Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What's so wrong with cheating, really?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GenJayne
Msg: 26
What's so wrong with cheating, really?Page 2 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Well. Good for you. It sounds like you're a sneaky f&ck. I would prefer to know if my lover had other friends like me. I've never had an std and I hope to stay that way. I like to be informed before I make a decision for myself.

If you want to be a player, why not just be a player? I don't understand why you have to cradle this other life when you really just want to f&ck like it's a sport. You are preserving the lie, but you are lying to yourself. If you can not have a truly committed relationship, why are you trying to pretend that you can? That's absurdity, not ignorance.
 Makeyafamos
Msg: 27
What's so wrong with cheating, really?
Posted: 12/4/2012 2:05:39 PM

Your profile says you have a Bachelor's degree. And just because you witness people cheating on tests, etc. doesn't make it right. Whoever said you're thinking was morally flawed was right. Did your parents never teach you right from wrong?

Have no idea about the profile, it might have self-filled. Anyway, my education is irrelevant for this discussion.

I never said it was right, but I never said it was wrong either. I don't have an opinion on what other people choose to do. For those students they felt it was something that was right for them, so I leave it at that.

I know what's right and wrong for myself, I don't need to impose my morality or judge the actions of others as to what they should and shouldn't be doing. And I'm very comfortable with my moral compass.
 Rheostatic
Msg: 28
Posted: 12/4/2012 2:07:53 PM

This is all fine and dandy and I AGREE with you. Like I said many times though - if the person NEVER knows what's going on, trust isn't lost. Women that I've been with had no idea. And they perceived me as that good man you speak of. So what harm occurred?

An important part of being a man, let alone a good one, is taking resposibility for your own actions. Until you learn that, you're just some dumb kid. And you're using the same type of argument that dumb kids use, so you might want to work on that.
 carolann0308
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2012 2:11:01 PM
If you do not care if your partner cheats on you as long (as you don't find out) then I don't see a problem. Some people prefer to remain ignorant or to ignore a partners sexual indiscretions. It was a very common practice amongst women prior to the sexual revolution. For generations women looked the other way in order to maintain their social status. As long as you are both comfortable with the 'don't ask, don't tell' policy then no one gets hurt.

I would have to ask, have you ever really been in love? Because most people i know have a very tough time forgiving cheating when they really love their partner. It is difficult to separate intimacy from sex.

Not getting caught and being honest, are two very different things.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/4/2012 2:15:28 PM
If the teacher doesn't know about it, she can't tolerate it. And cheating on tests is rampant in education.

But to address the logic of it, I think you infer some morality issue. For me personally, I have a Master's degree. And I've witnessed several hundred of my classmates over the years cheat on assignments

Hey kid, because others have done a crime first is no excuse- seems that ya can't even keep your stories straight online when you have time to try to think...

IRL, some of us predict that with your lack of respect for truth, your local law enforcement may already have a file on you, and that by the time you begin to mature,
they may have you behind bars for at least a few years.
Try not to do any violent crime, if you ever want to see your kids and grandkids play baseball or in their backyards at their houses..

VVVV
Seriously, how do you not see this? Are you trolling? I'm finding it incredibly frustrating.

Likely, I'm thinkin teenager and no drivers license. Don't letem get ya all worked up, they have a right to exist too, as long as they don't attempt to grab my wheels or electronics...
I've helped put over 100 behind bars for things like that...

Hey Mickey, read my lips... There will be a guy like me watching sometime when you go to commit a crime,
and then "Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?"
 Rheostatic
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/4/2012 2:21:50 PM

I know what's right and wrong for myself, I don't need to impose my morality or judge the actions of others as to what they should and shouldn't be doing. And I'm very comfortable with my moral compass

But the very fact that you "go to great lengths" to make sure your partner doesn't find out means you think it's morally wrong. Why hide it in the first place if you didn't?

Seriously, how do you not see this? Are you trolling? I'm finding it incredibly frustrating.
 five-marie
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2012 2:27:00 PM
I get what you're saying, you're not the first to ponder this. "What they don't know won't hurt them".
People saying this are usually doing something nasty to someone else.
Thing is cheaters/liars do get found out. Those finding them out are devastated. They no longer trust as they once did, they are forever changed by this behaviour.
If you don't really care about who you're with I guess this doesn't matter to you.
If you truly are the only one who ever knows you cheated are you okay with yourself? Do you mind that you're a liar?
People usually act upon their conscience, this makes us different from other mammals.
Your post sounds like you're almost proud that you've figured this out, you're actually no different than all the other cheaters.
 carolann0308
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2012 2:31:47 PM

I've witnessed several hundred of my classmates over the years cheat on assignments, and tests in order to do what they need to do. And I could care less, because it didn't effect me. That's on them. And at the end of the day, it hurt no one.

No one?
Only the reputation of the school if the cheating is found to be rampant. Look at the scandle at Harvard this year, and that was 129 students that swore they had misunderstood the assignment as opposed to purposly cheating on the exam.
How about the other students who studied and then had their grades lowered because of a skewed bell curve?
What about the employer that hires a candidate based on their completing the specific graduate program? Nothing like an employee that lies on a resume.

Kind of makes an un-earned degree a bit worthless.....don't you think? Why do you think the US military academies have such strict policies about cheating? Someone unprepared to do a job may get the guy next to him killed.
 RandomFish123
Msg: 34
Posted: 12/4/2012 2:35:53 PM

If a woman is cheating on me (and they may have, I don't know or care), as long as I don't know about it - I'm not hurt

^^^^ This is where your statement is flawed.

"As long as you don't know about it -- you're not hurt"? ...... Okay, so what if YOU KNEW about it? ... Would you be hurt then? ... Would you feel disrespected and cheapened? .....

You don't even observe WHY you say "as long as you don't know about it -- you wouldn't be hurt". .... It is implying that IF it was otherwise, you would, in fact, feel hurt.

Your statement may very well be just a flimsy facade to excuse guilt from your conscience. You know it is wrong -- that's why you say you don't want to know about it. .... If you could truly accept it for what it is -- you would not need for your partner to cover up their cheating on you. You would be completely okay knowing that they were having sex with other ppl while they were with you as well.

Or perhaps you just have a fetish for being cuckolded? ....

** In the meantime, wouldn't hurt to get STD checkups on a regular basis as well if you're okay or even encouraging of sleeping with other ppl behind your so-called significant other's back. ..... Too many people conveniently ignore the fact that condoms do not protect you 100% from catching STD's. They just lower your chances of it.
 clayart
Msg: 35
Posted: 12/4/2012 2:38:57 PM

Hope that got your attention.

Ok, what I really mean to say is, what's so wrong with having sex with someone else, while you're in a relationship?

That's where I stopped reading.
You should put your doctor on speed dial and even though you are most likely fvckin' a bunch of HO's you should pay for their visits also. I guess the moral issue never entered your mind.
You claim to have a Bachelors Degree. Do you realize that doesn't mean you have to be a bachelor all your life ?

Did you get enough attention yet ??????
 phoenix_55
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/4/2012 2:42:58 PM
It's pointless for us to try to convince the OP his thinking is fundamentally flawed. He has no moral compass. He seems content and even proud to be a sneaky little sh*t. Unfortunately, he doesn't realize that what goes around comes around. I predict his next thread will be some whiney sob story about how a girl cheated on him ...
 deere_rancher
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2012 2:49:13 PM

I believe I addressed this exact situation in my original post. As long as I don't know, I'm fine with her doing what she wants to do. I wouldn't feel anything, because I wouldn't know what she was doing.

But what if you do find out ..? then what ..? because everytime you cheat , you run the risk of getting caught
in fact ,the more times you cheat ,the higher the odds are ..you will get caught .!

The consquences of what will happen to .. my wife /kids family ..everyone in your life if you get caught
Thats what stops most people ,...at least the ones who give a rats azz about anyone but themselves !!!

OP .. your question is fantasy ..!..there is no way to cheat , that takes all the risks of getting caught out of the equation

So your question is bullshlt..!
 Walts
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/4/2012 3:00:44 PM
Basically OP, what you are telling us is you don't mind being an ignorant person walking around all smiles and happy because "you don't know". In other words, as long as we keep you stupid, you're happy????? Cause, son,right now your feelings are all based on "not knowing".

You're happy cause you're ignorant. You're smiling cause you "don't know"(and oh yeah, "don't care" either). Well, if you don't care, and you don't mind being ignorant, I'm NOT going to tell you who,why and where, okay???? You must be jumping for joy now, correct????? (ignorant people are sooooooo easy to please,no thanks required) Your Mommy and Daddy must also be very proud.
 SunForSome
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/4/2012 3:02:01 PM
All the BEST women like commitment

If you are okay living your life on illusions and nothing real... why don't you tell yourself that the BEST women like sexual diversity and like to sleep around??? Then spend your time chasing after these women because afterall they are the BEST. You just said so yourself. The BEST women sleep around. The BEST women sleep around. The BEST women sleep around.

Say it a million times until you actually believe it. Now just stay focused on these types. Okay.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/4/2012 3:10:15 PM
OP
ignorance is bliss. I don't want to know.

All "big" talk...Of course, if you don't know...it can't bother you!

I have seen a few men in my life (that cheat)...they are with women that are unsuspecting...maybe too trusting...some naive....a few have reached the stage of ...they knew and didn't care..now that's just sad!
Boggles the mind. Not to mention...other people talk and love to squeal....word gets around.

Plus....there are tell tale signs to watch for.
Trust me.....when you meet someone you truly cared about and there was a few suspicious incidences or she flirted with someone in front of you....you would be asking a few questions...like anyone else!
 Brodigy
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/4/2012 3:16:32 PM
If you're in a relationship with someone you truly care about it shouldn't matter whether or not they KNOW....YOU know .

Look up Sociopath in the dictionary.

Good luck.
 Love.Notes
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/4/2012 3:25:57 PM
OP Let me put it nicely...Although you don't take responsibility for cheating and don't see it as deception at all. Nor do you see it as wrong. You won't stop there...the lies will grow. No matter if it's on a school test or lying while in a relationship, or lying to your family, or lying to your friends or lying to yourself. You are still very much responsible for the character you have become. You are responsible for the choices you make in life, the good ones along with the bad ones. You are responsible for your moral standards how high and how low you set them is entirely up to you. How you apply them to your life is entirely up to you. You can continue to do exactly what you're doing and believe exactly what you believe now and no amount of wisdom/advice/will stop you. We can advise you but it's likely not going to go to far because this is a mind set that you enjoy doing. And, you see nothing wrong with it.

So you already know the answer to your question. And you already know what most people in here will tell you. And you already know if you will continue to deceive many or stop. You like who you are. You like the fact that you can get away with it. You like lying to people, you like secrets, you like taking unhealthy risks at the expense of others. This is the character you built for yourself. This is how you live your life. You set the standards no one else!

This type of character you have developed, is not well accepted by most people (not that you care) but I'm just saying. Sooner or later this web of deceit you "feel" has no barring on life or the lives of those you hurt, will someday turn around and bite you in the as$. It may not now, you may get away with it for years to come, but the deeper you go into deception the harder it is get out .

Something to think about. I hope this helps
 ggpaws
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/4/2012 3:38:48 PM
WOW think I should have put my cup on before I read that one. Knew it was going to get rough.
 OutMind
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/4/2012 3:43:34 PM
So you are a cheater that likes to cheat, and finds every justification and excuse to cheat. Great. You will always end with women that are just like you.

The rest of us my find people with bigger principles, bigger aspirations and bigger goals in a relationship.
 VB_Mermaid1974
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/4/2012 3:46:30 PM
OP- Since you are okay with cheating on a woman then I hope that you wont mind when one of these women that you cheat on cuts your Di*k off. Oh... and I also hope that you wont mind when you get to the ER, that the doctor you see happens to be the one that cheated in medical school and fails at sewing in back on.
 NOCLOWNING
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/4/2012 3:48:37 PM
I believe in karma. You keep doing what ever you want. There will be a day, your gonna find a women, fall deeply in love, and she will cheat on you. Just remember this. When it happen's.
 OutMind
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/4/2012 3:51:01 PM

just another one shooting what little brains he had left out the head of his dyck.

Brain, what brain?
 patrick28t
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/4/2012 3:53:30 PM
If you're going to cheat, then at least you should have the decency to be safe about it (condoms), but then sex with a condom is almost not worth having, so then why cheat at all? For the safety of both of you...

There's a fine line between an agreed-upon "don't ask, don't tell" policy and deception.
 AquaLinda
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/4/2012 3:59:43 PM
Nobody wants to feel like just one of many others you are having sex with. It's a total turnoff and deal breaker, and I would worry about STDs. Personally, when I'm REALLY into someone, I'm not interested in seeing let alone having sex with anybody else. Maybe that's just the difference between men and women again.
 AJ2517
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/4/2012 4:11:12 PM
"Now enjoy your lunch"........Priceless, along with the post.....Says it all!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What's so wrong with cheating, really?