Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 vlad dracul
Msg: 365
view profile
History
What puts you off messaging someone?Page 12 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
Mooncups
you could guzzle vodka shots out of those.
I had to google as well but found this interesting
and yes i watched it like the saddoe i am.
Oh and its a love your vagina production. Well goes without
saying that does eh?

Watch the Mooncup crew take on team Tampon in a rap battle for women’s periods everywhere
http://www.mooncup.co.uk/about-the-mooncup.html

It reminded me of emenem's rap battles
C'mon lassies which team are YOU rooting for?

On topic what puts me off messaging someone is usually i fail on their
filters.
Everyone seems to crave honesty and yet when you ARE honest about yourself
it sort of kicks one in the mooncups.

Ah well such is life
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 366
view profile
History
What puts you off messaging someone?
Posted: 8/1/2013 8:59:06 AM
Girls I'm shocked, mooncups are great. We all have periods, I honestly don't see what the problem is with them or why you wished you hadn't googled them. You must have been to the supermarket many times to buy tampons afterall?
They make your periods shorter, reduce cramps, are kinder on the environment and your purse!
I'm a convert anyway!

OT I couldn't date a guy that slated mooncups in his profile or that found them offensive.
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 370
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2013 4:21:47 PM
I am put off messaging someone when I am extremly physically attracted to them. It's bizarre and I guess it is an insecurity thing. Also despite it being almost like a joke pic on here i dont want to message blokes who have a photo of a fish sucking their finger etc. I do like tongue in cheek stuff though yes :-)
 GeordieColin
Msg: 375
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2013 1:48:31 PM
Ambiguous profiles and pictures mean that it is easy to get the wrong impression of someone. A profile could give every indication that they are just up for a bit of fun but after messaging with them accordingly in the hope of a leg over you find that your dismissed. On the other hand many have very respectable profiles and pics but find a person being too respectful very boring because they are actually not looking for anything serious.
 NA73
Msg: 376
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2013 8:55:59 AM
I've been reading this thread for some time now and its had me in stiches at times such as with the mooncup references, I've still no idea what one is and I find it funny. As well as some of the observations and put downs of people and comments. However its also had me angry and feeling very, very insecure specifically towards those people who are put off messaging over 30s whose longest relationship is under one year, which would describe me. Its one of the reasons I'm on a dating website, not because I'm difficult to get on with or neccesarily a failure with a relationship once you go out with me, but because I find it difficult meeting women in the first place so you haven't exactly reassured me as to human nature and willingness to give someone a break I mean how else am I going to change that statistic if nobody will cut me a break?
That said, and in the best traditions of human debate, I'm probably about to write something hypocrytical about my messaging put offs. OT nobody completing the about me section - how are you supposed to write a meaningful 1st message if they don't give you any material to work with? Unreasonable expectations:- we're not all 'fill in the Hollywood hunk of the moment', they probably don't need dating websites afterall. Women who complain about short first messages. I grant you, 'Hey you' is too little but why write War and Peace if they're probably not going to reply? Chavettes, women who have such large egos that if you ever got to sleep with them it would be a menage a trois, you, them and their egos. women with kids, I'm not sure I want ones of my own nevermind helping to bring up someone elses, sorry about that. And one or two other things that I could mention but I don't want to offend.
 StephaneParis
Msg: 378
Posted: 10/14/2013 4:35:56 PM
.Women who use the word women when they should have used the singular woman. eg "I'm an outgoing women"
.Those Goldfish bowl pictures (awful)
. "I don't know what to write"
. "There's loads of music on my iPod"
. The ones that are clearly high maintenance and come across as self obsessed.
. "I'm ditzy lol"
.Women who describe themselves as bubbly
.Any woman I see with the word banter in her profile is an instant turn off.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 382
Posted: 10/15/2013 5:48:36 AM
"No point writing anything cos we all know you guys only look at the pictures"

Immediate NEXT and a little laugh to myself, knowing you're reaping exactly what you sew, because by writing this you've given us nothing to go on BUT the pictures.
 scareymush
Msg: 404
Posted: 10/31/2013 1:56:18 PM
When he's slept with or been intimate in some way with half the cyberverse of POF and beyond.
 Loose_end
Msg: 415
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2013 2:41:27 PM
I remember this thread.......A classic

You know when you message someone, a really nice message, and they say "You're the last person i would ever want to talk to, let alone meet! I cannot believe that someone could be so ugly i nearly vomited over my keyboard"

That almost puts me off messaging them :)
 try1more
Msg: 420
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2013 9:48:35 AM
when i see a profile that has no photo, with a headline that says looking for a man with a sense of humour, i find that a little offputting :-)
 Kahuna_1968
Msg: 423
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2013 11:17:40 AM
What puts me off messaging someone is ....When they say looking for someone honest and don't put a picture up!
 Kahuna_1968
Msg: 425
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2013 11:57:38 AM
Haha...POF never fails to surprise me
Posted: 11/27/2013 1:55:02 PM
'If you wanna know just ask'

Mono-music genre lovers.

ZOMG!!! I'm such a barbie doll types.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 440
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2013 4:26:46 PM
Those who state endless put offs
 Gandalfrodo
Msg: 444
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2014 10:17:03 AM
Bad grammar, bad spelling, and txtspk. Not fancying the person. Right-wing politics. Gold-digging princesses. People who are serious about their religions. A list of criteria that I do not meet. Excessive distance.
 Jo van
Msg: 445
Posted: 1/7/2014 10:43:26 AM
I find this site fascinating, -as a keen amateur observer of the human condition.

I'm not just picking on these two examples, but they illustrate my point nicely:

A ladies profile that starts with a list of things they don't want.

Those who state endless put offs

While I agree that it's better to appear positive, rather than negative, in one's profile:
to state the things which you do like, rather than exhaustive lists of those things you don't like, -that's just my opinion, and I applied it to my own profile..(mostly , when I was looking, and not 'hidden').
Those profiles which I didn't find attractive, (for whatever reason) I just passed them by, and moved on to the next.

So we have 23 pages here, of things that people don't like, things which "put you off".
Why is it OK to list them here, but not in a profile...?

I mean, I can understand the therapeutic properties of a good rant, especially for people who are bitter from numerous refusals, or lacks of response, but how would you feel if someone listed something, which appeared on your own profile..?
Would you take it as "constructive criticism", -even if you hadn't asked for a "profile review"..>?
Isn't this just a way of criticising other people's profiles..?
-Which I thought was against the rules....

Fabreezey
Msg: 449
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2014 6:07:51 PM
I was never enthused about profiles which said "I can talk for England"...
 Fabreezey
Msg: 453
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2014 7:40:46 AM
I never understood why people state they have a good sense of humour in their profiles and yet come across as really sad. Some people just don't seem to get that it's not what you write which gets people to notice you, it's how you write which sets you apart from other profiles. It's pointless saying you're as funny as feck if you come across like a wet lettuce. Still, some people probably like wet lettuce...
 Gandalfrodo
Msg: 457
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2014 4:12:34 PM
Agreed with most of that.
 Foodnmusicguy
Msg: 459
Posted: 6/11/2014 12:23:14 PM
Check out msg 8

You're not stupid , you're YOUNG

As for the topic, any woman with more than 11 kids
 Corny2x
Msg: 462
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2014 12:28:11 AM
People who write NOTHING in their profile and write 'if you want to know anything ask'.

That just shows that you're lazy and can't be bothered to say what makes you special.
 dekovite
Msg: 466
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2014 8:41:53 AM
The ones with "Looking for a nice guy" wind me up - that maybe the case, but I bet you only reply to the bad guys and ignore the "nice" guys !

And the mirror selfie - not realised if you turn the phone/camera around to use the view finder in the mirror, you don't end up with the photo of you with said phone/camera blotting you out ;-)

Not that any of that is going to help me get replies - serial ignored here :D I even tried adding "maybe you should message me as I'm obviously picking the wrong people" in my profile for a while !
 Jonznice
Msg: 473
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2014 12:00:29 AM
See the "You're not my type!" thread
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >