Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > help me understand him      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jmf0373
Msg: 20
help me understand himPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I have since ended this go nowhere so callled relationship and I am now focusing on my self and my family.
I wish to thank everyone for the eye opener, as I am now focusing on my daughter and let things fall into place as it happens. I will just chalk this up to bad experience and consider it a lesson learned. If I happen to find someone along the way fine, but trying desperately to make something out of nothing, is a waste of time and energy best used on more important things, such as helping my daughter find a good college to attend.
 Fleuron
Msg: 21
help me understand him
Posted: 12/2/2012 4:54:45 PM

I am now focusing on my self and my family.

Good for you! Usually it’s easier to see things clearly once you’ve taken a big emotional step out of it.

Good luck, OP. :)

The "I love you" text would of had me running and thinking, dang another CrAzY woman :(

Oh yeah? That’s too bad. I thought I might love you but now I won’t bother. ;)
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 22
help me understand him
Posted: 12/2/2012 5:57:36 PM
While I can't knock texting - my guy and I text more often than not when not together, but we also see each other at least twice a week normally - I can say that this situation is one of lack of history and in person interaction.

I'd call your situation potential, or talking, but not a relationship - talking for a couple months and meeting once isn't even close to being anything serious. If you both met and he was into you, he'd make sure he was able to see you again despite the distance within reason (obviously if he lived 6 hours away, it would make more sense you didn't see each other).

Truth? I think he's bored because it didn't go further, or semi interested but not enough to pursue it. The "xoxoxoxoxo" thing is probably him poking the beehive when you stop responding to keep you on the hook in case he's got time to kill.
 SingleInArlington
Msg: 23
help me understand him
Posted: 12/2/2012 6:35:33 PM

Oh yeah? That’s too bad. I thought I might love you but now I won’t bother. ;)

Ummmmm (wow is it hot in here or is it just me) ...................sorry for the pause, had to turn on the AC.....ok ok where was I ?????? You know I have been pondering the possibilities and there is that Love at first sight thing. So maybe not as CrAzY as I first thought and there is always an exception to the rule :)

PS- Call me lol
 sophie0321
Msg: 24
view profile
History
help me understand him
Posted: 12/2/2012 6:45:46 PM
ok, honey, it is hard to keep a long distance relationship..please give up, and you will find a better
 jmf0373
Msg: 25
help me understand him
Posted: 12/3/2012 6:56:01 AM
in all honesty the i love you message i send was originally intended for my niece down in Georgia which i was txting back and forth to when the guy txt me , and like a idiot i was i did not pay attention to the recipient of the message i was sending it to and by the time i realized who it went to I got a reply back with a i love you too and after some thought i had wondered if it was a empty statement , but that is my past and my family is my future and as many have pointed out the txting only relationship is meant for teenagers not parents of them lol

sorry for no proper punctuation or capitalization i save that for the work place lol
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > help me understand him