Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Would you still be on POF if it wasn't for the Forums???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tillybud1
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Would you still be on POF if it wasn't for the Forums???Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I joined POF when I was in a dark and lonely place two years ago, I joined because I was then recently single and was recommend to join here by a friend. I had always thought internet dating sites were for weird saddo's ( that's was me! ) Anyway I never really had any intention of dating strangers I thought the idea of meeting somebody on a blind date off here quite terrifying, so for the first few weeks I was what I now know to be a "time waster" on here, I would reply and chat to messages but didn't want to meet. Then I found the forums and found the topics really interesting, funny ...sometimes depressing ... sometimes repetitive... but better than the dating side of POF .

I have been really lucky now 2 years later, to have made and met some brilliant friends off here and a fabulous man, but I still come back to catch up with the goings on ...still sometimes boring .. still sometimes repetitive .. ....but still additive ! I wonder if I will ever permanently delete my profile and not be a member any more ?
So would you still be on POF if it wasn't for the Forums???
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Would you still be on POF if it wasn't for the Forums???
Posted: 12/8/2012 12:23:49 PM
i`ve given up on the dating side of things on here, but i do like reading the forums, even though i`m hardly a prolific poster myself, so, if the forums were to go, then i`d probably be away too :O)
 Pete2205
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2012 12:32:35 PM
Ditto --- Pretty much given up any hope of meeting someone on here but the forums are great and on nights when I have little else to do I will always find a topic of interest to debate about. There are some great posters on here with strong opinions. Some I will agree with and others I could never find a compromise with.

Its a great site and long may it continue
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2012 12:35:57 PM
Yes I think so... only time will tell!
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2012 3:16:31 PM
I don't pay much attention to the dating side, even when I get a message that tiny bit of excitment has gone. I have met a lot of good friends through the Forums with whom I chat/debate and even meet on occasion.

I still keep an eye on the Forums and check regularly to see what updates there have been - sometimes I post, sometimes I don't, depending on the topic. They go through stages of being pretty lame with nothing worthwhile to comment on although recently they have been a bit meatier.

In the unlikely event that I met anyone, I would remain on the Forums, to me they are just a place where people give their opinions. If it weren't for all the 'poor me' threads, I could almost forget about the link to the dating side.

If the Forums didn't exist or became a pay only feature then whilst I wouldn't delete my profile, I wouldn't bother to log on.

Congratulations Tillybud on making some great friends and finding a man thingy that you like and makes you happy :o)
 Tillybud1
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2012 3:39:58 PM
Thank you Gemini Lady :)

I agree if the Forums become a pay only feature then I wouldn't bother logging on any more either.
It's nice to know that in your unlikely event of meeting your own man thingy, you would still be on here to share your thoughts ! lol ........ Merry Christmas :O)
 ~Hams~
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2012 2:38:39 AM
Congrats OP on finding your fish.-0)
The forum isn't sadly as lively as it used to be a few years ago but its still possible
to learn something new on a regular basis and always interesting to read peoples points of view on different subjects.
So to answer the question no i wouldn't still be on here if wasn't for the forums and singles events.
West Ham have more chance to win the Premier League than i do of finding a woman who could put up with me!
 Tillybud1
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2012 4:07:36 AM
So from the majority of replies more posters are of the opinion that without the Forums they wouldn't still log on here ......
Personally I think this feature is POF 's biggest success :) I know without it I wouldn't have stayed just on the dating side for very long at all , or met my many hopefully life time great friends! I can honestly say that finding the Forums for me was better than any therepy money could buy ! Ha ha

And MsSunshine :) ....could you imagine the rabble that would turn up ! LOL !! ;)

^^ Cinders XXX lol ^^ I meant hypothetically !
 Tillybud1
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2012 1:46:17 PM
Thanks .... I met him through the Forums though , so the Dating side has always been redundant to me, I was always more content reading on here everybody else's dating experiences/horror stories than actually date myself ! lol
 GeordieColin
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2012 3:53:28 PM

Unless you are planning on buying a Thai or Russian Bride women don't cost money....

Tell that to a guy with very little spare money who wants to date. Even going dutch means incurring costs that you would not otherwise spend.
I am only here for the forums. Point me towards a forum with as much traffic and which does not cater predominantly for a specific audience and I will check it out :-) I love these fora for the cross section of opinions and personalities and contribute now and then :-)
 gurufabbes
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2012 4:34:39 PM
I actually have recently discovered the forums on here, after being on this site both in the UK and back in Canada.

So far I think it's a better way to actually discover people in their natural habitat and see whether they have any intellect and conversation.

I suppose it's also a good random place to meet people here from the UK. Personally the even minute possibility of meeting peopel one speaks with here is enough to make participating in even just casual chat interesting.

I'm sure people have noticed that one tends to have a different personality entirely depending on the milieu.
 bmore_goat
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2012 3:30:06 PM
I haven't actively dated on here on almost 3 years. If it wasn't for the forums or the odd POF events, I would have deleted my profile a long time ago.
My profile is hidden and I've stated in my profile not looking for anyone.
I'm actually a lifetime member on a couple of paysites (they were given out like candy about 4 years ago) and haven't logged into them in a couple of years eventhough I get notices someone is checking me out. Just not interested in online meetings anymore.
 Aggers
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2012 3:07:34 AM
Ears are burning???????

Only for the forums too, mind you it seems to be a massive whingefest, still!
 Allan Anger
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/15/2012 8:51:32 AM
Hi Tilly. I live long distance, but would still chase you round half the world.

d.
 Tillybud1
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2012 12:22:18 PM
[ Hi Tilly. I live long distance, but would still chase you round half the world. ]

Awww Thank you Allan Anger ^^^ If I wasn't already in one I might have let you !! :)

And that is why the forums are so great ! (Even though I couldn't post a reply in here for three days !! ) At least most of the people in here seem normal and down to earth and enjoy a good debate without being sleazy or scary ... It is nice to know I can log on here anytime and find something that interest's me , unlike the other side ..

^^^^Waves at Matt ...Hi !!
 ChocolateTrousers
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2012 2:29:37 PM
Yes. Sometimes I think maybe I'm here in spite of the forums.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Would you still be on POF if it wasn't for the Forums???