Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 21
how to best bring up the topic about being exclusivePage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
^^^^^^
hahahaha! LOVE IT!
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 22
how to best bring up the topic about being exclusive
Posted: 11/30/2012 3:48:28 PM
What I find really works well is to have a stickum made saying "property of AJ".

When you're getting a bit amorous, you just stick the stickum....

Well....you get the idea.

:)
 privat33r
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2012 6:26:06 PM
I have never had this conversation. Always assumed that the new babe was seeing other dudes. Always I was wrong. They're not very tempted if they're getting something a bit like what they want.

Of course if you must ask.. maybe look for a skintight latex bodice, halter and nylons, a buttplug, hand her a riding crop and bend over lifting your Swedish farmgirl outfit's skirt. These things are surprisingly cheap on eBay, local, ship quickly, and might go well with that question. Its Christmas.
 islandwetness
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/1/2012 2:37:38 AM
Basically ask her...where is this going..ur a great gal..but do u want to settle own with me...simple and out there...
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 26
Posted: 12/1/2012 6:09:26 AM
~~~~~
I have never had this conversation. Always assumed that the new babe was seeing other dudes. Always I was wrong. They're not very tempted if they're getting something a bit like what they want.
~~~~~
This is 100% true. I've always been one to date multiple men instead of just one. But eventually one of them takes up all my time and/or all my interest.. there need be no talk to sort it all out.. it's the natural progression of a relationship. Of course there is always the rare man who comes along and immediately I have no interest in others.. of course then I have no idea what I'm doing.. it's like foreign territory and my feet never touch the ground. lol. I think when they knock your "dating routine" (for lack of a better phrase) out of whack from the get-go you've got something good and you know it.

Anyway.. OT.. I've never had this conversation.. Kinda like the guy I quoted said. The guys always assume I'm dating others and I always assume he is. It works our when suddenly I realize that every weekend is being spent with him and there is no way either one of us is seeing others. That is how you "make" someone truly exclusive. You let it be their choice. Kinda like how a guy becomes your boyfriend... it's when he calls himself your boyfriend to others, not when you decide he is. LOL

~~
Of course if you must ask.. maybe look for a skintight latex bodice, halter and nylons, a buttplug, hand her a riding crop and bend over lifting your Swedish farmgirl outfit's skirt. These things are surprisingly cheap on eBay, local, ship quickly, and might go well with that question. Its Christmas.
~~
lol.. this is funny!
 sigungq
Msg: 27
Posted: 12/1/2012 5:36:52 PM
@ dforums,

If you guys have gone on more than 3 dates, the girl is exclusive, unless she works a strip club, or Hollywood and Vine......... Don't sweat it.
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 28
Posted: 12/1/2012 6:35:23 PM
Uh.. don't assume that.. I dated multiple guys for months at a time.. Until one of them got serious on me, or took up all my time or all the others moved on.. Still never had a talk about it. You know your exclusive by the way you are with each other, the amount of time you spend, what you talk about, how you behave. I was honest, if they did ask i told them I was dating others. I've only been asked once, if I was dating others. I told him I was.. and he then instead of asking me to only date him.. asked me out days in advance for every weekend day and night and as many weekday nights as he could.. I was exclusive with him by default rather quickly after that. Once I decide i'm only going to be with one guy, I cut off all the others.. it's not fair to them if I didn't.
 privat33r
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2012 8:02:08 PM
You two live too far apart. Sig, if it happens somewhere outside Kansas City don't let Confused get ahold of tape. Girls are freakish when they have control. It is a terrible thing to show up late on Monday with no hair on your arms. No one in cubeland says anything but they never forget .
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/2/2012 11:17:31 AM

If you guys have gone on more than 3 dates, the girl is exclusive, unless she works a strip club, or Hollywood and Vine......... Don't sweat it.

Oh dear!! You're going to be one of those who posts in here wondering why she was dating others when you assumed she wasn't. Three dates hardly means exclusivity. Ten+ years ago I dated a man once a week for over a year and never once dreamed of being exclusive, didn't have sex and I dated a myriad of others at the same time. If you honestly believe 3 dates means exclusivity, I'm afraid you're going to be sorely disappointed......a LOT. That just isn't reality for the vast majority of people. JMO
 NOCLOWNING
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/2/2012 11:43:52 AM
I am with everyone else, who said, 10 dates, and no sex yet!!
Dont ask her until you have sex. You have to know, if you will please each other.
Good -Luck!!
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/2/2012 11:45:03 AM
All these posts about having the "exlusive" talk... You guys are really making me think I'm doing it wrong...

Every girlfriend I've had, we've never had to talk about it, we just kind of hit a point where it was obvious.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >