Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Vannili
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Would like to know if people think money is more important to you or a relationship?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

would like to know if people think money is more important to you or relationship ?

Money is important to every adult, even the free spirited people who doesn't want to work for their belief is God support the sparrows for their sustenance what more of a human being ? We see them on the street begging for coins... In regard to relationship that is part of our human beings to connect with other people, like our parents/siblings then when we become adult we seek a relationship with the opposite sex to procreate ,to have a family...

Money is not every thing , it is a tool we use, to make our life easier and comfortable we need to share our life to others too /to the opposite sex for the fulfilment of our being.... If we have no money then we have no life to share with another person, unless that person will support us for our nescesseties and vice versa..

If a person thinks that money is important , than relationship then s/he is not centered ,she is unbalance...
 ladyseekinggent
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Would like to know if people think money is more important to you or a relationship?
Posted: 11/18/2012 7:01:32 PM
Honestly, money pays the bills and spending money is for investing, and buying things you need and crave in a luxury way when you want to pamper or be pampered...and some people also participate in charity to help others.

I have developed great envy. But of who? The ladies who have fun in the city so to speak... wearing high heels with little fear, getting limo rides with their friends, dressed in party outfits complete with the mink coats. etc...with maybe @ $2.00 in their purse and no issues about it and are carefree and freespirited... get their drinks paid for [if they drink], and end up possibly having a relationship after meeting those men and partying in the city from lets say 10 pm to 4am....besides getting a ride home.. Boy are they lucky!
When it comes to me...I live in fear and bring those extra flat heels just in case I have to run so to speak for fear and security issues of being in a place away from home and its way past 12 am....
I think they have great strength, and such freedom....

Now as far as the man with the money is concerned....if you are looking for love and he happens to have wealth....if you feel intimidated by him....then you should tell him....He may actually sense this from you [and wants/needs you to make the initiative to bring it up....not knowing if its him or that you just don't like him is on his mind]..instead of breaking up with him first....I mean 3 months ???? It takes I think at least 6 months to 1 year to get to know someone better....if its the money that scares you....thats one thing....b ut if it is a power thing....that's something else....Feeling out of place is another problem.
You should talk to someone like a friend you trust...[if you fear discussing it with him ]

But if you have a hobby you enjoy then you should really open yourself up to it and you can refer to it as a crutch to stay grounded from all of the intimidation, because I think something you enjoy doing is worth talking about....

falling in love is something everyone knows happens almost instantaneously or spontaneously the lust feelings drive your heart.....which is a good thing....to look for but not everyone gets bitten by the fallin in love bug....'wanting this person and being attracted to him' he should complement. you .....it would be more stable....

If you still want this guy....then when you contact him or he you.....plan the date and take control of the conversation....to break the intimidation.....the friction that is going on.....from the money....and try to find ways from the interests you have to develop that bond...that you and he needs to feel....
 platypus_man
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Would like to know if people think money is more important to you or a relationship?
Posted: 11/26/2012 5:43:47 AM
One of the interesting things I've found, is that women will complain about a 'too ambitious' man who spends lots of time at work, and they will also complain about a man who 'isn't ambitious enough' who doesn't make enough money but puts his relationship first. Basically, women don't know what they want. Oh, wait....they think they want a Prince, who already has lots of money and so can supposedly spend lots of it on her, while spending lots of time with her too. So there you have Princess Diana, and we all know how happy she was with her marriage. Basically, women always want what they don't have. Reminds me of the 'husband department store' joke.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 72
Posted: 11/26/2012 9:47:40 AM

One of the interesting things I've found, is that women will complain about a 'too ambitious' man who spends lots of time at work, and they will also complain about a man who 'isn't ambitious enough' who doesn't make enough money but puts his relationship first. Basically, women don't know what they want.

Not all of us complain about a man who's too ambitious. I like to work 2 or 3 jobs and I'm in school nights as well, so if a guy I'm dating wants to work a lot of hours - he's not going to get any complaint out of me. If he's offered work and turns it down for me, I'm going to probably give him some flack about it. I'd have to be unable to entertain myself and/or not have a lot going on if I'm going to whine about him working too much. It's not his problem to keep me busy.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 78
Posted: 12/6/2012 6:40:11 AM
My Opinion,, My relationship with my girl friend or spouse as well as my my son will always come before money. One of the greatest commodities in life is our time,,and I value my time I spend with the ones I love. Relationships are built on time shared together. Yes money is very important, yet it value is over rated as it relates to happiness, heath and love. Although again, it is money that does supply our needs ( paying bills, food, shelter etc.) as well as wants,, yet those wants can be set aside at any given time. For example my girl and I were talking about going to Dubai for a romantic vacation,,We both agreed we had better start saving,, my point, it's a common goal working together to make that vacation possible. All that said,, I have to check the lottery numbers,,who knows if luck has it Dubai might happen sooner than later,,

LMAO,, that sucks we didn't win...
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 79
Posted: 12/6/2012 7:06:47 AM

One of the interesting things I've found, is that women will complain about a 'too ambitious' man who spends lots of time at work, and they will also complain about a man who 'isn't ambitious enough' who doesn't make enough money but puts his relationship first. Basically, women don't know what they want
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Basically, women don't know what they want

"Every woman needs one man in her life who is strong and responsible. Given this security, she can proceed to do what she really wants to do — fall in love with men who are weak and irresponsible,” Richard J. Needham

which won him a following across Canada, where he was a humor columnist.

Food for thought and to get the usual debates going this morning...
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 80
Posted: 12/16/2012 3:37:19 PM
he was rich he still could not pay for extra cheese on a burger

I've heard many times that millionaires are very cheap, penny pinching people.
I was told by many men, that they ask us these questions about our financial status, because they want to know what we are bringing to the table. And they want to know right away so they don't waste time with a woman who is not up their standards.
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 88
Posted: 12/20/2012 3:04:26 PM
I dont see a thing wrong with expecting a man to have a job and car. I do..so, whats the problem?

Have men lost all sense of pride that they are actually insulted that women expect them, at the very least, to be employed and mobile?

I certainly would not expect or want a guy to be schlepping me around everywhere and paying for everything. Forget it.
 NEWBEGINNINGS28
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2012 7:16:01 PM
When you have worked hard all your life and split everything up, it would be nice to find someone who can step up and; together, rebuild with you. They don't have to have an equal amount but something substantial would certainly be a help. I find there are far too many on this website who live day-to-day. They have nothing to show for all the years of work they have done. It makes me shudder to think how they will survive in later years.

I wouldn't stop at money though. Without a great personality and physical chemistry it would be misery to settle for someone your not attracted to.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >