Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Fun over 45... it happens      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rainforestmermaid
Msg: 23
Fun over 45... it happensPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
There were rules??? No one told me about the rules. Other's will always have expectations of us which don't fit into who we are. Best thing has always been to listen politely...and do what we think is right for us. If all we thought about were other's opinions of us we would never fulfill any of our dreams. I graduated with a degree 2 years ago. Joined the military 5 years ago. It does seem to take some people a very long time to learn they have to follow their own path not the path others would choose for them...but good for you OP for finally letting go :)
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 24
Fun over 45... it happens
Posted: 11/20/2012 10:33:22 PM
There were rules??? No one told me about the rules ..... I Joined the military 5 years ago

That's funny... someone who suggests they don't know about rules or maybe that they only like following thier own rules who chooses to work in the military which IMO has got to me one of the most structured work environments you can find. Personally I have never had enough patience to paint inside the lines set by someone else to be able to handle that sort of work environment for an extended period of time.
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/20/2012 10:58:41 PM
My youngest son is in the Navy. He was one of those extreme sports guys..MMA,.mountian biking, rock climbing on cliffs, surfing, etc. and was never much for rules, but he has moved up the ranks and loves Navy life. The regs, as he calls them, are not the fun part of his job, but he has seen a lot of the world, dived from the side of an aircraft carrier, jumped from planes, gets to be a marksman and workout daily, etc. He's having a blast. I wish I would have been eligible to join the military with him but I missed the age cut off. I think Rainforest is one lucky lady...she is following her bliss. And from your photos, looks like you are too, Dino....this time of life, no matter what you do with it, is fabulous fun.
 stellavixen
Msg: 26
Posted: 11/22/2012 10:10:41 AM
A couple of months ago I took my 18 and 20 yr old kids to a big water park. I kept pace with them and had a blast. Needless to say, I had aches and pains the next day but it was well worth it. They were surprised I could keep up.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 27
Posted: 11/25/2012 6:01:48 PM
A couple of months ago I took my 18 and 20 yr old kids to a big water park. I kept pace with them and had a blast. Needless to say, I had aches and pains the next day but it was well worth it. They were surprised I could keep up.

Some kids in thier late teens and early 20's are so badly out of shape - too much computer time and not enough exercise I guess. I am not saying this applies to your kids in particular but your post made me think of this.

I often pass them while out cycling or hiking to do some skiing out of bounds - some of them look like they are going to pass out from overexercion. The only excuse I will accept for thier lack of apparent fitness would be severely hung over.
 2FunCoco
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/26/2012 2:54:52 PM
Good ahead pull your skirt up because you know what to do and what not to do now! Besides we are not getting any younger and the age clock will not stop for us. LOL. Enjoy your time when we can. :-)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Fun over 45... it happens