Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > people who are listed as non smokers who don't do drugs yet use marij      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 51
people who are listed as non smokers who don't do drugs yet use marijuanaPage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I can't see a person admitting this to a stranger, as it is illegal. The aren't required to confess private things before a first meet & neither are you.
Personally, I think it should be legal. Drunk ppl can be violent, but pot smokers are mellow, just want to eat & go to sleep. I'd rather deal with a pot smoker over a drunk.
 Siteseeingwme
Msg: 52
people who are listed as non smokers who don't do drugs yet use marijuana
Posted: 12/5/2012 9:42:14 PM
Simple! Plenty of Fish should add a new listing for Marijuana smoker, just like they do for alcohol drinkers, with listings of social, heavy, etc.
 KER6969
Msg: 53
Posted: 12/19/2012 10:16:52 AM
If they list themselves as non smokers and they do drugs including pot (I consider pot a drug yet druggies will argue that) then they are lying. Personally I pass up on drug users as I'm very against people abusing their bodies and living unhealthy lifestyles.
 giggles_4_free
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/19/2012 10:51:10 AM
Do to a personal issue that I have against it I ask within the first few emails. I don't care if it hurt their little feelings. You stated on your profile you don't do drugs as of right now in the USA marijuana is a drug in 47 States so it should be listed as yes. Not my problem if you don't want to admit it on POF but you should be be telling a potential date/partner that you do.

And I read a couple responses and one from you saying you aren't going to ask in every e-mail you receive, why not? If you don't like it and its a possibility he does it why not know from the start then to get to know him better and have it be an issue later. You are making this harder than it has to be.
 Tek_Savvy
Msg: 55
Posted: 12/19/2012 11:05:29 AM
Alcohol, coffee, tea, watching tv, heck even food can be a drug. Oh let's not forget love lol
 greatblah
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2012 1:25:03 AM
I'M JACKED UP ON MOUNTAIN DEW!
 Walts
Msg: 57
Posted: 12/20/2012 4:15:33 AM

YOU get the "uhhh... yeah." The fact that states have passed laws that contradict federal law does not prevent one from getting arrested for that behavior within the borders of the state.

Correct. In fact, your DEA "believes" that they are so "right" in their laws they come into other countries and charge people who sell SEEDS. Your goverment is phucked in their thinking and their law making. Don't think so???? What TYPE of gun do YOU have in YOUR house??????

Personally I pass up on drug users as I'm very against people abusing their bodies and living unhealthy lifestyles.

How's the wine???? I mean really. You live in one of the most toxic areas I have ever been and pour poison into your body,yet find the time to talk about "unhealthy"???????? Yes, I find that whole line of growth along Lake Ontario as toxic. I get the heebie jeebies just driving on the 401, and actually get physically sick if I'm there for more than a couple of hours.

What IS the definiton of "unhealthy" anyways??????
 NonamousDog
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/20/2012 9:42:52 AM
Just for the record, you don't have to smoke cannabis. Some people bake it into brownies, etc., and I have heard of people soaking hemp in their favorite liquor for a few weeks before drinking it, so it is possible to 'do' marijuana and not be a 'smoker'.
 BertDCaveman
Msg: 59
Posted: 12/20/2012 10:19:29 AM
I admit I smoke but am not 420 friendly. And won't date anyone who is it's my preference And I have ended a date when they have let me know. It is a drug just like alcohol. I put in my profile that I smoke and drink to let people know.

If you are 420 friendly but don't mark "use Drugs" then in simple terms your lying. Just my point of view
 Walts
Msg: 60
Posted: 12/20/2012 2:50:35 PM

It is a drug just like alcohol. I put in my profile that I smoke and drink to let people know.

If you are 420 friendly but don't mark "use Drugs" then in simple terms your lying. Just my point of view

By your OWN words than, would you "define" yourself as a "liar"??????

Just to clarify. You say you drink. You tell us dope is just like alchohol, a drug. Yet, there on your very own profile, you say you don't "do drugs"?????

Boy, people are getting funnier and funnier everyday. Or is it that I'm laughing at more and more things nowadays???? Gotta be the puffs. Gotta be.
 111Richard
Msg: 61
Posted: 12/20/2012 4:59:56 PM
yes , i see your dilema and your right people should not show up for a date drunk or blitzed out , its not proper , and you would think a date is a very important prospect , so yeah its wrong to show up like that , and if so at least find a date that would welcome that , or be the same anyway
 thre
Msg: 62
Posted: 12/20/2012 10:00:10 PM
hay give me a call me straight as no drugs no anything else just few beers
 thre
Msg: 63
Posted: 12/20/2012 10:04:35 PM
hay dont mind if you eat off the plate he give yer fingers before nives folks ay
 matt051177
Msg: 64
Posted: 12/21/2012 11:46:34 AM
So long as telling the truth is optional—and it always will be on dating sites—the “habits” filters are counter-productive at best, and completely useless at worst.

This online dating stuff is tough, on that I think we can all agree. In light of that, it boggles my mind to imagine that people would willingly and summarily blind themselves to entire chunks of the candidate pool, based on such incidental criteria.

To all you who are proclaiming success by weeding out candidates in such a reductive and superficial fashion, I’d suggest the success has happened in spite of your approach, not because of it.

When I signed up, I initially had a filter against smoking on my profile, mostly because I’m a non-smoker and I didn’t really give it much thought. Then I realized how many women I’ve met over the years who are completely amazing people, even though they happen to smoke. It’s not a vice I’d choose in a partner, but I quickly realized how silly it was to shut that whole section of the population out before they even had the chance to sell me on other aspects of their being—you know, little things like looks, personality, sense of humor, brains, and charm.

Why not let the conversation flow first, then, if the person is interesting and it seems like it’s worth the energy to dig deeper, ask the relevant questions directly? You might find a person who is an absolutely incredible match for you in just about every imaginable way, despite the fact that--*gasp*--they smoke pot twice a month. Why not give them the chance to explain their stance on the matter so that you may make decisions based on nuanced information, rather than in a hardline yes/no fashion? Heck, I’ve known lots of people over the years who smoked once in a while out of a take-it-or-leave-it “hey I’m single, why not?” mentality, then completely gave it up when they found the right partner.

When you consider how many facets there are to any given human being, which all add up to make some kind of unique whole, it would seem silly to conclusively define a person by a single lifestyle characteristic, yet that’s what you’re doing with filters. Some have enough of a deep-seeded and petty intolerance for people who are unlike themselves in very specific ways that they use the filters as a means of sign-posting their personal beliefs and boldly sticking the finger to those who differ. It’s the same mentality that drives people to plaster their shitty Cavaliers with obnoxious political bumper stickers that seek to demean people with opposing views on social issues like abortion or gay marriage.

Don’t get me wrong, I totally understand why a hardcore stoner, drunk, or smoker would be undesirable. But therein lies the fallacy of filters—they inherently drop everybody into one of just two possible categories, which is a woefully inaccurate way to model reality. Not everybody who partakes in those things does so in the same way—it’s a continuously varying spectrum, and personally, I’d rather take the large view of a person and judge based on that, rather than let some automated system make snap decisions on my behalf.

I’m not trying to change anybody’s mind—if having a fascist filter-bot keep a watchful eye over your precious profile makes you feel righteously warm and fuzzy, by all means, have at it. I’m just offering a counterpoint to what most are saying in this thread.
 WNYmanToo
Msg: 65
Posted: 3/25/2014 2:11:43 PM
barefootkitten.....

You're trying to convince people that filters are ridiculous. I don't give a rat's azz if you, or anyone else, wants to smoke pot. I do, however, care that people IN MY LIFE not do it because it makes me ill.

So it doesn't matter then if EVERYONE in your life smoked some pot, yesterday, when they weren't around you, and there was no chance of you becoming ill?
 rosewood_girl
Msg: 66
Posted: 3/25/2014 2:35:32 PM
Heavy use of pot is just as much as a turn off as heavy use of alcohol.
 WNYmanToo
Msg: 67
Posted: 3/25/2014 2:40:31 PM

I once read somewhere where it has at least 3 times the nicotine than a cigarette!

And you believed it?

Marijuana has no nicotine. I wouldn't open with that.

(Sorry........it's just one of my pet peeves. Everyone has their opinions, and reasons they have them, but when many of the reasons are just 'wrong', or just so off-the-cuff they are hard to believe, I immediately file everything that preceded and follows in the round file cabinet....like when someone opens with 'from the start, the Obama plan was to sink the US and make everyone dependent on the government'. At that point, I don't expect anything intelligent to come out of their mouth. I have absolutely no problem, what-so-ever, with anyone having their own opinions, that may or may not differ from mine, however, I'll have zero respect for you (and not you specifically) and put zero value on your opinions, if they are easily shown to be wrong with a 3 second search for information.....and.....you, not you specifically, STILL repeat the same wrong info over and over again, even now knowing it's wrong. I realize that yours was just a passing comment, and not you arguing whole-heartedly like some do (with incorrect facts, misinformation, and sensationalism).)
 KidInTheHall
Msg: 68
Posted: 3/25/2014 2:59:15 PM
I see quite a few profiles that post they're "420 friendly". You could just put "NOT 420 friendly"
 ryuoki
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2014 7:57:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWhUqo9Aivs

As far as legal in some states, this is the UNITED STATES of America. This country was founded on the principals that each state, though being part of a union is still in fact sovereign.

State it like the guy above suggested, "NOT 420 friendly" and that could steer some of those guys away from your profile. I know on another site there is a drop down menu listed with smoking that isn't as cut and dry as PoF with Yes/No. But it included a Socially option as well. Now when I see social smoker I do not begin to assume they are a toker, or just smoke around other smokers. I prefer to discover that at a meet up (like a meet could really happen). Some people drink socially, and though they quit consistent smoking might occasionally bum one. That would be me. I rarely smoke a cigarette and it is nice once in awhile to be reminded of why I quit... usually when I am around a bunch of smokers and drinking. But as far as day to day is concerned I am a non smoker.
 activemelaney
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2014 9:07:45 AM
I have never smoked or did any illegal substance. An absolute deal breaker for me. I like men who have embraced healthy lifestyle in the past as well as today. It's an attitude in them that I find attractive. Sexy is cycling, hiking...healthy food choices. Nothing to do with legal or illegal. They choose an orange over a donut. They don't use marijuana to relieve stress or whatever...they go for a run or throw a frisbee around.

Westernguy
Msg: 71
Posted: 3/28/2014 9:12:30 AM

I like men who have embraced healthy lifestyle in the past as well as today. It's an attitude in them that I find attractive. Sexy is cycling,hiking...healthy food choices. Nothing to do with legal or illegal. They choose an orange over a donut. They don't use marijuana to relieve stress or whatever...they go for a run or throw a frisbee around.

I feel almost exactly the same way except that I wouldn't mind if she indulged with some sort of treat sometimes since that's how I am .

Moderation is the key to the fun but naughty stuff, whatever that may be.

Westernguy
 activemelaney
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2014 9:34:14 AM
I was thinking about the hiking Meet Ups my boyfriend and I attend. There must have 100 people we now know by first name. Everyone is out enjoying the physical activity, Nature, etc. we have potlucks (excuse the pun) dinners afterwards, etc. Nobody has ever smoked anything...not a cigarette, no mention of marijuana or any other drug. I personally would have zero idea where to get marijuana and doubt if most my friends would. It's just not part of our circle. Yes, we tend to be well educated...professionals, etc. so perhaps this issue is partly to do one's social group. Smoking, marijuana are just frowned upon and have the 'yucky' impact of someone being irresponsible or a loser.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 73
Posted: 3/28/2014 11:06:44 AM
I have never smoked or did any illegal substance.

Me neither.

They don't use marijuana to relieve stress or whatever...

Me neither.

They choose an orange over a donut.

OK, now you've gone too far.

What about a donut with orange icing?
 activemelaney
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2014 2:14:38 PM
^^^

Ha, ha

Ok, I'll lick off the orange icing....eat the hole in the donut and feed the rest to the birds.

People with healthy lifestyles are attracted to those with the same. Yes, there's 'degrees' of a healthy lifestyle and everyone has their own particulars when it comes to diet, exercise, etc. What is similar is that it is not a 'chore'....one doesn't feel they are missing something by not smoking anything. It's just not part of my personal culture or part of our mindset.

People who live a poor lifestyle often hide behind some weird denial that one can't be both healthy and happy. They seek out those with similar issues so that they can reinforce their denial. Dopeheads sitting around extolling the virtues of marijuana or some other drug. Smokers bragging how grandpa drank scotch, smoke a pack a day and lived to be 95. They hide behind a false facade that they would prefer to have their vices than be miserable. The irony is that those without the vices are far from miserable and lead more productive rewarding lives.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2014 4:57:36 AM

I was thinking about the hiking Meet Ups my boyfriend and I attend. There must have 100 people we now know by first name. Everyone is out enjoying the physical activity, Nature, etc. we have potlucks (excuse the pun) dinners afterwards, etc. Nobody has ever smoked anything...not a cigarette, no mention of marijuana or any other drug. I personally would have zero idea where to get marijuana and doubt if most my friends would. It's just not part of our circle. Yes, we tend to be well educated...professionals, etc. so perhaps this issue is partly to do one's social group. Smoking, marijuana are just frowned upon and have the 'yucky' impact of someone being irresponsible or a loser.

You must be young. Young people in groups often display the characteristic of intense blind loyalty to their clique, and ascribe positive traits to everyone in the group universally, as though the fact that they congregate at all, CAUSES righteousness.

I just note that statements exactly like this, have been made about "wonderful, perfect" cliques of people over and over again, and every single time, it was later proved that the membership was infested with some OTHER horrible trait or another. They didn't do drugs, but they were elitist snobs, who promptly discarded any members who came to be in need of help; or they never smoke or drank to excess, but they screwed around with each others mates and lied to their own. Back in the 80's, there was a huge surge in a set of "superior" people who all joined together to look down their long noses at all the "hippies" and declared them to be "losers," just as you have. It turned out that they indeed didn't smoke ANYTHING, and were industrious, energetic, and very good at getting rich...money which they spent on maintaining their superior voracious energy, via snorting cocaine.

If nothing else, the fact that your group thinks they are better than everyone else, is proof that they are not.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > people who are listed as non smokers who don't do drugs yet use marijuana