Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > No Luck      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kmac6
Msg: 43
view profile
History
No LuckPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Sorry my dear but unless you have changed your profile since I last read it, I expect you are barking up the wrong tree. And by the way why should us women have anything less than self respect for ourselves? And do yourself a favour and not jump on the 'femminism' box again. It quite simply has nothing to do with it.
The only thing I can agree with you on is that perhaps some profiles could include a little more information on who they are but then this goes for both genders.
 gingerosity
Msg: 44
view profile
History
No Luck
Posted: 12/14/2012 5:11:10 PM
@tiemeup: Superficial people are superficial.
 tinapenny
Msg: 45
No Luck
Posted: 12/14/2012 7:04:16 PM
msg 56 - I think I've said this before but a profile that says nothing/very little about the fish is saying quite a lot if you think about it. Its possibly saying they aren't very comfortable with literacy or that they cant be bothered. If it contains just a run of the mill list of info as suggested by the guidelines, then it shows that they dont have much imagination.

It possibly hasn't occurred to you but an ordinary person who likes keeping house, watching a bit of telly and isn't that fussed with literacy is probably a great person if you get to know them and might make a better partner than someone who can write an awesome profile but is otherwise an emotional retard. I'm convinced that internet dating highlights characteristics that wouldn't be so important in face to face meetings.
 gingerosity
Msg: 46
view profile
History
No Luck
Posted: 12/14/2012 9:33:03 PM
Some people appreciate profiles that say much about who that person is and how they think, and others don't care about it. So some guys fawn over women with nice pictures and no content and this has led to some trends and stereotypes concerning gender roles in internet dating. Trends and stereotypes only describe averages in conceptual entities we label as groups, but the key point is groups don't act; individuals do.

Talking about trends and conceptual entities is a fine way to pass the time, but how YOU act is the only thing you can really change. As Gandhi would say, "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 47
No Luck
Posted: 12/14/2012 9:37:21 PM

And do yourself a favour and not jump on the 'femminism' box again. It quite simply has nothing to do with it.

People find this kind of profile boring and then smack a FEMINIST label on the way internet dating works?

I'm not blaming feminism or putting feminist labels on women who do this. I suggest you reread what I said in the other post when I mentioned feminism before making these assumptions.

I just simply mentioned it earlier in this thread to point out that feminism is so quick to jump up and down over any inequality where it's not in favour of women and this will be given a social pass. But whenever men complain about issues that men face, it's considered as whining, end of story.
 kmac6
Msg: 48
view profile
History
No Luck
Posted: 12/17/2012 4:02:53 PM
I dunno what the stats are on femminists but I just cannot see the majority of women running around beating their chests and yelling "HEAR ME ROAR".
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 49
No Luck
Posted: 12/17/2012 10:46:33 PM

I dunno what the stats are on femminists but I just cannot see the majority of women running around beating their chests and yelling "HEAR ME ROAR".

I never said the majority of women did.

Let's put it this way. We all know about slutwalk, right?

This was stemmed from one police officer in canada who was misinterpreted by feminists, then it all became an international explosion in multiple countries with 1000s of people protesting and it being considered important.

For what? Just because one police officer said this or that? All of this jumping up and down in multiple countries from 1000s of people which still prevails each year.

So this isn't considered as "whining" but when men simply complain on an internet forum, it all the sudden is.

What a laugh. We have a long way to go yet with equality when it comes to having equal standards of men and women complaining about gender issues.
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 50
No Luck
Posted: 12/18/2012 2:54:33 AM
When I mentioned feminism, I didn't intend it to hijack the topic or make it the new topic of this thread. I just simply mentioned it in regards of dynamics when it comes to "whining".

Then you and another person carried on with the "feminism" topic which inclined me to say more about where I am coming from when I mentioned feminism to begin with.

it seems double standards are at play here and a underlying misogynist tone

Feel free to explain how and why?

I will laugh at you for not having a reply and I would also laugh at your poor attempt in trying to do so as there is no misogyny here at all.
 greyingred
Msg: 51
view profile
History
No Luck
Posted: 12/18/2012 4:22:58 AM
*has the last word, walks out of the dungeon and locks the door*

classic...hope you've thrown away the key...however contrary to perceived discipline as negative this unfortunately will make the prisoner ecstatic with joy.

Sadly methinks one will have no luck.
 RorschachTM
Msg: 52
No Luck
Posted: 12/19/2012 10:48:52 AM
Goodbye horses~ I am flying over you~

*dances with caves*

now I have kind of creeped myself out...
 kmac6
Msg: 53
view profile
History
No Luck
Posted: 12/19/2012 11:49:32 AM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ....ahhhh Caves that was a classic!!!! My most favourite lines in the movie too.
 RorschachTM
Msg: 54
No Luck
Posted: 12/20/2012 12:49:45 AM
would you **** caves?

I'd **** caves... I'd **** caves hard...
 SwanLake73
Msg: 55
No Luck
Posted: 12/20/2012 2:39:53 AM
Do we have to answer that question Rorschach? (tm)
 kmac6
Msg: 56
view profile
History
No Luck
Posted: 12/20/2012 1:54:46 PM
Either that or flapping his wings around the room. lol.. Might watch that movie again tonight.

Note... After date last night no 5. will be struck off the "list" !!!
 RorschachTM
Msg: 57
No Luck
Posted: 12/22/2012 2:56:07 AM
Well Caves... you know what they say about male nurses :P
 lok
Msg: 58
No Luck
Posted: 12/22/2012 4:40:40 AM
funny how OP was curious about not getting replies.. ive been here , going on 7 years ( i think ) and have been on 1 date , we went out for about 6 months but it ended. Still good friends , dont chat often , but friends none the less....

I must admit i dont send out too many messages , and most of them are just to say i like their profile/photos , no intention to date , just giving praise to a well written or funny one.

Online dating is getting harder... after so much time , you still see the same faces , just older.

Do they still organise the bike rides in brissy? social gatherings i found are a great way to meet face to face , and get to know the other person/people much , much better.

p.s i organised the first brissy ride and dinner outing ( greenbank RSL if anyone remembers ), just getting in before someone else says they did and tries to steal my 1 act of glory lol
 peony-rose
Msg: 59
No Luck
Posted: 1/1/2013 1:19:39 AM
Perhaps some men need to think before they send a first message???

To quote the weirdest one I've received so far:

"I'd like to make like Alice and lay you out on a bed to explore your wonderland".

Seriously ... wouldn't most women automatically hit delete? I did - then thought about it and wrote back asking, "does this sort of sleazy comment usually work for you?"

He replied, "Um... actually no it doesn't. What would you suggest?" Then I deleted him.

No wonder some guys have no luck here. First impressions count - think before you write guys.
 caribbeancharles
Msg: 60
No Luck
Posted: 1/1/2013 11:46:15 PM
The main problem for guys on this site is that they "approach" women online that they wouldn't in real life, women love a confident man and this does and will come across in the way you describe yourself even down to the words you use.

So my advice is to not use this as a way to substitute "game" if you wouldn't say hello to her or any many of vulgar things men say on here and think are acceptable face to face don't use it online.

Don't be average, if you want to pull an above average woman don't be like every other man on here, don't afraid to be different and be REAL don't be another tatted up motorbike riding fake "Bad Boy" to "impress and attract" women, don't forget initial attraction only gets you so far and when your fake its even worse.

So Men, don't complain about women not messaging you back if your life and the way you present yourself isn't tight, get some confidence in real life, before you get online, and please learn to value yourselves.
 Somehungarianguy
Msg: 61
No Luck
Posted: 1/5/2013 1:02:50 AM
I'm always me on this site, my messages to girls will always involve a bit of humour but also just be myself, and nice! But my opinion is the amount of sleezebags talking dirty all the time to girls, scares most of them off. So more often than not, rather than get a reply, most won't even read the email, just delete it because they expect the worst. I've seen a few messages get labelled as 'unread and deleted'

My question though, do girls actually send out inital messages at all?
They can show some initiative too i think.
 Hilly02
Msg: 62
No Luck
Posted: 1/5/2013 4:53:58 PM

My question though, do girls actually send out inital messages at all?

Yep.....I did and the rest is history...that was nearly 2 years ago now :-)

In my opinion, I think women do send out first emails but they only do it to someone they are genuinely interested in. Men seem more likely to send out mass emails hoping to get a reply or send smut or nastiness to someone they know they dont stand a chance with.
 peony-rose
Msg: 63
No Luck
Posted: 1/6/2013 4:21:21 AM
I've been told that lots of men use the "Machine Gun Approach" to sending out messages to women. A random scattered mass email approach in the hope that something will work and they will get a reply. Is that true guys?
 LoveSoulLife
Msg: 64
No Luck
Posted: 1/7/2013 8:54:30 PM
We have to remember that the main selling point on this site is our profile pics, I personally read profiles but how many others do?

I'm having awful luck other then a gorgeous guy i have made a life long friend with. But i send messages to guys all the time being myself (which i wont change because that's who they will be getting, me!) and there has been so many guys who don't reply, no respect in how they reply and down right mean ass replies. Dude we are all here for the same thing (well that is also debatable) but people need to start realising if we were super models we would be in hollywood not on pof... i think standards around here can sometimes be very delusional.

I'm not thin at the moment and that seems to automatically mean desperate around these dating sites (which i do find humorous in a poor small minded people kind of way) ... but I can guarantee I wont jump on some dude because he is to die for hot but can't string 2 words together, such a turn off.

Chin up sweet. They say all good things happen to those who wait ;) Just don't let the trash around here bring you down.. they are not worth a second thought ;)
 GoTigers87
Msg: 67
No Luck
Posted: 2/1/2013 8:01:11 PM
Thanks to everyone who has put thier thoughts on here. Much appreciated. It's a been a while since I replied to this thread that I made roughly 2 months ago or so.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Cheers.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > No Luck