Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 151
Marijuana Legalization and the stereotypePage 7 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

medical marijuana is simply an excuse to get your foot in the door for full legalization.

no to legalization of any kind.

America is in trouble and we need clear thinkers not addle brained zombies.

If by chance someone was an addle brained zombie, do you think they would know they where a addle brained zombie?

And in related news, it is not secret that Americas favorite grifter Sarah Palin enjoyed her weed.

So I bet she is over the moon about Alaskans on this Tuesday will be able to grow and smoke all the want.
 tgif111
Msg: 152
Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype
Posted: 2/24/2015 8:18:00 PM
it's still federally illegal so when a patriot gets in the White House maybe we can get a real Atty General to shut down the states operations and bring some sanity back.
 calguy14
Msg: 153
Posted: 2/25/2015 2:36:27 AM
Then they would have to get heavy with illegal grow ops or everybody would have small gardens with Leds.
 Hearton64
Msg: 154
Posted: 2/25/2015 5:56:56 AM

medical marijuana is simply an excuse to get your foot in the door for full legalization.

no to legalization of any kind.

America is in trouble and we need clear

thinkers not addle brained zombies.

If you're so damned concerned with America,
then we should outlaw alcohol!!!
How can you condone a poison that destroys millions of lives
yet condemnMarijuana??
And why don't you see alcoholics
As being addle-minded zombies??

Utter Hypocracy that's how!!!

http://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/fact-sheets/alcohol-use.htm

"Excessive alcohol use led to approximately 88,000 deaths
and 2.5 million years of potential life lost (YPLL) each year in the United States
from 2006 – 2010, shortening the lives of those who died by an average of 30 years.1,2
Further, excessive drinking was responsible for 1 in 10 deaths among working-age adults
aged 20-64 years. The economic costs of excessive alcohol consumption in 2006 were estimated
at $223.5 billion."
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 155
Posted: 2/25/2015 10:35:01 AM

The economic costs of excessive alcohol consumption in 2006 were estimated at $223.5 billion."

Yeah sure those facts make sense and are logical, but what about the Italian Liquor Cart manufacturers that will be put out of business?

Have you no heart?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marijuana Is About to Be Legal — and Virtually Unregulated — in Washington, DC
By Liz Fields
February 25, 2015 | 7:40 am

Pot smokers in Washington, DC, are about to face a dizzying predicament.

Come Thursday, residents of the US capital will be able to legally possess two ounces of marijuana and grow up to six plants.

They can also trade or gift up to an ounce in pre-rolled joints, blunts, and the like. But they won't be able to buy any of that weed legally.

https://news.vice.com/article/marijuana-is-about-to-be-legal-and-virtually-unregulated-in-washington-dc
 tgif111
Msg: 156
Posted: 2/25/2015 12:41:54 PM

Yeah sure those facts make sense and are logical, but what about the Italian Liquor Cart manufacturers that will be put out of business?

if the country is going dopey then all I have to say is the famous words of wisdom of the wife of a man who didn't inhale.....

"WHAT DIFFERENCE, AT THIS POINT, DOES IT MAKE????"

they'll switch to Italian Dope Cart manufacturing.
 trinity818
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2015 2:15:29 PM
http://www.newser.com/story/202616/stoners-are-safer-drivers-than-lushes.html

(NEWSER) – As more states push to legalize marijuana, scientists have started to turn their attention toward the effects of driving after toking up. Stoners will likely rejoice at two recent studies by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration that appears to put them on the safer side of things: According to the first study, drivers with a BAC of 0.08 are 400% more likely to crash their vehicles than a sober person, KUSA-TV reports. However, drivers who test positive for THC—the mind-altering ingredient in pot—are only 25% more likely to crash, which drops to just 5% once age, gender, and other factors are accounted for. "At the current time, specific drug concentration levels cannot be reliably equated with a specific degree of driver impairment," the second study's authors say.

Other drugs besides alcohol, including painkillers and antidepressants, also are linked to much lower crash rates than alcohol, according to the Washington Post. A theory as to why THC may not result in as many crashes as booze: "Psychoactive drugs" are more complicated in how they react with one's body (and reaction can vary quite a bit by individual), and it's not nearly as predictable as alcohol, the studies' authors note, as per the Post; plus, THC may stay in a person's system for weeks, long after any noticeable effects have vanished. Says Colorado state Rep. Dan Pabon: "If you're texting and driving or haven't gotten enough sleep before you get behind the wheel, drinking and driving, smoking and driving—I mean, none of this is good," he tells KUSA. (If you're concerned about being killed by a drunk driver, maybe don't go out walking on Jan. 1.)

and no...I'm still not advocating driving under the influence of ANYTHING.
 trinity818
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2015 3:22:17 PM

medical marijuana is simply an excuse to get your foot in the door

Well in spite of people like you who refuse to consider all the available information, progress has been made in cannabinoid research.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=cannabinoid+research

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/cannabis/healthprofessional/page4

In another study, delta-9-THC, delta-8-THC, and cannabinol were found to inhibit the growth of Lewis lung adenocarcinoma cells in vitro and in vivo .[4] In addition, other tumors have been shown to be sensitive to cannabinoid-induced growth inhibition

Considering that I am at very high risk for lung cancer, this interests me quite a lot. Too bad Florida couldn't muster the 60% we needed to get it passed. (We only got 58% to vote for compassion.) Please don't move here. You will only make things worse.
 calguy14
Msg: 159
Posted: 2/25/2015 3:41:10 PM
A fair amount of commerce around cannabis with grow equipment and accessories.

If I had cancer I would go very low carbs and high dose cannabis.
 tgif111
Msg: 160
Posted: 2/25/2015 3:53:08 PM

Please don't move here. You will only make things worse

I AM moving to Florida and just like the picture in my profile where I worked for the Romney campaign I will go door to door to protect Americans from dopers and their zombie brains.

I WILL make things worse for people who want to live in the twilight zone.

we need clear thinkers not idiots because that's what pro dope people are pure and simple.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 161
Posted: 2/25/2015 5:12:44 PM

Please don't move here. You will only make things worse

I posted weeks ago that we have enough crazy folks here already.

I AM moving to Florida and just like the picture in my profile where I worked for the Romney campaign I will go door to door to protect Americans from dopers and their zombie brains.

If you come to my door, make sure you inhale.
 Muttonforpunishment
Msg: 162
Posted: 2/25/2015 5:26:35 PM
^^^^^ The front or BACK door ?

lol
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 163
Posted: 2/25/2015 5:33:12 PM
I actually have 3 doors, Mutton ...

*can't stop laughing*

... but I couldn't find a song with 3 doors, so I give you this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aae_RHRptRg

And for tgif (what the hell? I'm all in):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8AuMOGx_KY

HFX_RGB
Msg: 164
Posted: 2/25/2015 5:37:18 PM
Moving to Florida you say.

Miami State Senator files bill to legalize recreational marijuana
Feb 25, 2015
By Laura Sanchez Ubanell

Sen. Dwight Bullard, a Democrat representing Cutler Bay and current chair of the Miami-Dade Democratic Party, introduced SB 1176 this week. The bill would effectively legalize marijuana, even for recreational use, in Florida, according to the Miami New Times.

http://voxxi.com/2015/02/25/miami-legalize-recreational-marijuana/

For more information with regards to how Fla is going to be swimming in pot, check out:

http://www.mpp.org/states/florida/
 tgif111
Msg: 165
Posted: 2/25/2015 6:31:21 PM
the Kardashian Society is in every state.

Obama has given so much to so many they now believe they are entitled to do anything they want, even destroy America.

I wish I had a time machine to go back to the 50's when America was strong and the people were sane.

of course Demon-crats want to legalize dope. it gives them tax money to spend which equates to more votes from the Kardashians and it tames the populace into languid stupidity.

those who are pro dope are willing to sacrifice and ruin America so they can get high. going to the twilight zone is more important to you than the future of this once great country.

that's why you are traitors to your own country.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2015 7:19:10 PM
# 174, Egads man, there are so many folks poised to make so much money off of this I am surprised you're not investing in grow operations. Where's that enterprising capitalistic hands off attitude??

Oh, that's right, Hands off is only OK if it's something of interest to you that you like doing. Otherwise, if it's something such as weed that you disapprove of then it should be made illegal. Everyone has their own bliss in this world. Who are you to prevent others from enjoying theirs? Whether it's a fully stocked Italian liquor cart or a big fat hash brownie who cares? If someone is harming no one and doing as they should then why should you care? If indeed this country is free then the voice of the people should be heard and it should be decriminalized. This is in fact happening slowly throughout our great nation despite paranoid and mis informed folk such as you.Make more room in jail for some white collar crooks for a change. Heck their only crimes are bank tanking and polluting large bodies of water. How many got jail time over it??

Matter of fact, I think a big old hash brownie is the best thing that could happen to folks like you. Your minds are like a seized up engine. A little fresh air via an attitude adjustment would be just the thing to blow the cobwebs out of your brains and get your valves and pistons functioning again. Of course, this is just an opinion I have and not necessarily fact based on statistics....but based solely on the life I've lived so far. Thank you.
 tgif111
Msg: 167
Posted: 2/25/2015 8:11:33 PM

# 174, Egads man, there are so many folks poised to make so much money off of this I am surprised you're not investing in grow operations. Where's that enterprising capitalistic hands off attitude??

America is much more important than anyone making money off of dope.

If someone is harming no one and doing as they should then why should you care?

the dopers are harming America. we don't need a nation of addle brained idiots high and in the twilight zone we need people who live in the real world and can contribute to find ways to make us strong again.

dopers like you folks on here are weakening and further eroding our nation but that doesn't matter to you as long as you can go into brainlessville and live there in unreality.

you're despicable and you're a traitor.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2015 8:33:49 PM
Hmmmm, weakening and eroding our country?? Too bad our country never informed me of that when I proudly served her as a member of the armed forces. And afterwards as a tax paying, working, voting citizen.Maybe even your next door neighbor.

Real world living?? I wonder what "Twilight zone" I was in for the last 32 years. I retired from a successful 32 year career insulating piping and mechanical systems. I earned a good living. Took care of my family and raised 2 children. Paid for a home and helped my daughter earn a masters degree.

Brainless? If anyone is brainless it's folks like you IMHO. You condemn others and you know nothing about who they are other than what media outlets such as Fox News tell you about them. Which, is mainly false. Then there is always that hate for Govt. regulation you folks like to preach. If it's so then why regulate what someone puts into their bodies. Especially if it's not harming you?

If I am despicable and a traitor then you're a hypocrite and not a very smart one at that. My world is every bit as real as yours and thankfully free of boogeymen. Too bad you can't say the same. I feel for you honestly...
 tgif111
Msg: 169
Posted: 2/26/2015 7:18:28 AM
so Mr. Doremi above ^^^^you've just admitted to being:

an uncaught criminal on the run for 32 years

you betrayed your boss as an employee in your insulating job and more than likely would have been fired if he found out

you procured your illegal drug and put yourself, your neighbors and your family in harms way by coming into contact with the illegal drug trade and quite possibly could have been shot or killed as we recently had happen here twice

you thought nothing of your family as you selfishly smoked your dope and gambled on something that could have cost you your job and putting your 2 children in jeopardy. you could have lost your home and you and the kids would possibly be homeless

your drug addiction made you gamble on getting away with an illegal act which could have put you in jail costing you money better spent on your children or bettering your life

you gambled on not getting caught using your illegal drug which would have disgraced your children at school and your own name in the community

you selfishly used your money to procure an illegal drug from other criminals that you could have used beneficially in other ways

you smoked your illegal dope in your home infecting your children with second hand illegal fumes and put their health in jeopardy

your children would have been taken away from you and put in a foster home and you would have a criminal record

future employment would more than likely be in a lower paying job because you wanted to not live in the real world

you set an example to your children that may make THEM decide to smoke dope and in turn take all the chances that I've outlined above

there's plenty more but you're not worth the typing. I now shun you as all dopers should be.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 170
Posted: 2/26/2015 7:33:31 AM
You have listed SINGLE (never married) and NO CHILDREN on your profile, tgif. What do you know about anything? Maybe Doremi was getting the weed from his boss (if he was smoking at all). You are so clueless.

I've smoked with judges, State's Attorneys, doctors, college profs (all far more accomplished than you are, I'm guessing).

We all know you're not a deep-thinker. Didn't you used to have a religion listed on your profile? Just another American sheep who believes anything the government tells him. I don't think many here care about your opinions at all and I'm relatively certain Doremi does not.

Florida really needs you. Honestly, I've been thinking about moving from this state for the first time in nearly 40 years because of people like you and law enforcement way out of control here. Right up your alley there, tgif. Some folks simply don't know what to do or think unless government (or a mod) is telling them. They need rules for everything to feel secure.

Doremi, a nice poem on that thread today might be a good thing.
 etourdi65
Msg: 171
Posted: 2/26/2015 7:45:30 AM
Anyone who needs to artificially alter their brain chemistry to feel better probably needs therapy..

This site was pretty informative about the effects of THC on the Brain...
http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/how-does-marijuana-use-affect-your-brain-body
 tgif111
Msg: 172
Posted: 2/26/2015 7:54:33 AM
dancing, jet skiing, boating, fishing, traveling and all of life's fun are my drugs.

when I get to the dance floors of Tampa and Miami I plan on showing them some Youngstown Ohio moves that will set the female tongues to wagging and hopefully drooling

there was a time in the 70's when I was good enough to be a Sooooullllll Train dancer! I lived Saturday Night Fever.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 173
Posted: 2/26/2015 7:56:00 AM

Anyone who needs to artificially alter their brain chemistry to feel better probably needs therapy.

First, big difference between "has to" and "chooses to".

Secondly, therapy often leads to the artificial altering of brain chemicals, often by the use of RX meds which are far more damaging in their side-effects. Good news is many professionals are now telling patients to try marijuana first, whether it happens to be legal where they are or not.

Educate yourselves. Sheesh.
 lyingcheat
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2015 8:00:10 AM

an uncaught criminal...

you betrayed your boss...

you procured your illegal drug...

you thought nothing of your family...

your drug addiction made you gamble....

you gambled on not getting caught....

you selfishly used your money...

you smoked your illegal dope....

your children would have been taken away from you....

^^^
And you've contaminated the atmosphere with toxic views for how many years?

There's no doubt you've diminished the lives of everyone who ever had the misfortune of hearing you express your sad and simple-minded opinions.
You're like an excessively tedious wind-up toy, running through its predictable little repertoire of tricks over and over and over. Unable to do, or say, or think, anything original.

Actually, I suspect you're a paid propagandist.
Because it stretches credibility that a real person could be so one-dimensional, so immune to rational input, and so discoursively dishonest.

Anyone who needs to artificially alter their brain chemistry to feel better probably needs therapy..

Damn right. Take that tgif111... even your friends think you need therapy.

What Alcohol Really Does to Your Brain
Alcohol directly affects brain chemistry by altering levels of neurotransmitters — the chemical messengers that transmit the signals throughout the body that control thought processes, behavior and emotion.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddisalvo/2012/10/16/what-alcohol-really-does-to-your-brain/

ALCOHOL’S DAMAGING EFFECTS ON THE BRAIN
http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/aa63/aa63.htm

Your Brain on Alcohol
Alcohol is the most widely consumed drug worldwide.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/you-illuminated/201006/your-brain-alcohol

CuriousInDB
Msg: 175
Posted: 2/26/2015 8:16:37 AM

And you've contaminated the atmosphere with toxic views for how many years?

There's no doubt you've diminished the lives of everyone who ever had the misfortune of hearing you express your sad and simple-minded opinions.
You're like an excessively tedious wind-up toy, running through its predictable little repertoire of tricks over and over and over. Unable to do, or say, or think, anything original.

tgif has posted lies about me (and I'm sure others) here. It got worse when I blocked him from my inbox.

I understand from very reliable sources that tgif has been banned for life here.

Does he have a lynch mob like some of the other whackos here?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype