Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GeordieColin
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Second date at hers?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Her spotting it would be akin to her overhearing you calling up a mate to ask him if the powdered side of a condom should be on the outside or inside ;-)
 ChocolateTrousers
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Second date at hers?
Posted: 12/3/2012 7:16:51 PM
Hmm. If a girl I was dating wanted to watch the xfactor I'd lose all confidence in myself. She clearly has terrible taste.
 TheYorkMan
Msg: 5
Second date at hers?
Posted: 12/4/2012 3:45:03 AM
I think I can beat anyone in the 'let's stay in and watch shit tv' top trumps game.
I tried to arrange a second date for a saturday night, only to be told 'no can do, Family Fortunes is on'.
She was a lovely woman, and I actually thought it was an excuse because she didn't like me, and felt a second date wasn't appropriate...
However, we did go on a few more dates (and I did go to hers on a Saturday), before developing a relationship...And she really did have a Family Fortunes fetish going on!!
 gurufabbes
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Second date at hers?
Posted: 12/9/2012 5:08:25 PM
Nice,

I suggest bringing some condoms, gloves and chloroform. (I'm kidding. Please don't ban me)
 ~Hams~
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Second date at hers?
Posted: 12/10/2012 9:06:19 AM
Maybe the gloves are so he can do the washing up after dinner while she enjoys herself watching the X factor?
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Second date at hers?
Posted: 8/2/2013 1:44:42 AM
Resurrecting this thread for a bit of advice I suppose.

My last couple of dates have wanted a second date at their houses. My immediate assumption is that they are just looking for a quick leg over. This really isn't my thing and when I explain that I would not be comfortable with this scenario they get annoyed.

I have a second date arranged for next week, he's mentioned drinks at his or going into town, I've suggested we go into town. He then came back with "You are welcome to stay at mine" Hmmm I've declined but now unsure about the date as I have concerns about his intentions.

Have I just turned into a cynical dater or am I right to be unsure??
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 11
Second date at hers?
Posted: 8/2/2013 2:13:41 AM
Rose I think you assessments are accurate.

while she enjoys herself watching the X factor?

Is that a euphemism?!
 try1more
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Second date at hers?
Posted: 8/2/2013 10:25:16 AM
"My last couple of dates have wanted a second date at their houses. My immediate assumption is that they are just looking for a quick leg over. This really isn't my thing and when I explain that I would not be comfortable with this scenario they get annoyed."

the fact they got annoyed suggests your assumption was correct, that or they were very unrealistic.

"I have a second date arranged for next week, he's mentioned drinks at his or going into town, I've suggested we go into town. He then came back with "You are welcome to stay at mine" Hmmm I've declined but now unsure about the date as I have concerns about his intentions"

again sounds like you have reason to be unsure, but only you will know if "you" are the reason you're unsure or if "he" is.
although from what you say it's him thats the reason.

" he's mentioned drinks at his or going into town, I've suggested we go into town. He then came back with "You are welcome to stay at mine""

he gave you a choice but you made the wrong one, so he's given you a chance to correct it :-)

i could be wrong but given the way you described it that would be my interpretation.
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Second date at hers?
Posted: 8/2/2013 11:00:21 AM
Thanks for input guys. Have decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and just see what happens.Though I'll be steering clear of his bedroom for now!!
 GeordieColin
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Second date at hers?
Posted: 8/2/2013 1:47:06 PM

Resurrecting this thread for a bit of advice I suppose.

My last couple of dates have wanted a second date at their houses. My immediate assumption is that they are just looking for a quick leg over. This really isn't my thing and when I explain that I would not be comfortable with this scenario they get annoyed.

I have a second date arranged for next week, he's mentioned drinks at his or going into town, I've suggested we go into town. He then came back with "You are welcome to stay at mine" Hmmm I've declined but now unsure about the date as I have concerns about his intentions.

Have I just turned into a cynical dater or am I right to be unsure??

It is hard to except that you really needed advice on this?
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Second date at hers?
Posted: 8/2/2013 2:22:54 PM

It is hard to except that you really needed advice on this?

Accept even....;)

Perhaps reassurance then rather than advice? I'm rubbish when it comes to this dating lark, just felt the need to voice my concerns!
 GeordieColin
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Second date at hers?
Posted: 8/2/2013 2:38:23 PM

Accept even....;)

I will not have a go at you if you don't have a go at me,biatch!
I was near to uneducated as far as spelling was concerned until the internet came about. Thankfully I was able to keep up with my girls learning enough to have an influence on their education before they took over me! :-)
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >