Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do middle age women still feel the need to be all kissy, huggy an      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 larissan04
Msg: 76
Why do middle age women still feel the need to be all kissy, huggy and feeling in a relationshipPage 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Huh? What does age have to do with wanting affection, companionship, and a partner that lights your spark (which is what romance is about)? I don't think romance should ever go out of style and it should never have an expiration date. I once saw an older couple holding hands and giggling to each other over some private joke, and I have to say such a site gave me hope for mankind. Romance & true love are possible at any age. If you think women should "outgrow" romance by a certain "age," than I'd say men need to "outgrow" the interest in sex by age 50, too. Since that aint gonna happen, than it might be a good idea to a) learn how to romance, i.e. seduce a woman, or b) just take your ball or two and go home. Women are romantic creatures, and romancing a woman pays dividends! If you don't know that by now, then I am not sure what to tell ya! ...and btw, dating a man that didn't like to hold hands and be affectionate would be tremendously BORING and lacking that thing called PASSION - not that you'd know what that was or anything. As a matter of fact, I think we do have a name for that...oh...let me see...oh yes...it's called a FRIEND.
 DameWrite
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Why do middle age women still feel the need to be all kissy, huggy and feeling in a relationship
Posted: 12/12/2012 7:13:43 PM
If you allowed yourself some "lovey dovey" stuff, the oxytocin would flow and you would understand the goodness that comes out of it, the great feeling you have, the connection with others, others would trust you more, AND you would be nurturing your loved one instead of judging them.

Older people do not get it out of their system, they know it feels good and creates trust and bonds.

Why are you so against it?

Afraid of commitment? Do you have trust issues? Are you too cool to show vulnerability? Too proud to give? Afraid you don't have enough to give?

Think about it OP, you are stopping a vital chemical in your body from flowing that actually will make you happy and not so alone.

You're probably the type that should do more of it UNTIL it feels good and comes naturally.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 78
Why do middle age women still feel the need to be all kissy, huggy and feeling in a relationship
Posted: 12/12/2012 7:29:46 PM
I agree with those who advised the OP to find someone with the same threshold of romantic affection as he has. I don't think that the OP is being hugely realistic expecting to find such a person right away, nor do I agree with those who have reacted in extreme to the topic. For both the OP and those who advocate romantic affection - neither party is right, wrong, normal or has issues. Bottom line, everyone has a different level of affection. Most have at least have a baseline level of it, for sure.

Most people enjoy touching and caressing, kissing and everything that comes with it man or woman. If this is not for you than you need to find a woman that is rather cold or frigid about showing or giving affection. For god sake don't marry a love bug. And whatever you do, make SURE you let every woman you encounter, that your DON'T like affection. And don't be surprised if you most of your time alone. To be touched is a basic need.

When I came home from work one day my neighbor was screaming at me to come check on her father she thought he was having a heart attack. He was on the floor by the time I got to him and when the ambulance attendants arrived he was not responding to them either. They place him up on a chair and were loudly calling his name...to which he was not responding to either. I whispered in his daughters ear to go around and touch your father's face. She was worried about getting in the way of the ambulance attendants.. I told her again... go to your father and touch his face and call his name. She did, thank god, and the minute she touched him and called out Dad in the softest voice ever... Dad responded! I'm telling you touch is a very important and basic need in our lives. Often times it's the finishing touch that means the most to people.

Perhaps someday you will see just how meaningful a touch can truly be.

I agree with all quoted here, except for the part where romance/romantic relationships are getting confused with BASIC human contact. While we all need human interaction especially in the early stages of life, we don't need it in romantic relationships per se, though some prefer it. The huggy-kissy stuff that is typical of romantic relationships is unique to that one relationship - and I get that it's enjoyed, but I don't agree that it's going to cause a life or death situation if it's missing.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2012 8:09:43 PM
Amen to what Blonde Angel says!!!

It’s when they stop making the eggs is when she’ll slow it down… something to do with the hormones.

ummmmm. NOT necessarily.......
 vosche
Msg: 80
Posted: 12/12/2012 9:05:39 PM
oh man...practice ageism and making the most bonehead stupid assumptions much?? you need a warning label that reads in part to say

"not emotionally available and stupid"
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 81
Posted: 12/13/2012 7:07:38 PM
Plain and simple. I enjoy human contact. Hugs from just about anyone, touching someone on the hand or arm when meeting or during conversation, kissing my children and granddaughters on the cheek, and KISSING a man. Romance is never out of style. Flowers for no reason, small gifts, opening doors for me, ALL good. I don't care how old I get to be. All of the above makes my world a happy place to live in.
 strawberryrippleicecream
Msg: 82
 dixiestar7894
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2012 11:58:20 PM
Uh.....because the show of affection is very important to people who have a heart. Jerk
 1aimer
Msg: 84
Posted: 12/14/2012 12:39:53 AM
I don't think you EVER outgrow the need for affection, passion and romance. If you do, well, then, that's a shame. With your current mindset, I think you'll have a hard time finding a good woman on here.
 1aimer
Msg: 85
Posted: 12/14/2012 12:50:32 AM
lol touche' drinkthesunwithmyface! Well said!
 cashleys
Msg: 86
Posted: 12/14/2012 2:34:41 AM
That is just silly to say. Affection, touching, hugging, loving is what it is all about. Anyone that loses that has lost the purpose of living. How can anyone think that is ever lost.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2012 3:55:49 AM

It’s when they stop making the eggs is when she’ll slow it down… something to do with the hormones.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ha ha ha ha ha
 mariacba
Msg: 88
 Fleuron
Msg: 89
Posted: 12/14/2012 10:06:09 AM
Just forget all that icky touchy feely kissy stuff and spend lots of money on her instead… then you can start a thread about what a gold digger she is and how you don’t get any.

femaleconnection
Msg: 90
Posted: 12/14/2012 1:05:05 PM
Everyone has a different need for romance, so Op, you just need to meet a woman who matches your desire is all. They are out there, according to pretty much every guy I ever chatted with on pof, all of thier exes were not affectionate enough for them.

Maybe define this better on your profile or in early chats so that you dont waste time on women who are not a match in this area.
 onecoolM8
Msg: 91
Posted: 12/14/2012 1:32:41 PM
Im betting OP, you were not hugged a lot when you were a child, or if you were married romance was as scarce as a honest politician .
 bebegirl63
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/14/2012 2:28:11 PM
I would love to explain this to you.

First...is it normal for middle aged men and women to be romantic...in a word, yes. While there are some that don't enjoy, or need, physical contact as often as others, romance can be sought and given in other ways. Candlelit dinner, drawing a bubble bath, opening a door, holding an umbrella, silly love notes hidden in the drawer......you get the point. Romance is letting the other person know how much they mean to you by your actions (and I don't mean just bedroom time).

Second...the need to be lovey dovey...that all depends on what you consider lovey dovey. Holding hands, putting your arm around the person you're with, kissing, sitting next to each other on the couch and actually touching, or having your hand placed in the small of the back, and many other things are all "lovey dovey" to me. This does not mean that everyone else thinks as I do. Everyone has a different idea of what lovey dovey means to them.

Myself, I'm 49 years old and am a very romantic and affectionate. I can not see myself every getting it out of my system and will not even try. I also will not bother being in a relationship that is without either of these things.

Now, with all that said, why are you even wondering about this subject? According to your profile you are here only for friendship and to date but nothing serious. If you see the profile or talk to someone from here and they want a romantic man then, by all means, tell her that you are not the man and move on.
 SweetHeartedLady
Msg: 93
Posted: 12/14/2012 3:34:24 PM
What.. and you call yourself a Taurus.. ??
 Vannili
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2012 7:16:21 AM
Being lovey dovey has nothing to do with advance AGE to man or *woman ,* unless the older wo/man is repulsed by the spouse , for not taking care of his/her appearance like hygience , or to much familiarity breed contempt, like a man asked his wife to pull his forefinger then he farted with lots of people around (in a house party) I don't blame my friend for having an affair with her co worker an old man too.... Romance and sex doesn't stop when you get older ,it is only that body is susceptable to desease and gets weaker.. When an age old couple display affection in public , they are not really trying to show off , They only see each other through LOVE...

I was in a rummage sale and I saw this old couple , I guessed they were in their 70s , and they man was sitting and waiting patiently for the wife and her friends enjoying all the displays of the rummage sale. the woman went to the man and said Hi Handsome and kiss him on the lips...

<div class="quote"> Why do middle age women still feel the need to be kisssy,huggy and feeling in a relationship

It really has nothing to do with NEED, it has something to do, with natural reflexes on doing these things to a lover /spouse NOT TO A BROTHER,, or not being paid by an old GAY man as a prop wife...
 Vannili
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2012 7:33:00 AM
I am a person that I kissed my late husband 20 years older than me , when I thanked him, I greeted him good morning/ goodbye , when he said a funny thing or I approved of what he is saying... While dining I touch his hand or he touch my hand across the table... I can assure that I am not in need of the touchy ,feeling. kissys but to make a point that I was not his adopted Asian Daughter..FYI he was a caucasian American....

And I do that to with a lover to proved that at the age of 60 I am still HOTTTT..

Even wo/ men switch teams they are affectionate to each other in public, I,ve seen it...
 perre62
Msg: 96
Posted: 12/25/2012 10:56:40 AM
Wish I had a lady to hug...put my arm around...give her a nibble on the ear...hold her hand...open a door...
Wow!! Can't imagine not wanting that!
 OCRebellion
Msg: 97
Posted: 12/25/2012 11:15:02 AM
It would be interesting to know if the OP has ADD, PDD, Aspergers or the like. Based on the types of interests he has and the aversion to affection/human contact, it would make sense if he falls within one of the stated categories.
 BlokeInSydney
Msg: 98
Posted: 12/25/2012 11:26:35 AM

If you had it you never lose it.
OP....you never had it!

My view too.

I hope I never lose it! You're missing out OP.
 passion2pleaseaz
Msg: 99
Posted: 12/25/2012 4:49:57 PM
whats the problem with a woman being this way.i think its really sweet that a middle aged woman can still be passionate and excited enough to be this way with someone they are with.i see nothing wrong with it but maybe i'm not "fuddie duddie" or "mature" like other guys that are older tend to be.who wants to get old?nobody so why act like an old man before you actually have to.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 100
Posted: 3/28/2016 9:13:51 AM
LOL This is a really old thread but I will respond anyway.
WHY? LOL Sounds like a 3 yr old, Why, why, why?
Just because. Why not?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do middle age women still feel the need to be all kissy, huggy and feeling in a relationship