Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How has reading the POF forums affected your dating life?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LathaMath
Msg: 87
How has reading the POF forums affected your dating life?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Not at all. But it's sure to affect my next dating life and every one thereafter. I hope to come back as a dog. I've learned from PoF that women really like their dogs.
 Life_Is_Better
Msg: 88
How has reading the POF forums affected your dating life?
Posted: 2/6/2013 5:28:28 PM
Reading the forums has not affected my "dating life" at all. I did not have A date before I started reading; I still do not have a date. There are no easy answers provided in any of the threads I have read to inform me how to go about getting a date, much less a "dating life".
 SexyKG74
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2013 6:40:52 PM
Participating in the forums hasn't affected my dating life at all.

I just find it interesting to discover what people of different ages and backgrounds feel about issues. It's rather addicting. Even if I'm dating someone, I still log on to read the forums. Some of the comments, I agree with...some I'm cracking up...and some I'm just like oh no!

I even read them when I'm in China on business when it's late at night and I can't sleep due to the 12 hour time difference...or when I'm in an extremely long ride to visit a factory...my driver rarely speaks english...got to keep myself occupied somehow!
 DontAskMe2CarryUrPurse
Msg: 90
Posted: 2/6/2013 6:40:54 PM
I've learned to enjoy my forum groupies... I've learned that pitted dates are good for green smoothies. That's about all the experience I've had with dates so far.
 toooldtoplay
Msg: 91
Posted: 2/6/2013 8:15:35 PM
None of the above. The only problem I have with forums is that they usually go dead late at night and they aren't that active from day to day. I don't date right now so I mix the forums with tv.
 NonamousDog
Msg: 92
Posted: 2/8/2013 12:38:02 PM
I can't say reading the forums has affected my 'dating life', but I think it has made me more cynical about the interactions of men an women, and about human beings, generally.
 Mikare
Msg: 93
Posted: 2/8/2013 1:47:33 PM
I find the forums to be very freeing. I was much more into chatting the 1st few weeks. Through you all , I learned to meet up ASAP. So now I avoid the long drawn out fantasy relationships and go for the meet and often move on. I have yet to have a 3rd date but I have made a few friends....

I also find issues like rejection, self esteem, sexual awkwardness, and cost sharing to have a common thread. I am amazed by some of the wisdom that is expressed by the pros and by the insanity of others.... So thank you PoF for helping me set a standard in what I accept and for allowing me the pleasure of being able to smile , hold my head up and say" Thank God I am not as crazy as that person! and I hope to quickly become as wise as this one...."
 MeggieMugster
Msg: 94
Posted: 2/8/2013 5:15:12 PM
Made me realize that im glad i have become more picky, and wont date just anyone. I depend on myself, and nobody else. I am gonna do things differently. I still wonder if this site is good for me.
 Be_enchanted
Msg: 95
Posted: 2/8/2013 5:32:31 PM

In both positive and/or negative ways ... are you happier or less happy? More cautious or more careless? Less shy or more shy? More dates or less dates? More optimistic or pessimistic?

Reading the POF forums has helped me realize how many people have issues I, thankfully, don't have. I thoroughly enjoy reading the forums while at Starbucks and people look at me because I tend to smile while doing so. So, yes, it has made me happier in that sense.

I'm more cautious to how I date nowadays because of some of the horror stories I've read on here. I tend to be shy in the beginning but now am more apt to be opinionated.

I'm also more optimistic because I have followed the profile recommendations and am doing better with receiving messages and requests for meet/greets.
 sweetblue62
Msg: 96
Posted: 3/1/2013 1:48:34 PM
It has let me know I am not the only one who get stood, up, lied to, played with and left without a word!
I have met some very weird men on here! Maniacs! Stalkers, Men who want to control me! HUH, it ain't happening!!!
No man is going to call me a liar because he can't reach me, or I took longer than he thought I should to reply to his message!
No man is going to judge me and call me something when he has never met me!!
Get over yourself, all you self-centered men. It is NOT about you!
You are NOT all woman want, you are NOT so damn hot and good that this woman will be treated with disrespect!
I got a little upset there, but I have had all this and more happen to me by men I have talked to on POF!
I have met some very good men too, gentlemen, friendly too.
They aren't all bad, lol.
 zelig77
Msg: 97
Posted: 3/1/2013 1:56:45 PM
Oh these forums...

I think they helped me take on-line dating less seriously. The negative 'tudes on here - whew!

I think they have made me appreciate my own circumstances. A lot.
 spot4username
Msg: 98
Posted: 3/2/2013 8:55:57 AM
I didn't realize how angry so many people are.

I also had NO idea how uncommon common sense is. Yikes!
 ksayer1
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2013 11:45:31 AM
Reading the forum has made me apreciate the RL bubble i live in :)

I also feel really lucky that my dates off here have all been gentlemen.

Some of the people on here really do make me LOL! Either because they meant to be funny or sometimes not. ;)

It is kind of an interactive soap opra that i have become addicted to lol!!
 roadrunner2525
Msg: 100
Posted: 3/2/2013 11:58:18 AM
It hasn't affected my dating life. Lol, was that the original purpose of pof. I will say that I am a positive person to begin with so I am more like a rock when it comes to outside forces, my level of cautiousness hasn't changed any. I still jump on and off full speed trains. I haven't been shy in about 30 years. I have 2 dates from the last time I joined pof and I have to admit that I am a little pessimistic about that. Not because I am not getting dates, but because I have no desire to try. My expectations are always the same. I expect women to be the aggressors. They don't have to worry about me not responding. I always respond, but in the meantime I like the forums because I am currently waiting for a money tree to grow in my back yard and I need somewhere to kill time until it blooms.
 lostnfoundluv
Msg: 101
Posted: 3/2/2013 6:11:44 PM
Reading Forums here is entertaining . thats it . has not affected dating life !
 Dare to
Msg: 102
Posted: 3/2/2013 8:17:17 PM
The forums have made me very glad that im not dating.... Reading the attitudes of some people out there and the prevalence of entitlement issues constantly amazes me... The amount of people who seem to be angry that other people have preferences in who they date (which don't include them) is quite scary...

It's also made me sad that the sexual double standard is still very much alive and well..

On a positive note, it has given me an insight to the male mind that i probably could not have found anywhere else.

If i was dating, the forums would make me far more cautious that what i have been previously...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How has reading the POF forums affected your dating life?