Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Iandwho
Msg: 24
dating without picturesPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Message no. 5...wow I dont have even close to 100 friends on FB so I must be a fake...:)
it is amazing how little I know of this world :)
and 9 out of 10 pictures are old? is this the day of generalazations..:)
I like to see a picture and not only a face picture but also a whole body picture,
without a picture no talking, well there was a exception to that rule and that is
if the guy is extremly interesting in his conversations, but still I expect a picture....
 YourBrandNewGuy
Msg: 25
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/12/2012 4:54:01 PM
I generally don't waist any time on the picless, but there are always exceptions. The fact that shes willing to meet is a good sign. It's only 40 miles and you're gonna do it anyways so best of luck. Let us know what she looked like.
 kittinn
Msg: 26
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/12/2012 6:39:48 PM
We all have boundaries with regard to who we will contact.
I won't "waist" time on those who cannot spell. It greatly reduces the number of people i can contact, but it also limits the risk of finding myself on a date with a man i would like to 'complement' only to find out that he is looking for a woman to 'compliment' him.
And i just hate asking someone about where they obtained their graduate degree and in what field, only to find out they actually 'graduated' from high school.
Just don't get me started on all the men who are "searching for my special women"...

{Yes, this is mostly tongue-in-cheek}
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 27
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/12/2012 8:22:47 PM

Has anyone met someone without seeing a picture.

Yes. I have met several women without first seeing a picture and no one looked like the wicked witch of the west.

I think I will still take a chance and meet her.

Good for you. Be adventurous.
 I-am-Rei
Msg: 28
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/13/2012 6:32:06 AM

If he can Skype, he can take a pic and send it to me.

What is wrong with skype? I think you could have a better visual of the person than just seeing a picture.
With regards to FB, I haven't met the 100-friend mark as well. I'm not the type who click on every friend requests just to show that I have lots of friends. It's shallow to measure one's personality through FB friends.

Leggs526
Msg: 29
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/14/2012 11:35:36 AM
I've gone on 3 dates with men who did not post pictures; in each case I found there was a reason they did not post a picture. None of them looked like how the described themselves. One was short, 5'5" the other very overweight; he claimed to have an "athletic' body type (Can we say Sumo Wrestler) the other was at least 15 years older than he claimed to be. I met with each of these guys long enough to let them know that I was not happy with the lies, and that they should be honest on their profiles. You are basing your relationship on a lie so how can you expect to build from that.
I have also discovered many men and women who do not post pictures are usually married.
LEPEW62 the final decision is yours; but consider this What are they hiding?
 Greg19899
Msg: 30
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/14/2012 1:32:52 PM
Not good..I met one individual who wasn't anything close to what I expected. The other time she was incredibly hot with the personality of a spoiled beotch living off an ex-husbands retirement, and plotting on the next ones retirement. Looks do not equal personality.
 MacInOC
Msg: 31
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/16/2012 12:35:22 AM
Someone must have reported my picture. I had bare shoulders showing so PoF disallowed. I live in a beach community with nice weather - we do not wear shirts all the time.

dl.dropbox.com/u/22765625/BW4.jpg

So now I'm protesting by making my pictures private. Just what you need you frozen, shirt wearing Canuck fish folks, another profile and forum poster with no pictures showing.
 TyrantofTyranny
Msg: 32
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/16/2012 5:48:54 AM
I don't have a pic and have nothing written in my profile.....I get dates quite often....I guess its just more excepted here in NS Canada....
 NonamousDog
Msg: 33
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/16/2012 7:22:37 AM
It's simple, if you are not doing what everyone else is doing, people will assume that you have some bad motive for not doing it.

So get with the program and conform. The way to attract attention here on POF is to do what everyone else is doing. If you don't believe that, go to Profile Review.
 Hotmerlot
Msg: 34
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/16/2012 7:42:06 AM
I can understand the no picture profiles. But I really don't get the fake picture. How do you explain that to a date? Would people rather get caught bold faced lying than been seen as they really are? I just don't get it.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 35
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/16/2012 11:20:38 AM

It's simple, if you are not doing what everyone else is doing, people will assume that you have some bad motive for not doing it.

Indeed. The old "go along to get along."
 Fleuron
Msg: 36
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/16/2012 11:40:02 AM

Thanks to message 25 (MrWrong1978)...someone who agrees with me. That is pretty much what I think. Goes back to that saying of don't judge a book by it's cover.

True….and, I happen to know that MrWrong is smoking HOT man meat. ;) Purr.

Maybe sit at the bar and agree on a code phrase like "the eagle has landed."

You could have him carry a copy of “Pride and Prejudice” with a rose bookmark.

Probably more likely he’d be carrying a raggedy stained copy of an old Penthouse with a used condom bookmark.

I’m not sure which is more sickening.
 OutMind
Msg: 37
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/16/2012 12:13:12 PM
Most of the time no photo means that they do not look like the type of person I would like to date and nine out of 10 times once they sent me a photo it was a no go. However, there was this one lady that looked at my profile and made the initial contact. She didn't have a photo, but in her profile she sounded very confident. I was about to blow her off anyway, but I had free tickets to the symphony and an event thrown by the law firm that we use. And since she told me that she sold to attorneys, what ta heck.
She sent me a photo of her face, which was a little blurry. Oh, oh. I was worried. Me met ad some restaurant first, all decked out on a night gown and me in black tie. She absolutely blew me away. She was absolutely gorgeous with a body that was out of this world.

We dated for about 4 months. I got lucky, the no picture has not turned out be that ever again.
 Drawesome32
Msg: 38
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/16/2012 12:46:46 PM
fleuron: flattery will get you everywhere with me.

ive seen plenty of people complain about the reasons why someone wouldnt post a pic and say that 9 times out of 10, the person without a pic isnt who they claim to be. thats probably accurate. my argument is that 9 times out of 10, the people WITH pics arent who they claim to be. even if someone uses a recent, accurate, photo on their profile, with all the variables involved in picture taking, it doesnt mean much. look at the pics you see on here and compare them to the person you actually met. see what i mean? with all the blurry pics, over the head cleavage shots, glamour pics, photoshopped pics, pics of the subject making various silly faces, ect, you really cant judge based on a pic.

id happily meet someone that shared similar interests and just struck me as a cool person, with, or without a pic. whats the worst that could happen? is it so terrible that youd meet someone you dont find attractive?
 supplygoodguy
Msg: 39
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/16/2012 4:32:53 PM

is it so terrible that youd meet someone you dont find attractive?

gees.. aw... Yeah it's terrible.. I judge profiles.. every body should..
 CheezyChick
Msg: 40
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/16/2012 4:44:47 PM
A good majority don't look like their pics anyways, so what's the dif?

Yeah, what the h*ll, I say go for it...
 supplygoodguy
Msg: 41
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/16/2012 5:07:48 PM
people who actually post current pics on their profiles are usually single and looking for a relationship..although you have to pay attention because some will contact you with a pic and then hide it .. a sign of a whack job, married and looking hah.. .. take that whatever way you want.. pictures tell alot about who someone is if you can read pictures.. also what they will publish tells about about who they are.. .. anyone who publishes pictures of their families and grandkids are nuts..anyone who has to advertise his car is insecure.. and an ego maniac.. anyone who puts up a picture of him and his teenage daughter.. the kid runs daddies life.. anyone who publishes her breasts down to her nipples is looking to get milked without a quota.. anyone who advertises his wife with her face rubbed out .. is a whack job..it all implies what type of level of intelligence the individual has.. do I judge profiles.. and interrogate possible detainees .. you bet I do.. anyone looking for something real to add to their reality should be scrutinizing every detail.. the ones that I fear the most are the guys chopping wood in some remote area of the wilderness.. like wtf .. he's either handy or a handy serial killer..
 kittinn
Msg: 42
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/16/2012 5:22:12 PM

people who actually post current pics on their profiles are usually single and looking for a relationship..although you have to pay attention because some will contact you with a pic and then hide it .. a sign of a whack job, married and looking hah.. .. take that whatever way you want.. pictures tell alot about who someone is if you can read pictures.. also what they will publish tells about about who they are.. .. anyone who publishes pictures of their families and grandkids are nuts..anyone who has to advertise his car is insecure.. and an ego maniac.. anyone who puts up a picture of him and his teenage daughter.. the kid runs daddies life.. anyone who publishes her breasts down to her nipples is looking to get milked without a quota.. anyone who advertises his wife with her face rubbed out .. is a whack job..it all implies what type of level of intelligence the individual has.. do I judge profiles.. and interrogate possible detainees .. you bet I do.. anyone looking for something real to add to their reality should be scrutinizing every detail.. the ones that I fear the most are the guys chopping wood in some remote area of the wilderness.. like wtf .. he's either handy or a handy serial killer..

Anyone who feels that they can judge the fundamental integrity of someone else based solely on a picture that may or may not be an accurate depiction of themselves...? Priceless.

Oops! Wrong conclusion.

Actually, i agree with this.

do I judge profiles.. and interrogate possible detainees .. you bet I do..

However, i judge whether i would like to know them better, not as a means of applying a derogatory label.
 dashenka4
Msg: 44
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/17/2012 6:24:52 PM
Yes, I have. And it went well.
What is it that you are worried about? Worst case scenario, if you don't like what you see, you can bow out gracefully after all of 10 minutes of it.
 That_girl*
Msg: 45
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/17/2012 9:09:58 PM
@ supplygoodguy ive had guys do that more then a few times only put up a pic to contact me then quickly take it down before ive even had a chance to look at it clearly,,or attach a random pic of nothing but a dark area or penis pic just to get by the filter..
 AthenaMarina
Msg: 46
view profile
History
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/24/2012 2:00:15 AM
I don't have a public pic but i uploaded my pics to a link then someone here told me how to put them on my profile privately and share when requested.
Just have head shots made I should add a full body one too.
Have had blind dates in the past - EEK!!!!
 AthenaMarina
Msg: 47
view profile
History
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/24/2012 2:01:16 AM
But YOU have no pic ??!!
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 48
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/24/2012 5:01:15 AM
Did once long ago which was disappointing & don't think I'd chance it now. No pic is no excuse in this day & age where a cell phone pic is easy to be had.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >