Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 39
view profile
History
She's affectionate with everone else except me. Help me decipher female logic.Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
To the OP:

This woman lack tact, and is disrespectful if she shows affection to her other male friends, while a long time friend like you she treats like dirt.

Walk away...just do it and you will feel better.

Trying to rationalize why she is manipulating, and playing games is pointless. Just walk away with some dignity at least. Sad, but necessary ending to this friendship.
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 40
view profile
History
She's affectionate with everone else except me. Help me decipher female logic.
Posted: 11/23/2012 9:45:09 PM

Help me decipher female logic.

How is this example related to female logic?

Why isn't she as affectionate with me but feels she can throw all her issues on me?

She isn’t affectionate with you because she doesn’t want to lead you on. The woman isn’t interested in you that way, get it? I’m not convinced she “throws all her issues on you.” Did you ever tell her this or are talking about her behind her back in a public forum?

I was just curious as to why she treats me completely different compared to any of her other male friends.

Maybe, compared to her other male friends she is certain she doesn’t want anything from you. If she was affectionate with you, would you not sooner or later complain about her leading you on and playing games? Honestly? Come on now.

She shows affection to all of her other male friends, but with me she act as if I have some sort of bad odor or cooties, but has no problem telling me all of her business, even when I say I'm not really interested in hearing about it. So how does this keep revolving back to me wanting her as a GF?

Does she put a gun to your head and say “you’re going to listen to my business, or else?” or do you simply listen even though you don’t feel like it? She can do anything she chooses. If you don’t like it, leave the room.

Amazing responses (as in excellent) to this waaaah post. Message 23 had one of the best response. I applause grizzelda.
 DameWrite
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2012 10:09:34 PM
Help us with your logic.

You do not like the way she treats you, yet you hang out with her (and bitach about her ways when it comes to you).

She is treating you like she treats a friend. Not all friends, but you.
You feel you are being used.
You say you want it to stop, but you put up with it.

Stop biatching and tell her like a friend would!

"I've gotten over trying to think that we will be BF and GF but even as friends I'm not satisfied, so until you stop dumping on me and start treating me kindly, I'm going to hang out with my other friends who care about me, because this seems very unfair."

Easy peasy, for REAL friends to work out.

Who has communication issues?
 the_biggavell
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/24/2012 8:12:42 AM
You are a TIME HOE buddy.
She whores your time.. anf your time is equivalent to the **** you want from her.

So think on it... while shes telling you her problems,shes out there ****ing other dudes and telling you about her feelings..
Is this what you signed up for?

You tried to sneak in the pu.ssy by being her friend.

Girls trick guys into this. You are a victim buddy. Haha but you can turn it around.

By simply not giving her your time.

She is ahead of you. And its hard for you to come back from this. The only way you do is by cuttjng the cord.
Eventually she may miss your time, or shell do the same with another unlucky pushover.

At least your time wont be wasted. BE HONEST. With yourself first and other. When she does come back looking for your time. You tell her. I wasted time listening to your problems when i wouldnt have gave you any. The only way to continue this time share thing is if you give me some ass. If shes not with it. You walk away buddy.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/24/2012 12:42:10 PM
I have many other female friends that I get affection from, just not her. I came to the conclusion early on that I have been thrown into that emotional tampon/'safe'/friend-zone. Why isn't she as affectionate with me but feels she can throw all her issues on me?

She doesn't throw her affection on you because she knows you like her, and she doesn't want to lead you on. You know what's worse than your situation? If she DID show you affection, as she does with other guys, but stopped it there. It would be stringing you along and teasing you, when you're also friends and you knowingly like her.

She's not stringing you along or teasing you. You're stringing yourself along. It's not healthy, and it is a waste of time to be hanging with a girl who you really dig, but she explicitly doesn't dig you. She'll b!tch & moan about guys, like you're one of her gal-pals. You can't complain! You're accepting a platonic friendship!
 aussieblues
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2012 3:18:26 PM
Start things as you wish them to finish...or change what you're not happy with. You cannot make this person see you in a new light, as she's used to only one thing from you. Friendship and support. Be satisfied with that or walk away.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/24/2012 3:35:08 PM
I take it that she's seeing you as a friend but may think you'll misinterpret affection as romantic where as other guys either won't or she's OK with it if some do, so she's dialing it down with you. I could be wrong, of course we all could be as we're not there, but that's the feeling I got from your original post.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >