tune!

You got to eat sometime and you've come to the right place from pasta to Sunday Lunch ill attempt most things. A mean "coq au vin" is a speciality followed by "baked cheese cake" afters anyone? I've not managed to kill anyone yet, so my food cannot be that bad, but I’ll let you be the judge of that!

There is no particular type of person I'm looking for, though I will say that the most attractive part of a woman are their eyes, they show there inner beauty, ok so this sounds a little daft but that’s just me.

I'm a very strong believer there is someone out there, for everyone.
 ouija2013
Msg: 42
Update my Profile
Posted: 1/16/2014 5:28:11 PM
remove the last line.
You worked hard and poured yourself into this - I HEART it
I have eyes :p
 Hìppocampus
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Update my Profile
Posted: 1/16/2014 5:36:07 PM
thanks I assume you mean
"'I m a very strong believer there is someone out there, for everyone."

I understand that :p is joke, sarcasm not sure I quite get "I HEART it I have eyes" maybe it's just late over here and ill get in the morning
 tatersprout
Msg: 44
Update my Profile
Posted: 1/16/2014 7:50:35 PM
Hello again Adrian,

Don't forget the apostrophe and capitalization or I'll becomes ill in your food paragraph :).

It looks good and paints a picture of you.

Photos could still use work...have you tried setting up your camera on timer and taking some shots of yourself?
You are upgraded, so you have room for lots more!

Looks good--are you getting message replies?
 Forums_only
Msg: 50
Update my Profile
Posted: 8/3/2017 8:05:15 AM
HI, ADE - HERE IS YOUR ORIGINAL THREAD. CONSIDER IT 'BUMPED'

Good job on the updates. Still need a big smile for the main, but you know you can rotate the photos every week or two and see which one(s) garner more visits.

It's also safe to remove your incoming email restrictions until such time as you are overwhelmed with incoming emails. Why not add a line or two about the lady you'd like to meet?
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Please give me your honest options