Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pragmatous78
Msg: 141
Messaging guys first never develops into a datePage 8 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I completely agree. If it's too good to be true it probably is.

On here you and 1241 other women are ALL emailing the three (3) hot-looking embellished-profile "executives" with yachts and planes to fly you around the World.. Just a little exaggeration there to show how it is for most guys doing a similar thing with the few hottest women and never getting a response, usually.

Logically ask, just why would those few hottest-looking top status people be on here with such an in-demand "dating" profile?
Answer, is that they usually wouldn't. Soo, those few top hotties that everyone is apparently emailing to no avail, are most likely fake profiles...
 grove_22
Msg: 145
Messaging guys first never develops into a date
Posted: 1/21/2013 3:50:31 PM

Translation: not picking ME.

How could you possibly determine anyone being overly picky? You don’t know who anyone is picking, or not picking, except YOU. Don’t become one of these woman-hating/woman-blaming guys, too blind (or whatever) to accept that the only person you can change is yourself.

I don't necessarily think a woman is picky just because I didn't match her criteria. However I do think some women and men on POF are picky. I felt that some women were picky when I had actually matched or exceed her requirements.

The site works. Women messaging men first works. The assumptions the unsuccessful women and men in this thread are making about what is and isn't responded to, and why they aren't getting results are totally off the mark. If you are having results issues look within. Work on your pics, profile and messaging skills. Quit blaming others for your results. It's you!

Some people may have relationships with other people from POF. But even many of these people had many first dates / meetings that went nowhere before getting into a relationship.
 grove_22
Msg: 149
Posted: 1/21/2013 6:19:15 PM

I agree some women and men on PoF are probably picky…everyone has the right to be “picky” and choose who they want to be with.

Sure. As long as they realize and accept that being picky could limit their potential dating pool.

How do YOU determine that you “matched or exceeded,” a woman’s requirements?
I would think that kind of thing would be HER decision.

She has a list of requirements ( age, distance, height, religion, body type, smoking and drinking habits, having / wanting kids or not etc ) on her profile that I clearly match.
 DevotedExplorer
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2013 6:58:06 AM
funnily enough all the dates I have managed up to this point have been with women that have messaged me first. I say take the plunge and any woman who suddenly makes excuses such as whats the point it never comes of anything and resort back to status quo isn't trying hard if they really like a bloke and they won't message him I would question why they are on a dating site.
 curviest
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2013 9:39:11 AM
"Its simple, every body wants a meal ticket"

Speak for yourself!

I don't want a meal ticket! I WANT to pay my own way, I am so proud and independent. But I find men HATE that in me!
 grove_22
Msg: 158
Posted: 1/22/2013 7:12:05 PM
I WANT my dating pool limited! I don’t let just any Joe Blow swim in mine.

Quality over quantity for me.

I'm not suggesting that people should go out with anyone who is interested in them. However I do agree with the poster that stated there is plenty of middle ground between having no standards and being extremely picky.
 slick3211
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2013 3:32:12 AM
Messaging guys first never develops into a date???? like men messaging women 1st always develop into dates??

problem is that most women hate rejection, so they will message 2-3 guys, and when they get no responses, they are quick to FOLD and come and CRY that "Messaging guys first never develops into a date"... while the male counterpart has messaged 100's of women, without any responses, then one day after 253 message to different women, he gets a response... and begin the "game".... but you do not HEAR the man bytching about "men messaging women 1st, never work or develop into a relationship.... Cuz real MEN have developed thick skin. With the advert of women's liberation, and equality, women have to accept the same RULES of engagement that have been in place for men for years.... Build a thick skin, keep on messaging MEN, shut up about it if they do not respond, and keep on moving!

How many women did not respond to me??? who cares... I move on....then you have the morbidly obese, or the fugly, that will contact MEN in general, because NO men will ever contact them.... So why would a gorgeous women accept to "suffer in silence" if she is attracted to a man...and simply wait until he notices her, when she already noticed him??... why could she not let him know she is interested like the fugly does to a man she is interested into??? Cuz she would be breaking the WOMEN's RULES.... Let the man chase you! I think it's stooopid... it simply allow her to "suffer in silence" wait 5-10yrs, especially when online, she could notice him, and the man could be oblivious of knowing she likes him, and he might never come across her, like in a public place, where 2 people are likely to cross eye contact, when in proximity... but not online... we are all so close via the WWW, but all so far from each other, separated by a simple "messages" to each other... What does a woman have to LOOSE if she messages a man 1st??? her poor little ego will get bruised??? who will know except her and the distant person that did not respond?? who cares...

this goes for both MEN and WOMEN... if you like him/her// make a move...or there might be never anothr chance to see each other! just like in real life in a public place!
 slick3211
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >