Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why do women fall for players?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 planemechanic07
Msg: 60
Why do women fall for players?Page 3 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I know you have hear that girls love confidence we all have and I do think that is the key because players show confidence because they don't care if they get the first girl they hit in or the second and so on but guys that care about the one they don't want to mess up and that adds presser and it is harder to be confident. I hope this helps.
 northernexposure888
Msg: 61
Why do women fall for players?
Posted: 8/27/2009 8:26:39 AM
Women gravitate towards players because most players are better looking and more charming then non-players. That's why they get to be players. Because they can.
 Motto_Bella
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/27/2009 12:00:13 PM
Compliments of Wikopedia: The words "womanizer", "player", "skirt-chaser" and "rake" may be used in reference to a man who has love affairs with women and will not marry or commit to a relationship.

You can't be "played" if you're in the 'know' and in 'alignment' with a player's intentions. Problem arises when one wants what they can't have.. yet goes on and on believing otherwise. No player is going to change for anyone except him/herself.

The individual who chooses not to be honest with their intentions.. is a straight-up a$$hole - men/women alike.
 karma1160
Msg: 63
Posted: 8/27/2009 3:41:48 PM
They lie about their intent and pretend to be monogamous. Sometimes people want to believe because they need to believe in goodness.
 heavyiron
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/28/2009 9:42:56 PM
The fact is that intelligent succesfull educated women prefer a stable responsible REAL MAN where as the low budget" 3 kids with 3 different men" white trash, cigarette smoking uneducated women go for players and so called badboy types and subsequently recieve the abuse they seem to crave so much.......
 Motto_Bella
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/29/2009 3:56:35 AM

What she meant by nice guys not being her "psysical" type was that they (meaning their behaviors) didn't arouse her.

^ Spot on Efe!
 dahlingdarling
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2013 1:37:29 AM

These women have the wrong impression on a "REAL" player. You are all confusing a "PLAYER" with a "HEARTBREAKER". A player is a man who NEVER EVER says "I love you" to any women. A "PLAYER" has no enemies and does not manipulate or deceive women to satisfy his desires. If a man does say he "LOVES YOU" then he has turned in his player license and SINCERELY MEANS IT! ONLY A HEARTBREAKER SAYS "I LOVE YOU" TO MANIPULATE AND DECEIVE WOMEN TO SATISFY HIS DESIRES. DO NOT CONFUSE A "PLAYER" FOR A "HEARTBREAKER". A "PLAYER" always has class and respects a women. A "HEARTBRAKER" does not.

LEARN THE SIGNS OF A "HEARTBREAKER" AND AVOID THE PAIN THAT HE WILL LEAVE YOU WITH.

The pickup artist abides by a very strict set of rules that isn’t negotiable. The world of the Player is far more meticulous and carefully crafted than it is vibrantly chaotic.

http://www.askmen.com/dating/player_250/275_5-things-a-player-would-never-say.html

Yeah I don't consider "there’s no reason for any Player to ever ask for permission" when it comes to things of a sexual nature to be showing respect for gals.
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/20/2013 3:25:18 AM
Players are successful BECAUSE they are players. Practice does make perfect. They know what will work and what won't. They are the pros from Dover while the rest of us are weekend duffers.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2013 3:30:38 AM
Oh, come on now.

There has never been any such thing as a set of immutable rules for relating to each other, nor is there a Board of Conduct and Player-Heartbreaker Rule Enforcement. How absurd.

The answer to this very old thread question is simple: men and women both fall for "players," because they think they are getting what they really want, and don't have the insight, experience, observational skills, or analytic skills required to see through the scammer.
 dahlingdarling
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2013 5:01:46 AM

When a woman sees a very hendsome guy she instantly stops thinking with her brain.

Egh no my experience/observations say otherwise as well as studies show it's guys that tend to make less rational decisions, score lower on memory, and have impaired mental cognition based on the attractiveness of the gal while for gals the attractiveness of the guy has no effect on gal's ability to make rational decisions, memory score, or memory cognition.
http://webcenters.netscape.compuserve.com/homerealestate/package.jsp?name=fte/prettywomen/prettywomen
http://www.japantoday.com/category/kuchikomi/view/men-act-stupid-when-talking-to-beautiful-women-study-shows
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=why-interacting-with-woman-leave-man-cognitively-impaired
 Walts
Msg: 70
Posted: 6/20/2013 5:20:08 AM
^^^^ Yet I read very little biatching from men about female "players"????? I do read a lot of complaints from women whom believe "marriage" is the major sign of commitment???? Do ya actually think that's "rational"???? I mean seriously. Think about it.

No matter what survey or stat you bring up, it seems the world is FULL of male "players" and by default, at least the same amount of female "victims"????? Funny how that works. Females are emotional supposedly. Do ya think maybe,just maybe, that some guys actually know and understand such, and target those emotions????? I do.
 dahlingdarling
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2013 5:27:44 AM

^^^^ Yet I read very little biatching from men about female "players"????? I do read a lot of complaints from women whom believe "marriage" is the major sign of commitment???? Do ya actually think that's "rational"???? I mean seriously. Think about it.

No matter what survey or stat you bring up, it seems the world is FULL of male "players" and by default, at least the same amount of female "victims"????? Funny how that works. Females are emotional supposedly. Do ya think maybe,just maybe, that some guys actually know and understand such, and target those emotions????? I do.

Different experiences as I hear guys ****ing all the time about being 'played' by gold diggers, used in the friend zoned, and such.

I think you're not being rational. I was stating gals don't make less rational decisions because a guy is hot. It's not the attractiveness of the player leading to less rational decisions but his emotional manipulation.

Do you think maybe, just maybe, rather than get in an emotional rant you could read what is there and not whatever bull you're projecting? I'm doubting you can.

Do tell how did you get: Gals don't lose their minds due to the attractiveness of the guy = gals don't get played/gals don't get manipulated when their emotions are targeted and whatever other nonsense you spewed?
 dahlingdarling
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2013 6:36:44 AM
There are no female victims of players.

Not in your opinion. If there were no victims then they would be no players which comes with the negative definition of tricking someone and most often are liars, cheaters, manipulators, and deceivers.

Women are grownup children, they refuse to take responsibility for their actions.

Gals are no more grownup children than guys are and to state otherwise is again more telling misogyny on your part. Acknowledging someone's actions of deception is not refusing to take responsibility for one's action of falling for the deception. If a person was deceived by someone stating that person deceived them is not refusing to take responsibility for one's own actions of falling for the deception.

That's why they will not say they fell for a guy becasue he was handsome and insta-moistened the vagina.

Probably because they didn't as my experiences/observations and studies show gals don't fall based on looks that's more of guys area as guys are more visual. http://news.menshealth.com/do-men-fall-in-love-faster/2011/09/02/
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 73
Posted: 6/20/2013 10:09:58 AM
Players are incredibly smooth and hard to detect. They are charming and practiced in fooling woman.

The three players who fooled me were extraordinary hikers and skiers in their 50's. Successful professional men, they dazzled me with their intelligence, fitness, manners and wit. All said they are looking for a relationship and loved hiking. These uber athletes could have any woman they wanted. And they did.

I learned not to get all "twitty-pated" over a man before meeting. I now view dating with amused detachment, waiting for the other shoe to drop. I slowed down the process and pay better attention to my feelings. I keep my heart in reserve.
 theanswerguy2
Msg: 74
Posted: 6/20/2013 11:09:32 AM

The answer to this very old thread question is simple: men and women both fall for "players," because they think they are getting what they really want, and don't have the insight, experience, observational skills, or analytic skills required to see through the scammer.

Exactly.
People talk like these "players" have some kind of "magical" powers that they can't resist, when what they need to do is take off the rose-colored glasses and take a clear-eyed look.
 NDTfan
Msg: 75
Posted: 6/20/2013 11:18:08 AM

Exactly.
People talk like these "players" have some kind of "magical" powers that they can't resist, when what they need to do is take off the rose-colored glasses and take a clear-eyed look.

So the only real way to protect yourself from a player is to automatically disbelieve everything that comes out of a man's mouth, since players say the exact same things sincere men do in the exact same ways. Because if you believe him, it's not his fault you were stupid and fell for it.

Duly noted.

You need to believe the sincere people, and disbelieve the insincere ones.
And that's where the "insight, experience, observational skills, or analytical skills" Igor referred to come into use.

So how does one do that if the players say the same things in the same way as sincere men? Telepathy? Divination? Ouija board?
 theanswerguy2
Msg: 76
Posted: 6/20/2013 11:24:52 AM

So the only real way to protect yourself from a player is to automatically disbelieve everything that comes out of a man's mouth, since players say the exact same things sincere men do in the exact same ways. Because if you believe him, it's not his fault you were stupid and fell for it.

You need to believe the sincere people, and disbelieve the insincere ones.
And that's where the "insight, experience, observational skills, or analytical skills" Igor referred to come into use.
 Midwest_Southwest
Msg: 77
Posted: 6/20/2013 11:40:59 AM

Players are incredibly smooth and hard to detect. They are charming and practiced in fooling woman.

Exactly! They are good at what they do, after all- or they wouldn’t be successful at playing anyone. Plus, the older they get, the better their skills get. Of course, they get dumped a lot too, because people figure them out.

Most people are vulnerable to being hooked by a scam or con- to be played- at some time or another. Look at the folks who “fell for” Bernie Madoff or Marc Dreier- some pretty savvy people, but they all wanted something that the con played to.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2013 1:28:42 PM
I can only speak for myself. Wouldnt even try to speak for others. Its becasue....I AM DUMBER THAN DIRT!
phew...glad to get that out.
No, I had an ephiphany one day....whenever a woman says "he was different than anyone I'd ever known"... she's usually talking about an ex or someone who should be an ex.... and that's why I fell for him.... different from every man I'd known. Made me feel differently, too. NOW, of course I know the problem....but hey it was my first time around the block, soo.....From now on if he's different from anyone I'd ever known...I'm running the other way.... FAST!
 Walts
Msg: 79
Posted: 6/20/2013 2:34:52 PM

I think you're not being rational. I was stating gals don't make less rational decisions because a guy is hot. It's not the attractiveness of the player leading to less rational decisions but his emotional manipulation.

Nice of you to "think" that at 22 years of age. But, at 52, I have seen with my very eyes, the first step the "player" takes. It's basic, and it involves the "look" of him,catching her eye and then gentle "approach". And yes, I also stated women are the emotional beings that they are, which the good player preys on. But, it almost always starts with the visual. Especially with the bambis of your age group, and then later in life, with the older ones,cause it's rare for any man over 40 to be "good looking" and "in shape", so, if they ever do get approached by a "good looking" man, they are not telling him to go away.

And for future reference, you have no clue what I will spew when actually ranting. I, personally, love listening to words of wisdom from the younger peeps. Keeps me on my toes.

What actually do, is listen, watch and see, and see if the actually words and actions match, and always try to keep the emotions in check. If it sounds like a fairy tale, it probably is.

It isn't just "one" thing a player has figured out about you girls. It's a mix and match of it all. A lot of women are swooned by quite a few different things. A player usually has mastered the art of figuring out what it is in each individual woman, again, after the initial approach which includes the "look". Pretty sure there isn't a whole lot of "ugly" players out there is there??????
 Walts
Msg: 80
Posted: 6/20/2013 3:16:49 PM

Well try spending a bit of effort looking for the guys with a good personality and social interests rather than one that's got washboard abs and a Brad Pitt face.

We've been shown by a poster here, along with her "stats" that girls don't fall for the "looks" at all. It's right there in black and white, so, obviously we have to take it as the "truth",cause the "survey says!!!!!!!"(don't they have show about those surveys?????)
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2013 3:17:04 PM

No. In fact, what many players scammers and other con-men and women LOVE to find, are people who do exactly that, and decide that distrusting EVERYONE is the way to go. It results in your isolating yourself completely from all potential allies and others who could give you pointers on who is trying to pull a fast one.

The best BASIC way to avoid being taken in, is to establish and stick to a set of well thought out personal boundaries. That way, whether the person you are dealing with is a dishonest swine trying to pull a fast one, or an honest person making a huge mistake with you, you will still do only what you personally wanted to at all times.

In monetary scam situations, that means that whether you are dealing with a reputable established investment house, or a clever well dressed guy with a lot of great patter and sales pitch skills, you will refuse to invest more than you can afford to lose. Thus when you do lose, it will not crush you.

In relationships, if you, for example, have sex with the other person entirely because you wanted to enjoy sex at that moment, with that person, just for the fun of it, then whether they are a sincere romantic, hoping to build a thousand tomorrows with you, or a cheap one night stand, you will still have a good time and not feel that you've lost anything. But if you do things that go against your central beliefs and emotional sense of balance, in the hope that by risking all, that you will win the prize of prizes, then you will feel used and abused when things go wrong.

If, in addition to that basic approach, you also gradually learn from your mistakes, and always take full responsibility for your choices, you will be as well off as anyone can be.
 dahlingdarling
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2013 3:20:38 PM

Nice of you to "think" that at 22 years of age. But, at 52, I have seen with my very eyes, the first step the "player" takes. It's basic, and it involves the "look" of him,catching her eye and then gentle "approach". And yes, I also stated women are the emotional beings that they are, which the good player preys on. But, it almost always starts with the visual. Especially with the bambis of your age group, and then later in life, with the older ones,cause it's rare for any man over 40 to be "good looking" and "in shape", so, if they ever do get approached by a "good looking" man, they are not telling him to go away.

Quite telling that you seem to be an ageist as well as think your experience is more credible than a factual credible peer-reviewed study. So it seems the your way of support is to use your age and opinionated experience of what affect gals rather than factual evidence of how gals response to guys looks when making decisions. Okay then.

And for future reference, you have no clue what I will spew when actually ranting. I, personally, love listening to words of wisdom from the younger peeps. Keeps me on my toes.

Seems you're unaware that citing studies /= words of wisdom from the younger peeps. Okay then.
 dahlingdarling
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2013 3:23:16 PM

Lol would probably believe that coming from the ladies!

Not unsurprising as going by the misogyny, sexism against gals, and belief that having a vagina = being stupid.

Seriously they don't half pick some dodgy characters and then when it all goes to pot suddenly, they have a massive fit wondering why guys are so bad? Well try spending a bit of effort looking for the guys with a good personality and social interests rather than one that's got washboard abs and a Brad Pitt face.

Probably for the same reason guys who wonder why gals are so bad don't spend more effort looking for gals with good personality and social interests rather than the (much) younger gal with supermodel/p*rn star looks. That reason being many people tend to want physical attraction in a romantic/sexual relationship unless this guy with a good personality and social interests is cool with a sexless relationship.
 Walts
Msg: 84
Posted: 6/20/2013 3:32:10 PM

Seems you're unaware that citing studies /= words of wisdom from the younger peeps. Okay then.

Tongue in cheek young lady. Wisdom is usually wasted on us old farts.

You have continuously repeated and cited "surveys" and "stats" along with the comment of "along with my observations", here and a few other places. Now , in my experience, surveys and stats are for people that use them(for their own arguments). If, I ever felt going thru and dissecting these bits of information, I could easily(and have) sway those surveys and stats to fit my needs.

"factual" and "credible" are funny words by the way. Not the ha ha kinda funny either.

In your "observations" have you ever seen a "ugly" player?????
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why do women fall for players?