Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Walts
Msg: 9
Its the holiday season and it seems like girlfriend is leaving me out of them what to do?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

What do you all think?

I think after I view. And since you are the one in this "relationship" I'm suggesting you open your eyes. Like, quick. I mean, really quick. Then after you think, about everything(and anything) that has gone on up to this Sunday morning, come back and tell us what YOU are thinking?????
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 10
Its the holiday season and it seems like girlfriend is leaving me out of them what to do?
Posted: 11/25/2012 9:20:57 AM
THIS IS WHY...I do not do "relationships" b4 the Holidays...it ruins everything...someone always feels pressured, or disappointed...
 Maleman999
Msg: 11
Its the holiday season and it seems like girlfriend is leaving me out of them what to do?
Posted: 11/25/2012 9:25:57 AM
People in their 20's consider texting to be the new way of dating, and the more you text someone, the more serious the relationship becomes. She didn't tell you to stop texting her, so there shouldn't be a problem.
 clayart
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/25/2012 10:00:46 AM

I kinda feel a little left out of the loop/upset

There's no loop to be left out of in a week.
She is not seeing this whole relationship thing the same as you.

It took a year and a half to make it official ?
If it took a year and a half to make it official it ain't, "official".
 OutMind
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/25/2012 10:53:09 AM
Which one of the two girls you were doing is this one? The old girlfriend that you slept with her friend and she couldn't trust you. Or the new one that you were hot about it, but wanted to get back to the other one if she could now trust you?
 _PassionFlower
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/25/2012 11:07:09 AM
i got nothing to say....it seems so freaking retarded to me....sorry, but it does...
 notdating-forumsonly
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/25/2012 12:07:37 PM
To be honest I can't even tell which girl you are with now after the thread you posted about seeing two girls just one week ago. Please tell me that you didn't base your decision of who to stay with on those thread responses.

If I were her, I would be taking you and your interest and comments with a large grain of salt.

Since I'm not her- if you had done that to me- skirting around and having a fling with someone else behind my back- you would be beyond history. I'm surprised that either one of them would consider a relationship with you.
She's likely unsure about you, as she should be, and doesn't want to bring you around her family until she knows how things will go on down the line- which is very normal.
 licoricecat_1
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2012 12:11:47 PM
You are over re-acting. She only knew you a week! That is too new to expect to meet the family. Give her space and she will respect you better. Maybe you could do the Christmas with her alone before she leaves to see her family. Perhaps the day before, suggest this to her.
 daynadaze
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2012 12:56:45 PM
I think she just met you, doesn't plan on taking you home to meet the family and knows full well that you are still a total stranger to her. Either keep dating her or find someone more into the instant relationship thingie.
 GWSmith
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/25/2012 7:00:40 PM
You don;t take someone you started seeing a week ago to see the 'rents, especially if they live a long way off (protip 3 hours is a long way)
 Abbeygirl58
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/25/2012 7:03:56 PM
I'm sure I'm saying what everyone else will say.....a week is NOT a relationship!! Its not even enough time to decide if you really want to continue getting to know someone...if you want this to go somewhere back off, let things flow naturally, and if you still know each other this time next year you can make plans!!
 deere_rancher
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2012 7:11:08 PM
Op... You might ask her if she intents to spend any time with you over christmas .
But there not much you can do about it if she doesn't .. does seem like ominous
writing on the wall though........

maybe her parents didn't like you ...?
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/25/2012 7:12:59 PM
Listen - when I was in college, I used to bring home any "level" of relationship to my parents' home ... No big deal. I brought home girl/ guy friends, boyfriends, classmates, etc. We might have stayed there while going to an event near my folks' home. Anyway, it wasn't a big deal.

HOWEVER ... Not everyone sees it like that.

Just respect the fact that interacting with family is fraught with expectations and meaning for many people. Ask her if she wants to meet your family, but NOT if it is some kind of "pre-engagement" event.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/25/2012 7:37:17 PM
Oh ... Hahahah! Less than 6 days ago, you were "stuck between two girls." now that you have deigned to grace the chosen one with your presence, you expect to be fully and seamlessly integrated into her life? You too funny!
 Out_of_the_Ash
Msg: 24
view profile
History
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/26/2012 3:51:56 AM

We've been on and off dating for the past year and a half, I've already met her parents briefly and have been talking constantly/getting together over the past few months until we just decided to make it official. I can see your point if it was a complete stranger.

You have added this information in order to manipulation the facts and it isn't working. You are the typical nice guy who we all aim to avoid because it's fake. Nice guys do things with the objective of manipulating others to do their will, they whine when they don't get their way because that always worked with Mommy, they play games without divulging the rules and they aren't really nice at all. They pretend to be nice because they think that will yield the results they want.

At the prompting of another contributor, I looked at your posting history and found this :-

Kind of stuck between two girls not sure where to go now!
Posted: 11/19/2012 914 PM
The title may sound bad but im kinda stuck between two girls right now and dont know who to choose. The first one I dated and we broke up about a year ago, cause was mainly due to one of our best friends had a crush on me and decided to break us up because of all of the drama. Her and I have been talking about a month about getting back together and im working gaining her trust back, its just she's thinking about moving back to her home town about two hours away for a new job. The second one I met at a job, and we had a fling going on til she told me she didnt want anything serious and i moved on. Well this second one and I are talking again after 6 months and it seems like shes got me hook line and sinker. I like both girls I just need some advice on where I should go now! Thanks!

So 6 days ago, you were undecided about who was worthy of your interest. Now you claim that 7 days ago, you opted for door number 2 and are complaining that because you have done so, she's not stopping her life to fully flutter around the light that you are throwing into her World. Good for her.

Now stop trying to manipulate people (including us) by editing the information you provide so that you think you are seen in a better light and to achieve your need for people to back your view. For one thing, a mature adult doesn't need that level of validation from others and for another thing, this need to see yourself in a good light is self-defeating unless you are willing to change your behaviors and act in a good light.

I'm glad she's refusing to play your stupid games. Hopefully when she's home with her family for the holidays, she'll meet a good man instead of a nice guy and leave you to get on with your game playing alone.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 26
Posted: 11/26/2012 9:24:45 AM
I think it is wise to hold off introducing new people in your life to the extended family until enough time has passed so that both people know they are not introducing 'touble' to the family. Not enough timne has gone by for you to be meeting the extended family.

Just date her and enjoy the ssason knowing you are not going to be held under a microscope this year.

If you push for things to move more quickly, you will push yourself right out the door.
 strawberryrippleicecream
Msg: 27
Posted: 11/26/2012 12:16:35 PM
Wish her and her family - a very happy time at xmas please.
Get in touch with your family - and spend a lovely day.
 TantricJedi
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/26/2012 12:26:40 PM
You're the reason some chic started a thread recently about putting her dating on hold until after the holidays because she didn't want to deal with introducing anyone to her family so soon, plus the fact she'd be busy anyway.
A week? Yeah, slow down. How serious can it be after a week? I'd be careful. You might scare her away during this 'fragile' time in your courtship
 Crsdan57
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/26/2012 12:35:51 PM
One week doesnt make a relationship. There is no way in Hell that I would include somebody I just met a week ago in my holiday plans. If they wanted to be included I would probably launch them because they obviously dont have any friends or relatives that want them around.

This is the torn between two girls guy. Probably a troll.
 Angelkis1
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2012 9:06:26 PM
It really doesn"t sound good.... Do you think perhaps your moving somewhat fast.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >