Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 poppata
Msg: 60
What if O.J. didn’t do it?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
"Sometimes, because there are plenty of corrupt lawyers, someone gets off"

Now that's another really stupid statement..what sort of corruption do you claim got OJ or anybody else off? The ignorance around here could be cut with a knife.
 chameleonf
Msg: 61
What if O.J. didn’t do it?
Posted: 10/1/2017 6:56:38 AM
http://www.amacdonaldlaw.com/blog/2016/05/what-is-the-difference-between-innocent-and-not-guilty.shtml When you are going through a criminal case you might be just as excited to think about a not guilty verdict as you are to think of proving your innocence. ... Being found not guilty doesn't necessarily mean you are innocent. Instead, it means that the evidence wasn't strong enough for a guilty verdict.

OJ's verdicts were "not guilty", not "innocent".
 deetristate
Msg: 62
Posted: 10/1/2017 7:22:49 AM
is that required in canada, proving your innocence?

i guess anythi g having to do with a man accused of doing something to a woman or anyone to a child, you place that extra requirement?

i remember those nursery school owners where years later it came out that they did not molest children.

here, in the USA, the government has to prove your guilt.

I guess if indicted for a crime, you people would just like the person to go straight to jail. because in your eyes, once accused, one is quilty, whether a jury finds you not guilty or not..

here is one take on why he is innocent.
on my phone so can't cut and paste.
it is here:

http://web2.airmail.net/marjo/case.htm
 poppata
Msg: 63
Posted: 10/1/2017 7:50:46 AM
^^^^ a lot more info is available to the public than to the jury to judge his guilt or innocence. Besides, that Black jury was simply not going to convict O.J. They were too biased against the police.

"I guess if indicted for a crime, you people would just like the person to go straight to jail. because in your eyes, once accused, one is quilty, whether a jury finds you not guilty or not.."

Where did this utterly stupid conclusion come from?
 chameleonf
Msg: 64
Posted: 10/1/2017 8:11:58 AM
It's was from a U.S. law office site, but nice try.
 deetristate
Msg: 65
Posted: 10/1/2017 8:49:06 AM
well lol/irish/popp

read it how you wish.

ny has the best way of dealing with you, you angry person.

nice try about what?

do you know whether one need prove innocence in canada?

when did billl cosby admit raping women?
 daynadaze
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2017 10:18:03 AM
You know Cosby said he used drugs to knock women out, etc., many times that info has been given to you, get on with it.

Yes there are corrupt lawyers, are you kidding.

And here we go again, another claim that Irish is using yet anther account, me thinks you protest way too much, how many accounts do you have?
 deetristate
Msg: 67
Posted: 10/1/2017 10:37:42 AM
protesteh to much on behalf of someone you are not ...huh

oh. soyou are no longer claiming that he admitted to rape.

ok.

cool
 poppata
Msg: 68
Posted: 10/1/2017 11:35:46 AM

Yes there are corrupt lawyers, are you kidding.

Of course there are corrupt lawyers, but what has that to do with your statement
because there are plenty of corrupt lawyers, someone gets off
... I have news for you, a lawyer who competently and zealously represents his client and gets him off..is not corrupt...just doing his job.
 poppata
Msg: 69
Posted: 10/1/2017 11:38:17 AM

oh. soyou are no longer claiming that he admitted to rape.

Didn't Cosby admit in sworn testimony, a deposition, that he drugged woman and had sex with them? Is that not an admission he raped women?

Are OJ and Cosby your idols? So sad. At least OJ probably has football induced brain damage, what is Cosby's excuse?
 daynadaze
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2017 2:04:08 PM
Drugging someone to have nonconsetual sex with them, is rape, but you already knew that.

No, getting someone off when you know they are guilty is not at all the job of an attorney. You are to protect a person's rights, make sure they are getting a fair trial, not play games or make moves to gain for yourself.
 poppata
Msg: 71
Posted: 10/1/2017 2:25:05 PM

No, getting someone off when you know they are guilty is not at all the job of an attorney. You are to protect a person's rights, make sure they are getting a fair trial, not play games or make moves to gain for yourself.

Your only obligation when you know a person is guilty is to not to knowingly allow him to perjure himself, in theory anyway, which means he does not testify, not that most criminal defense attorneys know for sure if their clients are guilty or not. But yes, you are hired to "get the guy off"...that means not only ensuring his constitutional rights are protected, but he gets the most zealous defense possible under the ethical practice of law. You just don't understand the system or the job of an attorney. The way you make it seem....a defense lawyer should never put on a defense for a guilty client, only ensure the prosecution presents his case within the parameters of the rules of evidence.... where the heck did you ever get the idea this was the way it was supposed to work?

And by the way, fairness has little to do with a courtroom.... its not about "fairness".
 deetristate
Msg: 72
Posted: 10/3/2017 4:30:30 AM
next time you fellows invite a woman over and offer her, and she takes, mary jane, snow, cake, wine, whiskey, beer, benedryl, nyquil or any variation on that theme,etc. and she has sex with you during or after, she should head to the police station the next day and charge you with

rape.

And if she goes to your place again for the same exercise, or even more than once again, she should have you charged with

rape

then as well.

every time.

and all those rock musicians who get groupies high and have sex with them,

rape.

yes. that is it.
 gtomustang
Msg: 73
Posted: 10/3/2017 5:25:12 AM
If you are under the influence of a chemical and get behind the wheel...the law decides you are not fit to drive. Honestly, its why I never took home drunk women for sex. Their ability to think straight isn't present at that time.
 poppata
Msg: 74
Posted: 10/3/2017 6:04:14 AM
Dipsy...gosh does your name fit..did cosby's victims knowingly take drugs they knew would incapacitate them?

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 deetristate
Msg: 75
Posted: 10/3/2017 6:45:37 AM
Fair statement, gto.

What about if she imbibes at your home?

gtomustang
Msg: 76
Posted: 10/3/2017 9:14:33 AM
depends:

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/if-someone-gets-drunk-party-am-i-liable-accident.html

my former employer used to host Christmas company parties (alcohol served) at his private residence for decades, then decided to do it at the Lions Club since its a small town and everyone owes everyone....coincidentally after a fellow who used to let his son's peers have bonfire parties at their farm (can't imagine why he'd want drunk girls on his property) got sued when some of the loaded kids loaded a car and crashed it on the way home.

not to be paranoid about people consuming alcohol around us, of course. But these days it may pay to play safe.
 daynadaze
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2017 9:49:23 AM
Dee, what do you consider to be rape? What did you teach your sons about treatment of others when the others are chemically or mentally inconpasicated. Something yells me you do not have daughters, and you don't think males can be raped.

I know, from what you've posted, that you think all those young women Cosby drugged and raped had it coming, knew he was going to drug them and have sex with them, wated it, cause you know, every one wanted to have sex with a celebrity. Why would he go to such lengths pretending to be the sweetest guy, great husband and father, bashing black males for fitting the stereotype, when all he had to was say here silly women, take this heavy drug and lay down?
 chameleonf
Msg: 78
Posted: 10/3/2017 10:01:34 AM
It strikes me that Dee must have had a male in her family at some point who was accused of raping a female under the influence and denied it; therefore, it must mean that all women who are under the influence of anything automatically makes them consenting during the act but falsely accusatory after the fact. There are liars and creeps of both genders, however, to be so dismissive of each individual's circumstance without having been there to know the actual facts makes it clear that Dee should never be on any jury in such cases (or any other type for that matter)- she has her mind made up before knowing all facts.
 benartflick
Msg: 79
Posted: 10/3/2017 10:37:12 AM

"It strikes me that Dee must have had a male in her family at some point who was accused of raping a female under the influence and denied it"

What did Dee write that gave you that notion?

The evidence in the Andrea Constand case was extremely weak. Unlike the Polanski and Woody Allen rape cases. Andrea was caught lying many times. I'm not aware of the little girls caught lying about anything. Most of what they said was proven.

One might think women would be more concerned about the rapes of children ages 7 and 13. Wrong! I do wonder if race has a lot to do with the animosity toward Cosby and Dee.

Andrea claimed it was only digital rape (finger). If a finger insertion is legally rape, I wonder why Woody wasn't accused of raping his 7 year old step-daughter - instead of just child molesting. The child said he put his finger inside her. Gotta be lying - right? Woody doesn't look like a rapist - Cosby does - right?

My guess if Woody and Roman were black, a lot of you might be condemning them and their supporters. Roman even implied he had raped the girl (no consent), but didn't realize it at the time. He said, "He couldn't see the forest from the trees."

Many of the same people that stand and cheer for those two perverts criticize Cosby and Trump for their sexual wrongdoings. Kinda hypocritical - ya think?
 _babblefish
Msg: 80
Posted: 10/3/2017 11:07:54 AM

My guess if Woody and Roman were black, a lot of you might be condemning them and their supporters. Roman even implied he had raped the girl (no consent), but didn't realize it at the time. He said, "He couldn't see the forest from the trees."

Many of the same people that stand and cheer for those two perverts criticize Cosby and Trump for their sexual wrongdoings. Kinda hypocritical - ya think?

what cheering people? you create a false scenario in your mind and somehow it's fact based hypocrisy , dee does that as well with generated ill meaning contrarian views

she has a history of posting that most rapes are the result of wrong doings by females, i.e.; dress code,
proximity, promiscuity, ...etcetcect
 chameleonf
Msg: 81
Posted: 10/3/2017 11:10:17 AM

You would have to know (or paid attention to) Dee's past extensive posting on the subject matter to understand what gave me that notion. Dee's and Cosby's "race" has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Personally, I can't judge who Cosby may or may not have raped any more than Dee or you can, being that none of us are privy to all the facts - unless of course you have sat in on any proceedings - and even then there are extenuating circumstances, including time, that makes a judgement of innocence or guilt difficult to discern. Cosby could be as white as snow and it doesn't change the fact that providing knock out drugs to someone and then having sex with them doesn't necessarily imply consent even if the individual knew they were taking a drug - unless said consent is provided and proven beforehand - a difficult matter . There is benefit of doubt on both sides unless there is actual proof, however, for some, they tend to make prejudgments without all "available" facts. Gut feelings simply don't cut it. It's one of the reasons OJ was found not guilty, rather than innocent, of murder no less.
 benartflick
Msg: 82
Posted: 10/3/2017 1:41:05 PM

what cheering people?

The people who stood and clapped for Woody & Roman when they appeared on stage or when Polanski won his Oscar (he didn't appear, but people stood and applauded).

you create a false scenario

Sorry I wasn't clear. I think most Americans knew what I meant. What did I write that you thought wasn't true?

Some Hollywood folks shunned Elia Kazan (he ratted on Hollywood Communists), yet many of those same people stood and cheered for those two perverts.

No doubt Roman raped a 13 year old girl. It's okay to cheer him for his work, but NOT for Kazan's body of work? Some even booed when old man Kazan received his final Oscar.

Not too long ago I saw M Streep badmouth Trump over his comments to Billy Bush, then shortly later stood with a huge smile on her face while applauding Woody at an award presentation for D Keaton.

"being that none of us are privy to all the facts"

I read what I could find about Cosby's first trial. My opinion (there's reasonable doubt) is based on what I read.

Cosby might be guilty of raping numerous women, but I don't believe Andrea Constand was one of them. Not from what I read. And I do believe his race and wealth might have a lot to with opinions from people who know very little about the Constand case.

"Gut feelings simply don't cut it. It's one of the reasons OJ was found not guilty, rather than innocent, of murder no less."

People familiar with the OJ evidence know 'gut feelings' have absolutely nothing to do with their opinion or the verdict. He's guilty, guilty, guilty!

I highly recommend watching the recent award winning TV mini-series about the OJ case. It's entertaining and very informative.
 chameleonf
Msg: 83
Posted: 10/3/2017 1:46:46 PM

People familiar with the OJ evidence know 'gut feelings' have absolutely nothing to do with their opinion or the verdict. He's guilty, guilty, guilty!

Entirely possible and, as I said, is why he was found not guilty, rather than innocent. There is a distinct difference. One has reasonable doubt based on lack of total evidence and the other, no doubt based on facts and evidence (not opinion). But try explaining that to people like Dee... She'd have him live with her.
 deetristate
Msg: 84
Posted: 10/3/2017 4:09:19 PM
"""It strikes me that Dee must have had a male in her family at some point who was accused of raping a female under the influence and denied it"""

That wins the prize for

1) fantasy

2) humor

and

3) reaching.

LOL!

Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner!!!

LOL!

and in SECOND PLACE:

"""she has a history of posting that most rapes are the result of wrong doings by females, i.e.; dress code, proximity, promiscuity, ...etcetcect"""

DIng DIng!
-----------------------------------------------
I have daughters and sons. You really should stop trying to guess anything about me. If you only knew. . . . Nah. It would be too much for you... anyway....

Nice pivot to my life because you can't really dispute anything that I have written about the actual topic.

pretty good.

But try to make a good argument, at least. Sans ad hominem.

-----------------

"""I do wonder if race has a lot to do with the animosity toward Cosby and Dee. """

During my first few months here, I kind of got that feeling. So for a couple of weeks I posted without a photo. You'd be amazed at how the tone, focus and hostility of the responses to what I posted changed.

But they will deny it. Like all leftists.

I tried.

--------------------

That TV series about OJ was entertainment.

There are various analyses of the evidence.
Some find that it was lacking. Detectives, actual police detectives, have said that there was no evidence and the use of a knife suggested a certain type of crime. ( which I will not point out to this PC crowd.. anyway...)

You should not send a person to jail or death on a "gut feeling."

But, hey, we will never agree on OJ.

Now, should he call a news conference and confess, then you got me.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >