Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > No Luck      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SwanLake73
Msg: 26
No LuckPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
oh did I stuff up again..
Bella >>!
 RorschachTM
Msg: 27
No Luck
Posted: 11/25/2012 3:42:46 PM
If any males are having bad luck so to speak, become a nurse, move closer to a major centre hospital...

and after all that you can not score... something is wrong with ya :p
 GuessWhat1964
Msg: 28
No Luck
Posted: 11/25/2012 11:18:53 PM
Effie,

I don't like bringing this up in a forum...but...my phone bill has come in. May I please have the 150 bucks I LENT you back before the end of the month.

PLEASE
 GuessWhat1964
Msg: 29
No Luck
Posted: 11/25/2012 11:21:01 PM
Swan Lake,

You can keep the money I gave you. You were just the best I ever had after I flashed the cash. The neighbours are still complaining about the noise. You were worth every penny.
 SwanLake73
Msg: 30
No Luck
Posted: 11/27/2012 4:19:44 AM
Swan Lake,

You can keep the money I gave you. You were just the best I ever had after I flashed the cash. The neighbours are still complaining about the noise. You were worth every penny

Awesome.

So meanwhile I remember the neighbours complaing (or where they applauding) , but remember never ever accept cash on dates.. *facepalm
 GuessWhat1964
Msg: 31
No Luck
Posted: 11/28/2012 2:32:36 AM
Retraction:

Effie had never taken a cent off me either. I was just joking, but some may have taken it out of context.

I think Effie is one in a million.

Cheers Effie,

Edward
 Robert
Msg: 32
No Luck
Posted: 11/28/2012 10:24:39 PM
Its just getting beyond the joke just because im a volunteer fire fighter and work a casual job doesnt mean the women who are looking for someone genuine can say thanks but no thanks without even giving me a chance to prove myself
 Hilly02
Msg: 33
No Luck
Posted: 11/28/2012 10:41:04 PM
^^^Actually...yes they can. They can say anything they want to you and don't actually even have to say thanks!
Its the way of the net.
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 34
No Luck
Posted: 11/28/2012 11:12:09 PM
I didn't bother reading all the replies so what I'm going to say has probably been said.

OP, for every woman, there would be around 20 guys hitting them up. So you pretty much have to be better than them other 20 guys.

So don't be surprised if you're having trouble. You're not the only one on the boat.
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 35
No Luck
Posted: 11/28/2012 11:12:57 PM

We do all the work, they just sit back and watch the messages pour in

There is a strong element of truth in that lol
 Hilly02
Msg: 36
No Luck
Posted: 11/30/2012 10:59:42 PM
Just a hint.....if you write and get no answer......don't write again...and again....and again. Looking like a f*cktard is worse then having no luck :-)
 gingerosity
Msg: 37
view profile
History
No Luck
Posted: 12/1/2012 7:05:35 PM
There are 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 atoms in a human body and 300,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the 13,750,000,000 year old universe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IVqMXPFYwI&feature=endscreen&NR=1

We have just this one fleeting moment to breathe in the wonder that surrounds us. Appreciating the beauty in ourselves, our fellow beings, our planet and our universe requires no luck or returned messages.
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 38
No Luck
Posted: 12/12/2012 9:07:39 PM
In all fairness there does seem to be plenty of uppity women cruising around these dating sites who expect men to make tremendous strides in proving their self worth to them while these women think they don't have to make any such effort in proving themselves, they just have to simply be women with a few random unoriginal lines in their profiles and emails and through general conversation in real life.
 kippersdiscreet
Msg: 39
No Luck
Posted: 12/12/2012 9:37:40 PM
I suggest you go on a 6mth fishing trip whilst you wait lols

The responses are few and far between around here
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 40
No Luck
Posted: 12/12/2012 11:55:49 PM

maybe the girls are sick of whinney b!tches that cry all day about not get'n any..

Now come on, we have constant feminism that's aim is to overturn anything possible looking for anything to complain about.

If women were in this position of dating, what makes you think there wouldn't also be complaining? Not to mention, probably a lot worse when considering the endless intensity of feminism.

When a male complains about male issues, shudap shudap shudap lol
 SwanLake73
Msg: 41
No Luck
Posted: 12/13/2012 5:23:26 PM
6 weeks recovery after a vaginoplasty.....
3 months after a recreated female virginity..
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 42
No Luck
Posted: 12/14/2012 4:36:33 PM
The typical type of profiles we see from chicks in this site.

No, I don't want a P plater/ sugar daddy/ dwarf /seedy messages...Or a free photo shoot, thanks.

Call me picky.

It's saying I need too write more.. So here's me writing more. I want to meet someone I have chemistry with.

So umm how are men supposed to know if she has the right chemistry when she says absolutely nothing about herself?

She expects men to make effort in sending her an email (with nothing to go by to start conversation regarding her profile) when she's not giving men even the slightest tiny hint of what her chemistry is that she offers.

So men are expected to make copious amounts of effort in making an above average, extra interesting, email from just looking at her profile picture as her profile is useless in explaining what she has to offer as a person.

She claims to be picky, yet expects men to be interested in her by just a picture and nothing else.

Gotta larf!

Plenty of female profiles are similar to this. Than others just have a few random lines that consist something totally unoriginal. Like ummm, I like this and that type of movie, I like to hang out in this or that type of place, I'm looking for a decent man, no one night stands blah blah blah. There is no uniqueness or clear indication of who they exactly are.

But men are expected to be ultra expressive and creative so that they can make themselves stand out in the crowd. Because ya know, these women aren't easy, they are picky, that's the trend with being a woman in dating. Women don't want to be seen as being cheap and easy. A man would be deemed as an idiot if he expected women to be easy.

But as plenty of women show in these sites, they expect men to be easy by judging what effort they put in.

Many women complain about men only wanting one thing and yet only provide a picture of themselves with a few random lines that hardly says anything about who they are. No wonder why they get men who do approach them with only one thing on their mind. They can also blame themselves for this as much as we can blame men who do it.
 kmac6
Msg: 43
view profile
History
No Luck
Posted: 12/14/2012 5:06:38 PM
Sorry my dear but unless you have changed your profile since I last read it, I expect you are barking up the wrong tree. And by the way why should us women have anything less than self respect for ourselves? And do yourself a favour and not jump on the 'femminism' box again. It quite simply has nothing to do with it.
The only thing I can agree with you on is that perhaps some profiles could include a little more information on who they are but then this goes for both genders.
 gingerosity
Msg: 44
view profile
History
No Luck
Posted: 12/14/2012 5:11:10 PM
@tiemeup: Superficial people are superficial.
 tinapenny
Msg: 45
No Luck
Posted: 12/14/2012 7:04:16 PM
msg 56 - I think I've said this before but a profile that says nothing/very little about the fish is saying quite a lot if you think about it. Its possibly saying they aren't very comfortable with literacy or that they cant be bothered. If it contains just a run of the mill list of info as suggested by the guidelines, then it shows that they dont have much imagination.

It possibly hasn't occurred to you but an ordinary person who likes keeping house, watching a bit of telly and isn't that fussed with literacy is probably a great person if you get to know them and might make a better partner than someone who can write an awesome profile but is otherwise an emotional retard. I'm convinced that internet dating highlights characteristics that wouldn't be so important in face to face meetings.
 gingerosity
Msg: 46
view profile
History
No Luck
Posted: 12/14/2012 9:33:03 PM
Some people appreciate profiles that say much about who that person is and how they think, and others don't care about it. So some guys fawn over women with nice pictures and no content and this has led to some trends and stereotypes concerning gender roles in internet dating. Trends and stereotypes only describe averages in conceptual entities we label as groups, but the key point is groups don't act; individuals do.

Talking about trends and conceptual entities is a fine way to pass the time, but how YOU act is the only thing you can really change. As Gandhi would say, "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 47
No Luck
Posted: 12/14/2012 9:37:21 PM

And do yourself a favour and not jump on the 'femminism' box again. It quite simply has nothing to do with it.

People find this kind of profile boring and then smack a FEMINIST label on the way internet dating works?

I'm not blaming feminism or putting feminist labels on women who do this. I suggest you reread what I said in the other post when I mentioned feminism before making these assumptions.

I just simply mentioned it earlier in this thread to point out that feminism is so quick to jump up and down over any inequality where it's not in favour of women and this will be given a social pass. But whenever men complain about issues that men face, it's considered as whining, end of story.
 kmac6
Msg: 48
view profile
History
No Luck
Posted: 12/17/2012 4:02:53 PM
I dunno what the stats are on femminists but I just cannot see the majority of women running around beating their chests and yelling "HEAR ME ROAR".
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 49
No Luck
Posted: 12/17/2012 10:46:33 PM

I dunno what the stats are on femminists but I just cannot see the majority of women running around beating their chests and yelling "HEAR ME ROAR".

I never said the majority of women did.

Let's put it this way. We all know about slutwalk, right?

This was stemmed from one police officer in canada who was misinterpreted by feminists, then it all became an international explosion in multiple countries with 1000s of people protesting and it being considered important.

For what? Just because one police officer said this or that? All of this jumping up and down in multiple countries from 1000s of people which still prevails each year.

So this isn't considered as "whining" but when men simply complain on an internet forum, it all the sudden is.

What a laugh. We have a long way to go yet with equality when it comes to having equal standards of men and women complaining about gender issues.
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 50
No Luck
Posted: 12/18/2012 2:54:33 AM
When I mentioned feminism, I didn't intend it to hijack the topic or make it the new topic of this thread. I just simply mentioned it in regards of dynamics when it comes to "whining".

Then you and another person carried on with the "feminism" topic which inclined me to say more about where I am coming from when I mentioned feminism to begin with.

it seems double standards are at play here and a underlying misogynist tone

Feel free to explain how and why?

I will laugh at you for not having a reply and I would also laugh at your poor attempt in trying to do so as there is no misogyny here at all.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > No Luck