Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tgif111
Msg: 76
Marijuana Legalization and the stereotypePage 4 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Dope. Guns. Pick one.

i'll have my gun for the doper who tries to burglarize my home because he chose marijuana and then graduated to harder drugs which he is addicted to.

marijuana is called The Gateway Drug for a reason.

the Liberals WANT Americans to become passive mindless twilight zone addle brain dopers so they can more easily manipulate the masses. America is in BIG trouble now and more than ever we need CLEAR thinkers, not zonked out doping zombies saying OK to every stupid thing the Liberals want. that's a Kardashian Society.
 overunity
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype
Posted: 1/4/2015 8:41:30 AM
Muh ha ha, REEFER MADNESS!!!!! (insert blood curdling scream here).
 theleathernun
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2015 8:45:29 AM

the Liberals WANT Americans to become passive mindless twilight zone addle brain dopers so they can more easily manipulate the masses. America is in BIG trouble now and more than ever we need CLEAR thinkers, not zonked out doping zombies saying OK to every stupid thing the Liberals want. that's a Kardashian Society.

Let me guess, you are angry because dopers keep chasing you for your Lucky Charms.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 79
Posted: 1/4/2015 8:47:24 AM
Muh ha ha, REEFER MADNESS!!!!! (insert blood curdling scream here).

My first thought when I read tgif111's post. Amazing what some people still believe.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 80
Posted: 1/4/2015 9:09:45 AM

i'll have my gun for the doper who tries to burglarize my home because he chose marijuana and then graduated to harder drugs which he is addicted to.

Are you afraid they will steal your booze?
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2015 9:17:51 AM
Is it just me or does anybody else see the irony in this?
A society that has demonized tobacco and tobacco companies as being unhealthy to all who use or come into contact with it... Is the same society that doesn't have a problem smoking something else and even endorses it. Wth?

For me it isn't so much about what it is but the mindset of the society. It's going to be an extremely difficult sell to convince me that enhaling smoke from any plant matter is any better than other plant matter. Smoke = bad, period.
I'm not agains't or for, it's just that society looks like a basket case once you sit back and start making comparisons. :p
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 82
Posted: 1/4/2015 9:30:06 AM

It's going to be an extremely difficult sell to convince me that enhaling smoke from any plant matter is any better than other plant matter. Smoke = bad, period.

For starters, cigarettes are not just plant matter, but tons of other chemicals.

If legal, you could grow your own weed and thus know exactly what went into making it. (Sun, dirt, water)

Then, do not smoke it.

Vaporize it, eat it, drink it.....
 tgif111
Msg: 83
Posted: 1/4/2015 10:42:46 AM
The point of this discussion should be this:

Is legalizing dope good for America or bad for America?

the answer is a very strong and obvious BAD for America.
 overunity
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2015 11:05:42 AM
That's YOUR answer, not necessarily THE answer. Don't talk for anyone other than your closed minded self.
 calguy14
Msg: 85
Posted: 1/4/2015 11:40:22 AM
@tgif111
Why not reconsider prohibition then?If we look at the damage alcohol has and will continue to cause,its tremendous.Can you drink responsibly?
I agree that there are serious issues concerning youngsters habitually consuming,
Did you manage to get beer as a kid?

I prefer A beer most of the time.

Don't smoke,its bad for your health.:)
 tgif111
Msg: 86
Posted: 1/4/2015 12:34:49 PM
Michael Brown had marijuana dope in him when he stole those cigars to make blunts and pushed the little shopkeeper. he then argued with, fought with and tried to take the gun of Officer Wilson. Dope affects different people in different ways. but it is never a good thing.

if you Liberals think taking dope is a good thing for America, state your case why it is good for America and good for society.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 87
Posted: 1/4/2015 12:47:40 PM
You do realize that there are a gazillion crimes committed every day by folks that are completely friggin sober? Your stupid is showing, maybe tuck it in.
 theleathernun
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2015 1:38:03 PM

Your stupid is showing, maybe tuck it in.

That isn't possible, he would need big boy pants for that. There just isn't that much room in a pair of 6x's.
 calguy14
Msg: 89
Posted: 1/4/2015 3:08:39 PM
Despite what anybody says about legalization not being a benefit,read what Mr.Fication says.Weed production will still go on illegally,and invasions happen a LOT.I know a woman whose son got invaded last week,nobody calls the cops and these guys(Somalis) keep going.Unless really heavy laws were enacted,it won't stop.And what he said about prices.Legal is a lot more.
 robaustralia
Msg: 90
Posted: 1/4/2015 3:22:58 PM
I would suppose that legalising any type of activity that is currently illegal is going to create a few unforeseen problems. I know there is a black market for tobacco in my town.
For any states that are considering legalising MJ, I think they would be better waiting and then picking the model that works best in other states/countries.

I find it rather hypocritical that in my state the fine for growing tobacco without a permit is greater than growing MJ.
 HondoGal
Msg: 91
Posted: 1/5/2015 2:01:31 AM
MJ is not habit forming!…I know; I’ve been smoking it for 50 years - Willy Nelson (and others).

There is more tar in MJ than there is in cigarettes. Certain type of lung cancers are directly attributable to smoking. It is the tar that damages the lungs. Given that many MJ smokers also smoke cigarettes, lung cancer is something to be wary of.

As for whether or not MJ is additive:

Q. Is marijuana addictive?
A. Sometimes. About 9% of those who experiment with marijuana overall — and nearly 17% of those who use it as teenagers — will become addicted, according to the definition of addiction used in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Volkow says. Up to half of people who smoke marijuana daily become addicted.
According to the 2012 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, 2.7 million people over age 12 meet criteria for addiction to marijuana.

robaustralia is right, MJ does cause fatal car crashes:

Q. How is marijuana related to car accidents?
A. Marijuana doubles the risk of a car accident when people try to drive soon after using it. Marijuana causes more car accidents than any other illicit drug, a 2013 study shows. In comparison, being legally drunk — with a blood alcohol level of 0.08% — increases the risk of an accident by five times.
In a study released earlier this year, Columbia University researchers found that marijuana contributed to 12% of traffic deaths in 2010, triple the rate from a decade earlier.

Not all is so benign in stoner haven:

Q. How is marijuana related to mental illness?
A. Marijuana increases the risk of psychosis, in which people lose touch with reality and may experience delusions, hallucinations and paranoia, Volkow says. Marijuana is also associated with chronic psychotic disorders, such as schizophrenia, in people who are genetically susceptible. Heavy marijuana use can lead these people to experience a psychotic episode two to six years earlier than otherwise.
Colorado police have reported two deaths this year related to psychosis-like episodes in pot users. In March, a 19-year-old African exchange student jumped off a hotel balcony after eating a marijuana cookie. The next month, a Denver man who had purchased marijuana, including an edible form called "Karma Kandy," began hallucinating and fatally shot his wife.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/27/risks-of-marijuana/10386699/

As for legalizing it; it already is. There are not penalties for small amounts only for the sellers/distributors.
 Dee4166
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2015 4:43:07 AM
Studies NOT backed up by details about where/how/when specific statistical data was created/collected and by whom, are next door to completely USELESS...

Of course they ARE useful for promoting a particular groups interests or agenda and/or as "page-filler" in a "news" magazine...
Or for attempting to "faux" legitimize a point of view on a public forum....

I've noticed that a LOT of people on here are quite fond of posting links to various "studies" and articles like this...which are impossible to take seriously to anyone who has actually taken a statistics class...
 HondoGal
Msg: 93
Posted: 1/5/2015 10:39:29 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well of course you can ignore that study and most others, because YOU are an authority on almost everything. Pfftt.

You don’t need empirical evidence; fine. I prefer it to blather.
 raxarsr
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2015 11:52:49 PM
the biggest road block to leagilazation is that there no field test that can be done to determine if someone is under pots influence...............think breathalizer

instead of rallying on and on about making pot legal.........how about using your brain power to come up with a field test so cops can prove your driving while high
 Dee4166
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2015 4:18:38 AM

You don’t need empirical evidence; fine. I prefer it to blather.

Well if you read the article that you, yourself posted, you will see that there are a lot of claims made and NO details about how those stats were collected...which renders them useless...

Guess it's virtually impossible for you to make your point without being personally insulting and juvenile, huh???

For someone who's so interested in the "veracity" of virtually anything that I've posted here, claiming that I'm lying due to a lack of "proof" or documentation, whatever THAT is, lol, you seem to feel NO need whatsoever to provide any kind of actual solid proof of your OWN claims, aside from a magazine article citing but not actually referencing any specific studies and/or experiments on the topic at hand...
And, when that's pointed out, you immediately go for a personal attack...
Typical...
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 96
Posted: 1/6/2015 4:59:13 AM

the biggest road block to leagilazation is that there no field test that can be done to determine if someone is under pots influence...............think breathalizer

Ah the old, we can not test for it, so we must not allow it derp.

Sorry that excuse goes right out the window when you understand that there are thousands of prescription pills that people could be on that would impair their driving and there are already established protocols for determining if someone is impaired while driving regardless of what drug they may have taken.

instead of rallying on and on about making pot legal.........how about using your brain power to come up with a field test so cops can prove your driving while high

How about using your brain power to understand that there already are field tests established.
 tgif111
Msg: 97
Posted: 1/6/2015 7:01:31 AM
how about if the Kardashian Society of stoners start to think of what is GOOD for America rather than what is GOOD for themselves.

Liberals - me,me, me what is good for ME????

Tea Party - what is good for AMERICA???
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 98
Posted: 1/6/2015 10:13:13 AM

Tea Party - what is good for AMERICA???

Fanatics and zealots of any party are not good for any country, including the good ole U.S.A. The teabaggers are fanatics, can't seem to see the "separation of church/state" thing, have just as many liars, cheaters and pigs in the trough as any party, narrow minded, closed minded, mysoginistic, anti anything except big money in their pockets, and pretty just plain old azzholes with an even larger me, me, me attitude.

There is nothing wrong with the average conservative or the average liberal...too much either way is the issue.

And again tgif - your stupid is showing, maybe tuck it in.
 robaustralia
Msg: 99
Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype do
Posted: 1/6/2015 12:32:18 PM
MSG 100
And when you did your statistics class, you must have been absent the day when the teacher revealed that statistics don't lie, statisticians do.

Statistics cannot not be 100% correct.However they do reveal trends. I read in the newspaper that 1 in 18 drivers in my state test positive for THC . Because I have no idea how those statistics were collated, then using your logic, I would have to render them useless.

Being dismissive of statistics, just because you don't know how they are collected is juvenile. It just reveals that you don't like what they reveal.
 chameleonf
Msg: 100
Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype do
Posted: 1/6/2015 12:43:23 PM

I read in the newspaper that 1 in 18 drivers in my state test positive for THC .

Were you tested and everyone you personally know tested? If not, the statistic can't be accurate and can't even be considered a "trend". If it were 1 in 18 drivers in your state who were "pulled over" and tested, it would be a slightly more informative and accurate statistic. If it was further stated on which stretch of road and when, it would be an even more accurate statistic. It isn't being dismissive of statistics just because you don't know how they are collected. It's more a case of unrealistically believing every statistic you come across without an understanding of how they were compiled, by whom and for what purpose - many have an ulterior motive behind them.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype