Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Aardente
Msg: 5
1st date tonight but somethings not right!!Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I want to know what happened, I agree, it does not seem right.
 Aardente
Msg: 7
1st date tonight but somethings not right!!
Posted: 11/17/2012 3:29:10 AM
Maybe check her for a wire.

Seriously though at university once we were sitting down (me and amale friend) and this young girl came and sat down and started talking to us, she was a psychology bstudent and was conducting an experiment. My friend was studying some psychology at the time and was on to it, he asked her if she was conducting a psych experiment which was amusing.

Maybe it is something like that.
 Walts
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/17/2012 4:58:06 AM
If you think you are gonna lose, you, more than likely, will. Why make things tougher than are or could be???? For some reason, the two of you decided to go out on a date. So do it, and enjoy it for what it is. And quit thinking for a couple hours!!!!!
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/17/2012 6:33:32 AM
I was contacted recently (seems weird for a kick off eh lads!!!) by what appears to be a stunning girl. Within a couple of messages we'd exchanged numbers and within a few texts arranged to meet tonight.
So your probably wondering what's the problem?
Although it pains me to admit it she's way out of my league. She's gorgeous for a kick off, and I mean GORGEOUS!! She's got brains, and I mean BRAINS!! She doing a bachelor degree in psychology and criminology. She oozes class and sophistication.
I could and hope I'm just being paranoid.

Seems maybe not paranoid, just attempting literary creative fiction. The odds of all that being true are about 5%.

START by considering it a "FIRST MEET" instead of a "date". Reduce the pressure on yourself, don't get soo attatched to any particular outcome from that "first meet". Plan something simple like a walk in a local park after a meetup in your local coffeeshop.

If what you say is true, and if what you say she is like is true, I am sure that the two of you can spontaneously come up with more things to do to make the "date" last longer.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/17/2012 6:47:07 AM
OP ... It's too bad your so down on yourself, as your humour and wit is fantastic.
I read your profile and you would be a real prize to go out with.

Now I am wondering ... how did the date go and what did your gut reaction tell you.
Was she who she said she was?
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/17/2012 8:57:02 AM
You're over-reacting. It can be smart of you to have a skeptical, raised eyebrow with the mindset of "I'll believe it when I see it", if she's some completely gorgeous girl who out of the blue contacted you first, etc., if no girl ever has over a long period of time, let alone replied, etc.

But don't get so flustered. It's worth checking out. Sure, technically she could just be looking for attention and there's no way she actually ends up meeting any guy.... or it's fake photos and if/when you meet her, she's a dog with an excuse as to why she had false photos or photos of when she weighed 50lbs less.

Your gut's telling you something is up -- there statistically should be some "catch" to it, even if that "catch" is small. But again, it's worth checking out if she wrote you, and the writings are fruitful, etc. No need to wig out about it or be obsessed about the what-ifs. Just meet up with her and take it from there... and yes, sometimes very great looking women, somewhat out of a guy's league, will dig a guy who she can "do better" in the looks dept -- but something about him resonates with her. You could be "that guy"! ;)
 rdcnorm
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/17/2012 11:19:28 AM
OP,,What I think,, you should go for it,, why!!!! it doesn't matter of someone education,,( looks are nice). Your feeling not good enough and that is sad. What is even more harmful to you. You might e feeling your giving up control as a man because your thinking she is better than you. Forget that thought,,because she is interested in You,,So be positive, be yourself.. you have nothing to fear but fear it's self...as for the first dates being stressful,,they don't have to be if you continue to be you,, never ever dress to impress....Good luck..
 FairOaksChick
Msg: 26
Posted: 11/17/2012 11:41:57 AM
Oh brother. Most often the person is much less attractive than their photos would have you think. And going for a psych degree? Take it from me, that is one of the easiest degrees to achieve - even if she is going for a Ph.D.
 Aardente
Msg: 27
Posted: 11/17/2012 12:17:18 PM
when was the date? Op hasn't come back.... should we call the police? joke - ok bad joke......
 jan1025
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2012 12:59:02 PM
How do you know for sure she's not from Russia, Nigeria? Talking so little to her and yet you know she has bachelor degrees in psychology and criminology. Wow, she talks and moves fast. Most of the time those topics come in way later in conversations, or if you spent hours on the phone....

Anyhow, just be yourself and don't do anything you will regret. It's ok to be cautious, but paranoid, well... chill on the paranoia.

Have fun....

If she wants you to pay for sex, say NO! She could be a cop. lol Kidding...

Come back and fill us in how it went....

Good luck, (sprinkling holy water your way) lol Kidding...
Jan
 OutMind
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/17/2012 3:12:26 PM

Although it pains me to admit it she's way out of my league.

I think you already blew it. Remember this and tattoo it over your forehead.

What you think. You are.

You think of yourself inferior to her, so she must have an agenda. You will show this insecurity when you meet and she is going get that feeling. The sad thing is that her agenda may be as simple as that she wants to jump your bones and find you attractive. Go figure. What a horrible agenda to have.

Also, realize that most people that study psychology are waccos themselves. I studied some psycology before, and yes I am a bit wacco, but everyone else in the class was the same. A little bit off.

My advice is to go with a do an have have attitude and don't give a sh it if this works out or not. Enjoy and learn. You may find out at the end of the night, that leagues are mental blocks that you put yourself in. And that even the hot chics want guys based on substance not just looks.
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/17/2012 10:38:49 PM
Never underestimate the power of association. If you look like someone that someone has a positive association or memory of, it's likely you'll have a huge step up already.

Someone mentioned being a psychology student and everyone was a little "off" in class. Add criminology to that? I'd do a strip search before allowing her in my house alone at night. J/K!

Rain4Eva
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2012 11:51:25 PM
The whole problem with people posting and asking questions is: when they do ask, people knock them down every time. I mean shit, I want to read from beginning to end..... Can't read the end when idiots assume (ASSume) they know everything (which stops the OP from posting....) So it ruins the whole point of actually trying to know a story..... So yea....Idiots, keep your 2 cents to yourselves.....

Thanks! ~Anthony.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >