Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 12
We have the same last name... Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Jayzus, OP. Good thing you weren't born/ raised in Iceland.

In 1855, there were 108 different family names in Iceland. By 1910, the number had increased to 297. By 1925, additional legislation prohibited the adoption of family names altogether, although it allowed those who already had them to keep them. The law also made the adoption of an Icelandic family name and patronymic a pre-requisite for obtaining Icelandic citizenship. As time goes on, fewer individuals will have family names as more and more individuals drop them in favor of the traditional naming system.

http://www.allscandinavia.com/icelandicnames.htm

ETA:

I actually dated a guy whose last name rhymed with my first name.

Now, that was grounds for breaking up!

p.s. My first name is Lildo.
I don't know how the poor guy made it out of grade school alive.
 grove_22
Msg: 17
We have the same last name...
Posted: 11/23/2012 8:44:01 AM
Provided that you're not related, this is a non-issue.
 Stormwolf
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2012 10:07:14 AM
Marry this person and it won't be a problem.
 daynadaze
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2012 10:49:35 AM
I don't see why you are so weirded out. Millions of people have the same last names, no matter how unusual the name may be. I think you are making way too big a deal about it and why would anyone in a small town or not, think you were committing incest just because some guy you date has the same last name. I've lived in some pretty small towns before, that doesn't make people stupid, all you would have to say to some nosy busybody is that it's just a coincidence. On the other hand, I'm rather a smartass when nosy, busybodies question me, I'd tell them he's my brother and then walk away.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >