Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Are we getting harder as we get older?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CaptainAmericaOO7
Msg: 151
Are we getting harder as we get older?Page 7 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Needless to say I was not the first and will probably not be the last.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Are we getting harder as we get older?
Posted: 12/18/2012 11:27:25 AM
Damn Captain, you've been through some serious sh*t. I've just discovered that I'm a very low tolerance man. Just getting a sniff of that stuff would cause the back draft of my exit velocity to suck vinyl siding off of houses.
 timeforall
Msg: 153
Posted: 12/18/2012 12:48:30 PM

How did I survive a rocky relationship? By becoming numbed to it and taking each day as it comes. My short term memory is now terrible as I was forced to forget what happened the day before in order to face today. It ended up with my saying "today is bad but yesterday was better" for the entire relationship.

Can you explain how you could possibly stay in such a relationship? If I am dating a woman and she is offensive or rude, that is our last date. If I was living with a woman and she was rude or offensive, I would pack my bag and be gone. If I was married to a woman and she was rude or offensive, I would send her divorce papers. How can it be any other way? Why would any man tolerate any kind of abuse from a woman?
 rearguard*2
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2012 12:52:35 PM
Hard as you may find it to believe, abuse can reinforce the bond between people, just the same as a more endearing kind of behaviour can do.

Its not only a statistical fact, its also been shown to be true by various research efforts. People don't like to believe, but, sadly, its a reality.
 Randal5
Msg: 155
Posted: 12/18/2012 1:42:10 PM
It is very difficult to even think about all the changes I would have to make in my life at 62. I have my own home, routine, pets .etc. It is also worrisome to think about making all those changes and knowing that your life or good health could come to an end abruptly.
 CaptainAmericaOO7
Msg: 156
Posted: 12/18/2012 6:23:23 PM

Hard as you may find it to believe, abuse can reinforce the bond between people, just the same as a more endearing kind of behaviour can do.

Its not only a statistical fact, its also been shown to be true by various research efforts. People don't like to believe, but, sadly, its a reality.

I entered, desperately in love, believing she'd been hurt and that I could help.

I stayed because by then I had noplace else to run to.
 rustytraveler
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2012 11:34:25 PM
I've seen this same thing over and over again...... and men seem to biologically fall for this wolfess in sexy sheeps clothing act and then end up blaming ALL women because this happened to them.... at least in your coworkers case he had known a decent marriage before and so understands that it was this particular toxic woman who caused the damage. Damn shame.

abuse can reinforce the bond between people

I'm sure it can and does.... but a really sick one! Victim and sadist and vice versa.
I always assume when this happens it's either an abusive level of comfort or just having a very weak sense of self and what is healthy. We are complicated creatures.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2012 6:33:00 AM
I hardly think the fact that a woman is sought after by other men is a factor in male thinking. The women who conduct themselves in a sexually provocative manner attract men. The men are all estimating their chances of making it with her, they are not needing the interest of other men to influence their thinking. If they notice other men in the pursuit, it might motivate them to more stringent efforts to succeed, but that is just natural competition for access to females.

It should be no news that any woman who puts out the message that sex is likely to happen generates male interest, regardless of her other characteristics.
 tulipsforme474
Msg: 159
Posted: 12/19/2012 7:17:19 AM
Exactly. There are just as many "ordinary" women out there that are cheating on their partners as there are men. One does not have to be exotic or be tempted by the exotic. Plain Janes bang the Plain Johns and it's been going on for eons. Anyone has the chance to have sex...the good, the bad, the ugly. And this leaves behind a swath of destruction in the area of bitterness and anger.
 timeforall
Msg: 160
Posted: 12/19/2012 8:29:16 AM
What complete and utter crapola. You describe men as being some sort of mindless animal subject to the control of phermones. Women who believe this stuff are deluded. Guys are attracted to attractive women, especially when they show interest and women are even easier to dupe into falling in love. But most guys aren't blind or mindless and i can't imagine any guy being attracted to a pscho woman if it is obvious she is nuts.

But i am not surprised that the male haters and bashers buy into this simplistic assertion. It just helps reinforce their deluded notions about guys.
 CaptainAmericaOO7
Msg: 161
Posted: 12/19/2012 10:16:59 AM
I am attracted by personality. The problem was the personality that was offered was not the real person. Even now the individual I knew claims to support truth and honesty and to hate lies and falsehood, claims to love her family etc. It's all a smokescreen to disguise a warped, violent and sick individual.

If you're ever going to date anybody - check their family. Check their bank balance.

If there're debts other than mortgage or more going out than going in or their family has drug addicts or criminals or anything like that, don't walk, run away.

If you think that's the worst - think again...

I dated one psycho who again seemed normal then I found her waving a revolver in my face threatening to shoot me. As psychos live on fear I got out of that one simply by telling her to go ahead. That's when she backed down.

Sometimes I just wonder whether I'd be better off just wandering off into the desert to become a hermit.
 AffectionateGolfer61
Msg: 162
So we all stare at our screens, reading profiles and wish.
Posted: 12/19/2012 11:23:29 AM
wow, i read so many women who say they are financially self sufficient most of them never made there money the courts gave it to them through divorce, and whatever, they act like there all self made, it kills me. you read how they are looking for this and that etc, but in fact unless you are 6 ft 2 plus, movie star looks and a back roll to dance them all over the country, and when there done with that, off to the courts for another cash infusion, there isnt one woman on this site that is truly down to earth, means what they say, or any other story they choose to write. I am sure that this will cause heads to shake, eyes to roll, and think im just out to lunch, but what else can they say, these women thing every guy wants them and they call all the shots, and in many case they do, because of weak minded guys that let them, good luck on here, everyone will need it
 Moonchild51
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2012 11:30:14 AM

most of them never made there money the courts gave it to them through divorce, and whatever, they act like there all self made, it kills me

^^What a crock of chit! Show me your statistics on that statement please? And while your at it, it is "their" and not "there". Also they're and not there. This will come across as biotchy but I simply detest when comments like this are made. General assumptions made by those ignorant of the facts...
 c_deacon
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2012 12:00:11 PM
Now quiet down some Moonie.....you are acting like you are independent, self sufficient, and secure.....oh and a little ****y.....lmao

OT......Wishing just gets one nowhere, and if one wants to accomplish more, get off the computer and out in the world and be willing to meet and greet, while offering what you seek!!

cd
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 165
Posted: 12/19/2012 12:10:06 PM

wow, i read so many women who say they are financially self sufficient most of them never made there money the courts gave it to them through divorce, and whatever, they act like there all self made, it kills me. you read how they are looking for this and that etc, but in fact unless you are 6 ft 2 plus, movie star looks and a back roll to dance them all over the country, and when there done with that, off to the courts for another cash infusion, there isnt one woman on this site that is truly down to earth, means what they say, or any other story they choose to write. I am sure that this will cause heads to shake, eyes to roll, and think im just out to lunch, but what else can they say, these women thing every guy wants them and they call all the shots, and in many case they do, because of weak minded guys that let them, good luck on here, everyone will need it

I'm guessing you're here for the forums then?

..mae
 justlookingvt
Msg: 166
Posted: 12/19/2012 12:31:07 PM

Sounds like your bad childhood was followed by a bad adulthood... :-)

I'm glad I don't live where you live... sounds like you live in a bad neighborhood too :-)
 tulipsforme474
Msg: 167
Posted: 12/19/2012 12:50:34 PM
Even the folks (men or women) who think they got the shaft in their divorce or end of their relationship must some day let go of the anger and bitterness. Why pack that extra ton of shyt around on your shoulders for the rest of your life and why tar each person you come in contact with with the same brush as the person who "done you wrong". I always thought us grownups were supposed to...well, supposed to grow up.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2012 1:02:59 PM
I also changed the topic back to what it was originally as you are not supposed to do that. Mr. Well informed isn't as informed on a lot of things it appears!

And Mr. Deac, a little biotchy is the spice of life didn't ya know that? lol

OT: I don't think we are getting harder. Smarter (in some cases), perhaps a tad reluctant to jump into situations as quickly as we used to when young, but I sure do hope we are not hardened to being open to new relationships?
 Tek_Savvy
Msg: 169
Posted: 12/19/2012 2:36:09 PM

I've seen this same thing over and over again...... and men seem to biologically fall for this wolfess in sexy sheeps clothing act and then end up blaming ALL women because this happened to them..

You're 63 and you think this? How do you know it's based on that? Maybe he was bored with his wife and her nagging a$$. Unless you have some studies or evidence your point is moot. Some women do the same crap, it's not gender based.
 mrnova66
Msg: 170
Posted: 12/19/2012 4:22:56 PM
What does angry got to do with anything?It is just like anything else..NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!Plenty of guys that are angry have relationships just like any other guy..Same with guys that do not have cars,jobs,drugaddicts,convicts,abusers,arrogant,bitter,bums,no goals,drunks,jailbirds...All these winnere can get dates..There are no shortage of women for these winners..To say nobody shows up for these winners then you are very naieve at best or you can not face reality..In fact i have never saw a self-proclaim bad guy stay single for to long
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 171
Posted: 12/19/2012 4:48:04 PM
No wonder it is getting harder as we get older.
Some folks seem to spend their time always arguing silly online stuff.
On a dating site....that is a sure way to remain single.

But as to the topic in general,
Older folks should be abit more realistic about dating.
There are fewer to choose from.
And even less quality.
However most middle aged singles are determined to hit the dating jackpot
that they feel they missed out on in their first go around.

And if you think about it....
if we didn't get perfection when we were younger and better...
abit silly to think we will now.
:-P
 mjinict
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2012 5:07:59 PM
...But aren't we better now in a lot of ways?
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 173
Posted: 12/19/2012 5:09:50 PM
Certainly we are!

But maybe not good enuff for our fantasy partner.
Cus that person while maybe better now.....as well.
Probably doesn't look it.
LoL
 TryAgan
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2012 7:57:27 AM

but in fact unless you are 6 ft 2 plus, movie star looks and a back roll to dance them all over the country, and when there done with that, off to the courts for another cash infusion, there isnt one woman on this site that is truly down to earth

True, there are many psychotic women, who fool and suck men dry, but there are also men who do the same to the women (at least that's what some women told me).
 CaptainAmericaOO7
Msg: 175
Posted: 12/21/2012 6:33:55 PM
I have met quite a lot of oddball women. I like odd in many ways. I just don't like abusive oddballs or oddballs that can't control their finances.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Are we getting harder as we get older?