Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TOPBLOKE43
Msg: 3
view profile
History
why does the conversations always turn sexual???Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I wish, maybe it's just the Ladies that get the sexual ones.
 Graffiti_Poet
Msg: 4
view profile
History
why does the conversations always turn sexual???
Posted: 11/12/2012 1:53:19 PM
Hello Yummy_D, welcome to the forum. I appreciate that you might not know this but your question has been asked a time or two so some of the longer serving forumites might vote to have this thread deleted. Don't take it personally if they do.

As for your question, why do conversations always turn to sex?, that's just the way it is I'm afraid. Sex is mostly what this site is about to be honest and being behind a computer screen enables some chaps to be far more brazen than they would to your face. That said though, for people in your age range, it is far far more about sex than it is about wanting a long term stable relationship. Wish I could tell you it gets better over time but you are going to be a stunner for many years to come so it probably won't, not on these internet dating sites it won't anyways. Good luck and happy fishing.............GP
 flaneur001
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2012 1:58:47 PM
OP The following is in your profile
word of warning when i am drunk i DO NOT act like a lady im afraid).

I'm not sure what you meant but it could be interpreted in a sexual way.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/12/2012 11:05:45 PM

And I hate to break it to you but women get sexual messages no matter what they look like like or wear or write in their profiles. I have had different profiles, different photos, no photo, different words and I still get crude messages - sometimes even the first contact messages are astonishingly crude and inappropriate.

Speak for yourself.
Can't say that I've ever received a crude or sexual email through POF.

I agree with the poster, above, that OP's profile has a few things (including the pictures) that would lead people to think you'd be interested in easy sex even though you say you're not. I suggest going to the Profile Review forum and posting a thread for a profile review and then TAKE THEIR ADVICE. You may be surprised how your words and pictures can be interpreted by people who don't know you in real life.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2012 1:22:51 AM
Because us blokes feel that it is important to let you know at the earliest point that we have no issues with getting it up and performing .
I often message friends just to let them know I am celebrating the fact it is functioning well today :-)
 Melodical
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2012 8:59:11 AM
A man will flirt with a woman through cryptic messages yet as the exchanges continues he of course would want the woman to understand she is desired as a woman. A man who hides his desire is a man who lies to himself for want of fearing the womans response. A woman of passion would return the sexual flirting for she fears not to be judged and understands the interaction taking place. Is it offensive to her to be desired and longed for as a woman? If such a woman takes it in her heart to be upset by such things which are as natural as the turning of the seasons then the man should wish her well and continue on his path. To paraphrase a philosophy I once heard in my younger days "a woman without passion is like a bike without peddles"
 Melodical
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2012 1:58:01 AM
Bikes have pedals... not peddles.

Which is why the quotation marks dear lady...such strictness........
 gurufabbes
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2012 5:05:13 PM

1st get chatting away and as soon as a day has gone past they automatically take it to a sexual level in which case i try to laugh it off or just ignore

Sorry to burst your bubble but most guys aren't really interested in talking about your plans for the Christmas holidays.
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2012 2:37:04 AM
^^^^ thats it in a nutshell, and, i`ll wager, one of the reasons that puts guys off messaging in the first place these days :O)
 Brodigy
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/13/2012 12:49:21 PM
SIGH

Look ladies , we're MEN ok ?

Whether we just want sex or we want to get into a long term relationship the two categories have one thing in common :

There is nothing, NOTHING we like to talk about more with a woman than S...E...X....

Most of us have learned not to bring it up UNLESS the woman brings it up FIRST

But be warned :

Once you bring it up ...

IT'S ON THE MENU
 Melodical
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2012 1:26:42 PM
Ladies, if a man does not declare his desire for you then there are two options: He's a wuss or he is not sexually attracted to you, either way would you wish for such a man?
 Brodigy
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/13/2012 1:36:07 PM
Sure but my menu consists mainly of HOT DOGS

LOL
 GeordieColin
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2012 2:57:01 PM
I bet many women bleating about how base and rude men are talking about sex would go into a blind panic if none of their contacts mentioned sex or steered your sexual convo away to something else.
You all love it really ;-)
 BevH86
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2012 1:10:09 PM
I get where your coming from, no exaggeration but every guy I have spoken to in the past few months I have noticed have turn any genuine conversation into a sexual one, stoopid things like after one day of exchanging Txs then next thing the following morning is a text about his morning glory!! I DON'T WANT TO KNOW! Iv tried politely asking if the conversation not go there and been called a bore and iv tried the stronger approach and its just ignored, makes me feel kinda cheap sometimes that a guy won't have a decent conversation with me without turning it into something sexual, I know all guys arnt like that but it's frustrating xx
 Strider886
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2012 1:54:34 AM
A man talks about sex and he's a sex starved pervert

A man doesn't talk about sex and he's gay

^^ This to be honest......

Some will think it's "weird" and then some will think your not interested if you don't mention it.

Can't f*cking win.... lol

It's best to be flirty and playful, crack a few sexy jokes/innuendos and let them guide you toward that topic if they want to, but even then some will do that to "test" you.

Can't f*cking win.... lol
 Loose_end
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2013 1:40:49 PM

is she is sexually attracted to you, its fine, if she isnt you are a pervert/creep/deviant...its really that simple

Pretty much what i was going to say. Works the other way round too.

Personally, i have no interest in sexual chat on pof, but if it makes other peoples socks roll up and down then thats their gig.

If she has a passion for being whipped with a turnip whilst bent over the washing machine, thats great! But share it some other time, at least give me a chance to buy a pound of turnips first.....
 Warren_Evans
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2013 1:05:25 PM
If a message turns sexual it's because that's all the guy is after. I've told everyone i know on here that the best way to see what is going throuh a guys mind is to chat with him for at least a week before meeting, if it gets that far. I can safely say that if he's after sex he'll start talking about in the first couple of days. If he hasn't mentioned it after a week then it's safe to say that he could be genuine.
 Loose_end
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2013 6:11:38 PM

it's bound to come up sooner or later. The question is how you both react to it when it does.

Indigo! Please stop, this is all making me feel quite randy!

Sex..........Well its been a while for me. I just hope they havnt changed it too much since I've been away.

I dont think i've ever turned a message convo sexual. Its normally Women that do this surely? horny bunch that they are.
 Melodical
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2013 7:40:00 AM

Well said Indigo.........Some people on here live in the past....Its the 21st century....

Well said indeed, you would think some women have been cryogenically frozen in the 1950's and just been thawed out for 2012. If the other person likes you the conversation will turn sexual at some point. I think a lot of guys turn it sexual simply to filter out women with issues and save time in their search for a woman who they can trust not to spring some weird beliefs onto them after a lot of investment.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >