Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 YouRAWancar
Msg: 241
Marijuana Legalization and the stereotypePage 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Just more proof that the tRumptards are freedom hating people.

Or they where not smart enough to understand they voted for a con man.

Though there is the chance that they actually want big government telling them what they can and can not do.

AP NewsBreak: US to end policy that let legal pot flourish
By SADIE GURMAN
Jan 4, 18

WASHINGTON (AP) — Attorney General Jeff Sessions is rescinding the Obama-era policy that had paved the way for legalized marijuana to flourish in states across the country, two people with knowledge of the decision told The Associated Press. Sessions will instead let federal prosecutors where pot is legal decide how aggressively to enforce federal marijuana law, the people said.

The people familiar with the plan spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss it before an announcement expected Thursday.

https://apnews.com/19f6bfec15a74733b40eaf0ff9162bfa
 trinity818
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype
Posted: 1/4/2018 11:54:10 AM
https://www.denverpost.com/2018/01/04/cory-gardner-jeff-sessions-marijuana-policy/

“Before I voted to confirm Attorney General Sessions, he assured me that marijuana would not be a priority for this administration,” Gardner said in a statement. “Today’s action directly contradicts what I was told, and I am prepared to take all steps necessary, including holding (U.S. Department of Justice) nominees, until the attorney general lives up to the commitment he made to me prior to his confirmation.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 243
Posted: 1/4/2018 12:30:47 PM

“Before I voted to confirm Attorney General Sessions, he assured me that marijuana would not be a priority for this administration,” Gardner said in a statement. “Today’s action directly contradicts what I was told, and I am prepared to take all steps necessary, including holding (U.S. Department of Justice) nominees, until the attorney general lives up to the commitment he made to me prior to his confirmation.

Corey Gardner is a fool for believing Sessions would keep his word.
 chameleonf
Msg: 244
Posted: 1/4/2018 12:43:33 PM
What is to be expected?? Trying to quash anything with Obama's name on it must be what makes Trump's "button" bigger, no matter if it's good, bad or indifferent to making America great again. As for Sessions and his past insistence that pot causes more violence, he'd only be correct insofar as what non-regulated variations may cause because of what it's laced with, together with the violence caused by the illegal importing/growing/selling and the already violent predisposition of those in that illegal "industry". There is far more violence caused by alcohol consumption, but that doesn't fit with the degenerate-in-chief's agenda because it's not on the wipe out Obama legacy list. What a bunch of backward thinking old dinosaurs.
 MsSkeezix
Msg: 245
Posted: 1/4/2018 2:17:13 PM
chameleonf wrote in part:
the degenerate-in-chief's agenda because it's not on the wipe out Obama legacy list. What a bunch of backward thinking old dinosaurs.

Such hostility<<< Stash all smoked up and gone? Hate when that happens.I get cranky too<<<

;-)

hahahahah
 chameleonf
Msg: 246
Posted: 1/4/2018 2:43:42 PM
^^^pfft I've tried it a few times but don't like it (inhaled even *snickers*). When does truth become viewed as hostility anyway?? Facts are facts - Trump is a degenerate, his agenda is trying to wipe out Obama's legacy...and both he and Sessions are backward thinking dinosaurs. I'm quite happy watching them make fools of themselves - just not too pleased about the potential for death and destruction at the whim of an old fool displaying obvious signs of mental instability. Recreational pot becomes legal here in July 2018 for those who partake. Woot for them!
 gtomustang
Msg: 247
Posted: 1/4/2018 3:07:57 PM
"the degenerate-in-chief's agenda is to wipe out Obama's legacy"
"such hostility! what's your problem, hahaha"

>>>someone who is caught on camera bragging about grabbing women's genitalia and forcing himself on married women--that's not a degenerate? ok. Meanwhile, chump has talked about legalizing the noxious weed

https://notallowedto.com/donald-trump-to-legalize-marijuana-in-all-50-states/

But let's consider what the GOP claims to stand on:

Get government out of the lives of private individuals!
Support small business!
State rights matter!
Create jobs inside America, don't outsource!

How does going after pot manufacturers cue up to that lip service? Oh well, I guess we still view pot smokers as losers abusing a medical loophole, and fentanyl users as the good hard working 'mericans who accidentally got hooked on pain killers.
 introvertedkinkster
Msg: 248
Posted: 1/5/2018 2:22:32 PM
Smoking pot doesn't age you, it doesn't damage your organs, you can't overdose from it, it's not physically addictive, it doesn't cause violence. That's a far better outcome than alcohol.

I'm a daily smoker. I can still live a perfectly normal functioning life.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 249
Posted: 1/5/2018 3:50:04 PM
Kinkster/cobster/Zero/spy/Robaus....says:

Smoking pot doesn't age you, it doesn't damage your organs, you can't overdose from it, it's not physically addictive, it doesn't cause violence. That's a far better outcome than alcohol. I'm a daily smoker. I can still live a perfectly normal functioning life.

yah think so !!!!!!!

http://www.medicaldaily.com/marijuana-use-causes-brain-damage-confirmed-241869

well, the cause behind his dvmb-fvckery is now apparent!!!!!
 from site to sight
Msg: 250
Posted: 1/5/2018 5:18:09 PM

I'm a daily smoker. I can still live a perfectly normal functioning life.

I'm sure that's what alcoholics say about their drinking. I can see one side effect you have from smoking up daily. You forget you have shaving cream on your face. Do you always have a beer when you shave?

In places where pot is legal, I wonder how long it will take before statistics come out about how many car accidents and fatalities are caused by stoned drivers. Sometimes, drivers have a fraction of a second to react to a situation to avoid an accident. If a person is mellowed out from smoking up, their reflexes are going to be the pits. Then there will be a campaign similar to the Don't Drink and Drive campaign, where some people get the message, and others who think they are too good of a driver to ever be in an accident, no matter how impaired they are-until it happens to them.
 YouRAWancar
Msg: 251
Posted: 1/5/2018 6:50:43 PM

In places where pot is legal, I wonder how long it will take before statistics come out about how many car accidents and fatalities are caused by stoned drivers.

What is preventing you from finding out that information?

Why has it not happened yet?

Maybe that is because it wont.

Sometimes, drivers have a fraction of a second to react to a situation to avoid an accident. If a person is mellowed out from smoking up, their reflexes are going to be the pits.

When people drink they over estimate their abilities, when they get high they underestimate their abilities.

So if someone was high there is less chance they are put in that situation and if so, a pot head is still going to react faster than a drunk.
 introvertedkinkster
Msg: 252
Posted: 1/5/2018 7:41:44 PM
yule_liquor

yah think so !!!!!!!

http://www.medicaldaily.com/marijuana-use-causes-brain-damage-confirmed-241869

well, the cause behind his dvmb-fvckery is now apparent!!!!!

I can play this game too.

https://www.leafscience.com/2017/01/10/marijuana-kill-brain-cells/
 Whisky_River
Msg: 253
Posted: 1/5/2018 8:53:40 PM
This is from your link @introvertkink

Temporary Effects on the Brain
While research shows that marijuana use does not lead to permanent brain damage, there is evidence of temporary impairments in those who use the drug.
Specifically, marijuana is known to interfere with specific aspects of memory and learning. However, this effect only lasts for a short duration of time.

“We do know that temporarily using cannabis does work in areas of the brain that are involved in memory and learning… but it’s completely reversible once the drug wears off,” explains Dr. Verbora.
However, their scores returned to normal levels within 28 days, leading the researchers to conclude that even heavy use of marijuana “produces no irreversible mental deficits.”

So...if you're a daily smoker....your brain doesn't return to normal...in other words
 introvertedkinkster
Msg: 254
Posted: 1/5/2018 9:49:15 PM
Depending on the person and how often you smoke it, after a couple of hours or less, you are pretty damn normal. Alcohol takes a lot longer. Regardless how much you smoke up in a night, the next day you will be perfectly fine. You can't say that for alcohol though. If you binge on alcohol on a night, you won't be able to drive for the first half of the next day.

I never drive until at least a couple hours after my last smoke.

I've known plenty of daily pot smokers who have high education and have high status careers. It's not the pot that makes people losers, they would have been losers anyway without it.
 deetristate
Msg: 255
Posted: 1/6/2018 2:38:51 AM
I see . . .

Many of you are voluntarily entering the Age of Soma.

"""Soma, a fictional hallucinogenic drug to keep society peaceful and happy in Aldous Huxley's novels Brave New World and Island.""

"""""The use of soma totally shapes and controls the utopian society described in Huxley's novel Brave New World as well as symbolize Huxley's society as a whole. This pleasure drug is the answer to all of life's little mishaps and also serves as an escape as well as entertainment. The people of this futuristic society use it in every aspect of their lives and depend on it for very many reasons. Although this drug appears to be an escape on the surface, soma is truly a control device used by the government to keep everyone enslaved in set positions. """"

The rest of us will handle things. Don't worry.

( you will just get a lot of ad hominem rather than an actual response from " it " ( "it" tittilates itself like that) so here is what I found):

""""""Marijuana use in driving is a growing, contributing factor to fatal crashes," said Jake Nelson, the director of traffic safety advocacy and research at the American Automobile Association (AAA) said. "It's a highway safety problem that we should all be concerned about." [Where Americans Smoke and Grow Marijuana].""""
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 256
Posted: 1/6/2018 5:35:47 AM
Does anyone here wonder why any Africa-American would support a return to "the war on drugs" which incarcerated several generations of young African-American men? Perhaps all those accusations about other posters is just this poster emulating a tactic taught to her by the King of Deflection?

I do so like it when "states rights", open market, deregulation ideologically aligned people suddenly do an about face, and seeking to justify their new leftist ideology they point to one study instead of looking towards a balance of information:

"“The combined-state analysis shows that the first three states to legalize recreational marijuana have experienced more crashes,” said Matt Moore, senior vice president of the IIHS's Highway Loss Data Institute, in a statement.

But hot on the heels of that analysis came a second study, published in the American Journal of Public Health (AJPH), that found no increase in vehicle crash fatalities in Colorado and Washington, relative to similar states, after legalization.

The authors of that study analyzed federal data on fatal car crashes from 2009 to 2015. “We found no significant association between recreational marijuana legalization in Washington and Colorado and subsequent changes in motor vehicle crash fatality rates in the first 3 years after recreational marijuana legalization,” they concluded.

On the one hand, a finding that legalization led to a small but significant increase in crashes. On the other, a study concluding that legalization had no effect on fatal crashes at all. Do the two contradict each other?

Not necessarily. The studies measured slightly different things: IIHS looked at claims for motor vehicle collisions, while the AJPH report focused more specifically on fatal crashes. It seems plausible that legalization could lead to a slight increase in minor accidents that don't prove fatal.

Indeed, federal research has shown that while smoking weed before driving does indeed elevate your risk of crash, it's nonetheless far less impairing than alcohol, which dramatically increases the likelihood of a crash even at small doses.

Beyond that, the two studies used different baselines for comparison. The IIHS report compared legalization states to their neighbors. The AJPH study, on the other hand, chose comparison states not based on geography but on other shared characteristics: traffic patterns, makeup of roadways and population.

Both approaches have their strengths. But in the end, it's hardly surprising that choosing different comparison states will yield slightly different results on similar measures.

Any increase in car crashes is cause for concern. But on balance, public health experts worry more about fatal crashes than nonfatal ones, for obvious reasons. The AJPH study is heartening news on that front, and it comes on the heels of previous research showing that medical marijuana laws are also not associated with increased vehicle fatalities, and may in fact lead to fewer traffic deaths."
 deetristate
Msg: 257
Posted: 1/7/2018 6:30:45 AM
Really?

So you are agreeing with what I wrote while trying not to agree.

OK.

That's fine.

Again, a leftists trying to tell black people what to think and how to act.
So typical.

(Not to mention the essence of racism exhibited in you by assuming that "they all deal and use marijuana and support it."

Actually, given the Oxycontin and similar drug related Caucasian overdoses and drug dealing and deaths and the Obama established policy of

"drug use is a societal problem best solved by rehab rather than prison" (because there are now a lot of whites affected?)

it would be interesting to see whether they actually do restart the "war on drugs" and how it is battled and against whom.
 I_Am_Con_S_Tip_ated
Msg: 258
Posted: 4/8/2018 9:08:18 AM
Oh hell yeah, as an avid smoker, I believe it is safer then being drunk, plus you are not half as annoying and... in fact, I think it is time to roll up... puff, puff, pass.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 259
Posted: 4/8/2018 9:17:57 AM
In the ramping up to the legalization of marijuana here in Canada the authorities are ridiculously concerned about impaired driving. I hadn't realised people who smoked pot now can't remember where they put their car keys.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2018 2:37:43 PM

Oh hell yeah, as an avid smoker, I believe it is safer then being drunk, plus you are not half as annoying and... in fact, I think it is time to roll up... puff, puff, pass.

Only thing better than being a little high on pot is to add in a few beers!
Posted: 4/9/2018 2:58:31 PM

Only thing better than being a little high on pot is to add in a few beers!

LOL I will disagree, makes me greenout, everytime.
 Goyswontbereplaced
Msg: 262
Posted: 4/10/2018 9:52:35 AM
Legal states have seen a 20-30% reduction in opioid scrpts. You bet ; (((big pharma))) is pissed.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2018 2:17:41 AM
mary joo wanna and the stereotype? Right.

Despite the campaign to paint themselves better than alcohol drinkers and compare it to alcohol...I constantly see smokers screwing stuff up. Making mistakes and doing some kind of damage in the work place, on the road, etc. It's safer? Doesn't make you stupid? My arse. Smokers are too often the types to be as much juvenile delinquent types as anyone else. And smokers seem to think that they're exempt or special or something...smoking while driving, smoking in the work place. Effing punks, get out of my world. Learn how to smoke.

Doesn't help that weed today is high THC and low CBD, and bred and grown the way that it is. Like it's necessary to have such high amounts of THC. And weed is about the most dangerous crop in the world concerning the chemicals that are sprayed on them and put into the soil. You people are putting massive amounts of nasty chemicals into yourselves. Weed today smells nasty too. Used to like it's smell. The regular old school stuff smells lovely. This hydro or whatever the hell it is...just smells nasty. Offensive even.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype