Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Come back to my place for a.........CoffeePage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Apparently (from another post) inviting or accepting an invitation for coffee with a date is the same as 'want to come up and see my etchings).

Personally, I have in the past and will in the future, invite people for coffee and then they will get coffee, if they are lucky I might give them more than just coffee - biscuits

If I want to invite them back for anything else then I will be clear about what is on offer - probably just a glass of wine
 ~Hams~
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Come back to my place for a.........Coffee
Posted: 12/1/2012 3:14:38 AM
I invited a woman back to my place the other day to iron my shirts for me but for some reason she turned down my offer.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2012 3:46:03 AM
I just say that I want to time her to see how long it takes to fill up the kettle, stick the coffee in the cup alongside the sugar and poor in the milk while I am backscuttling her. ;-)
 TheYorkMan
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/4/2012 2:47:17 AM
If that question is asked.... You ask for clarification.
Is it 'coffee' that is being offered, as a means to round off a good evening with something non-threatening and a way to prove that whilst there may be some sexual chemistry in the air, two adults can be together in private without the need to get into an involved bout of coitus.....
Or.....
Is it 'coffee' that is being offered, as an unsubtle means to round off a good evening with something that is likely to cause major regret and embarrassment when waking up the next morning with a hangover whilst trying to remember the name of the person who is rapidly pulling clothes back on and mouthing something about an appointment they have to rush off to.....
 AthenaMarina
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2012 2:25:07 AM
I've had "Come back to my place and I'll show you my travel photos and then you can decide if you want to stay or go but at least come and see em - if you want."
AND
YES
"Come back to my place for coffee"
(thinking coffee sounds good)
"Oh sorry I have no coffee, how about water?"
(I THINK it was water, I forget now!)
 eve1962
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2013 2:32:27 PM
Most people assume it means come back for a shag. But it could just be c'mon in, let's talk more and get to know each other.

My ex the first night we met, I asked him back for naked cuddles. Coffee was the last thing on my mind.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2013 4:24:57 PM
^^^ If sex is on the menu then I want at least a sample. Sex is sex and if it feels right then why be so moralistic? It does not cheapen anything as long as your both singing from the same hymn sheet.
 curviest
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2013 9:34:39 AM
"If you just want sex - in the current climate -wouldnt it be better to offer 50 cups of Earl Grey?"

That reply was sheer genius! (Wish I'd thought of it!)

"Come back for coffee" ALWAYS means sex. I thought everyone knew that?

On many sites (not so much this one) the word "meet" also means sex (I learned that one the hard way!)

As in - "do you want to meet" or "have you had any meets?"
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >