Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tgif111
Msg: 226
Marijuana Legalization and the stereotypePage 10 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
derpity derp derp ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

derpity derp derp

derpity derp derp

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread

I CAN POST ON THIS THREAD AND I WILL!!!
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 227
Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype
Posted: 3/2/2015 11:36:16 AM
And now I can do the same thing on 2 out of ten limit posts. Thanks.

(Damn, that's easy.)
 geezOmystars
Msg: 228
Posted: 3/2/2015 12:41:12 PM
;) ah ha ha Geez , tgif111 Who pissed in your cornflakes? Such a chip, on your shoulder . . While U yell, Focus! Sounds more LiKe a dictator, trying 2 shove, one side down my throat . . While, reality requires a 3-D approach . . I hear U don't want some . . Right . . Focus!

Medicine/Herbs are NOT 4 everyone, nor the same dosage. Don't take medicine, when U don't need It!

I prefer a natural approach. My body agrees. I have tried the chemicals, with disastrous results. My Drs are aware.

I agree. Nothing is the ideal.
I won't get there.
I agree, with the reality, of the growing brain, right into young adulthood, is more susceptible 2 later on addiction. As in, that which U feed It, during those critical growing years, the brain hard wires in.
Thankfully, I grew up really good kids, who were NOT allowed, what I got away with . . & therefore, they are NOT hard wired, LiKe, I am.

I have focus. I'm NOT big on rude.

Have a nice day!
 calguy14
Msg: 229
Posted: 3/2/2015 12:47:25 PM
@tgif
Of course you can post in this thread.How about something reasonable that doesn't sound like a redneck hiding in his bomb shelter circa 1953?Claiming anybody that has a puff is a "doper" is ridiculous.More great ideas came out of Southern California and influenced an entire generation of creative thinkers than you realize.Just look at how many computer and software guys got high....a little sparks creativity....too much is another story....moderation.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 230
Posted: 3/27/2015 9:39:45 AM
Animal Study Suggests Marijuana May Affect Future Offspring’s Susceptibility to Heroin

Can marijuana use put offspring at heightened risk for opiate addiction, even if the use stops before the offspring are conceived? Recent animal research by NIDA-supported scientists suggests that the answer may be yes.

Dr. Yasmin L. Hurd and colleagues at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City showed that rats whose parents had been exposed as adolescents to the main psychoactive ingredient in marijuana sought heroin more vigorously than the offspring of unexposed animals. Although more research is needed to confirm and explain the findings, they are consistent with other studies suggesting that a parent’s history of drug use, even preconception, may affect a child’s brain function and behavior.

Lasting Imprint

Scientists have known for a while that drugs of abuse produce some of their effects epigenetically—that is, by increasing or decreasing the rates at which the body’s genetic machinery produces certain proteins. Researchers recently reported that some epigenetic changes produced by cocaine appear to be inherited and affect the behavior of subsequent generations. In that experiment, rats whose parents had been exposed to cocaine responded differently when introduced to the drug than did rats whose parents had not been exposed.

Dr. Hurd and colleagues hypothesized that rats whose parents were exposed as adolescents to the main psychoactive ingredient in marijuana (delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC) would inherit epigenetic changes that would alter their responses to heroin. To test the hypothesis, the researchers injected adolescent male and female rats with THC for 3 weeks on an intermittent schedule (1.5 milligram per kilogram of body weight every 3 days) that corresponds to the amounts consumed by a typical recreational marijuana user. They waited 2 to 4 weeks for the drug to wash out of the rats’ bodies, then paired and mated them.

Figure 1. Offspring of THC-Exposed Parents Work Harder To Get Heroin  When only a single press of a lever was required to obtain a dose of heroin, the offspring of THC-exposed and unexposed rats self-administered similar amounts of the drug. However, when the researchers raised the work requirement to 5 lever presses for a single dose, the rats whose parents had been exposed to THC pressed almost 3 times as often as the offspring of unexposed rats.

When the offspring of these matings reached adulthood, the researchers presented them with a lever that, when pressed, delivered heroin (30 micrograms per kilogram of body weight). At first, the animals self-administered the drug at roughly the same rates as a group of control animals whose parents had not been exposed to THC. However, when the researchers made the animals work harder for the drug—requiring them to press the active lever at least 5 times to receive a dose—those whose parents had been exposed to the drug pressed on average nearly 3 times as often as the control rats (see Figure 1).

When the researchers removed the animals’ access to heroin, the THC-exposed rats’ offspring exhibited more pronounced withdrawal symptoms, such as increased locomotion and repetitive behaviors. Also during withdrawal, the two groups of rats differed in their readiness to approach a novel stimulus in their environment.

Figure 2. Offspring of THC-Exposed Rats Show Long-Term Depression of Synaptic Activity in the Striatum Medium spiny neurons in the dorsal striatum of rats whose parents had been exposed to THC responded less to electrophysiological stimulation than the neurons in rats whose parents had not been exposed to THC.
Text Description of Graphic
Using electrophysiology, the researchers also demonstrated that the offspring of the THC-exposed rats had altered neuronal functioning (see Figure 2). The specific alteration that they observed—enhanced long-term synaptic depression of medium spiny neurons in the dorsal striatum—has been associated with addiction in previous studies. The neurons are less responsive to stimulation, which inhibits an individual’s ability to adjust to experience and results in habitual and compulsive behaviors rather than adaptive ones.

To identify the epigenetic factors that might underlie the differences they had observed in the offspring of the THC-exposed animals, the researchers assayed concentrations of messenger RNA (mRNA) for key proteins in the brain. The formation of mRNA is the first step in the process of protein production, and mRNA levels indicate how much protein is being produced at a given time. The researchers’ analysis showed that, during adolescence, the THC-exposed animals’ offspring had higher levels of mRNA for glutamate receptors and for the cannabinoid 1 receptor in the ventral striatum. During adulthood, the offspring of the THC-exposed rats had less mRNA for N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA)-type glutamate receptors in the dorsal striatum (see Figure 3). Reduced production of glutamate receptors could underlie the reduced responsiveness to stimulation researchers observed in that brain region.

Figure 3. Offspring of THC-Exposed Parents Show Decreased Expression of Genes for Key Receptor Genes in the Brain Expression of genes for the glutamate-responsive receptors NMDA (Grin1 and Grin2A) and α-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazole propionate (AMPA) (Gria1) and for the endocannabinoid receptor CB1 (CNR1) was lower in the dorsal striatum of adult rats whose parents had been exposed to THC. These changes in gene expression suggest an epigenetic effect of THC on glutamate and endocannabinoid signaling in the brain.
Text Description of Graphic.
Is It Real?

The Mount Sinai researchers took pains to rule out potential nonepigenetic explanations for the differences they observed between their groups of rats. One concern was that the THC-exposed rats’ pups might themselves be exposed to the drug during gestation, resulting in altered brain development. To preclude this possibility, the researchers postponed mating their THC-exposed animals until sensitive gas chromatography and mass spectrometry confirmed that no drug remained in the animals’ blood or brain tissue. Another concern was that the THC-exposed animals might parent differently than the unexposed animals, potentially altering their offspring’s responses to heroin. To prevent this, the researchers removed the THC-exposed animals’ pups from their parents immediately after birth and had unexposed dams raise both groups of offspring in mixed litters.

Despite these careful controls, Dr. Hurd and colleagues say that they cannot completely rule out nonepigenetic explanations for the alterations they observed in their THC-exposed rats’ offspring until they see what happens in the next two generations of their germ line. The researchers are proceeding with this work.

“The idea of cross-generational transmission of complex traits such as drug responses without alterations to the genome is contentious,” says Dr. John Satterlee, Project Officer at NIDA’s Genetics and Molecular Neurobiology Research Branch. “Is it real? And if it’s real, how is it transmitted?” he asks.

Dr. Satterlee agrees with Dr. Hurd that studies on future generations are needed to definitively rule out the possibility that nonepigenetic factors led to the observed effects in the offspring. Previous exposure to THC theoretically could affect the womb or placental formation, he says, or lead to changes in the parents’ microbiome—the assemblage of microorganisms in the gut controlling a variety of conditions and behaviors—that were then transmitted to their offspring.

“If the effect is real, it’s important,” Dr. Satterlee says. “If studies show that marijuana use also shows cross-generational effects in people, those results would add to the known dangers of the drug and amplify the importance of prevention efforts, especially those aimed at youth,” he adds.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/news-events/nida-notes/2015/02/animal-study-suggests-marijuana-may-affect-future-offsprings-susceptibility-to-heroin
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 231
Posted: 3/27/2015 11:30:59 AM

Can marijuana use put offspring at heightened risk for opiate addiction, even if the use stops before the offspring are conceived?

If you are a rat and have access to pure THC and Heroin then possible yes.

Because if you did the same experiment with sugar instead of marijuana you would probably see similar results.

Also should be noted that the National Institute on Drug Abuse has done some sketchy stuff in the past with regards to their reasearch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Institute_on_Drug_Abuse
 11qq
Msg: 232
Posted: 8/6/2015 3:10:25 PM
I was elated that Chris Christie said that when he's elected President he would enforce ALL federal laws and those states and those people who are selling and using marijuana would be arrested and dealt with properly.

I advocate jail for these dopers, both users and sellers.
 07songsungblue
Msg: 233
Posted: 8/6/2015 3:38:47 PM
I hope Christi is going to do something about the obesity problem too as it's probably costing more money dealing with the obesity epidemic than good lad boy Tommy that smokes a joint on the weekend. Christi should lay off the Twinkies.

A friend was just prescribed medicinal marijuana by her doctor for chronic pain. She's tried oxy, Percocet, etc. and that shyt is scarier than marijuana. Her retired police detective husband is glad she's trying this instead of the heavy duty shyt that just screwed her up.
 HFX_RGB2
Msg: 234
Posted: 8/7/2015 7:46:45 AM

I was elated that Chris Christie said that when he's elected President he would enforce ALL federal laws and those states and those people who are selling and using marijuana would be arrested and dealt with properly.

Yes because the USA needs a +300lb guy objecting to people using pot because he claims it leads to addictions and the loss of self-control.
 HFX_RGB2
Msg: 235
Posted: 8/11/2015 8:41:22 AM
Meanwhile in Colorado:

Colorado Sells $34 Million in Marijuana in One Month: $3.4 Million Goes to Schools, and Crime Down 15%
June 7, 2014
Steven Bancarz

Anyone who thought the legalization of marijuana would be a dangerous move is up against some serious numbers. Weed sales are continuing to incline, and crime rates are continuing to decline.

Not counting medicinal weed sales, Colorado sold over $34 million in their recreational weed market in the month of August JUST for the purpose of recreation. $3.4 million of that (10%) goes straight into government coffers and towards building schools. At this pace, according to PolicyMic, Colorado will make at LEAST$30 million this year in pot taxes alone.

Read more about the dangers of how too much money for education at:

http://thespiritscience.net/2014/06/07/colorado-sells-34-million-in-weed-in-august-3-4-million-goes-to-schools-and-crime-down-15/
 BialaPolska
Msg: 236
Posted: 8/12/2015 6:02:57 AM
Legal/semi Legal 420 is a good idea. Damn. I have to congratulate FX for an intelligent post. With 3 recreational states and 28 medical ; folks are finally starting to awaken regarding cannaboid health benefits. Sadly , as usual , the "fed gubmint" is still napping. As commonplace , Obongo ignores States Rights by refusing to change draconian federal edict. This as with many other issues has resulted in judicial stalemate.
 pepperstrand
Msg: 237
Posted: 8/23/2015 4:35:50 PM
It is an herb. It makes you high, so what, most people when they do it, sit around laugh a lot and watch t.v. until they get the munchies. It also has many health benefits. People forget you can make a tea out of it. Glucoma which runs in my family can be controlled with it. M.S. sufferers benefit greatly from it. Cancer sufferers can eat. I am sure there are others but until we realize that there are other way more harmful substances out there right now the government will continue to bother people with health issues. I think they should focus on meth, e, etc.... and forget about pot.
 HondoGal
Msg: 238
Posted: 8/23/2015 5:30:50 PM

Glucoma which runs in my family can be controlled with it. 

That is a fallacy unless you want to go around stoned 24/7. Which some people think not a bad idea, lol.

“This short period of time is a major drawback for the use of marijuana as a glaucoma treatment. Because glaucoma needs to be treated 24 hours a day, you would need to smoke marijuana six to eight times a day around the clock to receive the benefit of a consistently lowered IOP. Because of marijuana's mood-altering effect, smoking so much of it daily would leave you too impaired to drive, operate equipment or function at the peak of your mental ability.”
http://www.geteyesmart.org/eyesmart/living/medical-marijuana-glaucoma-treament.cfm

Smoking pot is not good for your lungs but in moderation…

If we were to legalize and tax it, not only would government benefit from the additional tax revenue but it would put a lot of bad people out of business.

LOLTrump
Msg: 239
Posted: 6/12/2017 1:07:14 PM
Is Legal Pot Crippling Mexican Drug Trafficking Organizations? The Effect of Medical Marijuana Laws on US Crime
The Economic Journal
9 June 2017

Abstract

We show that the introduction of medical marijuana laws (MMLs) leads to a decrease in violent crime in states that border Mexico. The reduction in crime is strongest for counties close to the border (less than 350km), and for crimes that relate to drug trafficking. In addition, we find that MMLs in inland states lead to a reduction in crime in the nearest border state. Our results are consistent with the theory that decriminalization of the production and distribution of marijuana leads to a reduction in violent crime in markets that are traditionally controlled by Mexican drug trafficking organisations.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/ecoj.12521/full
 dragonbytes
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2017 1:30:03 PM
I am in favor of legalizing pot and making it's use similar to alcohol, I think it's less dangerous than alcohol.

You get high, but otherwise it's pretty harmless, of course someone can abuse it and get high all day long, but it's pretty easy to control one's use.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 241
Posted: 6/13/2017 7:16:19 AM
So the party of less goverment and the guy you ran on the promise that he would respect state marijuana laws if elected just broke another promise.

Exclusive: Sessions Asks Congress To Undo Medical Marijuana Protections
By Tom Angell | June 12, 2017

U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions is asking Congressional leaders not to renew a current federal law that prevents the Department of Justice from spending money to interfere with state medical marijuana laws.

“I believe it would be unwise for Congress to restrict the discretion of the Department to fund particular prosecutions, particularly in the midst of an historic drug epidemic and potentially long-term uptick in violent crime,” Sessions wrote in a letter to Republican and Democratic House and Senate leadership. “The Department must be in a position to use all laws available to combat the transnational drug organizations and dangerous drug traffickers who threaten American lives.”

The letter, sent to Capitol Hill last month, was shared with MassRoots by a Congressional staffer.

The protections are the result of a rider — known as the Rohrabacher-Farr amendment, after its lead Congressional sponsors — which has been enacted into law with strong bipartisan votes for the past three fiscal years, including the current one.

https://www.massroots.com/news/exclusive-sessions-asks-congress-to-undo-medical-marijuana-protections
 YouRAWancar
Msg: 242
Posted: 1/4/2018 8:09:55 AM
Just more proof that the tRumptards are freedom hating people.

Or they where not smart enough to understand they voted for a con man.

Though there is the chance that they actually want big government telling them what they can and can not do.

AP NewsBreak: US to end policy that let legal pot flourish
By SADIE GURMAN
Jan 4, 18

WASHINGTON (AP) — Attorney General Jeff Sessions is rescinding the Obama-era policy that had paved the way for legalized marijuana to flourish in states across the country, two people with knowledge of the decision told The Associated Press. Sessions will instead let federal prosecutors where pot is legal decide how aggressively to enforce federal marijuana law, the people said.

The people familiar with the plan spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss it before an announcement expected Thursday.

https://apnews.com/19f6bfec15a74733b40eaf0ff9162bfa
 trinity818
Msg: 243
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2018 11:54:10 AM
https://www.denverpost.com/2018/01/04/cory-gardner-jeff-sessions-marijuana-policy/

“Before I voted to confirm Attorney General Sessions, he assured me that marijuana would not be a priority for this administration,” Gardner said in a statement. “Today’s action directly contradicts what I was told, and I am prepared to take all steps necessary, including holding (U.S. Department of Justice) nominees, until the attorney general lives up to the commitment he made to me prior to his confirmation.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 244
Posted: 1/4/2018 12:30:47 PM

“Before I voted to confirm Attorney General Sessions, he assured me that marijuana would not be a priority for this administration,” Gardner said in a statement. “Today’s action directly contradicts what I was told, and I am prepared to take all steps necessary, including holding (U.S. Department of Justice) nominees, until the attorney general lives up to the commitment he made to me prior to his confirmation.

Corey Gardner is a fool for believing Sessions would keep his word.
 chameleonf
Msg: 245
Posted: 1/4/2018 12:43:33 PM
What is to be expected?? Trying to quash anything with Obama's name on it must be what makes Trump's "button" bigger, no matter if it's good, bad or indifferent to making America great again. As for Sessions and his past insistence that pot causes more violence, he'd only be correct insofar as what non-regulated variations may cause because of what it's laced with, together with the violence caused by the illegal importing/growing/selling and the already violent predisposition of those in that illegal "industry". There is far more violence caused by alcohol consumption, but that doesn't fit with the degenerate-in-chief's agenda because it's not on the wipe out Obama legacy list. What a bunch of backward thinking old dinosaurs.
 MsSkeezix
Msg: 246
Posted: 1/4/2018 2:17:13 PM
chameleonf wrote in part:
the degenerate-in-chief's agenda because it's not on the wipe out Obama legacy list. What a bunch of backward thinking old dinosaurs.

Such hostility<<< Stash all smoked up and gone? Hate when that happens.I get cranky too<<<

;-)

hahahahah
 chameleonf
Msg: 247
Posted: 1/4/2018 2:43:42 PM
^^^pfft I've tried it a few times but don't like it (inhaled even *snickers*). When does truth become viewed as hostility anyway?? Facts are facts - Trump is a degenerate, his agenda is trying to wipe out Obama's legacy...and both he and Sessions are backward thinking dinosaurs. I'm quite happy watching them make fools of themselves - just not too pleased about the potential for death and destruction at the whim of an old fool displaying obvious signs of mental instability. Recreational pot becomes legal here in July 2018 for those who partake. Woot for them!
 gtomustang
Msg: 248
Posted: 1/4/2018 3:07:57 PM
"the degenerate-in-chief's agenda is to wipe out Obama's legacy"
"such hostility! what's your problem, hahaha"

>>>someone who is caught on camera bragging about grabbing women's genitalia and forcing himself on married women--that's not a degenerate? ok. Meanwhile, chump has talked about legalizing the noxious weed

https://notallowedto.com/donald-trump-to-legalize-marijuana-in-all-50-states/

But let's consider what the GOP claims to stand on:

Get government out of the lives of private individuals!
Support small business!
State rights matter!
Create jobs inside America, don't outsource!

How does going after pot manufacturers cue up to that lip service? Oh well, I guess we still view pot smokers as losers abusing a medical loophole, and fentanyl users as the good hard working 'mericans who accidentally got hooked on pain killers.
 introvertedkinkster
Msg: 249
Posted: 1/5/2018 2:22:32 PM
Smoking pot doesn't age you, it doesn't damage your organs, you can't overdose from it, it's not physically addictive, it doesn't cause violence. That's a far better outcome than alcohol.

I'm a daily smoker. I can still live a perfectly normal functioning life.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 250
Posted: 1/5/2018 3:50:04 PM
Kinkster/cobster/Zero/spy/Robaus....says:

Smoking pot doesn't age you, it doesn't damage your organs, you can't overdose from it, it's not physically addictive, it doesn't cause violence. That's a far better outcome than alcohol. I'm a daily smoker. I can still live a perfectly normal functioning life.

yah think so !!!!!!!

http://www.medicaldaily.com/marijuana-use-causes-brain-damage-confirmed-241869

well, the cause behind his dvmb-fvckery is now apparent!!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype