Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NtvNtv
Msg: 155
Why do women go nuts for guys on motorcycles?Page 5 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
( ^ ^ )

I don't go nuts...but I sure like how some look with their leather jackets and leather chaps...NICE.
 iampict
Msg: 156
Why do women go nuts for guys on motorcycles?
Posted: 10/10/2013 11:52:57 AM
Check out Kawasaki and you will see a dethroning of the Hayabusa.

Also there are a lot more Bikes out there than HD, I personally like the Triumphs and
own a modified efi Speedmaster, does everything I need it to do inc. two up touring and
a daily commute, a terrific cruiser/Road bike/tourer. I'd also say being biased of course
there is not a better looking bike out there but each to their own.
 cotter
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2013 1:01:48 PM

For some reason, they all want a ride, and are wound like a top when the ride is over
I've been on several motorcycles and being "wound up like a top" does not describe me. Makes you wonder where some of these posters get their ideas!

Bicycle seats cause impotence in men.
I've heard that certain types of bicycle seats cause prostrate problems (swelling/irritates the prostate) ...
 Post_PrepatoryLIFER
Msg: 159
Posted: 10/12/2013 5:36:59 PM
Yes you can like the motorbike, even want to hump it but totally cannot be said of the 'guy' on it. TOTALLY no correlation. I actually agreed with wingman on something. *blinks* The motorbike does not the make the man. In some cases, a mere bicycle has more to offer in purpose and 'value' over some dude. Go figure.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2013 9:04:04 PM
Hehe...hehe...(breathing)...um, like...this one time, I took the seat off of my motorcycle, and made some modifications. I fixed it so that among the cushioning and framework there was an additional component, otherwise solid and static, embedded within, it's purpose being simply to physically be connected to a certain point on the frame near the engine, in just a certain way, and deliver this vibration in a particular general area underneath the surface upholstery of the seat. I took care to make sure that it all acted a certain way, had a very particular effect, not very subtle, not something that someone could ignore...yet not too much, not quite too localized, so not too obvious, leaving someone doubtful as to whether or not anything was intentional.

Women I didn't know asking for a ride now and then happened whenever I had a motorcycle. But after my little project described above...whew...a marked difference. A trippy experience. Didn't necessarily get more requests for rides. But when I did, and I just took us for a fun peaceful ride for several minutes...it was interesting being able to sense her "trying to act normal" and be inconspicuous about it, yet making a very minute adjustment to get a full experience. And when she's got her arms around me, thighs around the motorcycle and me, and head or face on or against my shoulder, you can tell. It was interesting. And when I stopped and they, um, got off of the motorcycle...there was also a marked difference in the thank-you's and goodbye's, between the before and after my modifications.

Not really. I didn't really do that. I just made it all up.

I thought I'd present one of the elephants-in-the-room. Throw it out there. Bare some of the unspoken. See if ya'll can handle it.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 161
Posted: 5/13/2015 9:04:47 PM
Just a heads up to all you fellow motorcycle riders, both men and women. I saw on my local news last night that a fellow Fish [she was 59 I believe] was struck and killed on her bike last night by a drunk driver. We can't do much about them but it's just a dark reminder to always be on red alert.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 162
Posted: 5/14/2015 12:00:47 AM

Why do women go nuts for guys on motorcycles? For some reason, they all want a ride, and are wound like a top when the ride is over

Not true. I've been riding since I was 17, basically for more than 40 years and I've never seen anyone "wound up like a top" when the ride is over.
 StarClassic
Msg: 163
Posted: 5/14/2015 7:00:30 AM

I saw on my local news last night that a fellow Fish [she was 59 I believe] was struck and killed on her bike last night by a drunk driver.

SLAFFA, do you have her given name?

For those who know, I need not explain.

Pegs Down and Kind Thoughts for a Lost Sister.
And don't forget to polish the bell.

For those who are curious, pegs down refers to the passenger pegs on a moto being ridden solo. It is our equivalent to the Air Force flying a missing man formation after the death of one of their own.
 StarClassic
Msg: 164
Posted: 5/14/2015 7:04:28 AM
Now, back OT.

I ride because dollar for dollar, a motorcycle is cheaper than a shrink. Cycle-therapy if you will. :)
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 165
Posted: 5/14/2015 8:08:12 AM
I've had a few women get stupid after a motorcycle ride, but then again they were stupid to start with.
The ones I really wanted to impress didn't accept the invitation :(
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 166
Posted: 5/14/2015 11:25:03 AM
Because men in leather and a helmet and a fast zippy little bike are hot. I mean when has a guy like that walked in the store holding his helmet and it's like "humina humina humina..."

Now, you will never ever get me on the back of one of those. Absolutely no way, never, nu uh. But I support his hobby fully.

I grew up with a family of grease monkeys. I was 8 before I learned hands weren't normally purply-black :)
I have a soft spot for auto/bike hobbyists.
 cold_coffee
Msg: 167
Posted: 5/14/2015 8:41:37 PM
Most male activities have groupies.
 cotter
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2015 3:39:04 PM

I don't know any women who do.

I've had boyfriends who had motorcycles ... but I didn't know they had a motorcycle until we had gone out several times because they also owned alternative forms of transportation.

OP why would you think women really care?

One poster in here has already posted that he uses his motorcycle to pick up "stupid" women. What would be the need for a "stupid" woman ... ? He must have some use for them ... or why would he pick them up? Hmmmm ... wonder what he does with them then?
 daynadaze
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2015 4:19:34 PM
A member here died? That's so very sad.
 8inscrew
Msg: 170
Posted: 5/15/2015 6:57:43 PM
Yes... very sad Dayna.
I think it's also sad that a thread like this gets bumped to bring the danger of cagers and safety to light,
even to pay some respects to a fallen sister.....
only to have folks like cotter use it to dig on another poster.

But I try to remember.... some people just can't help them selves.
Imagine what kind of life creates that attitude. Very sad indeed.

I get random women asking for pillion all the time. Wtf?
Wonder if they'd ask if I had a van?

Oh drinks.... they sell an aftermarket seat vibrator just like what you described.
HD has the patent on potato, potato, potato, potato.
 cotter
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2015 7:13:31 PM
Dayna ... I don't know if a member died or not ... not able to confirm.

I note Message 175 wants to admonish me for mentioning some ignorance from Message 170 ... but doesn't admonish the guy in Message 170 for doing "whatever" with the "stupid women" he manages to pick up ... and also not showing respect to a fallen sister.

Hey Message 175 ... where are your respects to a fallen sister?

All you really managed to do was attempt to "reprimand"?

Wonder if they'd ask if I had a van?
Barf ...
 purplerider1200
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2015 10:22:30 PM
That's news to me, and I've ridden for 45 years.

I agree whole-heartedly on the cycle-therapy moniker. I don't know where I'd be if I didn't ride. Drugs/alcohol? A very high probability in my case. I might even be dead. The bike took me away from most of life's disappointments. They still do. For some, a ride is to a destination. Mine, is when I throw a leg over the saddle.

My choice of bikes will never be a girl getter. Honda Gold Wings never do. They are a bike to be comfortable on. Quiet, smooth. A rider's bike. I see the look I get when a woman asks what I ride, or sees me pull up on it. It's not a harley. I might as well have pulled up in a rusty Chevy P.O.S. Yeah, I know, I'm not a bad boy. I'm not tough. I'd like to see a harley rider do 800+ miles in one day, like I have. I've been asked to get a teaching credential, and teach others to ride. Not many ride 10,000+ miles every year like me. But if I taught, that would put a kink in how many miles I ride, and I don't want to stop.

Ride with me, I'll hand you a helmet first. You get to be safe, because I insist. I ride sober. Booze and two wheels doesn't mix. I don't do charity rides. Too many green riders. Nor do I sit at various rider hangouts. I'm a rider, not a poser. I don't like close calls, narrow misses, or riding stupid. Stupid Hurts. Nor do we do a fast ride. My bikes are fast, but I DON'T know how fast. I refuse to find out. I don't have a death wish.

I meet up with lots of fellow Wing riders late on warm nights, at about 3am. They know it's the time when riding is at it's best, like me. When we do, it's gas station coffee, and talk about being thousands of miles away from home. Riding the Dragon's Tail, the Million Dollar highway, Route 66, the Pacific Coast Highway. And how we rode there.

I ride to impress-me. Lots of things work in my life. Women, not so much. As much as you'd like to think, you're not such a hot commodity. Or an end all. I won't argue with you, or beg to be with you. I can offer a strong, secure, bond, and treat you fairly. You''ll be appreciated, and cared about.

I just won't beat myself to death trying to persuade you into knowing me.
 cotter
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2015 6:52:06 AM

My choice of bikes will never be a girl getter. Honda Gold Wings never do.
Don't be so sure.

In the late 60's, my boyfriend at that time rode a BMW ... that was a really nice quiet ride. We always used helmets but did some silly things ... like when he picked me up to go swimming and it was so hot outside I didn't bother to put anything over the bikini on the way to the lake. If we had taken a spill, that would have been a lot skin on the highway.

Later in life, I had a boyfriend who rode a Honda Gold Wing ... and it was very nice too. We had to bundle up my square dance petticoats and stuff them in the saddlebags. But that's not hard to do as we dancers have found all kinds of ways to travel with our "fluffy" costumes.

He was not the "show-off" type of rider and also had a helmet for me. It was equipped with an intercom so we could talk to each other while riding. I'll never forget riding just north of Columbus on the freeway ... it was an extremely warm evening and when we took this curve that was in a wooded area ... it felt like the temperature dropped 20 degrees and you could hear the locusts as if you were walking on a path in the woods at night. You don't get any of that driving around in a car with the A/C on.

Part of the pleasure of riding a quiet bike (for me) is to be able to enjoy nature closer up. Can't enjoy nature if the sound of the bike drives everything off a mile or two before you get there. That's a reason too that I ride my mountain bike ... I enjoy riding through the woods ... the scents of the blooming flowers and the evergreens ... and seeing the little animals ... brings back fond memories of camping.

I would rather ride on a quiet bike than the loud ones. Loud bikes don't impress me.
 StarClassic
Msg: 174
Posted: 5/16/2015 6:56:53 AM

Ride with me, I'll hand you a helmet first. You get to be safe, because I insist.

+1 PR, and if it's her first time riding with me there'll be 30+ minutes of parking lot drills thrown in.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2015 7:35:34 AM
cotter:

...You don't get any of that driving around in a car...

That's one of the biggest reasons why I like 'em. I get to be one with, and immersed in, the world I'm riding through.

StarClassic:

...if it's her first time riding with me there'll be 30+ minutes of parking lot drills thrown in.

I'm like that too. If it's a horse (cycle) that I haven't been on before, I take a minute to get to know it first. Where the controls are, how it's weight and balance feels. And for a new passenger, there's a speech about where the foot pegs are, how to rest your feet on them, how to lean or not lean into a turn or not assume what I'm going to do as the driver, how to not be caught unexpectedly by some acceleration cause you're not holding on, etc.

(One time when I was completely new to riding and I was on the back of a friend's horse and he was driving, we came to a Y in the road. We almost smacked straight into the middle barrier, because I assumed what he we going to do and leaned one way, but he was turning the other way. Then he'd react by going the other way, but I'd do the same by going opposite again. This went on about 4 times within the few seconds during the maneuver until we got our sh!t straight and he b!tched me out. I since learned that I do fine if a passenger just sits still in a turn and I can feel out whatever I need to do, and to do otherwise is really risky. I don't need them to do anything to make any turns, and all I need is for their weight to be predictable because they're relatively just sitting there and letting me have the prerogative to maneuver how I need to. I'd much rather do that than communicate before turns because I don't need them to do anything anyway.)

Kind of a note just for humor, but not only for humor - I once knew a woman who was very overweight. Not to say anything against her for her weight...but she really wanted for me to take her for cruises, and seemed so oblivious to just how big she was and the challenge it'd be for me - how very unsafe it'd be because her really being quite big: She truly couldn't even hardly get onto the thing. What eventually irked me is how she considered it to be inconsiderate of me or offensive. That she couldn't realize the real concern was so odd to me.

And once I had a friend who was over 300 lbs. He needed a ride somewhere, and I took him. We'd pull up to stop signs and red lights, and he'd just sit there with his feet up like everything was dreamy and not care what it took for me to give him his ride. I mentioned that when we stop he needs to put his damned feet down and be responsible for his own weight since it was so much and I'm sitting there struggling with it like his slave or something...and he acted like it was such an inconvenience to him. He'd "just gotten comfortable on the seat and it was putting him out so much to have to put his feet back down" when I was carting his big arse around town. Dumbazz.

Anywho...I feel this is too off-topic, so I apologize.
 StarClassic
Msg: 176
Posted: 5/16/2015 1:07:35 PM
Drink, I think you friend needed to be taught How to ride pillion. That or berated for fidgeting, f^cking off.
I've had gals ride P-pad that ranged from maybe 115 up to 240+.
The one little gal, 115, caused me to dump my EG doing parking lot drills. Radford's wife, 240+, I almost forgot she was back there. And that was her first time on a moto. We had a couple wobble bobble as she learned how to mount, but once she had it down it was smooth sailing. Granted, this was on my V Star, but it's all in how your pillion partner conducts themselves.

btw: Except for a short period when I was reeeeealy working at it, I haven't weighed over 146# most of my life. And I only put my left foot down at stops.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2015 3:22:42 PM
Then this won't get us back there. I love riding in the Ohio river valley! Have gotten lost down there many times. My trick, ride some curvy road, oh nuts I'm lost, Oh WHO CARES!
 cotter
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2015 3:46:48 PM
Thankfully, I'm not a "heavy-weight" and the guys I ride with thoroughly enjoy that I just get close and hold on to them.

I'm relaxed and whatever motion their body takes, so does mine. All the guys I've ever ridden with have complimented me on being a great passenger.,

I just love the quiet bikes.
 StarClassic
Msg: 179
Posted: 5/16/2015 4:42:19 PM

Thankfully, I'm not a "heavy-weight" and the guys I ride with thoroughly enjoy that I just get close and hold on to them.

I'm relaxed and whatever motion their body takes, so does mine. All the guys I've ever ridden with have complimented me on being a great passenger.,

Sounds like you have sense enough to keep yourself aligned with the machine (spine parallel to the rear tire). I'd be a happy camper. The only people needing to lean, or shift weight, are the superbike racers. Keeping yourself centered on the machine gives the primary (driver) a predictable weight, balance and centrifugal force ratio. A motorcycle tire has a tremendous amount of grip, even at what Seems to be extreme lean angles.

I just love the quiet bikes.

You might not like my Kate (V Star), she has a bit of throaty growl. Not obnoxious loud, just throaty.
 gtomustang
Msg: 180
Posted: 5/16/2015 10:42:14 PM
why do some ladies enjoy the ride of a V Twin? b/c many of them vibrate at 33 megacycles, the rate of a washing machine. Its why Harleys got the handle "Milwaukee vibrator".

Used to ride a 1973 Honda 4 cylinder. Got to know which Harley owners in full leathers were the lawyers--they were the ones returning the low wave using all of their fingers :)

never bothered with a passenger, tho. the idea of a motorcycle is to leave the BS behind :) lol. Seriously, tho, some of the custom hardtails I've seen done, I wouldn't want more than 100lbs on the 'pad sitting on the rear fender, either. wouldn't want to trust sheetmetal and a thin chromed pipe to hold up to 1oolbs + bouncing out of a pothole at speed. that pad seat seems like an artistic afterthought.

a king and queen seat, however...seems like they get engineered to actually get used.

not shocked about the GoldWing comments. They attract a certain type of rider, just like Hayabusas. and like a Chevy, its normal to see one looking well-used, not well-waxed.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >