Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Balanced media coverage...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 101
Balanced media coverage...Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
4 years ago, I was paying $189.00/month. Today, my rate is over $460.00 a month.......... Now you are telling me that they didn't????? I was very specific that these increases took effect as soon as obamacare was seen on the horizon, and your buddy and fellow comrade stated that was because of the impending obamacare. Do you believe him????

Well now PK...it seems as though you aren't the smartest shopper in California...go figure...when rates increases are across the board in the single digits your rates have gone up double digit...well...the uninformed consumer always gets screwed.

I'm surprised, with as proactive as California's insurance commissioner is, that you've seen this kind of increase when only a couple of provision's of PPACA has gone into effect...covering kids till age 26...and return of premium if claims are less than 85% of premiums paid...here in Connecticut we haven't seen health premiums rise but a small amount...and companies have had to rebate excess premium back to consumers here....But, then we in Connecticut are sharp Yankee's.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 102
Balanced media coverage...
Posted: 11/20/2012 2:51:15 PM

When a private entity is forced to raise prices because of impending govt action, that is the farthest thing from capitalism that there is...

I do not think you know what the word "forced" means, as they where not forced, they raised prices for the sake of making more money, which is what they have been doing and they also have been shipping tons of cash out of California to other out of state offices so they can avoid paying state taxes, but hey they are not the bad guy it is clearly the fault of the immigrants and not corporations who funnel close to a billion dollars out of the sate.

So if you have a problem with your premiums going up, then you problem is with the company that is doing it, not with the government.

....Then you know, or speculate that I am in a high risk category. So now you are an expert in setting rates too? Is there anything that you are not an expert in? Just curious.................

Never said I was an expert at setting rates, but with regards to calling a spade a spade I have a pretty good record.

Though are you saying that my assessment was incorrect and you are not in a high risk category?
 Aries_328
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2012 4:35:31 PM
Liberal Media Bias = F*** the poor.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2012/11/20/three-ways-obamacare-changed-today/

Want to lower your premiums? Try a smoking cessation class. The health-care law also allows insurers to charge tobacco users 1.5 times as much as non-smokers, a higher rate generally meant to cover the higher costs incurred from smoking-related diseases. These new regulations propose one exception to that: It would prohibit insurers from levying the full surcharge if the individual enrolled in a smoking cessation program. “Rather than have the tobacco use surcharge…be strictly a negative financial incentive,” the regulation notes. “This approach would encourage tobacco users to pursue tobacco cessation remedies offered under their employers’ wellness programs, enhancing their long-term health and potentially reducing health care costs.”

Who will this impact the most?

Now that liberals are in charge there is no crying about the poor... the children... that's right, they served your purpose.

Insurers will now be allowed to go above the $2,000 threshold if they cannot “reasonably” build a benefit package at any metal level without doing so.

And who will this be targeted at... Hmmm the poor, the sick, and the middle class that make above poverty and below 'rich'.

Where did your balance go?
 OyVay...
Msg: 104
Posted: 11/20/2012 4:41:47 PM
Paul we've done this dance already...REPEATEDLY!

"Care to stand by that statement"

Yes I do, care to stand by it. Ya know it's people like YOU, who get the vast majority of the population screwed! Why? Because you don't see fair, you only see Paul!

ACA dealt with several big issues, kids on your insurance until 26, and pre-existing conditions. The insurance companies had a great game! They took some schumcks premiums for 10 or 15 years, then when s/he or their kids got sick with a serious illness, they cut them loose. They did it in many ways, requiring you to fill out forms, or retesting, or using a procedure that was less effective(therefore less costly) or when you left your job, or were laid off or fired...they'd cut you loose! Then the next company could scream "no pre-existing conditions"...which literally translated to "we milked this chump for all he will give, no insurance for you!"

So what's a multi-billion dollar insurance company to do? Well since we are finally getting stuck with the tab we should have paid in the first place, let's sock it to the rest of the chumps we're bilking!

As for "if you really think blah blah roll back prices"...you don't know what he will or could do. He ain't running for office anymore. But the chumps in congress stuffing their pockets with insurance cash to get reelected probably will fight him like a rabid dog!

"moronic venting"

That's about all you do on here. If your insurance company screws you, find a better company. There's always someone to blame in the world of paul. Usually it's Obama, since that's a democrat, gawd forbid you look at the republicans dragging their feet in favor of the insurance companies...oh before you go there, same goes for democrats stuffing their jeans.

But don't believe me, the $60 million CEO of United Healthcare thanks you for preserving his income!
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 105
Posted: 11/20/2012 4:42:59 PM

...These new regulations propose one exception to that: It would prohibit insurers from levying the full surcharge if the individual enrolled in a smoking cessation program. “Rather than have the tobacco use surcharge…be strictly a negative financial incentive,” the regulation notes. “This approach would encourage tobacco users to pursue tobacco cessation remedies offered under their employers’ wellness programs, enhancing their long-term health and potentially reducing health care costs.”

Who will this impact the most?

Now that liberals are in charge there is no crying about the poor... the children... that's right, they served your purpose.

How did you go from an incentive program that will save money long term to hurt the kids?

What do kids have to do with a quit smoking incentive?

Do you think it is wrong to encourage people to quit smoking?
 Aries_328
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2012 5:55:10 PM

Do you think it is wrong to encourage people to not get abortions? How about doing that by raising their healthcare or not providing birth-control.

Hypocrites.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 107
Posted: 11/20/2012 6:02:21 PM

Do you think it is wrong to encourage people to not get abortions? How about doing that by raising their healthcare or not providing birth-control.

Yet another pipes in...I'mmmm pretty sure abortions are neither paid for by the government nor private insurance.

See, what we have here is another expert in how much things cost all the way across the country, and those of us in SoCal are dullards........ We must be dullards, our politics have been controlled by the leftists for decades now, you do have a point there.

Totally clueless fascist...and yea, PK, I am the expert...not only that but, I can google reports on the cost of insurance in CA...using my company software...you are the uninformed consumer and I am the expert....It's what I do for a living...gads, I have to talk to uninformed all day long and then I have to do it in the threads...sheesh.
 Aries_328
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2012 8:22:32 PM

Yet another pipes in...I'mmmm pretty sure abortions are neither paid for by the government nor private insurance.

This is about media and the bias that is so beyond obvious.
Liberal view... Voter ID may cost a few dollars which equals disenfranchisement and hatred of poor and people of color.

Reality...
Smoking and poverty
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19110409

Smoking by race, poverty, education
http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/adult_data/cig_smoking/

Around the world. Smoking and poverty.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2006/oct/09/smoking.socialexclusion

What do liberals want... To exclude the poor and lower educated people from healthcare. Why? Because it is for their own good and all they have to do is act right. Join in the fraternite egalite liberte Join the brother hood and find your liberty in equality. If you don't you will be excluded. There is no tolerance for non conformity. You will be punished. The evil of this point of view is that it occurs through government. Governments tools to enforce are through fines, imprisonment, exclusion or force. You may think you are capable of not submitting to being human but you are incapable of preventing humanity from being human. It is power and control. Good feelings are meaningless.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totalitarianism

Totalitarianism (or totalitarian rule) is a political system where the state holds total authority over the society and seeks to control all aspects of public and private life wherever necessary.

If this turns out to be correct would you continue being liberal? Would you oppose those that oppose it? Or would you follow right along in support with your hand over your heart? The ends justify the means.
 OyVay...
Msg: 109
Posted: 11/20/2012 8:33:48 PM
Oh blow it out your...!

I smoke, both grass and cigarettes. I don't want anybody to not get healthcare...that's you guys. That's why you opposed it. Gawd forbid someone gets the help they need.

"egalite"

Means equal right? But what you are alluding to is elite. Who exactly is elite? Means to me, those who would only be with their own in private places. Like the country club, or gated communities, or yacht clubs..not many poor people there, aside from those serving the food! Those names on the Ivy halls of Harvard and Yale...not many poor people there either. Maybe the polo club...nah not many brothers there either....hmmm not seeing the elite thing in the democratic places people go.

Maybe your thinking of mitt's place? Nahh, doesn't want illegals cutting his lawn...

Is this the republican wet dream of 'where's waldo' instead using the name jose?

You talk a good game, but I doubt you'd be talking this way, confronted by poverty. But then again maybe you would. There are plenty of republicants who support a party that would throw them off the island in a NY minute...the REAL republicants...you know the ones with the power...look at you and go "SUCKER!!"
 Aries_328
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2012 10:15:31 PM
your buddy said it

Hahaha your definition of elite is skewed. It's those that make the rules.

You can say all you want about yourself but I clearly showed that smoking is most prevelent with those in or close to poverty.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/tax-the-smokers--again/2012/11/18/2d95c36e-2f61-11e2-a30e-5ca76eeec857_story.html

Why is it okay to punish those in poverty now? Why is it okay to severely punish them through healthcare and taxes but only if its for a liberal ideal? Actually, what this is about is why isn't this part of the story. Another little trick... Now I know that the poor will have their insurance covered but does that also cover the deductible? If so then again who bears the brunt of deductible increase... the middle class. Who does it have the most devastating impact on... those at the lower end of middle class. Those with mortgages, loans, bills and responsible lives. Where is that drumbeat for the common man now? Was it not real maybe?

Your voting and supporting those that are and will do the opposite of everything you believe in while making you think they are not. That is why I asked... If this becomes true will you still support them. I don't think you will. But you will be really pissed. You will be part of what someone once called 'the disillusioned'. Not all will be though. Some will embrace it just as they have for thousands of years. Haven't you ever wondered why so many people can be religious extremists when it makes no rational sense? A very large part of humanity desires to be absolutely controlled, especially when their guy is in power. It is safer. This can only occur through government. Religion can't accomplish it and Corporations can't accomplish it. Only Government can really rule over a society so completely.

What you are fighting against.... the Corporate beast. That was from the late 1800's and early 1900's. We don't look like that any more. Look it up. JP Morgan, Carnegie Rockefeller. http://www.businessinsurance.org/robber-barons-or-pioneers-american-business/

Being watchful of the past is okay. Living in it isn't. There is no race war. There is no war against women. It's all fabrications meant to get you emotional for those special few who make the rules.

You can pick apart Bain and even not like its influence. They are nothing compared to those companies that triggered progressivism. At that point in time it was literal slavery. People died. The movement away from corporate control was an imperative and had to occur and was not stoppable.

The leftisim that you support is current. It is new. The tactics of hijacking language and rewriting history and demonizing isn't new though. We are more technically able to kill more people faster and in greater numbers than at any other point in history. What is your foundation for stopping that from happening?

Moderation and Abstinence are not just for alcohol and sex.

Where is that media slant? Where is the moderation in liberalism itself? Don't you find it incredibly odd that the only things you hear about republicans are bad things, jokes, mocking, humiliation? That should tell you something.
 flyguy51
Msg: 111
Posted: 11/20/2012 10:26:22 PM

Smoking and poverty
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19110409

Smoking by race, poverty, education
http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/adult_data/cig_smoking/

Around the world. Smoking and poverty.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2006/oct/09/smoking.socialexclusion

What do liberals want... To exclude the poor and lower educated people from healthcare. Why? Because it is for their own good and all they have to do is act right. Join in the fraternite egalite liberte Join the brother hood and find your liberty in equality. If you don't you will be excluded. There is no tolerance for non conformity. You will be punished. The evil of this point of view is that it occurs through government. Governments tools to enforce are through fines, imprisonment, exclusion or force. You may think you are capable of not submitting to being human but you are incapable of preventing humanity from being human. It is power and control. Good feelings are meaningless.

This all is very charged and dramatic language. It generates more heat than light. NCBI and CDC reports? The first of which discusses a European (blech!) nation? You don't seem to realize the irony of using government entity research to somehow support your point that government is inherently tyrannical. Not that it supports your point. The poor use more illegal drugs, too. With YOUR "reasoning," healthcare costs should not discourage that. To the contrary-- make smoking and drug addiction more affordable for the underprivileged. To do otherwise is hypocrisy. Also, make the low income earners pay their fair share of taxes and cut their entitlements. They are currently freeloading off our high earners courtesy of this tyrannical administration. They have had it too good for long enough.

"Totalitarianism (or totalitarian rule) is a political system where the state holds total authority over the society and seeks to control all aspects of public and private life wherever necessary."

If this turns out to be correct would you continue being liberal? Would you oppose those that oppose it? Or would you follow right along in support with your hand over your heart? The ends justify the means.

I think someone needs a Calgon bath! Don't forget to check under your bed for Commies before retiring for the night. Don't continue to be one of America's millions of sleep deprived.

Maybe someone will see how this relates to the subject at hand after a good night's sleep...
 427cammer
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2012 10:42:18 PM

So, OK then tell me what is unfactual about the companies I cited, YOU were the one to claim Stage didn't undergo bankruptcy.

No, I said Stage was still in business... right there it doesn't match your characterization of what a business is supposed to look like after Gekko/Romney are done with it. Both of the other two businesses you first mentioned went belly up after Romney had given up control of Bain.... GST Steel within a couple of years (I actually gave you some credit for this one.... I still have doubts about whether Romney had any influence over it's demise.... whatever). KB Toys was not bought until after Romney had given up control of Bain, it didn't go belly up until the end of 2008... more than six years after Romney had been bought out... even in my most generous mood I could never give you props for being right on this one.

You started out comparing Romney to Gekko... even though you had no detailed information about his business dealings (this is obvious from the first three companies you used as examples). Even now, I don't think anyone here has an accurate idea of how he ran Bain, the most anyone knows is what reporters decided to tell us. If ten thousand reporters have been digging up dirt on Romney for the last year and GST Steel is the best they've been able to come up with...

Over in Politics right now there's a thread comparing the Koch brothers (whoever they are?) to Montgomery Burns (from "The Simpsons", I know HIM). Is this what is neccesary to get people interested in politics?.... turn your opponents into cartoon-like villians?

I have trouble believing these characterizations.
 Aries_328
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2012 11:00:52 PM
Maybe someone will see how this relates to the subject at hand after a good night's sleep...

It is more about the hypocritical bias of liberal media and those that support it without question. If you agree with it then that is one thing. If you don't should you be shunned?

With YOUR "reasoning," healthcare costs should not discourage that. To the contrary-- make smoking and drug addiction more affordable for the underprivileged. To do otherwise is hypocrisy

You missed the entire point. During the election the media portrayed every sense of impossition on the poor and middle class as an attack by the wealthy and corporate elite against the common man. It was all a lie and this simple thing is evidence of that lie. It is now okay to impose taxes and fines and punishments on those without means. How can that be? This will forever be true because of the campaign line Obama won under with the liberal media. Taxing the rich to help the poor and common man. Equality. Fairness.

Obama didn't win, leftisim did. Obama is just a figurehead. The reporting of Isreal and Gaza is a testimony of left bias.

Answer these questions:
If Hammas stops fighting what happens?
If Isreal stops fighting what happens?

Does the media take that approach... No, they take the approach that "Isreal has the right to defend itself" and "disproportional response"

The only country in the area that has a liberal democracy and supports womens rights, freedom, democracy, and participation in world affairs is demonized for a group that holds every value of human rights violations that the liberal media claims to stand against.

What side of right is this? How does this make any sense and why is it the common liberal position? Please make sense of the media for me. Money? There is no money in media without belief.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/20/opinion/womens-rights-in-israel.html

hough the examples cited are serious, they are peripheral to the lives of the vast majority of Israeli women, who enjoy full and equal rights unrivaled anywhere in the Middle East — indeed, in most of the world.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jun/27/world/la-fg-gaza-feminist-qa-20100627

Today Ayesh, 49, founder of the Gaza Strip-based Women's Affairs Center, has become one of the only feminist voices in the seaside territory that was seized three years ago by Hamas, an armed Palestinian group that aspires to impose Islamic law.

Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 114
Posted: 11/21/2012 4:21:23 AM

Obama didn't win, leftisim did. Obama is just a figurehead. The reporting of Isreal and Gaza is a testimony of left bias.

Fox rule number 14.2, limited your poultry fornication to one chicken at a time.

This weeks new chicken is named: "If you are not Jewish you do not have a right to exist".

Authored by the guy who also said this: “Why is Jewish owned press so consistently anti-Israel in every crisis?”
Fox News CEO Rupert Murdoch

The only country in the area that has a liberal democracy and supports womens rights, freedom, democracy, and participation in world affairs is demonized for a group that holds every value of human rights violations that the liberal media claims to stand against.

You left out that Israel was founded by Socialists and that they have universal healthcare and that their universal healthcare pays for abortions.

So thanks for the irony.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 115
Posted: 11/21/2012 4:43:39 AM

During the election the media portrayed every sense of impossition on the poor and middle class as an attack by the wealthy and corporate elite

I may be wrong about this...but, the media showed both Presidential and congressional candidates and reported what was said by the candidates...they breported what President Obama said and what Mr Romney said. They didn't put the 47% comment into his mouth. They didn't put words into Akin's mouth or Murdock's mouth...these ppl said what they believe and the media reported it...they got themselve un-elected...they ppl un-elected them not the media.

Geeze, I watch loads of news and I've yet to see Isreal deamonized by the media for defending itself...I have seen Hammas deamonized for firing from civilian area's.

To exclude the poor and lower educated people from healthcare

Taking PCP and writing don't mix well.

Smoking

Hmmm...I wonder who supports these companies that produce and promote smoking??? Yanno...the Philip Morris type companies...you got it...the repuglicant's.

That was from the late 1800's and early 1900's. We don't look like that any more. Look it up. JP Morgan, Carnegie Rockefeller

Many ppl think that we're returning to the old times of the Rockerfellian economy...As wages are lowered and benefits are taken away from the working ppl...and top executives continues to have mega-compensation increases (cough cough stock, options, futures, grants, rights, yada yada)...there exists the potential for union growth in order to force companies to be more responsible to their employee's with respect to working conditions, wages, and benefits....many today are doing the work formerly done by two or three layed off employees.
 Aries_328
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2012 7:22:19 AM

Geeze, I watch loads of news and I've yet to see Isreal deamonized by the media for defending itself...I have seen Hammas demonized for firing from civilian area's.

No your not. It's backhanded support. Yeah, they fired on you, go ahead. But no support. Calling it a 'regional conflict'. Of course its not up front. But you already know that the majority of liberals think Isreal shouldn't exist. It isn't support for Hammas... It's anyone but Isreal. Then hide behind veiled alliance by saying they have a right to defend themselves but then coming out and saying "Hammas is being demonized." Why do you guys support Islamists and Islamic law so much... it is irrational. They are the absolute opposite of everything you claim to believe in. Is this the liberal version of loving your enemy?

Taking PCP and writing don't mix well.

Maybe you should read the points again. Raising taxes and deductions on those that can not economically support it due to legal and available substances that people often use as a stress coping mechanism is actually cruel, demeaning, and subversive to any and all messages about economic equality. What do you do... You try to flip the actions around as good for them because of those evil corporations...

Hmmm...I wonder who supports these companies that produce and promote smoking??? Yanno...the Philip Morris type companies...you got it...the repuglicant's.

And then back to the typical line of teaching those evil corporations a lesson

Many ppl think that we're returning to the old times of the Rockerfellian economy...As wages are lowered and benefits are taken away from the working ppl...and top executives continues to have mega-compensation increases (cough cough stock, options, futures, grants, rights, yada yada)...there exists the potential for union growth in order to force companies to be more responsible to their employee's with respect to working conditions, wages, and benefits....many today are doing the work formerly done by two or three layed off employees.

Please tell me you have more than this... Please tell me you have thought about things deeper then the surface and that there is a clear and solid foundation for your beliefs. All I see is shallow and immediate issues with no long term views either forward nor backwards. No wisdom and only causes. Live for the moment because that's all there is.

Any heading toward the 'old times' of the Rockerfellian ecomony is being caused by liberals. You are creating the biggest and most dangerous and all controlling monopoly that has ever existed. The Federal Government. The worse part is that you are doing it on purpose under the false ideal of being in the 'working class' best interest and it is the furthest thing from the truth.

If you truly believed in supporting the working class you would support reducing the size of governments and corporations through more localized companies. You know... those things the egalitarian environmental people think you should do... shop local. But you don't. You support federal expansion into private sector, the consolidation of wealth to the government, the consolidation of industry to the government, the consolidation of health, welfare, and the creation of legislation of morality against society in the form of punishments and deterrence through taxes and fines for behavior you find objectionable.

Liberal media mirrors your beliefs and I don't think you have ever noticed it. That is how ingrained the bias is. It just feels normal and center.

Aries_328
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2012 7:51:13 AM
Education about the dangers related to smoking is a good thing, whether you like it, or not!

Did I say anything about education of dangers related to smoking?

I clearly only mentioned taxes, fines, and higher deductibles. Economic issues. Like it or not your supporting punishing the economically challenged. Regardless of your reasoning.

This is stark contrast to the message throughout the last 4 years of media campaigning for Obamas reelection. Why is that?
 flyguy51
Msg: 118
Posted: 11/21/2012 8:14:10 AM
It was all a lie and this simple thing is evidence of that lie.

Not even. What you've done is make a blanket statement that the new healthcare law targets smokers, and you have claimed that smoker = poor. It is all very misleading and poor reasoning. Poor is merely a subset of smokers, not an equivalence. More men than women smoke, too, but that stat doesn't further your specious case.

You should be investigating what the new healthcare law does for the poor directly instead of playing "connect the dots (Glenn Beck style)" and attempting to mislead and shoehorn your biases in.

Edit:

This video posted on another thread is not current, but it certainly discusses media bias-- and not the anti-Israel kind:

http://occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com/2011/06/06/peace-propaganda-and-the-promised-land-full-movie/
 OyVay...
Msg: 119
Posted: 11/21/2012 8:59:16 AM
(sigh) At times I hate signing on here and seeing the state of affairs as some see them. Oh well...

"Don't you find it incredibly odd that the only things you hear about republicans are bad things, jokes, mocking, humiliation?"

No, I find it odd that a party, who elected a president like Lincoln, T Roosevelt and Ike, has drifted so far from their roots. Further that they have allowed a McCarthy style witch hunt, to drive the moderates and those who would govern, out of the party.

You cannot replace a Huntsman, R. Lugar and people like that, with a Christine O'Donnell, Palin, West and Bachmann and remain the same party. They have made the party a c0cktail party joke. All this and I haven't even addressed the religious aspect the party brought in in the time of Reagan.

When you start with an extreme position, refuse to budge, in fact as demonstrated by the budget ceiling debate in 2011, even when they got their position met, they said no, and moved the goalpost further away. That's not a way to govern, that causes the "bad things, jokes, mocking"... As for comedy itself, face it Dennis Miller while dry and at times funny..will not butter the biscuit. We just have better comedians! Hahaha!

Onto my other pal.

"even though you had no detailed information"

You see that's the point. I've known some guys at Cerberus, they tell me they have better security on what they do, than the CIA. Further if someone inside were to blab...they would take a contract out on them. Their whole premise on business is to operate secretly, for fear if word leaked out, it might raise the price of a given target company they want to take over. They also don't want publicity, they want to fly below the radar, because of the nature of what they do.

In this case, it's doubtful in the near term, anyone will totally know what romney did or didn't do. Until one of the insiders writes some tell all about it, if they ever do. And AGAIN, you forget that the mittster set the tone and stage for the way they(Bain) acts and functions. You're also wrong AGAIN on KB Toys it was purchased in 2000. Since romney's retirement package runs through 2009 there is more than a good possibility that he participated in the deal, while maybe not running it. Further you don't wake up on monday look at KB, then decide to buy it by friday..it just doesn't work that way...due diligence on a deal that size would have taken 3 ot 6 months alone. So there is a very good chance he knew and participated in the pre-deal discussions.

As for the Koch brothers, your "(whoever they are?)" sentence says a lot. I can only assume, you really don't follow business at all. Forgeting politics for the moment. I have to ask, do you use toilet paper, paper towels?? In 2005 the Koch brothers bought out Georgia Pacific for $21 billion, removing it from the Dow Jones averages, as a public company. Among the richest men in the world, who happen to own one of the most major private corporations, Koch Industries which mainly operates oil and gas pipelines...oh btw, even in Canada.

So that you don't know them, makes moot, any hope of you understanding how these 2 brothers, can affect the politics of my country.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 120
Posted: 11/21/2012 9:24:22 AM
cammer ~~ Gekko? I left a link, which if read in full is pretty damned detailed. Short of seeing his accountants' work, won't do too much better than that. . . . If you ignore such info, which isn't all that hard to come by, that just makes you *willfully* ignorant, and no one can help you with that choice. Here it is, again:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/greed-and-debt-the-true-story-of-mitt-romney-and-bain-capital-20120829#ixzz2CnQGVBh8
 OyVay...
Msg: 121
Posted: 11/21/2012 9:37:06 AM
Wooby, I did not mention the matt taibbi article in Rolling Stone, because I know all will say it is a left wing publication. I believe many of his articles are factual but can and would be viewed as left in the extreme. Doesn't mean the article is not good, it maybe just hard to take, if you view the world from a conservative viewpoint.

The discussion on here has ranged from looking at a total meal, and what it means. He wants to discuss every pea, in the peas and carrots...because he believes the journalism is bad, and he cannot accept the facts as presented...if it has feathers, quacks like a duck, swims like a duck...it must be a horse!
 Aries_328
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2012 11:22:10 AM

You will be called out every time you lie in these discussions

And you will be lying every time which is all you seem to be able to do.

Every point dismissed. Not explained. Just dismissed. Irrelevant? Why? Because you don't have an answer.

I could at least respect a halfhearted acknowledgment of the paradox but you can't even manage that. It's absolute dismissal of reality. Why? To challenging? Would it mean that your absolutes are not absolute? Does it mean there is more to life then social inequality and you can't bare to confront it?

What is being called out is the impossibility of the liberal view. It can't stand up to reality without living up to what it truly is. Force. It use to be rich men at the top of the chain but now it is rich business. At the bottom of the spectrum is the poor. Your equality is to cut the heads off of business to lower them to working class status while at the same time trying to raise the poor up to the standards of working class.

It just can't work. It is a fantasy.

I could respect your maintaining the line that business needs to be increased locally to reduce power and influence of single companies but you don't do that.

I could respect your insistence that poor people need social assistance to live with dignity but you don't do that. It comes with strings attached to conform

The time of labor unions should be coming to the time of being knocked down to size. They are now the power brokers and the enforcers of poverty and bankruptcy of cities. They are feeding off the the working class and using that power to destroy business and impede the ability for people to get jobs. Having a job is not a right. There is no right to employ someone in perpetuity. Corrupt politicians, government workers, teachers should be fired.

Give it about 2 years living in the hell created by leftism. It's going to be a bumpy ride. The media will start shifting right as the left stumbles more and more on the impossibilities of their positions. Unfortunately you may create an environment that is conducive for a shift too far to the right. Hoping that doesn't happen.

I hope.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 123
Posted: 11/21/2012 11:27:39 AM
And you will be lying every time which is all you seem to be able to do.

Every point dismissed. Not explained. Just dismissed. Irrelevant? Why? Because you don't have an answer.

Actually, real, relevant, logical, and factual answers have been given to you disproving much of what you have to say..but, there's no talking with you...you just keep on keeping on with the tired repuglicant talking points...along with adding in a few of your own "idea's" from the land of Rod Sterling.

Unfortunately you may create an environment that is conducive for a shift too far to the right.

You mean you'd like to see America shift so far to the right that gioing to church on Sunday would be a law???you TeaPartiers crack me up...how about actually practicing what you preach
 Aries_328
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2012 11:35:31 AM

You mean you'd like to see America shift so far to the right that gioing to church on Sunday would be a law???you TeaPartiers crack me up...how about actually practicing what you preac

Why would you say that. You just proved that you take things out of context and lie? Why?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 125
Posted: 11/21/2012 11:47:52 AM

Why would you say that. You just proved that you take things out of context and lie? Why?

Where exactly is the lie??? Just exactly how far to the right do you want to go?? Executing gays...giving Isreal more nukes...Nuke'ing Iran???Posioning our rivers, stream, lakes, land, and oceans with no enviromental regulations...making the minimum wage $.35/hour??? how far to the right do you want to go...making christianity the religion of the land and incorporating it into our government???banning Islam????tax the poor and eliminate taxes on the wealthy??? completely deregulate health insurance????
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Balanced media coverage...