Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Now Taking Applications for the End of the World      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 7
Now Taking Applications for the End of the WorldPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
A likely possibility (one that happens every few hundred years) is a mega solar flare which would be expected to knock out all electrical grids; which would be disastrous in this day and age; whereas it might have little little impact during the times when we did not function with electricity. But would be a very big deal now!
 annywn
Msg: 8
Now Taking Applications for the End of the World
Posted: 12/31/2012 12:40:44 AM
Ya that apocolyse sucked, epic fail mayan dudes.
 GetmeOutofThis_Please
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/7/2013 5:02:10 AM
I have some ideas and i love to support them with logic because it just makes it all the better. However, I just would rather say that I've always heard about people getting older and start thinking that this and that are going to happen and they get consumed by the notion of the end of the world. Well, I'm just glad that I was able to be that person who goes crazy thinking its the end of the world at the age of 26 instead of wayy later in life. Now i get to be that crazy person for a long long time muahahhahaha =D
 hurricane hanna
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 1:53:54 PM
The guy who dreamed up the James Holmes conspiracy averages about two conspiracies every 48 hours. I think that he should be working on the next big end of the world conspiracy right now.
 PROTON67
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/14/2013 11:08:52 AM
There were 2000 years from Adam to Abraham, 2000 years from Abraham to Jesus, and this current dispensation of the church age, which began in 33 ad, is to last for 2000 years. All of the prophesies of the last days of the church age are now happening and getting more and more intense even as the scriptures said they would. Among many other prophesies, Jesus said the generation that sees Jews begin to return to their land (1948) will not pass away until all of the prophecies of the last days of the church dispensation be fulfilled.
 Kohmelo
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2013 9:35:06 PM
Well it seems there's a new one..

Malachy's prophecies. Basically he predicted the last 112 popes and the next one will be the last before God Judges us all... or something to that effect.

http://www.bibleprobe.com/last10popes.htm
It's a bunch of reading, but the gist of it is the end is nigh.
 RussArtLover
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2013 9:55:19 PM
Jan 4th 2014 aliens will prevent a nuclear disaster in Texas and be finally revealed as Willy Nelson fans.
 Albvs
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/23/2013 12:40:58 PM
I really don't sweat the natural disasters to include near-Earth incoming objects like meteors.

And I really don't worry about the growing world population combined with the dwindling numbers of honey bees since 1950. (If the honey bees die, we're next.) There will be some magic number theoretically at which the world's population outstrips the food resources. But I don't sweat that date even though it's within my lifetime.

Do you really think the world leaders will allow us to get to that "magic number" in the first place? They've been actively doing things to 1) prevent population growth and 2) deal with it when we reach that number.

I'm using the quote mechanism here as an indented margin:

Google: Global 2000 Report (1980); Global Future, Time to Act (1981); Endgame: Office of Detention and Removal Strategic Plan, 2003 - 2012 Detention and Removal Strategy for a Secure Homeland (2003); Gunderson Steel Fabrication Portland Oregon train cars with shackles contract; Why Are Modern Guillotines on Military Bases in America?; guillotine-tech.com/operator-training.html; The Georgia Guidestones; Investigating FEMA mass graves in Houston, Texas youtube; FEMA death camp youtube; FEMA plastic coffins youtube; DHS Preparing for Disaster: Buying Bullets, Food Supplies, Activating Detention Camps; Swine flu pandemic level; Vaccine Generics: Harm Principle Justifies Vaccinations

And to be honest, I'm not even worried about my own government trying to fake us out with a bogus swine flu pandemic threat, quarantining us into districts, loading us onto those train cars with shackles, moving us to the FEMA camps, feeding us the emergency food, processing us in a warehouse that contains guillotines, putting us into plastic coffins and dumping us in the huge mass-burial gravesite in Houston, Texas, for example. Why am I not worried? Because I have a gun and I have bullets and as a veteran, I'm trained on how to use them.
 Albvs
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/24/2013 8:28:35 AM
I consider myself more stoic than paranoid. This drawn-out process has been going on since about 1965 or so it would seem.

Population chart:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b7/Population_curve.svg/550px-Population_curve.svg.png

Population growth chart:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a4/World_population_growth_rate_1950–2050.svg/800px-World_population_growth_rate_1950–2050.svg.png

Note the downturn in growth and the timing of that decline.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Now Taking Applications for the End of the World