Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Spending Christmas Alone      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 loveisatemple
Msg: 111
Spending Christmas AlonePage 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Having been a young student of the jwitnesses(shh) not celebrating holidays is a long tradition, never mind the tedious noncelebrated birthdays. Now, I improvise rituals or forgo them, and were I to pair up...this I'm truly starting to wonder about...it might be fun to make up new meanings for the holidays, but I don't want to strain my imagination..

I've has some non fatal health conditions interfere so long, I've stopped caring much about any of these things tormenting others. Recently, my cures have been more effective and now suddenly when it seems more possible I'm reminded of how miserable dating and attractions are...ugh..so much more pleasant not to care. I'm starting to gain empathy for all the belly aching...for example I never understood the declarers of "I will be solo till the bitter end". I get it now, this is so hope doesn't torture them the rest of their days and drive them to drink.

Hope really is a **stard that laughs at you. I've been soothed by the notion "expect very little, and nobody can disappoint you"... It helps a bit. At least my feelings can't get hurt when humankind shows its nasty fallibility.
oh another one..game face. it used to bug me to see bravado. now I see its to keep from crumbling totally. oh.

All this empathy is making me misty. I think it's a combo of winter gloom, Sad, pms..maybe the planets are shifting, and depressing family drama...all I am is grateful for my health. That is everything, so I really can't complain.
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Spending Christmas Alone
Posted: 12/25/2014 6:25:23 AM
Yep, alone. Completely, tottally alone. Well, there are my dogs. So, I'm doing something I haven't done in many years. I suspect I'm going to sleep most of the holiday away soon. :p
 CTRLvector
Msg: 113
Spending Christmas Alone
Posted: 12/25/2014 7:03:51 AM
I may not have close family ties, or anyone substantial right now. Im not concerned about it. I got me homeless drug addicted brother on my couch. I got my cat, and I got relative sanity despite the smack down that could basically be described as non-stop mortal combat uppercuts. Due to not understanding what was going on, and also being left while getting treatment for the non understood thing.

Still, screwed up as everything has been, its kinda funny now. If you can't appreciate the plot twists, irony, and humor then I don't know good luck.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 114
Spending Christmas Alone
Posted: 12/25/2014 9:05:23 AM
My homemade Manicotti was a huge hit last night; got lots of compliments. There was so much food there, I am still stuffed, and the host's meatballs were awesome as well. A good time was had by all, and as things wound down, one of the ladies told me that my ex must have problems with her head for getting rid of me like she did (she also said that the ex-MIL was evil from the things that she has done). This wasn't the only personal compliment I received that night, and it was very nice to hear it coming from such great people. Guess I'm not the evil b@stard so many here make me out to be - huh.

Tonight it is prime rib with the same great group of people.
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 115
Spending Christmas Alone
Posted: 12/25/2014 9:48:12 AM
Sounds like a great feast Joe! Yes it's always nice too hear compliments ...merry Christmas big guy!
 CTRLvector
Msg: 116
Spending Christmas Alone
Posted: 12/25/2014 12:20:17 PM

the ladies told me that my ex must have problems with her head for getting rid of me like she did

That means she's got an idea, right, so Kong up - You need to be Mario and jump the barrels, climb the ladders.

Tonight prime rib, with a side order of fornication vis-à-vis old people sex (x-mas visual)

So she made a pass,
and
you thought to ask,
but
you lost your brass
So
Go get your lass
Smoke some grass.
and you tap that ass.

Its rhyming motivation.
Rappers make it so easy to rhyme ass.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.”

And that's to drive the point home.

There are furmer haterers?
 JoeBnD
Msg: 117
Spending Christmas Alone
Posted: 12/25/2014 12:45:19 PM
That means she's got an idea, right, so Kong up - You need to be Mario and jump the barrels, climb the ladders.

Would that be to cheat on her husband? No, it was a compliment and nothing more. After she said something about what a good man I was, I replied "that's not what the women I want to date say (not that I really want to date; just being funny)." She replied "I will set them straight."

Now about the 19 year old daughter of one of the couples there (who just keeps getting prettier every time I see her)........ ;^)

19 hmm, I don't know marcus would not approve! hah

lol. Marcus is a dog....... no, really - their Chow dog.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 118
Spending Christmas Alone
Posted: 12/25/2014 12:51:02 PM
Oh derp, I thought she was in the same situation. Yeah, then probably just smoke some grass.

But yeah I get what you're saying, sometimes when you feel down, but you get that compliment anyway. Really drives the point home, doesn't matter who says it - if they call you good, that's all anyone can hope to be ever.

19 hmm, I don't know marcus would not approve! hah
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 119
Spending Christmas Alone
Posted: 12/25/2014 1:38:13 PM
A 10 mile walk/jog that will be defeated by copious amounts of vino this evening :)
 hotdogshop100
Msg: 120
Spending Christmas Alone
Posted: 12/25/2014 4:08:14 PM
I love spending Christmas alone and its a definite choice to do so. I could've gone to a huge yearly get together today with 40 of my extended relations but now I get peace and quiet with old movies, a lighted Christmas tree and two dogs. Complete bliss relaxing.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 121
Spending Christmas Alone
Posted: 12/25/2014 9:20:26 PM
I love spending Christmas alone and its a definite choice to do so.

Hmmm,

yes,

ok.

I'm watching the 5th element on Netflix, well like sort of half watching it, because I don't really watch TV. Mostly I just turn it on to screw with my perepherable vision. And everyone so often a loud noise goes off. And that helps, kind of like a cold splash of water to the face helps. You know what I hated though, shaving in the field. Desert cold as all get up in the morning, you're freezing, you've been that way for days, sleeps sucks, babywhipes aren't talking the stink off anymore, MRE tastes like dog food, scraping skin and hair off your face. Where the f*** are the hot As?

For as horrible as training was, and even though our commander was relieved for blowing the budget before the middle of the year.... I think we help progress his career, because we made up his field up. We did that, by freezing our nuts off in the field for a month, and then we did another month 2 weeks later.

He was pentagon type dude, word was he needed time commanding. As opposed to whatever stuff the pentagon does. Think about that, the pentagon, wtf do they do there? I don't know, the department of defense. I imagine they are thick skinned suits, they'd have to be. Actually the commander was relieved, so I guess that's Karma.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Spending Christmas Alone