Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tgif111
Msg: 126
Marijuana Legalization and the stereotypePage 6 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

Question for the people on here What is it about people judging people for somking pot.

yes we judge you because you want to leave the real world and enter the zonked out world of mindless zombies who can't spell the word smoking. an alcoholic drink can be sipped and enjoyed. dope is just for being a twilight zone dweller, good for nothing and pretty much useless.

being a mindless doper is bad for America. we're in deep trouble and we need bright clear thinkers.
 Hearton64
Msg: 127
Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype
Posted: 2/19/2015 3:52:37 PM

Question for the people on here
What is it about people judging people for somking pot.

yes we judge you because you want to leave the real world
and enter the zonked out world of mindless zombies who
can't spell the word smoking. an alcoholic drink can be sipped
and enjoyed. dope is just for being a twilight zone dweller,
good for nothing and pretty much useless.

being a mindless doper is bad for America.
we're in deep trouble and we need bright clear thinkers.

Hate to burst your bubble, but as a weed smoker
who hates alcohol and anyone associated with it,
I am none of those insulting generalizations
you just spewed in your effort to rationalize
your drug of choice to be less detrimental than mine
And millions of others who choose to alter brain cells
Instead of kill them with alcohol.

Nothing worse than a full blown alcoholic in my book!

Gimme a man who smokes! I'm down.

Obviously you've never been high ,therefore
not in a position to judge or make silly generalizations
and you would realize just how ridiculous your impression of people
who smoke instead of drink actually is.

Weed can be smoked in moderation and control
too. I'm can be very coordinated, clear minded, creative
Sexually uninhibited, and far from a useless zombie
Living in the twilight zone!

As a matter of fact,I just took a couple of hits
Of da kind and would have no problem making
a valid point on any given subject if you'd like to test me😬

So you go have your drinkie-poo and I'll toke
my blunt and let's just live and let live.....k?

Peace brutha
 matthew83co
Msg: 128
Posted: 2/19/2015 4:45:40 PM

yes we judge you because you want to leave the real world and enter the zonked out world of mindless zombies who can't spell the word smoking. an alcoholic drink can be sipped and enjoyed. dope is just for being a twilight zone dweller, good for nothing and pretty much useless.

being a mindless doper is bad for America. we're in deep trouble and we need bright clear thinkers.

I live in Colorado, and am not against Marijuana. Taxation means our state benefits from the legal production and sale of marijuana. Illegalization means we need to use an already overtaxed law enforcement system to focus on marijuana fines and incarceration times. When presented with the choice of criminalization or legalization, I will choose legalization with set statutes and limitations in a similar fashion to alcohol, tobacco and firearms as I would rather see tax revenue go to public works or public use facilities over incarceration facilities.

There needs to be laws against smoking and driving as with alcohol. Both can cause impairment of drivers. Additionally, laws against minor use of marijuana as with alcohol, and severe penalties against parents who expose young children to marijuana as with alcohol.
 tgif111
Msg: 129
Posted: 2/19/2015 5:23:51 PM

Hate to burst your bubble, but as a weed smoker
who hates alcohol and anyone associated with it,
I am none of those insulting generalizations

I don't believe you.
you ARE all those things because what you do is bad for America. it's simply black and white.
 calguy14
Msg: 130
Posted: 2/19/2015 5:52:52 PM
@hfx
I see youve been doing more googling.So youre over the idea that some strains are completely not drug strains.Strains high in CBD are used for pain management, people can pick up High Times and learn what they need and there are pretty pictures too. :)

@tgif
So you used to know Ronnie James Dio? The guy that sang"I'm the man on the silver mountain".

You guys never got high together?
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 131
Posted: 2/19/2015 5:57:55 PM

I see youve been doing more googling.

I see you are avoid addressing the fact that I blew your claim out of the water.

So youre over the idea that some strains are completely not drug strains.

Are you over the idea that Hemp and Marijuana are the same thing?

Strains high in CBD are used for pain management, people can pick up High Times and learn what they need and there are pretty pictures too. :)

Which is exactly why if you are prescribed a certain strain you would expect to get what you asked for, so if tests showed it was out of the range it would not be sold.
 Hearton64
Msg: 132
Posted: 2/20/2015 2:28:09 AM

I don't believe you.

you ARE all those things because what you do is
bad for America. it's simply black and white.

First of all NOTHING in life is black or white!

And now you're calling me a liar?
If your warped thinking is true,
then you are no better supporting
alcohol as though it's less detrimental to society.

Go check the stats on how alcohol negatively
Impacts society and then talk sh*t about me!

And I see you as delusional to say the least!

Obviously you are unwilling to give up your
ridiculously biased steroetype of weed and those who
smoke it, but that doesn't mean your right!

No point in arguing with ignorance.
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2015 2:56:31 AM

NOTHING in life is black or white.

I wouldn't go quite that far, the majority of things actually are... but, I'm a little off subject.
 Strings6
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2015 3:02:55 AM
The point is we need to get the hell out of each others lives,its nobody's business what somebody does with or to their body...people say its bad for you,well so is being fat,a drunk and a Cigarette smoker,all those things are legal....it's just like the "safety" and "security" BS we hear everytime a new law or regulation to control our every move is passed....every damn one of the do gooder control freaks needs to concentrate on their own lives.....I don't need or want you to "care" about me and believe me the feeling is not mutual,as far as anything being "bad for America just add it the the effing list.

The problem is we don't believe in freedom anymore in America and "there outa be a law" is heard across the land everytime something happens to let us know in this little playground of stuff that reality still exist and will intrude from time to time.....and the answer for many is to run to benevolent Father government to fix it all.
 Hearton64
Msg: 135
Posted: 2/20/2015 3:38:22 AM

wouldn't go quite that far, the majority of
things actually are... but, I'm a little off subject.

Not from where I sit they aren't,and especially not when it comes to stereotypes.
Everything is on a continuum of individual perception,opinion and subjective truth.

And as I said before to each their own!!

Just don't sit on some high horse and defend
alcohol as though it's not harming society to
justify your addiction to it.

One day weed will be legal across America
just like Gay marriage will be,and you conservative
stereotyping black and white thinkers can just deal with it.😊

It's high time we eradicate the stigma attached to pot
that was formed in the 50's and stop glorifying alcohol
as though it's not one of the most destructive
drugs on the planet.

I've seen the intergenerational damage it does
and wouldn't consider it an option for all the money
In the world.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 136
Posted: 2/20/2015 3:55:32 AM
^^^My opinion is and always has been that alcohol is the most destructive drug on this planet, affecting the greatest number of people.

I'm not returning here to argue this fact. I stay away from threads populated mostly by conservative religious narrow-minded people who hate and whose answer to everything is either shoot it and kill it or pass a law to prevent it. Folks like this are incapable of logical thinking and it's a waste of my time.

You're welcome.

Rock on, Hearton.
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2015 4:07:22 AM

Not from where I sit...

I believe you have misunderstood my reply. It had nothing to do with the threads subject matter nor was I taking any "high ground".
Most things in life actually are black and white when you stop and really think about it.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 138
Posted: 2/20/2015 4:25:36 AM
^^^Yep. Sure are.

People just like that "gray" area because it gives them room to wiggle out of things.
 Hearton64
Msg: 139
Posted: 2/20/2015 8:32:09 AM
^^^*thank you!^^^^

A stoner and his pig were driving down the road when a cop
pulled him over. The cop asked the stoner, “Didn’t you know
it is against the law to ride with a pig in the front of your car?”
The stoner replied, “No, I didn’t know that.” The cop ask the
stoner where he was going and he said, “To Memphis”. The cop
said, “I will let you off the hook this time if you promise to take the
pig to the zoo when you get to Memphis.” So the farmer promised
he would. Several days later the cop spotted the stoner with the pig
driving down the road and he pulled him over again. The cop said “I thought
I told you to take this pig to the zoo when you got to Memphis”.
And to this the stoner replied “I did and we had so much fun, now I’m
taking him to the circus.”

Funny thing about people who are uptight
about weed. They are the ones who seem to need
it most!

Relax.....it's just another form of escapism!

And if YOU can drink alcohol in moderation
and responsibly what makes you think people
who smoke can't?
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2015 5:19:39 PM

And if YOU can drink alcohol in moderation
and responsibly what makes you think people
who smoke can't?

Personally, I don't see the difference between somebody having a toke and somebody having a drink.
That being said, I have no desire to be around somebody stoned out of their gourd, any more than I have a desire to be around a drunk. I see no difference.

I've had maybe a dozen tokes in my life - last time was a few years ago, when I hurt my back - it made a big difference in my being able to relax without pain and get some rest. And if I bought a flask of rum today, I'd probably still have enough left to be able to raise a toast at this year's New Year's Eve party.

I've just never enjoyed the feeling of not being in control of my own body.
 Hearton64
Msg: 141
Posted: 2/21/2015 7:22:54 AM
I can't recall a time I've been out of control
Of my body or mind on weed but back when
I was young i made some really dumb choices
whilst drinking! Not to mention hangovers
Suck!

It's a lot easier to regulate a weed high vs.
an alcohol buzz if you ask me! Not to mention
it tastes and smells better!

And yeah anyone who's too out of it
On any type of mind altering substance
I choose not to have in my midst.

But I'd still rather hang out with stoners
than drunks😆

To each their own!
 HondoGal
Msg: 142
Posted: 2/21/2015 9:10:53 PM

as a weed smoker
who hates alcohol and anyone associated with it,~Hearton

I stay away from threads populated mostly by conservative religious narrow-minded people who hate
Rock on, Hearton.~ Curious

Rather ironic. Curious, a social drinker cheers a hater of anyone who imbibes;
Then says hateful stuff…

Let’s make it legal; in fact I’m for making all rec drugs legal. Bring back the opium dens.

The fact is that most of them already are; heroin addicts get free methadone; same thing. Pot is freely available.

The problem with stoners is just that; they stay high ALL the time since most are unemployed. Very few pot heads only smoke weed Most smoke a lot of other stuff.

The actual casual pot smokers almost always enjoy wine with it; makes the high last longer and also makes it more mellow.
 Walts
Msg: 143
Posted: 2/22/2015 4:22:29 AM

Let’s make it legal; in fact I’m for making all rec drugs legal. Bring back the opium dens.

The fact is that most of them already are; heroin addicts get free methadone; same thing. Pot is freely available.

The problem with stoners is just that; they stay high ALL the time since most are unemployed. Very few pot heads only smoke weed Most smoke a lot of other stuff.

The actual casual pot smokers almost always enjoy wine with it; makes the high last longer and also makes it more mellow.

Well, let's not get sidetracked with a bunch of ignorant "facts", okay?

Why do I hear banjos?

Oh, by the way, it's not wine, it's whiskey.

Silly, silly, silly,

silly.
 calguy14
Msg: 144
Posted: 2/22/2015 8:33:43 AM
Many people do smoke too much.There are more people smoking crack now as well but plenty that wont touch it!
 trinity818
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2015 9:50:18 AM

WTF? Where do you get this crap? Oh wait, let me guess...
 another_nail_in_my_heart
Msg: 146
Posted: 2/22/2015 10:37:46 AM
FORWARD: The motion picture you are about to witness may startle you. It would not have been possible otherwise, to sufficiently emphasize the frightful toll of the new drug menace which is destroying the youth of America in alarmingly increasing numbers. Marihuana is that drug -- a violent narcotic --an unspeakable scourge -- The Real Public Enemy Number One !

Its first effect is sudden violent, uncontrollable laughter, then come dangerous hallucinations -- space expands -- time slows down, almost stands still.... fixed ideas come next, conjuring up monstrous extravaganza -- followed by emotional disturbances, the total inability to direct thoughts, the loss of all power to resist physical emotions leading finally to acts of shocking violence ... ending often in incurable insanity.

In picturing its soul- destroying effects no attempt was made to equivocate. The scenes and incidents, while fictionized for the purposes of this story, are based upon actual research into the results of Marihuana addiction. If their stark reality will make you think, will make you aware that something must be done to wipe out this ghastly menace, then the picture will not have failed in its purpose.

Because the dread Marihuana may be reaching forth next for your son or daughter ...or yours ... or YOURS!

Gotta love that movie and it's still holds true too this very day.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 147
Posted: 2/22/2015 12:26:43 PM
HondoGal

I stay away from threads populated mostly by conservative religious narrow-minded people who hate
Rock on, Hearton.~ Curious

Rather ironic. Curious, a social drinker cheers a hater of anyone who imbibes;
Then says hateful stuff…

What's ironic and hateful about that, HondoGal? Please explain it for all of us. I'd appreciate that.
 Aradia96
Msg: 148
Posted: 2/24/2015 4:05:11 AM
I think they should legalize marijuana for medicinal use. I don't know about otherwise - don't care really.
I used it once when I had a massive migraine to try and get rid of it (I have a neurological condition) but man it messed me up for months, like seriously visually tripping out and not being able to feel things, tingling and paranoid hallucinations. It was unbelievably bad, worst experience of my life. I'd definitely recommend not dabbling in drugs.
 tgif111
Msg: 149
Posted: 2/24/2015 5:20:50 PM
medical marijuana is simply an excuse to get your foot in the door for full legalization.

no to legalization of any kind.

America is in trouble and we need clear thinkers not addle brained zombies.
 calguy14
Msg: 150
Posted: 2/24/2015 5:33:18 PM
At least the cash doesn't go to Mexico and Columbia.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype