Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 101
Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype doPage 5 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

Statistics cannot not be 100% correct.However they do reveal trends. I read in the newspaper that 1 in 18 drivers in my state test positive for THC . Because I have no idea how those statistics were collated, then using your logic, I would have to render them useless.

Yep, that is pretty much the case as you have no way of knowing how they arrived at that number.

As you have no idea what sample group was used or even the size of the sample group, so not to question the data would be an epic failure.

Being dismissive of statistics, just because you don't know how they are collected is juvenile. It just reveals that you don't like what they reveal.

Your statement shows you have little to no understanding of statistics or you are prone to talking bullsh*t at face value.
 tgif111
Msg: 102
Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype do
Posted: 1/6/2015 2:13:27 PM
isn't it great!

in addition to drunks on the road we'll now have the pleasure of dealing with stoned twilight zoned out zombies.

the dumbing down of the American Kardashian Society continues.
 robaustralia
Msg: 103
Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype do
Posted: 1/6/2015 3:39:33 PM
MSG 105

What I do know is that drug testing is conducted all over my state regularly. So to my mind the 1 in 18 would be an accurate assessment.

MSG 106

I see your bedside manner hasn't improved since you remorphed yourself from Aristotle Amadopolis after you got banished from the forums for consistently producing masturbatory posts.

Why don't you do something productive and produce some statistics that show that THC is not a factor in road trauma? Because you can't. Instead you just have to be a complete arsehole about the whole issue. Which statistically speaking proves you are just that, an arrogant arsehole.
 gtomustang
Msg: 104
Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype
Posted: 1/6/2015 4:17:29 PM
the Tea Party focuses on what's good for America, over the rights of an individual? I think the Libertarians in the TP would disagree with you, especially since most believe drugs should be legalized in order to lower the Fed budget spent on the Drug War--plus they just like the idea of the gov't getting out of their bedroom.

As for drugs and death, many times the toxicology report doesn't come back until the death certificate has already been typed and logged....think of some of the celebrity deaths in the past, the "drugs in the system" was announced about the time they were going into the ground.

There's a lot of money in legalization, just as there's money to be made in criminalization. As usual, attempts to find a logical middle ground will get stampeded over in a pursuit of the cash.
 Dee4166
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2015 6:08:12 PM
@robaustralia....

Was referring to another poster's post not yours and what you said just demonstrates your own lack of knowledge of stats and how they are collected as well as interpreted...
Refer to chameleon...she actually has the explanation that I can't be bothered to write...
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 106
Posted: 1/6/2015 6:21:07 PM

Why don't you do something productive and produce some statistics that show that THC is not a factor in road trauma?

Well you do realize you are asking me to prove a negative, but challenge accepted.

http://www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov/Crashes/CrashesCircumstances.aspx

Above if the link to the NCSA Data Resource Webite which is part of the NHTSA (National Hiwways Traffic Safety Administration) Basically the US government.

There you can sort all the accidents with pretty much every parameter with regards to continuing causes and you will see there is no sort for THC as it is not a big enough thing to even bother to put it in.

Also please feel free to provide a link with regards to where your information is coming from if you actually can.

Because you can't. Instead you just have to be a complete arsehole about the whole issue. Which statistically speaking proves you are just that, an arrogant arsehole.

Irony alert.
 etourdi65
Msg: 107
Posted: 1/7/2015 7:25:53 AM
Did you do a search or just pull that off one of your usual sources?

After alcohol, THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol), the active ingredient in marijuana, is the substance most commonly found in the blood of impaired drivers, fatally injured drivers, and motor vehicle crash victims. Studies in several localities have found that approximately 4 to 14 percent of drivers who sustained injury or died in traffic accidents tested positive for THC.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/drugged-driving
http://health.usnews.com/health-news/articles/2014/02/04/fatal-car-crashes-involving-pot-use-have-tripled-in-us-study-finds
http://www.healthnews.com/en/news/Marijuana-Use-Increases-Risk-of-Car-Accidents/1L2ETVNj189hrxpjaBaeBk/

Marijuana use involved in more fatal accidents in Colorado
http://medicalxpress.com/news/2014-05-marijuana-involved-fatal-accidents-colorado.html

Marijuana Car Crash Study: Smoking Before Getting Behind The Wheel Doubles Odds Of Crash
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/02/09/marijuana-car-crash-study_n_1266813.html
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 108
Posted: 1/7/2015 9:54:57 AM

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/drugged-driving

I am sure the National Institute on Drug abuse would not in any way use bogus stats to support their claims, like using surveys and then wording them in a way to make you think that they did not use a small sample and they extrapolate the data. So lets take a look then shall we:

According to the 2013 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), an estimated 9.9 million people aged 12 or older (or 3.8 percent of adolescents and adults) reported driving under the influence of illicit drugs during the year prior to being surveyed.

So lets just let the whole what the f*ck are 12 year old driving part and dismiss that and juts look at the fact that is an estimate based on a survey, so take that for what it is worth.

Though they do go on to explain that:

How Often Does Drugged Driving Cause Accidents? It is hard to measure the exact contribution of drug intoxication to driving accidents, because blood tests for drugs other than alcohol are inconsistently performed, and many drivers who cause accidents are found to have both drugs and alcohol in their system, making it hard to determine which substance had the greater effect.

Teens and Drugged Driving Vehicle accidents are the leading cause of death among young people aged 16 to 19. When teens’ relative lack of driving experience is combined with the use of marijuana or other substances that affect cognitive and motor abilities, the results can be tragic.

In 2011, 12 percent of high school seniors responding to the Monitoring the Future survey admitted to driving under the influence of marijuana in the 2 weeks prior to the survey. One NHTSA study found that in 2009, 18 percent of fatally injured drivers tested positive for at least one illicit, prescription, or over-the-counter drug (an increase from 13 percent in 2005).

also:

Other drugs commonly implicated in accidents include opiates, amphetamines, benzodiazepines, and cocaine. For instance, in a 2003 study of seriously injured drivers admitted to a Maryland shock trauma center, drugs other than alcohol were present in more than half of the cases.

These included marijuana (26.9 percent), cocaine (11.6 percent), benzodiazepines (11.2 percent), and opiates and other prescription drugs (10.2 percent). A quarter of the cases involved both alcohol and other drugs. Many prescription drugs including opioid pain relievers and benzodiazepenes prescribed for anxiety or sleep disorders come with warnings against the operation of machinery—including motor vehicles—for a specified period of time after use. When prescription drugs are abused (taken without medical supervision), impaired driving and other harmful reactions become much more likely.

So any intelligent person can see, that this only shows that people will take any number of drugs before they get behind the wheel and does not address the facts that legalization of marijuana will not zero affect on the highways.
 robaustralia
Msg: 109
Posted: 1/7/2015 2:23:04 PM
MSG 112

You do realise that trying to convince the resident statistical expert or AA that MJ is a factor in road trauma is a complete act of futility? Good try though.

BTW you can decipher AA as meaning Aristotle Amadopolis or Arrogant Arsehole, I prefer the latter.
 calguy14
Msg: 110
Posted: 1/7/2015 5:31:15 PM
The potency and the amounts people are consuming in edibles is a problem.Its not like 40 years ago with two toke Acapulco Gold being the gold standard.Now its one toke weed.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 111
Posted: 2/4/2015 11:07:54 AM

The potency and the amounts people are consuming in edibles is a problem.Its not like 40 years ago with two toke Acapulco Gold being the gold standard.Now its one toke weed.

So basically you are saying that people now smoke less because it is stronger.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and in related news:

Colorado is making so much money from cannabis it's having to give some back to citizens
Residents could see a share of the $50 million collected
Christopher Hooton Author Biography

Tuesday 03 February 2015

Colorado's marijuana experiment has been an empirically rousing success thus far, with crime down and tourism up, and now the state has collected so much money in tax from sales of pot that it might be legally obliged to give some back.

The state constitution puts a cap on the amount of tax money that can be taken in before some has to be returned, meaning Coloradans could see a share of the $50 million generated by sales of recreational cannabis.

It's such an uncommon situation that both Democrats and Republicans are in agreement on it - both insist that there is no point in returning the money to taxpayers, not something you usually hear the GOP saying.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/colorado-is-making-so-much-money-from-cannabis-its-having-to-give-some-back-to-citizens-10020466.html
 calguy14
Msg: 112
Posted: 2/4/2015 3:34:37 PM
@HFX
I smoke less,because I don't smoke on a continual basis,I have gone years between hoots.Regular smokers in my estimation are getting far more THC into their bodies.Just as an example,I looked through an old book of mine,they listed some samples from Ann Arbour,Miss,and Thailand.The Thai was 4.8% !Cannabis Cup winners are up around 25% now,with many over 20%.

A friend told me about some medical marijuana that they purchased.The son looked at it and asked where the crystals(resin heads of course)were.Apparently it wasn't very medical.
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2015 5:07:44 PM
when I was growing up, I never even saw the stuff - I wasn't in those circles. But when I got out of the military in the early '80s and went to university, I occasionally shared a few joints with some friends, and remember being pleasantly stoned from time to time.

2 years ago, I threw out my back. I couldn't sleep - there was no such thing as a comfortable position. I was sore and exhausted from days without rest. Some of my daughter's friends lived a few doors down from me, and for some reason thought I was "cool" - probably because I knew more about computers and computer games than they did, could whip their butts in trivial pursuit and (to their minds) knew more about history and military strategy than was humanly possible. I popped over and asked them if they had anything. After they recovered from their shock, they took some out and we passed a joint around. I remember having two quick tokes. It knocked me on my arse for about 8 hours ..... and that night I got the best rest I'd had in weeks.

What goes around now is absolutely NOTHING like what was going around when I was growing up. It was like the difference between a wine cooler and pure alcohol ........ or American beer and Canadian beer :)
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 114
Posted: 2/4/2015 5:25:31 PM

I smoke less,because I don't smoke on a continual basis,I have gone years between hoots.Regular smokers in my estimation are getting far more THC into their bodies.Just as an example,I looked through an old book of mine,they listed some samples from Ann Arbour,Miss,and Thailand.The Thai was 4.8% !Cannabis Cup winners are up around 25% now,with many over 20%.

So, it only means that there is weed with more THC.

Do you think it is possible to ingest too much THC?

A friend told me about some medical marijuana that they purchased.The son looked at it and asked where the crystals(resin heads of course)were.Apparently it wasn't very medical.

Do you understand that "Medical Marijuana" is not a particular strain but is a term used for marijuana that is bought for medical purposes?

So the amount of trichomes would only be an issue if that strain typically produced lots of trichomes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What goes around now is absolutely NOTHING like what was going around when I was growing up. It was like the difference between a wine cooler and pure alcohol ........ or American beer and Canadian beer :)

That would be like saying once I ate an apple and it was sour and then 10 years later I ate another one and it was much sweeter, thus apples are now sweeter.

Weed is even more diverse than apples, as there are two main strains (that produce two completely different results) along with more varieties and hybrids that you could count.

Then along with the fact that it is a plant and as such even the same strain from a sister plant can produce a different effect.

Along with the fact, that stronger weed only means that some weed is stronger and is not cause for concern as it does not pose a health risk in any way.
 tgif111
Msg: 115
Posted: 2/12/2015 1:41:31 PM

Colorado's marijuana experiment has been an empirically rousing success thus far, with crime down and tourism up...

and children overdosing......
 momsaysirock
Msg: 116
Posted: 2/12/2015 1:51:00 PM
^^

tgif, I thought you claimed to be a rib-rock Republican, against Big Government & Big Brother watching us all

now you seem to SUPPORT more Government bureaucracy & intervention, a bloated DEA, government telling individual citizens what they can or cannot do with their own bodies, etc. ?

which is it? can you make up your mind?

is it for no government intervention in things that YOU Like..but if other people happen to like things YOU do not, they should be forced to give them up,or act the way YOU think is right? (at the suggested point of government guns)

the Life, Liberty & Freedom, Pursuit of Happiness people would say people should smoke dope if they want to. AND use their guns (2nd amendment) against Big Brother cops who try to stop them from engaging in behavior which does not hurt nor put at risk, other people?

but in this case you support Big Government..a closet Obama supporter? :)
 overunity
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2015 2:02:19 PM
Tom Thumb actually believes you can OD on pot, msg 120.
 tgif111
Msg: 118
Posted: 2/12/2015 4:06:56 PM
what's good for long term America is what I am for.

I knew America when it was strong, powerful and full of potential, it's people mostly ONE.

then we each wanted our own individual rights and that is when it changed........for the worst.

I knew America at it's best.

our children will know it as second rate. unfortunately......because we are divided.

dope will only make America weaker, not stronger.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 119
Posted: 2/12/2015 4:34:14 PM

what's good for long term America is what I am for.

I knew America when it was strong, powerful and full of potential, it's people mostly ONE.

How the heck old are you???

I recall reading about the Japanese American internment camps, and I was of age during the Vietnam war protests, the race riots after Martin Luther King died, the impeachment of Richard Nixon. We as a country seemed pretty divided at those times.

Things seem pretty tame now days.
 another_nail_in_my_heart
Msg: 120
Posted: 2/12/2015 6:47:57 PM
OTTAWA – Health Canada says an Ontario medical marijuana company is recalling some of its product because it’s stronger than indicated on the label.

Health Canada says the pot – sold under the name Nyce N’ EZ – is supposed to have a THC content of 9.07 per cent, but inspectors found it actually had a THC content of up to 13.7 per cent.

Neither Health Canada nor Peace Naturals Project Inc. has received reports of any adverse events or complaints associated with the use of the marijuana. Health Canada says exposure to high levels of THC may increase the risk of adverse effects, but says the level of THC in the recalled product does not appear to have been high enough to endanger the health and safety of clients.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1823388/ont-company-recalls-medical-marijuana-health-canada-calls-it-too-strong.

Adverse effects ?
 calguy14
Msg: 121
Posted: 2/12/2015 8:12:05 PM
@hfx
Of course I know medical marijuana is not a strain,its legally grown weed that people buy with a script.What another nail posted was what I was talking about,legally grown in Canada at least is shitty dope plus its more money.The conservatives abandoned free market principles on this one.
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2015 2:55:21 AM

Of course I know medical marijuana is not a strain,its legally grown weed that people buy with a script.What another nail posted was what I was talking about,legally grown in Canada at least is shitty dope plus its more money.The conservatives abandoned free market principles on this one.

The key point to medical pot is predictability, not absolute THC content, so that when a doctor gives a prescription he know what dosage the patient will be getting.
 calguy14
Msg: 123
Posted: 2/13/2015 5:00:42 AM
@notgorshkovagain
Hahaha....that could make it into a cheech and chong movie.I think the key point is unpredictability, have you heard the amounts they sometimes allow?The Americans publish the various THC and CBD contents,and may have become more savvy at selecting strains.Besides the fact that people will buy better dope for less money.They can get twice the potency for30% less money.The conservatives were truly hammerheads on this one.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 124
Posted: 2/13/2015 5:10:33 AM

that could make it into a cheech and chong movie.I think the key point is unpredictability, have you heard the amounts they sometimes allow?

When you understand that certain strains with certain amounts of THC or CBC's treat specific aliments, then you will understand why making sure you are selling what you state you are selling is important.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 125
Posted: 2/16/2015 2:10:07 PM
Do you really know why it's illegal?
nikbistro2

Published on Feb 16, 2015

~4:22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wog_WMwY-Zw#t=49
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype