Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 momsaysirock
Msg: 201
Marijuana Legalization and the stereotypePage 9 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
A bit stressed, tgif? Maybe pound some of your favorite DRUG, alcohol..from the Italian lick her cart? No mistake, alcohol is a DRUG, you DRUGGIE!

addiction to booze is one of the worst, causes physical sickness and painful withdrawal ehen the alcohol addict tries to quit..if he ever does.

Addicted to booze, right? Just because the powerful liquor companies can make political donations to keep it legal does not mean that it is not a drug.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 202
Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype
Posted: 3/1/2015 3:35:12 PM
There are only two drugs that can routinely cause death during withdrawal if the addict is not medically supervised: benzodiazapines and alcohol.

I'm happy to say I'm free of both.
 tgif111
Msg: 203
Posted: 3/1/2015 4:00:01 PM
allow me to remind all the smokies that this thread is about marijuana, not alcohol.

if you can please concentrate, maybe you can remember that.

if not, we who are dope free understand why you can't.
 lyingcheat
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2015 4:59:55 PM

allow me to remind all the smokies that this thread is about marijuana, not alcohol.

if you can please concentrate, maybe you can remember that.

if not, we who are dope free understand why you can't.

Actually the thread is about "Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype". It's says so right there in the title.
Discussion of the "stereotype" and "legalisation" issues naturally allows the introduction of other addictive substances as an illustrator and/or contrast.

Perhaps when you sober up you'll understand.
 tgif111
Msg: 205
Posted: 3/1/2015 5:13:18 PM

Discussion of "the stereotype" naturally allows the introduction of other addictive substances as an illustrator and/or contrast.

it naturally does not. the stereotype word is the OP's way of trying to say: duh, we really as smart as anybody.......
it has NOTHING to do with alcohol

Someone whose motto is to party all the time, 24/7 doesn't have room to talk about other people being able to concentrate.
Your motto is to be high all the time

ummmm, no.
what my motto means is I want to have fun, enjoy my life and expand my HORIZONS, not my MIND!!!!

HERE I AM> and again don't stop it's the break of dawn and .....
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 206
Posted: 3/1/2015 5:19:37 PM
Funny, I grew up in a non-drinking culture. (Mormon) And in my life, I've never known anyone ruin their life, their family's lives, who was exclusively a grass user. On the other hand, have known dozens who have ruined their own lives, and health; their children's lives, wrecked their marriages and killed people or been killed by drinkers. We know, historically, that the cost of banning alcohol are too great. so we allow it. The basis for banning grass is bosh, and everyone knows that, too. Nice that state by state some kind of sanity is being brought to the issue.
 geezOmystars
Msg: 207
Posted: 3/1/2015 6:07:57 PM
;) ah ha ha thank-U I agree
It's SO sad that the chemical companies get 2 outlaw nature.
Hey . .
I applaud the brothers growing stuff 2 ease naturally, LiKe a dandelion!
 calguy14
Msg: 208
Posted: 3/1/2015 6:25:14 PM
My wife near destroyed her liver with secretive drinking.On meds for 16 years, unable to work.Hurt every single person around her

Discovered some bottles.gtfo.
 tgif111
Msg: 209
Posted: 3/2/2015 2:54:28 AM

;) ah ha ha thank-U I agree
It's SO sad that the chemical companies get 2 outlaw nature.
Hey . .
I applaud the brothers growing stuff 2 ease naturally, LiKe a dandelion!

thank you geezOmystars. it's great to have you onboard explaining marijuana and it's harmful effects on the mind.
 trinity818
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2015 4:34:23 AM
More on medical marijuana:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/young-girls-story-may-lead-idaho-to-approve-marijuana-oil/ar-BBi79n5?ocid=HPCDHP

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Ten-year-old Alexis Carey has a rare but intractable form of epilepsy, Dravet Syndrome. The genetic disease causes severe and multiple seizures, which often leave parents guessing if the terror of watching their child seize up will pass or turn fatal.

Alexis Carey, right, 10, sits and plays with her therapist Brigette Borup, left, on Friday, Feb. 27, 2015, in Boise, Idaho. Alexis has a rare form of epilepsy, however, her family is hoping the Idaho Legislature will decriminalize marijuana extract oil to help reduce her seizures. Alexis has a rare form of epilepsy, however, her family is hoping the Idaho Legislature will decriminalize marijuana… But Idaho's stringent marijuana laws do not allow for medicinal use. The family began lobbying lawmakers to decriminalize the oil almost two years ago. Now, they've got some legislative backers and an upcoming hearing, as Idaho joins a larger movement to loosen laws to allow the use of marijuana extract oil.

Twelve states have legalized the oil while still banning medical marijuana. Virginia legalized the oil Feb. 26. In Utah, lawmakers have given initial approval to let those with chronic and debilitating diseases consume edible marijuana products, while still banning smoking.

Marijuana extract oil first received attention when a Colorado family fought and won for access for their daughter who also had Dravet Syndrome. It is similar to hemp oil, which is legal in Idaho and can be bought in grocery stores.

With no known cure for Dravet Syndrome, children are often prescribed a****ail of medications to counter the seizures. However, the heavy drugs often come with side-effects that can permanently damage a child's developing liver, kidneys and other organs. Proponents of cannabidiol oil, a non-psychotropic extract of marijuana, argue that it reduces the amount and length of seizures in children.

If you bother to read this, you will see they are talking about "non-psychotropic extract".
 etourdi65
Msg: 211
Posted: 3/2/2015 5:26:04 AM
Why is it that so many of you who are trying to argue that marijuana isn't as bad for you as alcohol drink alcohol?

Part of the problem is that very few people limit their drug addiction to just one particular drug.
 calguy14
Msg: 212
Posted: 3/2/2015 6:08:30 AM
^^^
Why do you label having a drink as an addiction?Cold out, havent had a beer in weeks.Havent had a toke in about 3 weeks.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 213
Posted: 3/2/2015 6:34:53 AM

Why is it that so many of you who are trying to argue that marijuana isn't as bad for you as alcohol drink alcohol?

Because from a one to one standpoint, it is true, weed is far less dangerous than booze.

Part of the problem is that very few people limit their drug addiction to just one particular drug.

Which has nothing to do with weed and has more to do with the fact that it is illegal and the the guy you get it from also sells other things.

Thus if you want to eliminate any gateways, you make weed legal.
 tgif111
Msg: 214
Posted: 3/2/2015 6:58:42 AM

Which has nothing to do with weed and has more to do with the fact that it is illegal and the the guy you get it from also sells other things.

Thus if you want to eliminate any gateways, you make weed legal

huh???

thank you Mr. Spock!
very logical weed thinking! duhhhhhh

only a scrambled brain would come up with this!!!
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 215
Posted: 3/2/2015 7:16:34 AM

only a scrambled brain would come up with this!!!

Then please post an evidence that you have that can refute my claim.

Or, keep posting like a 5-year-old*, your choice.

*, by a 5-year-old, I mean a creepy old man who hits on young girls in the forums, but seems to have the mental capacity of a 5-year-old
 tgif111
Msg: 216
Posted: 3/2/2015 7:23:55 AM
my evidence is the postings of most of the dopers here who say they want legal drugs but who don't have the balls to put on their profiles that they use drugs.

you know, Rob.. dopers just like YOU!!!

it asks on your profile Rob.....do you go drugs???

your reply was "NO"

so you're a liar and a doper.

I now shun you and look down on you as all dopers should be.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 217
Posted: 3/2/2015 7:28:36 AM

my evidence is the postings of most of the dopers here who say they want legal drugs but who don't have the balls to put on their profiles that they use drugs.

Yes much like people who want gay marriage must be gay.
 Muttonforpunishment
Msg: 218
Posted: 3/2/2015 7:55:47 AM

mutton says i'm a troll but if I were a doper he'd be my friend. it all depends on which side of the fence you're on.

Actually it's NOT about which side of the fence you're on ....it's about HOW you voice your opposition.

People who present therr views in a MATURE and RESPECTFUL manner are my friends NOT people who haven't grown out of insulting people who don't share thier views.
 tgif111
Msg: 219
Posted: 3/2/2015 8:15:22 AM

Actually it's NOT about which side of the fence you're on ....it's about HOW you voice your opposition

nope. it's black and white.

if you're a doper, you're a low life and you're bad for America.
decent people should shun you.

are you a doper mutton?
 etourdi65
Msg: 220
Posted: 3/2/2015 8:34:22 AM

Then please post an evidence that you have that can refute my claim.
This may be partially true, it could also be that most people try marijuana first because it is more available and many do this in their teens. Marijuana use effects developing brains more detrimentally which may lead to changes that may cause the smoker to desire other drugs.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 221
Posted: 3/2/2015 8:51:32 AM

Marijuana use effects developing brains more detrimentally which may lead to changes that may cause the smoker to desire other drugs.

More detrimentally than what?

Where are you getting the coloration between changes in the brain and desire for other drugs?
 tgif111
Msg: 222
Posted: 3/2/2015 8:57:18 AM
this is why I don't bother to get too specific and waste my time looking up every little thing.

they want their dope and they'll do anything to get it eventually in many cases going on to harder drugs and then to robbing people for dope money.

dope is bad for America plain and simple.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 223
Posted: 3/2/2015 9:06:45 AM

this is why I don't bother to get too specific and waste my time looking up every little thing.

Yeah why bother yourself with facts and logic when you can just go full derp.

they want their dope and they'll do anything to get it eventually in many cases going on to harder drugs and then to robbing people for dope money.

Yep, much like those dope smoking founding fathers.

dope is bad for America plain and simple.

Nope, but thanks for playing.
 calguy14
Msg: 224
Posted: 3/2/2015 10:28:40 AM
And alcohol started with whiskey traders plundering the countryside and organized crime.How many Thompsons unloaded during the time booze was illegal? How many died?What is the cost to society for medical costs?Keep complaing about the ACA when there is so much else that needs to be addressed.Hard liquor doesn't help much TGIF,from what I recall of your liquor consumption,technically you are in fact an alcoholic.

Alcohol consumption can lead to hepatic insulin resistance,who will foot the bills?
 tgif111
Msg: 225
Posted: 3/2/2015 11:32:26 AM
derpity derp derp ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

derpity derp derp

derpity derp derp

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread

I CAN POST ON THIS THREAD AND I WILL!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype