Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Athletic body type and the people that have themPage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Smootheticate looks like he lifts.His yoke is solid so he must be doing heavy basics.

^^^^^^^
The neck shows he is def a fit guy that lifts.
No need for shirtless pics or showing off in a wife beater
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 62
Athletic body type and the people that have them
Posted: 1/18/2014 7:17:25 AM
Lifting is but ONE kind of exercise. People have athletic talents without having that weightlifting look. I got a guy on my softball team who is TALL and fat - probably close to 400 pounds - but he moves faster than most of the 'healthy' guys on the team. I've seen him jump 3 feet in the air to snag a line drive. His physical shape in nowhere NEAR what most women would consider 'attractive', but I'd rather have him on my team than the beefy dudes that can't throw straight and get winded just running to first base.

Everyone in my family has a 'round' face - inherited from my Mom's side - and what that means is no matter how much weight I may lose or gain - the amount of fat around my face pretty much stays the same. I have one uncle who's fat and an alcoholic and another who's a priest and fairly slim and you cannot tell the difference in their face when they stand side-by-side. I dropped nearly 50 pounds a few years back and the difference in my face was barely noticeable.

What I'm saying is full-body pics tell your shape, so use them. Facial pics aren't enough. Claiming you're athletic isn't enough. PROVE you are with pictures.

Being in multiple sports activities SHOULD hold more merit than just being good at one, but if all women want is the weightlifting look, why the hell do we bother with playing softball, volleyball, boot hockey, bicycling, hiking, or ANY of the other sports? Because we WANT to.

Being 'active' -- is a word than can be twisted mean as little as being 'awake', just like being an 'athlete' can mean as little as being good at darts or billiards in a bar. Instead of grumbling about what people define as 'athletic', do some reading into those profiles and see what they consider to be their favorite 'activities' - those kinds of details mean more than the main body shape description anyway.
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/18/2014 9:55:11 AM
I'm a healthy weight for my height. I have a very strong core and back, even some abs. But I don't say athletic. I have a cane, I'm not doing sporty stuff and running. In my mind I'd be giving a false impression. So I say average.
That's just how I reason it out to myself.
 statemachine500
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/23/2014 7:03:21 PM
I could believe a 48 resting heart rate in a runner.20k at 7000 feet several times a week and a powerlifter as well?Your physique doesn't say so.Besides the fact that only Superman could do that.
 statemachine500
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/24/2014 4:25:39 AM
I get it.Another cross fit story.Like I said,the photos don't indicate any power lifting capability for the numbers you claim.The last cross fitter here was telling us his little sister could squat 700.To be specific,your forearms look way to soft to be able to grip the bar for what would be your biggest lift.
 statemachine500
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/24/2014 4:44:16 AM
I also see you removed that shirtless pic on the boat dude.
 statemachine500
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/24/2014 8:18:59 AM
^^^^
Very few people are doing singles only,and even if he did his forearms would be gnarly.Running that many miles at 7000 feet,which is 3500 above Tucson would be quite a feat,while lifting for 1300 natty.His diet looks right on as well.
 statemachine500
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/24/2014 9:58:13 AM
1300 for what weight?I don't believe there is a natty woman on this planet that could do those numbers,better check between her legs.Gnarly forearms would be all veins because the muscle tissue is dense.....and this is not what I see on you.I don't believe any of your numbers,but don't worry about it,this is just the Internet.

Had a look.The shirt less pic you took down sure as heck didn't look like a guy that could bench 350.That new pic....you do look quite a bit different don't you?Seem to be beefier around the jaw line.What kind of drugs are your friends using?
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/24/2014 10:05:51 AM

I don't believe any of your numbers,but don't worry about it,this is just the Internet.

Yeah, don't fret over his bragging - I'm sure the pull of gravity is just as thin as the air at that elevation. ;)

Smiley; In all seriousness - Do you have anxiety issues?
I ask this because I've met more than one person who is compelled to constantly exercise/push themselves because they have latent anxiety or depression issues and they are forcing themselves to stay active on the exercise 'rush' constantly to avoid using medication. They have trouble sleeping and such.
 statemachine500
Msg: 70
Posted: 1/24/2014 2:30:11 PM
^^^^^
Huh?I'm not but hurt about anything dude,I am simply pointing out that the pic you took down doesn't look at all like a guy that could do pushups let alone bench 350.I said you look different....I wonder what from.....nobody runs that mileage and can keep decent squat and deadlift poundage without assistance bud.So quit with the talk about girls.

And I see that you changed pics yet again.What happened to the one by the peak?
 statemachine500
Msg: 71
Posted: 1/24/2014 6:35:28 PM

nobody runs that mileage and can keep decent squat and deadlift poundage without assistance bud.

I've noticed it's always unathletic people that find it so impossible that anyone in the world can be more physically fit than they are. They are also the ones always trying to discredit with ad hominem attacks.

What makes you feel you are more athletic than moi?I'm not stupid enough to bring on the free radicals that endless miles do,but I can likely out sprint you with your 15-17% body fat.I played organized hockey,baseball,football and wrestling.I am near completely ambidextrous.Now,I am going to tell you something.I first encountered people using gear at 15 on my football team,I visited Gold's in Venice in 73,I've been up close to a guy that had so much quad mass that it covered his knees and WSM Bill Kazmier used to work out at my home gym here in Calgary,the owner of Golds gym here that I frequented was the woman's world powerlifting champion in the late 80's,and yes,I've tried drugs in smallish amounts myself,so I know the difference and what they do.So when I look at the difference in some of the pics and the lifts you were doing when you looked like the guy in the peak picture,I know what's going on,ok?I feel sorry for you looking up to Jim Wendler.Following this path means eating way too much bad food,elevated insulin levels,injuries that can destroy your quality of life....and you guessed it,way too many drugs to lift like him.He's not veiny,too much fat on him,his waist is too big,but he has large forearms.This article at T Nation doesn't mention any jogging.Prowlers,sleds,hill sprints etc.No stoopid 20 k at 7000 feet.

Conditioning 101
by Jim Wendler

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/conditioning_101&cr
 traveltrekker
Msg: 72
Posted: 1/24/2014 10:09:23 PM

How did you come to the conclusion that you had a athletic body type?

My sumo wrestling coach said so. :)
 statemachine500
Msg: 73
Posted: 1/25/2014 12:18:09 AM
@smiley
I've seen and heard from plenty of you fools.You won't be smiling so much when you wreck your shoulder or knee from trying to emulate your hero.Anybody that figures Wendler is a genius is pathetic.
 statemachine500
Msg: 74
Posted: 1/25/2014 7:24:49 AM
^^^^
I will admit these crossfit fools really irk me,they seem to feel they are doing something completely different and make incredibly outrageous claims.You can see for yourself that he was formerly built like a girl before he embarked on this craze The reason I try to get through to him,because I have seen and observed so many on the forums with the obsession to emulate somebody else,is that they become meteorites.They suffer serious injuries or hormonal disturbances that leave them unable to have normal sexual relations...I am 57 and still here,how many guys are still in the gym?I've had to listen to plenty of retards along the way that thought a bunch of drugs made them somebody special,which they are for awhile.

Don't make the same mistake.
 statemachine500
Msg: 75
Posted: 1/25/2014 7:43:29 PM
Hahaha

You switched up the pics again.Yeah you look like you can pull 500.And Special Forces!WOW!

Don't arm wrestle any girls.
 billingsmason
Msg: 76
Posted: 1/26/2014 12:23:53 AM
Damn Mr smiley, get over yourself.
How many threads do you jump around calling troll? Might want to check the definition.... Google is free.

Bragging about how in shape you are is sad hombre.
Running your neck isn't exercise.

I actually do pick up 500 lbs a few times a month. Is that something special?
Or does that make me a troll too?
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2014 2:17:49 AM
Bodies of athletes and how many variations there are..Interesting.

http://www.boredpanda.com/athlete-body-types-comparison-howard-schatz/

The testosterone in this thread is something, kind of exciting really.
Can we get some full body pics of all of you?I personally would enjoy MOST of them. :0

I'll volunteer to judge.
 statemachine500
Msg: 78
Posted: 1/26/2014 8:42:15 AM
^^^^

I am trying to make sure it doesn't appear as the frickin MAIN!Private doesn't appear,do I have to be upgraded now?

@ Mason
Yes I believe you can do that,you're a fairly big man that gets lots of back work.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 79
Posted: 1/26/2014 8:58:43 PM

Bodies of athletes and how many variations there are..Interesting.
http://www.boredpanda.com/athlete-body-types-comparison-howard-schatz/

Many variations - yet they all seem to prefer wearing the same black outfits and being oiled down, hmmmm
 cooldog65
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2014 12:09:04 AM
Many variations - yet they all seem to prefer wearing the same black outfits and being oiled down, hmmmm

They did that to make it very neutral. It would be interesting to see more current athletes as the pictures were from around 2000.

The female boxer, trampoline athlete and the track athlete with the prosthetic lower legs caught my eye.
 ALBYAK
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2014 8:39:20 AM
WOW, I guess this it what they call a gym rat forum, only workout myself so I can still hunt & fish without problems at my age.
 jpwrnglrwmn
Msg: 83
Posted: 2/4/2014 12:00:03 PM
[The people that have them don't need to put athletic, we can see what we think if they have pics.]

Yep, you couldn't have said it better. . a picture is worth a thousand words, so people will think what they will regardless of the description. And as another poster said, it's athletic if you look at the pictures objectively, and not just compared to others in one's age group. I workout (1 hr cardio 1/2 hour weights) 4 days a week, but am still fine tuning my eating habits (non starchy veggies with plant based protein or fish most days of week, nuts, eggs, beans, small amt of dark chocolate, almond milk,no dairy other than eggs, grains limited to 2 days per week) , so I don't feel comfortable about putting "athletic".
 Vertizontal
Msg: 84
Posted: 2/25/2014 5:00:05 AM
I tried to cover two bases by selecting "athletic" as my personality and "thin" as my body type (hey, if they had a "scrawny" option I'd take it lol). The way I look at it, I was "athletic" as a youngster, now in my mid 40's I'm just a fit runner, grateful I can still do it. And I agree with several others, people will view your pics and use their own judgment on what body type you are. Oh, and hello...I'm new. (=
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2014 1:11:06 PM
^^^^^^^
Not scrawny.
You look athletic and lean.

I'm hardly an athlete, though I work out.
Its just a body "type" on line and varies.
 Vertizontal
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/28/2014 7:12:34 AM
Hey, thanks for that! ^ Guess we're all tough on ourselves in certain regards, and for myself, physically, I always see a puny dude, worst part is - from what I've always thought/heard, not too many women are keen on that look lol...problem is, I'm addicted to running...a catch 22, be ultra thin and fit but not a necessarily a great specimen, or stop running, sacrifice the fitness level and ironically, look more healthy to the average person. Heh. Oh, and you look quite fit yourself!
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >