Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Can someone help?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Love.Notes
Msg: 23
Can someone help?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
start with looking at your own flaws, because we all have some..and try to see past her flaws. If you want to wait for the one that is perfect in every way, you will be waiting for a longgggggggggggg time.

Standards are good to have. Most people do need to raise them somewhat, but when you find every woman you meet has some type of flaw that you " don't mean to find" but do... it becomes another issue that possibly lies within you.

stircrazee26
Msg: 24
Can someone help?
Posted: 11/29/2012 7:31:27 PM
Man, you're 19...the reason you're feeling like this is because you're too busy thinking about what else is out there, when's the next cute girl gonna come around. And that's normal, you're 19!!!!!!
Do yourself a favor, don't settle down with anyone yet lol you don't even know yourself. Believe me, you'll be way better off!
 daynadaze
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Can someone help?
Posted: 11/29/2012 8:19:14 PM
You are 19, still a teenager, you are doing exactly what is natural at your age. Date a lot, meet lots of new people, see what kind of women you like and what you don't like and when you are ready to be in serious relationships, you will know what you are looking for. Right now, all you are doing is dating, relationships aren't real at your age so don't even bother with that label, just have fun, enjoy your youth.
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Can someone help?
Posted: 11/29/2012 8:36:08 PM
You should have put what the flaws were in your initial post - I don't think the "flaws" you mentioned are you being too picky. In my book, those "flaws" would be deal breakers.
 1966ok
Msg: 27
Can someone help?
Posted: 11/29/2012 9:10:57 PM
Good to see you're setting standards at an early age,many young men could care less. I wouldn't consider not having a job at 18 or 19 important in considering a potential mate. Just keep dating and you'll eventually find the one for you.
 sigungq
Msg: 28
Can someone help?
Posted: 12/1/2012 7:45:56 PM
@ tigerbound,

HOLY CRAP!!!! You're only 19 years old!!!! Take your time. Enjoy going out with the women. Have fun. Finding the flaws (or the aspects of each one that you don't like) hones you ability to recognize "the one". But don't expect the one to be in your life too soon. Like I said, take your time.
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 29
Can someone help?
Posted: 12/1/2012 8:35:35 PM
Cowboy, did you bother to actually read what the flaws were in his next post?

You're trying to date people your age, while you're looking for something more mature.... It's going to be hell for the next 20 years. You can find the person you end up spending the rest of your life with tomorrow, but there's also the chance that you're going to have to go through a lot of crazy girls first to find her. Your standards aren't too high, those "flaws" are things that most people wouldn't deal with. It'll get easier over time, you'll learn how common a lot of trends are and you'll be able to catch on before you waste too much time, and it'll make finding someone worth being with a lot easier.
 Orgulloso
Msg: 30
Can someone help?
Posted: 12/2/2012 4:51:47 AM
OP,

At your age it all of what you've written sounds "normal".

You're looking at every pretty young thing that gives you a glance. Translation: you're not relationship ready.

The girl you mention: no job, comes to your job, still hung up on her ex. Sounds like sorry to say "kid stuff".

One poster nailed it buddy, you're 19 years old. HAVE FUN!!!!
 sigungq
Msg: 31
Can someone help?
Posted: 12/5/2012 6:03:27 PM

So I have met a lot of women recently and have even gone on a few dates with some. The problem is I keep finding flaws and become disinterested so quickly. I don't intend for this to happen because I have gone out with some really amazing women. It's been over two years since I've been in a relationship. Are my expectations and standards to high?

You must live in the USA. I know because I do too.......
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 32
Can someone help?
Posted: 2/28/2017 9:05:06 AM
Yes, your expectations and standards are too high

Stop it
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 33
Can someone help?
Posted: 2/28/2017 9:26:26 AM
Chuck, you must be bored at work again today...you're digging up old threads with posters that are long gone.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 34
Can someone help?
Posted: 2/28/2017 9:51:41 AM
^^^^ Someone has been doing the same thing, cough cough scorpvenus cough cough and you know what they say , if you can't beat em...
 IReallyShouldnt
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Can someone help?
Posted: 2/28/2017 10:16:56 AM
^^^
BCC- You are lagging behind her in digging up old threads. Get going with more... Ive got a bet going and don't want to lose.
 hemingway234
Msg: 36
Can someone help?
Posted: 2/28/2017 10:19:42 AM
Blows up my phone because I'm at work. Comes to my job and waits for me to get off.

- I know this thread is a million years old, but some guys who have trouble getting dates would love that. Sounds like a good problem to have.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 37
Can someone help?
Posted: 2/28/2017 10:20:24 AM
^^^^

You know, msg 38....you really shouldn't encourage me

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 IReallyShouldnt
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Can someone help?
Posted: 2/28/2017 10:27:54 AM
^^I'm going to hold my breath and wait for your next thread.

Any other betting folks reading these old threads?
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 39
Can someone help?
Posted: 2/28/2017 10:34:06 AM
Actually, I'm not just imitating Scorpvenus ( check out the Relationship section of this morning if you haven't noticed, check her history )....but I'm bored of this Forum. Seems these days the only action is in Offtopic but I have no desire to get involved with THAT kind of futile back and forth . Talk about different strokes !
 IReallyShouldnt
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Can someone help?
Posted: 2/28/2017 10:40:16 AM
Off Topic indeed! I've read some extremely bitter, mean, and downright nasty comments "down there".

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 41
Can someone help?
Posted: 2/28/2017 10:43:09 AM
It's clearly a place for angry people to attack others .

Makes ya wonder what they'd do if they couldn't find anyone to disagree with them ..... YIKES !

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Can someone help?